• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [LSA's Subthread] Extraction of LSA's

Can one do a simple CWE as described above, and then dissolve excess water at low temp to yield something of a full spectrum tar or crystalline compound? I know I hear that oxidation is serious issue with pure LSAs, but i'm curious if this is doable with maybe a limited shelf life...?

yes, you can. you can use the top of a food dehydrator placed over a bowl with the extract water and it will dry. if you scape it it will be tan yellow.

I eat whole plants generally, but have a few friends who are interested in a less nauseous route. And while liquids cwe is easily an option, I am curious about reduction without defatting if anyone has experience.

the guy that wrote the disregard everything i say thing uses garlic cloves to eliminate the cyanogenic glycosides in hawaiin baby woodrose seeds. i don't think the irritation from morning glory seeds is caused by cyanogenic glycosides but i've never tested that to know for sure. i've read that the morning glory seeds contain alcohols that are irritants. you can soak ground morning glory seeds in oil for a couple days at room temperature and then discard the oil (using a french press) to get rid of the non-polar things in morning glorys and also the alcohols. the remaining mash will be oily. you can wash it with a small amount of alcohol to get the oil off. then if you do a regular extraction with distilled water there will be very little to no nausea. you can drink the water or dehydrate like you mentioned before. here's a write of from another site:

"here's a recipe for lysergic acid amides from morning glories->

grind 9 grams seed

put the seeds in a small bowl and mix in a couple drops of lemon juice

let it sit a couple minutes

put in french press

fill press 3/4 with oil

let sit a couple days, stir it once in a while

press, discard oil

add a little 151 (high proof alcohol) and stir then press

do again

seeds should be dry to touch now

*put seeds in small bowl

*add a few drops of lemon juice, peppermint oil, and about a shot or two of 151

*stir it up and then let it dry in a cool dark place for a couple days

scoop it into a quart mason jar

fill ~5/6 of the jar with **distilled water

put lid on tight and shake well

let sit in fridge

the seed stuff will settle on the bottom

either pour off white liquid and drink or evaporate for later use"

*these steps can be skipped if you want. if you do skip them the seed mush and goo might not settle to the bottom and stick as well. you might have some floating crumbs to remove.

**you can also use seltzer water or club soda just make sure the lid is on tight. the pressure might help the reaction with the peppermint oil, which can also be added at this time if you want to skip *.

Last edited:
18 hbwr seeds soaked in 99% ISo alcohol in a light proof container at room temp for 6 days, put on a flat plate to evap. Left with a brown goo. Capped the goo into to caps, has anyone tried a method like this? Would this be one dose?

>the irritation from morning glory seeds
>is caused by cyanogenic glycosides

And yet in the past 60 years there has never been a paper or article anywhere actually proving anything like this has ever been isolated in any species of psychedelic morning glory seed. It is a big fat bullshit.

>On that note, Hawaiian babyrose seeds are used in
>the guide. Is using morning glory seeds an issue, or
>can I use them without any adverse or lessened effects?

As mentioned, baby woodrose have a very different alkaloid profile. And they feel nothing like I. tricolor. In general, I found i. tricolor far preferable to baby woodrose. I have had some very entheogenic trips on baby woodrose seeds....but only with the freshest of fresh seeds....they rapidly degrade and become a horrible body-load, nausea producing shit of a trip...where as I. tricolor seeds seem to stay fresh for a long time.

18 hbwr seeds soaked in 99% ISo alcohol in a light proof container at room temp for 6 days, put on a flat plate to evap. Left with a brown goo. Capped the goo into to caps, has anyone tried a method like this? Would this be one dose?

do the capsules all have the same amount of goo in them?

sorry to bump an old thread but i was referred here by a mod. has any body had success with freeze precipitating morning glory seeds to lsa crystals? i only ask because i know you can freeze precipitate mimosa root for dmt and it would be the easiest way to produce a pure crystal. ive asked questions and posted threads everywhere....the shroomery, mycotopia, here, and more, and nobody wants to give me any direct answers for some reason. i've done the homework and a 50lb bag of morning glory seeds is like a $100 which would produce a shit ton of good natural lsa doses. if any body can give me an insight on this topic im willing to make teks galore. just need a little confidence boost before i drop money on seeds and a good freezer. any help would be greatly appreciated

I have had some serious nausea problems with hawaiian babies and morning glories and at this point I think it's mostly psychosomatic after my first horrible experience because nothing I do seems to help. I'm working on a cold water extraction with 20 HBWRs right now from a batch that gave me decent effects (but horrible nausea for two days), but even thinking about drinking it kinda makes me sick. Drinking a ton of ginger ale helps, especially with the taste, so I'll update after I drink it.

Do use naptha... or petroleum ether if you can get your hands on it...
Simple (and safe) extraction... if you take your time

Grind hbww or morning glory (make sure you have the proper variety of hbww otherwise there will be no active compound to extract) using a coffee grinder, grind into a fine powder.
Soak the seeds in just enough naptha (or pet ether) in a mason jar (with lid) to cover the seed mush for at least 5 days, shake well every day.

Open up the jar and wait for ALL of the naptha to dissolve, this can take up to two weeks.... do not rush this process or your extract will contain a large amount of BAD impurities... for this reason do not over do the Naptha in the first place for it will just make things take longer.
Once all the naptha is dissolved in your now open mason jar you will be left with a dusty, crusty (DRY) powder... Like really, really dry. Take this powder out of the jar and be sure to not take any dried naptha that has built up on the sides along with it.

Here's the fun part... Now that the Pet Ether has allowed your LSA to come to the surface, you can add your 90% isopropyl alcohol.
Allow the seed mush to sit in the alcohol (in an open container) for 3 days.
Once you have the seed powder that has been left of it's Naptha (pet ether) soak in alcohol then you can press on to the harvest...
You will need a GLASS trey, separate the alcohol (which now contains active LSA) into your glass dish, use a coffee filter to do this... squeeze the mush heavily.
Wait until the alcohol evaporates and wallah! there you have it, LSA at a purity of over 50%... not bad at all for a simple recipe... None of these impurities are any more harmful then the substance itself... do not fear.

Now scrape the brownish yellowish dish and be sure to check your dosing in accordance to the purity of your extract. Careful monitoring of how many seeds went in, and how much LSA powder (in weight) came out is crucial.... Like all psychedelics this shit is serious... don't go fucking about.
If you are going to do this extraction do it properly or don't bother... haste makes waste.... don't let the Naptha scare you... if it does, best leave move onto a different psyche.
shwoahhh whoah shah shweeeeeeeeeee enjoy the show.

I don't understand what the naptha does. You just let it evaporate? Without separating? Why?

No, with separating, but the idea that it sponges up unwanted alkaloids from the seeds is questionable.

No, with separating, but the idea that it sponges up unwanted alkaloids from the seeds is questionable.

I understand the defatting concept but that's not what this guy is saying. Reread his post: he's letting the naptha evaporate in the jar without removing the seed mush. He's saying it "allows the LSA to come to the surface." I've never heard of anything like that.

Yeah nothing will evaporate with the naphtha, you have to separate the naphtha while it's still liquid to remove the stuff it removes.

do not use naptha. I do not care what you have read on the internet, naptha is very dirty and will leave a residue you will taste. The only acceptable thing to use is lab-grade petroleum ether and naptha is not a substitute for it. If you can not obtain lab-grade petroleum ether, then please do not attempt to make extractions using morning glories and petroleum-based solvents unless you want to ingest potentially carcinogenic compounds and drink something that tastes like an oil factory.

Trust me, i've made all kinds of extracts with the seeds and i know what i am talking about. And lighter fluid and naptha are not the same thing. Lighter fluid has naptha in it, but also other petroleum distillates.

If you don't want to eat the seeds, why not just make a simple water infusion of the seeds? Just soak a dosage of the ground seeds in distilled (pure) water for 6 hours or so. Stir often. Then use a tee-shirt or cheese cloth to filter it. Do not use a coffee filter as it will quickly clog. A high quality paper towel will also work.

^^^ the word

A question for the people who have used the alcohol/water infusion method. Does the "fish-eye poison" separate out on top?

It seems clear that at least one of the alkaloids in morning glory seeds* is undesirable, but I believe that its only undesirable effect is that of vasoconstriction. Any fish eye delierient effect is a result of your particular trip. My recent post in Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion is relevant to Dang 'Ol Stoner's question: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...hylamide)-saga-part-2?p=12606488#post12606488

*See below for an example of the ergoline alkaloids identified in these seeds.

Further reading: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/entries/7141-morning-glory-seed-information-archive

NOTE: Many of these alkaloids are only found in miniscule amounts, which is why I said "at least one" is undesirable.

Chao JM, DerMarderosian AH (1973) Ergoline alkaloidal constituents of Hawaiian baby wood rose, Argyreia nervosa (Burm. f.) Bojer. J Pharm Sci 62:588–591

k3asLYw.gif

Thanks for the links. I'm not able to view the second one for some reason (I guess I'm not privileged, or some BS)

I suggest mixing in 1.2g to 2g of EDTA into your CWE it will remove most of the cyanide and bind it into little white balls which should float on the surface, when you filter your solution it should remove the cyanide balls or in the least make the cyanide inactive due to chelation. Cyanide contained in most LSA type plants or seeds is a metal.

I have an important question, after you extract the Morning Glory's LSA using the alcohol method. How much of the yellow gummy LSA do you place in each capsule for a strong dose?