• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [LSA's Subthread] Extraction of LSA's

Don't even take your chances with public water. Even a very small amount of chlorine could do a lot of damage to your LSA.

Just buy a bottle of distilled water, will cost no less than a a buck or two.

OK<so waht about sum bottled water that is 'enhanced',with minerals???....
I ask because i wana make an extract but the bottled water i have has:purified Water,Calcium Chloride,and Sodium bicarbonate"

Wud using this water destroy the LSA?...wud it be better to just boils sum water instead?

OK<so waht about sum bottled water that is 'enhanced',with minerals???....
I ask because i wana make an extract but the bottled water i have has:purified Water,Calcium Chloride,and Sodium bicarbonate"

Wud using this water destroy the LSA?...wud it be better to just boils sum water instead?

You could just use spring water. That would be ideal. :)

LSA extraction?

I would like to know how a alcohol extraction of HBWR or MG seeds works. I've read about the polar/nonpolar extraction method, but I read something about just an alcohol extraction, soaking the seeds in alcohol for a period of time. My question is, if this is the correct: Does the alcohol filter out the toxins, or the LSA? So would I drink the alcohol or eat the seed mush? And compared to a CWE is it worth it? From what I was told, the only difference is the evaporation time. Can someone please clarify this for me? thanks

do not extract man trust me the effects are much better with just the seed powder..... thers quite a few side effects but the body high is amazing and the visuals are closest to lsd... next to benadryl but trust me you dont want that high

Hi there, I'm going to move this to Psychedelic Drugs as they handle LSA queries.

BDD > PD

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I searched and found only conflicting stories, and not much detail. So I figured I'd just ask here....

Does anyone have experience cold water extracting MG seeds with peppermint oil to convert LSA to LSH? Was it that simple? Was it actually different than LSA itself? Do you need a lighter dosage? Does it last the same amount of time? Etc. Thanks.

I have an idea about how to make a higher quality cold water extraction. It's a refined cold water extraction, if you will.

Grind the seeds up and simply place them in water and let them just sit in the water. Refrain from shaking.

I believe that this will make most of the lysergamides infuse into the water while preventing most of the oil component from infusing into the water. I'm not sure how long to let it sit but I'm guessing no more than two hours. Based on the accounts below, I believe this is how the natives prepare them. So basically my method involves simply refraining from agitating -- you don't want the solution to turn milky. Presumably the lysergamides infuse relatively quickly. Remember, the crude solvent extractions have a really good reputation and as far as I know, the only thing they accomplish is defatting. The method I'm talking about in this post should accomplish something very similar. Perhaps use ice water.

As with Turbina, Badoh Negro seeds are ground and placed in a gourd with water. The solid particles are strained out, and the liquid is drunk.

Plants Of The Gods by Richard Schultes and Albert Hoffman

The Indians grind the seeds on the metate (grinding stone) until they are reduced to flour. Then the flour is soaked in cold water, and after a short time the liquor is passed through a cloth strainer and drunk.

http://www.erowid.org/entheogens/wri...on_notes.shtml

Last edited:
Here's an idea i read about on another forum that seems pretty interesting-

Grind seeds
Basify with ammonia/another base so long as you titrate the ph high enough to base the lsa, but not destroy it.
Dry seed powder.
Pull with dry acetone, combine and filter pulls.
Make tasa (tartaric acid saturated acetone, tartaric acid is fairly soluble in dry acetone, and with something as potent as lsa it would require trivial amounts of tasa)
Add tasa to acetone with freebase laa's in it, hopefully theres clouding and precipitation of full spectrum laa tartarate crystals.

Any thoughts?

Hello,

Could someone be kind enough to direct me to a guide explaining how to extract LSA using distilled water?

Thanks

Grind seeds with a coffee grinder. Place in water that has ice chips mixed into it. Allow to sit in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Removed from refrigerator and shake vigorously for a few seconds. Strain (i.e. pour into several metal strainers that are stacked on top of each other over a bowl.)

The idea is to prevent as much oil as possible from winding up in the end product. I haven't been able to find a professional source that says the oil is bad, but I have found one for a different kind of seed oil and I'm confident the same thing applies to MG seeds. Anything more thorough than the instructions I give will result in oil making it into the end product.

"Seed oil is emollient, emetic and laxative"
Madhuca Indica

Non-professional sources:

The substances that cause a lot of the sickness in morning glory seeds are essential oils that are irritants.
http://www.erowid.org/plants/morning_glory/morning_glory_info2.shtml

Thats very clever method of extraction. I've always suspected that the "toxins" in Ipomoea seeds were really just soapy fats.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6286488#6286488

The sickness from seeds that were consumed came from the the essential oils contained within the seeds.
http://www.iamshaman.com/hbwr/hbwrmyths.htm

And check this out: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17209804

Last edited:
I appreciate the replies, guys. Thank you. One thing, though. I read the rough mini-guide on how to extract LSA with only water by "morninggloryseeds" on the first page of this thread. Is the alcohol just a better alternative than water, and is the same procedure carried out just, instead of the water, the alcohol is used? I have access to Bacardi 151 is that good enough? Also, what I'm trying to avoid here is using petroleum ether or lighter fluid (naptha), since the former isn't easily acquired, and the latter is potentially hazardous. Is it possible to have a successful extraction without them?

I apologize for all the questions, but the more I learn the more I'll be able to contribute in the future. Again, thanks for the replies, and thanks in advance for the future ones.

According to many a CWE is the best option. I've been looking at this

http://www.disregardeverythingisay.com/post/17272859336/simple-nausea-free-lsa-extraction-technique

with quite a bit of interest. It almost seems to easy, but this guy seems like he knows what hes talking about so idk.

Thanks for the link, man! I took a look at it and I'll try it as soon as my morning glory seeds arrive. On that note, Hawaiian babyrose seeds are used in the guide. Is using morning glory seeds an issue, or can I use them without any adverse or lessened effects?

They have more lsa than mg seeds so you have to use way less of them. I've heard conflicting reports as to which causes more bad side effects, but from what I can tell it has more to do with the type of extraction than anything

According to the following chemical analysis, HBWR has several alkaloids not found in ipomoea tricolor and rivea corymbosa.

lysergene, setoclavine, isosetoclavine, chanoclavine-II, racemic chanoclavine-II, isolysergol, and molliclavine were identified for the first time in species of the Convolvulaceae.

CHAO JM., DER MAERDEROSIAN AH. Ergoline alkaloidal constituents of Hawaiian Baby Wood Rose, Argyreia nervosa (Burm.f.) Bojer. J Pharm Sci. 1973; 62: 588-591.

You can download a copy of this paper at the following website: http://www.lsd25.20m.com/ (Edit -> Find -> ergoline)

Just posted this on the B&D lsa thread, but here it is again here...

Can one do a simple CWE as described above, and then dissolve excess water at low temp to yield something of a full spectrum tar or crystalline compound? I know I hear that oxidation is serious issue with pure LSAs, but i'm curious if this is doable with maybe a limited shelf life...?

I eat whole plants generally, but have a few friends who are interested in a less nauseous route. And while liquids cwe is easily an option, I am curious about reduction without defatting if anyone has experience.