• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Loperamide

Lope is great for ceasing the shits just as it’s a miracle cure for easing Withdrawals, but I wouldn’t wanna try abusing it, especially when it’s known to have some structural similarities to Haloperidol - and that stuff is the chemical reincarnation of the devil, nasty stuff!

Just to reiterate what has been said in many places, loperamide in high doses is very dangerous. It can kill you due to long QT syndrome and damages the heart with chronic use. hundreds and hundreds of mgs will eventually lead to life-threatening complications in many people. We have a huge loperamide thread in Trip Reports and through the years various people have posted about how themselves or a loved one almost died or did die from loperamide abuse. Unlike other opiates, it actually causes damage even if you don't overdose. It's really very unwise to try using it recreationally. However for short-term use, it can be a godsend for stepping down off other opiates. You can take a high dose of loperamide about every 36 hours, maybe 3 or 4 times total, and then you'll have largely bypassed the withdrawals of the other opiates, but if you continue taking loperamide, you're just going to be addicted to something that causes more damage.

Shadow is correct, long-term, high-dose use will cause cardiotoxicity. For me it took years to develop but it is very real and I am still paying hundreds of dollars per year on doctors visits on top of 500/ month for health insurance and I have a hideous medical device implanted.

It’s a matter of when, not if you will develop heart problems.

There is a weird dose-response curve with lope. You need to overwhelm your pgp before getting effects. So 120 mg may do close to nothing while 140 mg is full-effects.

Shadow is correct, long-term, high-dose use will cause cardiotoxicity. For me it took years to develop but it is very real and I am still paying hundreds of dollars per year on doctors visits on top of 500/ month for health insurance and I have a hideous medical device implanted.

It’s a matter of when, not if you will develop heart problems.

There is a weird dose-response curve with lope. You need to overwhelm your pgp before getting effects. So 120 mg may do close to nothing while 140 mg is full-effects.

I’m sorry to hear about your chronic condition from taking the lopes ?

How many times could one take it and be “safe” I’ve done it once in my life if I did it again say at 150mg is that enough to possible cause a horrible long term issue like yours ?

I’m sorry to hear about your chronic condition from taking the lopes ?

How many times could one take it and be “safe” I’ve done it once in my life if I did it again say at 150mg is that enough to possible cause a horrible long term issue like yours ?

I wouldn't take 150mg within 24 hours. 100mg maximum but I aint no doctor.

i wouldn't take more than the max daily dose tbh.. Call me crazy but I like my heart healthy and functioning ;)

I highly doubt using high doses of Loperamide over a short period of time would cause permanent damage to ur heart, even over relatively long periods. If a prolonged QT interval does occur due to chronic use then stopping the Loperamide reverses it and everything returns to normal. I read about it somewhere on a health website. You'd have to do a Google search.

I highly doubt using high doses of Loperamide over a short period of time would cause permanent damage to ur heart, even over relatively long periods. If a prolonged QT interval does occur due to chronic use then stopping the Loperamide reverses it and everything returns to normal. I read about it somewhere on a health website. You'd have to do a Google search.

I estimate I took 584,000 mg (400 mg average dose per day for 4 years) before running into cardiac issues.

Medical literature suggests it can happen quicker and with lower doses.

One-time doses are not known to cause arrhythmias (but they very well could if you are predisposed to The condition).

I’m trying to say that despite being especially resilient to the cardio toxicity, it still caught up with me.

Evo is correct, there is no structural damage to the heart. Within three days of stopping lope in the hospital the arrhythmias ceased, within five days there were no more pvcs, and by 7 days in qtc had returned to baseline. The withdrawals continue far longer than that, however.

Unfortunately it is too variable to tell you that if you take x dose you will be safe but once you take y dose you are putting yourself in danger.

I’d wager that so long as you do not get yourself addicted to lope, you will not suffer the same fate as me.

I estimate I took 584,000 mg (400 mg average dose per day for 4 years) before running into cardiac issues.

Medical literature suggests it can happen quicker and with lower doses.

One-time doses are not known to cause arrhythmias (but they very well could if you are predisposed to The condition).

I’m trying to say that despite being especially resilient to the cardio toxicity, it still caught up with me.

Evo is correct, there is no structural damage to the heart. Within three days of stopping lope in the hospital the arrhythmias ceased, within five days there were no more pvcs, and by 7 days in qtc had returned to baseline. The withdrawals continue far longer than that, however.

Unfortunately it is too variable to tell you that if you take x dose you will be safe but once you take y dose you are putting yourself in danger.

I’d wager that so long as you do not get yourself addicted to lope, you will not suffer the same fate as me.

I’m truly sorry for your troubles bro

Was the buzz that good ? I heard it’s just like codine i.e pleasant but not up there with vikings , oxies and h etc

How effective is this kratom stuff? Does it give you a decent buzz or what?

Kratom is what got me into opiates. I used to absolutely love it, probably still would if I still did opiates. if you have a strong tolerance to strong opiates, it will probably feel quite weak but it's given me some of my best opiate highs. It's more energetic than most opioids.

I prefer chewing up a bottle of poppy seeds to loperamide. They taste great, but I hardly feel an opioid buzz from either. For all I know, poppy seeds are a placebo. If I wanted the real opiate high, I would have learned to make poppy pod tea. But that's not an addiction I'm after. And shooting "heroin" nowadays is a bigger crapshoot than ever.

Last edited:
A bottle of poppy seeds such as McCormick is washed poppy seeds, they've had the opium washed off. You have to find unwashed seeds and you need quite a lot more than is in a bottle. I used to do 1-2 pounds before I had tolerance (but some batches are much stronger than others so you have to start low). Also you want to wash them and drink the water, not eat them. Having tried all the major opioids and having been addicted to many of them, I ended up with poppy seed tea as my favorite opiate for years. It's oral opium, but only if you get unwashed seeds.

A bottle of poppy seeds such as McCormick is washed poppy seeds, they've had the opium washed off. You have to find unwashed seeds and you need quite a lot more than is in a bottle. I used to do 1-2 pounds before I had tolerance (but some batches are much stronger than others so you have to start low). Also you want to wash them and drink the water, not eat them. Having tried all the major opioids and having been addicted to many of them, I ended up with poppy seed tea as my favorite opiate for years. It's oral opium, but only if you get unwashed seeds.
Do you use the same water for each wash because you can only wash about 100 grams at a time any more and it just weighus to much and sucks in all the goodness i got 700 grams but if you use new water for each wash than thats a lot of bloody water

No, new water each time. I mean I would only do 2 washes though, after that it's pointless.

Oh wait I see what you mean. You could use the same water but you'd probably end up leaving less behind on the spent seeds if you used new water each time. Really, though, you should just find a larger water bottle. I used to do about 800 grams at a time in a single 64 ounce bottle. Or maybe it was 128 ounce. it's the largest size of Gatorade bottles from the grocery store.

Is it possible to feel 'effects' of something and then have it quickly pumped back out by PGP? Resulting in a rapid return to sobriety?

I have experimented with lope for a few years now, with all the needed other medications and chemicals. I find that this drug can eliminate withdrawals and when used in lower doses has a very weak "opioid" body high and possibly potentiate other drugs/opioids.

There was one time where I had done some and felt the come up of a VERY beautiful opioid high coming on. It was so enjoyable I actually laid down and began to nod in a blissful euphoria. But within 20 minutes, I suddenly felt it all leaving me and right back to baseline I was. I've always wondered if on that day, it had finally gone through the blood brain barrier and then was pumped back out not long after.

Have felt weird heart sensations with lope + cannabis, so please be careful anyone out there who reads this.

Never got any relief or high from lope or Kratom...anyone got a good extract for Kratom ? I did a hot water extract, let that evaporate into a goo, then did a etoh extract which gave me a yellow is orange powder, still didnt do a whole lot tho, been thinking about trying an a/B but not sure if that will even give me anything usefull

Kratom extracts, I have found, are much less effective than taking the raw powder, per amount of kratom.

As for lope, it produces a heavy opiate body feeling akin to a heavy dose of morphine, or more accurately, the come-on on poppy tea. But there is no euphoria. I would never use it as a recreational drug, but it does help a whole lot to mask acute withdrawals. But as I mentioned (when I was Shadowmeister) earlier in this thread, it's dangerous in high doses due to long QT syndrome, it can kill you, not from overdose, but from heart damage. I find that a good 30mg or so will help a lot with withdrawals, without being too dangerous. The nice thing is that the relief from withdrawal lasts close to 36 hours. It also takes a few hours to begin.

The last couple of times I took it for opiate withdrawal (early this year), it dried up my insides SO bad, not only was I massively constipated for days, but it made my esophagus feel bone dry and I was getting pain when swallowing. It was so bad I actually just toughed out the rest of acute withdrawal after taking it once. It didn't used to do that so I dunno what happened except maybe just that I'm getting older.

Any chemist in here know if lope can be manipulated to cross bbb easier ? Would t that be something if it could...