• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Love at first sight

L O V E L I F E said:
To those who believe in "love at first sight," what is your definition of "love?"

Love has no words to describe it. Love has no reason. When it happens to you, you will know it

TranceAggie said:
More like lust at first sight.

This is all I've ever experienced since at the ripe old age of 24 years minus 3 weeks I've never truly been in love. Very strong feelings, yes, but I haven't reached that pinnacle of feeling... yet. 8o :\

However, I do very much believe that love at first sight exists. PawpNLawk- enjoy the feeling. You're experiencing a vibrancy of feeling that few of us ever get to have as part of our lives... and the best is that you have someone to share it with who feels the same about you. :)

It's nice to know that such feelings still exist. It's easy to get jaded.

I get the feeling a few of you know each other too ;) Welcome!

bettyboop said:
Love has no words to describe it. Love has no reason. When it happens to you, you will know it

thank you ... i couldnt have said it better myself ... in fact i couldnt think of how to decribe it.

mariposa420 said:
PawpNLawk- enjoy the feeling. You're experiencing a vibrancy of feeling that few of us ever get to have as part of our lives... and the best is that you have someone to share it with who feels the same about you. :)

I get the feeling a few of you know each other too ;) Welcome!

Hey ... I get to enjoy too... he is in love with me after all ;)

And yes, we do know each other...

"Love has no words to describe it. Love has no reason. When it happens to you, you will know it"

That's very poetic.

But if you can "know it" . . .

. . . without knowing his personality or sense of humor . . .

. . . without knowing whether or not he's generous, thoughtful or kind . . .

. . . without having any idea as to whether or not he'll stick around when times get tough . . .

. . . that ain't my definition of love.

I am not trying to be poetic and I respect your opinion.

I don't have a 'defination' on love

I have a feeling!

Besides, who cares if it's your definition of love? Jess and Xander say they love each other and if they say that, I believe them. If they both believe it and are happy together, who are any of us to judge or say otherwise??

-Z

ahhhh yes, love at first sight.... i believe in it.... it happened to me.... but i will never know if she felt the same though i'm sure she felt something.... have u ever just looked at a person and knew they would be perfect with u? a union of kindred souls?

sure, u can shake your heads and roll your eyes, but u have never felt it.... maybe u are not capable who knows?..

i'm a little jaded right now.... though something happened about an hour ago and i'm not sure what will come of it.... something to bring light upon the dying lawn upon my heart i hope...

ahhhh my muse! i have been searching for u....

love is fear, affection, vulnerability, protection, distraction, actions, hurt, perfection, flaws, awe, reactions, chemicals, physical, hormones, misery and joy... all rolled into one huge, delicious egg roll for the brave to consume....

have fun kids

"Love is a many splendid thing! .. Love .. lifts us up where we belong! ... All you need is love .."

I dont really believe in love at first sight. I think if we are feeling something toward someone we just saw, or just met, its a feeling brought on by physical characteristics. We can see someone who we think is maybe good looking, and create some kind of brief fantasy about how wonderful we would be if we were in a relationsjip with them, but really we have nothing more to go on that what we see, and thats the superficial part. The one person, so far, in my 21 years of living, that gave me those feelings described by PawpNLawk, was not someone I really noticed when I first met him. We were introduced, he talked to me, while I sat and tried to recognice his face from everyone in 'the scene' that I knew (or knew of .. which was lots), and I didn't know him. So I didn't bother there and then to keep talking. As soon as I left, he was out of mind. But funnily enough, over a year later, he is the only person who gave my emotions an 'emotional breakdown'.

To all of you out there wondering if those crazy feelings your getting about a person is actually love, I suggest maybe doing some internet searches on the term 'Limerence'. A professor of psychology at the University of Bridgeport named Dorothy Tennov coined this term to describe a particular state of mind decades ago. Subsequently the word has been used in several other books, but hasn't made it into the dictionaries (apparently).

Wow, it just happened to me. I am chillen at the UB library doing a paper on a concert I went to and then this amazing girl walks by. Dark hair, dark eyes, amazing figure, sexy walk. I think I will be watching her the whole time she is in the library.

FUCK! I wish my cpu was next to hers.

wallytuggs said:
Wow, it just happened to me. I am chillen at the UB library doing a paper on a concert I went to and then this amazing girl walks by. Dark hair, dark eyes, amazing figure, sexy walk. I think I will be watching her the whole time she is in the library.

FUCK! I wish my cpu was next to hers.

Theres a difference there. Yours would be considered lust at first sight. lol. I knew about my girl in advance, heard some great stuff about her, and just happen to see her one day. I saw she was gorgeous and knew what kind of person she was. Thats love at first sight. If some of u dont believe in that kind of love than thats ur opinion. But you should keep the option open just in case the one special one walks by in ur life. You dont wanna lose the chance of a future cause u werent open-minded enuf and hardheaded

The names Xander

PawpNLawk said:
OK, heres the thing. I met this girl about 2 weeks ago and in my case I think it was love at first sight. I have never had this happen to me, 22 yrs, and its a little odd to me. After a lot of talkin we found out that we both feel the same way. I wanna do my best to make her happy.

Has anyone ever had this happen to them? I'm talkin tongue to the floor... heart in ur stomach, type feeling. No matter what, I'm not gonna change my mind. I'm just curious how many ppl have been in the same situation.

The names Xander

I know how you feel. But i dont know if its called love, be we desperatley want to see each other all the time, but she lives 8 hours away. Its not lust because i dont see her often, but i loooooove talking on the phone with her. i cant get enough of her.

L O V E L I F E said:
...that ain't my definition of love.

exactly - it's not your definition.

with respect, they probably couldn't care less about your definition of love. all that matters to them is their definition of love.

alasdair

for me it was just a little feeling

and then after a few months of gettin to know him, and finally getting together, it was like "where have you been all my life?"

those ppl who dont believe it when you tell them you just know, have never experienced it themselves.

alasdairm said:
exactly - it's not your definition.

with respect, they probably couldn't care less about your definition of love. all that matters to them is their definition of love.

alasdair

TY alasdairm, Someone comes on here tellin people how happy he is and u get ppl like that. People that have never experience in their life and regret it, so they try and make the ones that have think they are wrong in their beliefs. I know I am in love. And no one can change the way I feel. Thank you to the ones that support me. :)

The names Xander

But what im wondering if im actually in love or infatuated by her. I mean i dont see her often cause she lives 8 hours away, but i want to see her more, and i talk to her all the time.

Now that I really think about, I think I am in love. Tears come out of my eyes thinking about her. She is soo wonderful, I want to be with her all the time but I cant, she lives so far away. *getting teary* Yeah, i've never felt this way about anyone. Anyone else have the same feelings?

TranceAggie said:
More like lust at first sight.

yup ive always beleved that. love comes with trust over time

but lust and affection at first sight is still nice :D