• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Imodium) Megathread v. 2

I would like to add on here that I am thoroughly convinced Loperamide does have a blocking affinity when it comes to true opiates, like heroin. The days I would dose large amounts of Loperamide (40+mg) to stave off the sickness but later on if I picked up and start using some H, I'd have to do pretty much a whole half gram to get my nod on. But today I did not dose my loperamide because I knew I was picking up pretty early on and after about .2 I start nodding hard. So I just wanted to put that out there for everyone.

TL;DR - High doses of Loperamide make it harder for me to get high on Heroin if ingested on the same day in that order.

so first of all lope is a MU opiate that doesnt cross BBB

it has a high affinity so doing other opiates close together with it ur tolerance is already sky high because of the lope... its not blocking anything..

and to myloveishim yes it will put you into withdraws

dont get it twisted people lope is a MU opiate chemically similar to fent and its some serious shit and nothing to mess with unless in a very desperate situation..

we have already had a few BLers good friends of mine die off of this stuff be careful folks

Just want to chime in for a sec about safety and lopermide.

I take lopermide everyday to for opiate addiction. It got me off suboxone and for the most part I prefer it over bupe, but I digress. For anyone who uses loper on a daily basis and familiar with its effects and or occasional users, I can not stress enough that just because you might not feel the effects profoundly, if you decide to take more of another opiate ontop of lopermide be super careful because you can OD and die.

Lopermide has shot my tolerance up BIGTIME. I'm very safe in taking my dose of heroin, when and if I use anymore. It's mostly once a month now. I always get a 50 and get 3 shots from one. I have never liked getting smashed where I'm passed out nodding, I've always enjoyed a lower dose for its energy and motivational effects.

I had about a week ago I got my monthly 50. I split bag into three. Did my first shot, and I felt it. I get from same guy all the time always the same strength. The lopermide def blunts the rush and lingering effects, so about hour half later I did the 2nd shot. I cleaned up and went to my room.

Next thing I remember is I'm waking up on the floor in the most awkward position a human could ever be in alive. I basically blacked out and just collapsed. My knee was behind my head, other leg was bent backwards other direction, scariest of all my arm was bent backwards and underneath my body with all that dead weight on it for 47 minutes. My arm was blue, had zero feeling in it. I couldn't move my arm at all period. I thought I had lost my arm. It took about 30 minutes of moving around to get my leg and arm functions back.

Scariest of all is one sec I was fine. No slurred speech, not walking all over(could had walked a straight line), other than feeling a tad exhausted I was A ok. Then about 4 minutes after 2nd shot I just blackout almost instantly with zero recollection of how it came on. I just remember waking up. If I stayed in that most painful awkward position for a hour, knowing my brain was getting flooded with pain signals from all over my body and it was useless is scary as fuck cause if I had took a tad more and my breathing would had stopped death. I could have had narcan but it would had been useless as this fade out just happened without me even knowing it was coming. Scary shit.

So just keep in mind for people utilizing lopermide it's no joke, you can OD on it just the same as heroin, espically if you mix.

It has raised my tolerance, stopped WD, blunts the effects of opiates when I do use...when taken, lopermide, I'm high doses be very very very cautious please, this can kill you!!

Just want to chime in for a sec about safety and lopermide.

I take lopermide everyday to for opiate addiction. It got me off suboxone and for the most part I prefer it over bupe, but I digress. For anyone who uses loper on a daily basis and familiar with its effects and or occasional users, I can not stress enough that just because you might not feel the effects profoundly, if you decide to take more of another opiate ontop of lopermide be super careful because you can OD and die.

Lopermide has shot my tolerance up BIGTIME. I'm very safe in taking my dose of heroin, when and if I use anymore. It's mostly once a month now. I always get a 50 and get 3 shots from one. I have never liked getting smashed where I'm passed out nodding, I've always enjoyed a lower dose for its energy and motivational effects.

I had about a week ago I got my monthly 50. I split bag into three. Did my first shot, and I felt it. I get from same guy all the time always the same strength. The lopermide def blunts the rush and lingering effects, so about hour half later I did the 2nd shot. I cleaned up and went to my room.

Next thing I remember is I'm waking up on the floor in the most awkward position a human could ever be in alive. I basically blacked out and just collapsed. My knee was behind my head, other leg was bent backwards other direction, scariest of all my arm was bent backwards and underneath my body with all that dead weight on it for 47 minutes. My arm was blue, had zero feeling in it. I couldn't move my arm at all period. I thought I had lost my arm. It took about 30 minutes of moving around to get my leg and arm functions back.

Scariest of all is one sec I was fine. No slurred speech, not walking all over(could had walked a straight line), other than feeling a tad exhausted I was A ok. Then about 4 minutes after 2nd shot I just blackout almost instantly with zero recollection of how it came on. I just remember waking up. If I stayed in that most painful awkward position for a hour, knowing my brain was getting flooded with pain signals from all over my body and it was useless is scary as fuck cause if I had took a tad more and my breathing would had stopped death. I could have had narcan but it would had been useless as this fade out just happened without me even knowing it was coming. Scary shit.

So just keep in mind for people utilizing lopermide it's no joke, you can OD on it just the same as heroin, espically if you mix.

It has raised my tolerance, stopped WD, blunts the effects of opiates when I do use...when taken, lopermide, I'm high doses be very very very cautious please, this can kill you!!

Thanks for you 2 cents, its nice to finally hear someone else's experience with lope (a more recent one) that'd make sense why I end up smoking a whole half gram of heroin when I take my lope that day. I get it now, well I just took 25 (50mg) to try to start tapering..

Last edited:
So I'm on Day 3 of kratom w/d after using an ounce a day for over a year. I know ppl say kratom w/d is easy but this is no joke. I hadn't slept for 2 days so I took some doxylamine succinate to help sleep and that aggravated my RLS really bad. I was drowsy but unable to even lay down without thrashing about. I took 50mgs of loperamide and an hour later I fell asleep peacefully.

My question is am I just prolonging the w/d by taking lope? I'm only gonna take it again if I can't sleep or get RLS bad. But I don't want to risk putting my w/d on hold only for them to come back once the lope clears out of my system.

Yes, once the lope leaves your system you will once again feel w/d. You're best bet is to taper the lope daily so you can elevate w/d almost completely. Just decrease the lope by 2mg (1 pill) daily.

Anyone else had access to esters of Lope?
I have only used the 4-oxo-acetyl-Loperamide and whoaaaaa! I'm 99% clean now (300mg codeine, 24mg of lope - once every 2/3 weeks, chipping but still mild WD every time :/ ), and have turned down various opiates for a good while, yet another go on 4-OAL would be impossible to say no to.
Hmmmmm! <3

Ok so it's been 30 hours since I dosed 50mg of lope and I still feel relatively well compared to before I dosed. I'm gonna ride it out and pray the w/d don't come back as hard. The half life is around 11hrs so it should be out of my system pretty soon.

Ok so it's been 30 hours since I dosed 50mg of lope and I still feel relatively well compared to before I dosed. I'm gonna ride it out and pray the w/d don't come back as hard. The half life is around 11hrs so it should be out of my system pretty soon.
Im thinking about trying the Lope again, for my methadone w/ds, Ive tried them in the past, but I dont think I took enough to help, you said you took 50 mg, so that is 25 pills..did you take that at once or was this over a period of time?

The time I tried it in the past, I think I took about 8-10 pills and then kept taking like 3-4 more every half hour or so...didnt do much for me.

Thanks.

OK, here is yet another anecdote about lope.8( For ME, and I am speaking STRICTLY for myself, I only use the stuff to WD. I take the same amount of mg of lope as I would usually dose on Hydro or oxycodone; as in I usually take 20-30 mg at a time of Hydro, so I take 20-30mg of lope. Because lope has a longer half life. I only dose this way 2-3 times per day, and only until I get my regular script back. I augment my lope with GABApentin and energy drinks and/or psuedofed. It has always worked for me; I get relief, and after a day or so of dosing, feel decent. I wonder about the BBB thing though, because after about 18-24 hours if dosing, I get pupil constriction, which I thought indicated some CNS activity.:? Anyway, that's my story, I consider it an okie-rigged OTC/non scheduled psych drug remedy against WD.=D I have no recommendations either way about it, I think it's a personal thing for each person. Like anything else, proceed cautiously, and carefully find what works for you, or, avoid it completely if it makes you uncomfortable. As an append, I notice when I do this, I have no problem with constipation when I get my regular meds (Hydro 10/325, Perco 10/325, and tramadol 50mg) TY to all in this discussion. %)

Anyone else had access to esters of Lope?
I have only used the 4-oxo-acetyl-Loperamide and whoaaaaa! I'm 99% clean now (300mg codeine, 24mg of lope - once every 2/3 weeks, chipping but still mild WD every time :/ ), and have turned down various opiates for a good while, yet another go on 4-OAL would be impossible to say no to.
Hmmmmm! <3

Whaaaa? No, I've never even heard of this! What did you get a custom synthesis from some loperamide analog in China? Why is this better than straight up loperamide?

So I'm on Day 3 of kratom w/d after using an ounce a day for over a year. I know ppl say kratom w/d is easy but this is no joke. I hadn't slept for 2 days so I took some doxylamine succinate to help sleep and that aggravated my RLS really bad. I was drowsy but unable to even lay down without thrashing about. I took 50mgs of loperamide and an hour later I fell asleep peacefully.

My question is am I just prolonging the w/d by taking lope? I'm only gonna take it again if I can't sleep or get RLS bad. But I don't want to risk putting my w/d on hold only for them to come back once the lope clears out of my system.

I'd be careful using loperamide at any dosage over just a few (6 mg or so) as it's a powerful drug. Kratom withdrawals can be bad if you used a lot of it but it's still not that strong of stuff. I got my lope tapered to 15mg/day and I doubt I'd feel much, though I don't think it would be possible for me to ingest 1oz of kratom a day! Maybe that's just a lot more than I realize?

It definitely is no joke, people have died - one bluelight member and another kid mentioned in this thread by his mother looking for a quick high since he read about it on reddit. Extremely sad, this is not a recreational drug! (I'm not saying this to you, just a warning I echo - it will be worth it if it gets through to one person).

Are you sure you didn't get a stronger bag? Loperamide seems to increase tolerance, maybe you thought it was higher than it was? Just a guess, I'm sure it's completely possible it added CNS depression and it alone caused your nasty little scenario. At least you woke up fast enough for rhabdomyolysis not to occur which would have shut down your kidneys! If you didn't damage your muscles severely and your limbs are just numb it shouldn't be more than a few months for feeling to return to them completely. This happened with my thumb and cutting off blood to it because I usually sleep with a hand under my pillow, feeling returned 100% in about a month from being pretty damn numb (hot water which would make my other hand flinch I couldn't really feel).

Im thinking about trying the Lope again, for my methadone w/ds, Ive tried them in the past, but I dont think I took enough to help, you said you took 50 mg, so that is 25 pills..did you take that at once or was this over a period of time?

The time I tried it in the past, I think I took about 8-10 pills and then kept taking like 3-4 more every half hour or so...didnt do much for me.

Thanks.

I'd be cautious with taking dosage info from someone withdrawing from kratom Vs. a serious methadone habit. It completely depends on the dosage of methadone your jumping off at, someone asked a few pages back about a dosage for 120 mg of methadone and I basically told him it would probably be safer to taper methadone before starting loperamide. You didn't mention your methadone dosage though.

I don't mean to double post put this is separate.

For a while I wasn't sure whether I was kidding myself that loperamide could be reasonably tapered/reduce tolerance/remove terrible acute withdrawals.

After about a month or two of no opioid use besides loperamide, reducing my dosage from 40-50 pills down to 12-15 and my tolerance being cut by a tenth I'll happily acknowledge that I wasn't! It seemed for a bit that I was stuck at 60mg one day, 20-30mg the next, but by the third day my eyes would be watering and I'd be reaching for 10 more milligrams.

It seems what helped (although I wouldn't recommend it) was a stimulant binge where I often forgot to take loperamide and then would catch up with much smaller amounts. Maybe the stimulant (ethylphenidate) helped remove some of the malaise and depression, but I must say that after it wore of I felt 10,000x worse for three days. However it does seem to be a catalyst that helped get me down to that low of dosage. I never experienced any of the acute symptoms which I particularly dread (temperature irregularities, pain that exudes from inside your bones) but did experience anxiety though surprisingly the opposite of insomnia. I was waking up at 5am and feeling exhausted by 3-4pm and falling asleep and waking up early again, this continued past what should have been plenty of time to recover from stimulant drain but then got better over a week or two. I only took 30mg of loperamide yesterday morning and felt fine all today with nothing (up until I took an actual opioid) not even bothering to make a beeline for it, but instead waiting patiently until I felt like going. When I took an opioid I required less than 1/10th of what I was taking before. I only bought a bit so I suppose I'll be chipping at a lower dose for a little while and then will do 30 pills->25 pills-20 pills-> until I'm back to 15 (reducing 10mg a day).

This has made me feel in control and empowered over my opioid use really for the first time ever. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, I can see a future free of opioids! If at a time I was taking 144 mg and I can make it to 30 mg I can sure as hell make it to 0mg eventually! I am curious as to whether at a certain dosage all w/d preventing effects fade and I will have to face true acute withdrawal, but I'm hopeful as the worst physical symptoms I've faced is a runny nose. If I really needed to function with 0 symptoms I'd throw on an extra 6-8 mg.

Now all I have to ensure is I never let my tolerance get that high again, which I'm pretty optimistic about. I can safely say losing access to pharmecutical opioids is the best thing that happened to my drug use (a nightmare for most opioid addicts); I would never have had the willpower to say no more oxycodone.

I just figured I'd post this as people asked about my progress before. Keeping an excel spreadsheet divided by day with a column for time/# of pills/# of mg (I have functions set to automatically double the pills->milligrams and then sum the total milligrams for the several smaller doses for the whole day. This is a must if you are serious about keeping track of dosing, and making progress decreasing the dosage. Feel free to ask any questions!

It ends up looking like this:

lopexls.jpg

To lolwhatzdrugs: I have a question which you might have some experience with. It's been about 2 weeks w/ no kratom and I have major insomnia and rls that keeps me up all night. I thought the rls was gonna go away after acute w/d but it's still here. After being awake for 30 hours I caved and took 50mgs of lope which cured the rls and I was able to fall asleep quickly.

I have a feeling if I don't take any more lope, those symptoms are gonna show up again in a day or so. What do I do? Taper the lope? Everything else is fine except for mad insomnia and rls. I'm going to my dr in early november once my insurance kicks in to get some ambien or kpin to get through this rough patch.

Two weeks+ and you're still experiencing withdrawal symptoms? I thought that was unusual for kratom? Even the worst acute withdrawal symptoms with shorter acting opioids like oxycodone don't last quite that long (though the P.A.W.S. would easily). I'd be careful taking dosages that high and also since you already made it two weeks I wouldn't take it for very long. Personally I'd try 20-25mg and see if that eased the RLS/ leg pain - when that goes everything else should be gone. I generally find that there is not half step either (no partial relief), either you've hit the right quantity or you haven't (this is my opinion). What you need to do is make sure that quantity is as low as possible or you could be making the withdrawal better but your tolerance higher. I believe I indeed did this before, at a point my tolerance to oxycodone shot from 100-130mg to close to 200mg from taking 144mg of loperamide (a bottle of generic brand). Half that would have probably been reasonable for that dosage of oxycodone (that's a little less than double what you took) and I find it hard to imagine that kratom could get you to that point alone though I'm not completely up to speed on how strong kratom can be in huge dosages and you did mention taking a lot! I could be wrong and you could have a higher tolerance than I'd imagine (tolerance doesn't necessarily directly linked to feeling fucking terrible, though it can be worse low dosages for long times can be miserable).

I believe the problem is you took 30mg and in an hour you took 20 more and then you felt relief. Loperamide generally takes 3-4 hours to reach it's full potential (don't know if this corresponds to peak plasma) and fades fairly slowly after 16-20 or so IMO (I believe the half-life is actually 17). You should have taken 15 mg and waited 4 hours and added maybe 4-6mg ever two or three hours until your symptoms were I either reduced to a bearable level or disappear. You may take a large dose and notice perfect relief and think you're cool but be far overshooting your dosage.

Again I'm just making guesses, the only way to minimize duration on loperamide and dependency on it is to make sure you're taking as little as possible and stick to a rigid schedule.

As I noted I didn't feel any leg pain or terrible insomnia tapering it from 40->15 pills. As I mentioned I didn't really have a taper schedule as I binged on stimulants for a little while and probably reduced it more than I could have by itself (felt awful afterwards for a bit). What I mainly experienced was fatigue and mild depression - mild to moderate anxiety but no fucked physical symptoms. That help? lemme know if you need clarification on anything.

Yeah I'm suprised too! It's worth mentioning that I was also tapering lexapro during this time. I read that a big symptom of lexapro w/d is akathisia (rls) and insomnia. So I started to take a little more lex to stop the rls but I think it takes a few days to work. I usually used about 20gs of kratom a day so I might have exaggerated my doses a bit, although there were days when I took an oz, which is stupid..

You're probably right about not letting the lope have enough time to kick in, I just get really impatient waiting to get rid of those feelings and finally sleep. If it's not the lexapro then most likely it is PAWS as I've experienced that after suboxone w/d. I've only dosed loperamide 3 times within 1.5 weeks so I probably shouldn't need to taper right? Hopefully the rls was caused by the lexapro w/d which I can adjust my dosage to. Thanks for the insight!

Took 20 mgs 90 mins ago for my kratom witdrawl. Feel 70% better.

but the klonipin may have helped a bit too.

I was a lot like you but i slowly tapered down, hopping off my 2-3 2mg pill habbit a day now -- was around 40 of the pills i needed first

How you feeling professor?

Yeah, crestfallen, be really careful. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the lexapro causing all the negative symptoms and insomnia. Antidepressant discontinuation syndrome is pretty nasty from what I understand.

I got a free 10mg methadone earlier from dad, ill later steal no less than 20

save those for after my 200mg ER tramadol rx, repeat taper after having fun (etiz in der too)'

repeat monthly... was just snifffles earlier, and low enough i didnt get watery eyes with it (cant stand that)

Uhhh I thought you meant you had just tapered with loperamide and stopped taking even that.... nevermind.