• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Imodium) Megathread v. 2

Professor,, am I reading correctly that you're tapering off loperamide by fixing with methadone? Why not just use the lope/ kratom until you can hop off safely.
Methadone seems like overkill to me and potentially dangerous (not that you asked, lol)

I think he uses lope when he doesnt have the others. Usually goes thru his RX very fast. The rest of the month he tapers with lope. The 'done he took was after finishing the lope....

I think he uses lope when he doesnt have the others. Usually goes thru his RX very fast. The rest of the month he tapers with lope. The 'done he took was after finishing the lope....

Doing this left me with the highest tolerance I've ever experienced but I didn't taper too much at that time.

Doing this left me with the highest tolerance I've ever experienced but I didn't taper too much at that time.

Long time don´t see you around!
I agree, it´s a quite seriously issue tolerance-wise from my own experience.

From my research, take a look at the routine and if you can handle this:

Day 1: 12 mg taken in the morning, 12 mg again in the evening.
(Comfortable, able to work, function and not feel like anything else but your own success.)

Day 2: 12 mg taken in the morning, 12 mg in the evening.

Day 3: 10 mg taken morning, 10 mg taken at night.

Day 4: 6 mg morning, 4 mg night.

Day 5: 4 mg morning, 2 mg night.

For the next 4 days whatever suits you better as the worst part would have been taken care of IMO,
just to keep things from going nuts.

Good luck!

Hello to everyone. I'm new and just registered after reading this entire seven year old thread which led me to deciding that taking lope was a sensible solution to my current situation in dealing with my opiate adduction. I'm hoping that what I post may help someone in a similar situation.

I've been addicted to opiates ever since the first 5/500 Vic I ingested over 7 years ago. The only times I've not taken opiates was because a brief incarceration or because I just could get any which has been not that often. Over the years I've been through online and local doctor shopping and trips to mexico eventually buying pills like dilaudid, 100mg morphine, and finally H. I was forced to quit true opiates about 6 months ago because I moved to Alabama from Texas. That's where I tried kratom and began an oz a day addiction. I moved back to Texas a week ago and found out that kratom is illegal to posses in this city and all my old pill dealers have lost all their connects due to strickter DEA painkiller prescribing guidelines. Great!!! I'm forced to get my life back.

OK that's my background just to show how much importance opiates have had in my life. I ran into this thread while trying to find some solution to my suffering of not having anything in 3 days now other than some PST which cost me a lot of money and did absolutely nothing and decided to give Lope a try with very little faith.

Yesterday I ingested 2 teaspoons black pepper followed by 40mgs Lope an hour later. The results were way too strong and undesirable. I felt as if I had ingested 500mgs of Darvocet which I have done in the past on many occasions, a very dirty high feeling just about 2 hours after ingestion.

Today I decided to lower the dose to 24mgs filling the same 2 teaspoons black pepper. With much better results. It relieved me of my physical withdrawals and depression, depression being the reason I took to opiates so much in the first place. I plan on tapering 2-4 mgs daily until I reach zero. I hope this works. I will post back with my results. If I can finally get off opiates anyone can. I so much do not want to be a dope addict anymore. I've spent thousands upon thousands on drugs and have even done stupid things like saving my dilaudid cottons and getting deathly ill from shooting a wash a few days later and filling a whole syringe with that goo from a crushed 100mg morphine pill then emptying it into my vein. Like I said, if this works for me it can work for anyone.

I've never heard of a black pepper/ lope combo for opiate WD. So the black pepper is a potentiator?

Black pepper can inhibit P-glycoprotein and that CYAP or whatever enzyme so that the Lope has more time across the BBB

Hello to everyone. I'm new and just registered after reading this entire seven year old thread which led me to deciding that taking lope was a sensible solution to my current situation in dealing with my opiate adduction. I'm hoping that what I post may help someone in a similar situation.

I've been addicted to opiates ever since the first 5/500 Vic I ingested over 7 years ago. The only times I've not taken opiates was because a brief incarceration or because I just could get any which has been not that often. Over the years I've been through online and local doctor shopping and trips to mexico eventually buying pills like dilaudid, 100mg morphine, and finally H. I was forced to quit true opiates about 6 months ago because I moved to Alabama from Texas. That's where I tried kratom and began an oz a day addiction. I moved back to Texas a week ago and found out that kratom is illegal to posses in this city and all my old pill dealers have lost all their connects due to strickter DEA painkiller prescribing guidelines. Great!!! I'm forced to get my life back.

OK that's my background just to show how much importance opiates have had in my life. I ran into this thread while trying to find some solution to my suffering of not having anything in 3 days now other than some PST which cost me a lot of money and did absolutely nothing and decided to give Lope a try with very little faith.

Yesterday I ingested 2 teaspoons black pepper followed by 40mgs Lope an hour later. The results were way too strong and undesirable. I felt as if I had ingested 500mgs of Darvocet which I have done in the past on many occasions, a very dirty high feeling just about 2 hours after ingestion.

Today I decided to lower the dose to 24mgs filling the same 2 teaspoons black pepper. With much better results. It relieved me of my physical withdrawals and depression, depression being the reason I took to opiates so much in the first place. I plan on tapering 2-4 mgs daily until I reach zero. I hope this works. I will post back with my results. If I can finally get off opiates anyone can. I so much do not want to be a dope addict anymore. I've spent thousands upon thousands on drugs and have even done stupid things like saving my dilaudid cottons and getting deathly ill from shooting a wash a few days later and filling a whole syringe with that goo from a crushed 100mg morphine pill then emptying it into my vein. Like I said, if this works for me it can work for anyone.

You and me are kind of in the same boat, man. I have been doing heroin for 10 years now, my only times of cleanness (cause I still smoked pot and took mushrooms/LSD rarely) was when I was incarcerated or like I was physically restrained in some other manner similar to prison (rehab, inpatient, 24 hour supervision of parents) I started taking lope about 6 months ago to try and taper/quit the heroin cause it was destroying my life.. AGAIN! I almost had 3 years when I relapsed this time. But I use to be able to take 1 gram of cimetidine then 40 mg of Loperamide 1 hr later and I'd feel 85%, I tapered down to 11 pills from 20, going down one pill a day. It was working wonderfully for me, my life was getting back on track! So what did I do? Get high to celebrate ;-). I then would use for x amount of days, then use loperamide to "taper to get clean" but really I was just using it as maintenance. I ended up dosing my loperamide (40mg cause I knew it kept the withdrawals at bay) in the morning with all intentions to not use but then I'd cave or something would come up where it was incredibly accessible. So over time I was taking 40mg of Loperamide and Dosing heroin on top of it (this is where our stories differentiate...besides heroin for pills) Now I am in a horribly FUCKED place of having to take 40-60mg of Loperamide with .5 xanax and 20mg of citalopram on top of .5 grams of Heroin IV'd to get anywhere worth going. I feel disgusted with myself and I know my body has adjusted cause I have bowel movements regularly (sorry bout TMI but a lot of people think on Lope you won't go, but I'm regular every 2 days.) so that's going to be a bitch to try and kick. Like I can take 60mg of Lope on top of 1 gram of cimetidine and then shoot up .2 of some bomb black tar heroin and still take a shit... like damn if my body is use to functioning normally at those levels of medication, tapering/detoxing is not going to be a pleasant journey. But by all means I need to do this and that is why I am also going to hopefully taper with the loperamide. The main problem is I take the Loperamide with heroin, so I'm going to have to take more lope to compensate for the lack of H. So I'm thinking 80mgs (makes me sick to think about taking that many pills.. my poor liver :() then dropping 5 pills a day.. I know it'll be a rough taper and I'm not sure I'm going about it the safest way.. I need someone elses advice on how to do the taper of such a large dose of loperamide.. Is it better to go quick (dropping down 5 pills a day) or slow (1 pill a day)?? I mean the 1 pill a day seems so much more damaging and prolonging then if I drop 5 pills a day and just tough it out (maybe comatose myself with trazodone and mirtazapine) this predicament is driving me MAD!!!! And I'm dreadfully depressed because of how low I have sunken from when I relapsed.. I lost my girlfriend, my apartment, tens of thousands of dollars, a bright future career, friends, opportunities..just so much. I'm tired of it ruining my life but I'm too much of a pussy to face the withdrawals cold turkey and get thru it like a man (I detoxed from methadone cold turkey in county jail, shit sucked) I guess I'm just worried about the withdrawal from loperamide now, it's something I've never had to deal with so I'm very nervous and my anxiety levels are UP UP UP!... but if anyone can give me some advice about Loperamide withdrawals or how best to taper ? should i try a suboxone taper? please anyone??

Ksraly holy F you've really gotten yourself in a pickle.
I would not recommend taking such a high dose of lope; as you may know several Bluelighters have unfortunately passed away due to lope OD so although it seems harmless it isn't.
What happens if you take your H without lope? If you did that for a few weeks to hopefully knock your lope tolerance then you could start a lope taper with 20 pills which many have done with no problems.

80mg isn't that high for a tolerant user. But you should NOT take loperamide with heroin. It is not a potentiator - it doesn't get you higher and it just jacks your tolerance. Take 20 pills while in withdrawal, or just before (NOT WITH DOPE). If you feel like shit still take 20 more. Taper over a 2-3 weeks.

Ksraly holy F you've really gotten yourself in a pickle.
I would not recommend taking such a high dose of lope; as you may know several Bluelighters have unfortunately passed away due to lope OD so although it seems harmless it isn't.
What happens if you take your H without lope? If you did that for a few weeks to hopefully knock your lope tolerance then you could start a lope taper with 20 pills which many have done with no problems.

80mg isn't that high for a tolerant user. But you should NOT take loperamide with heroin. It is not a potentiator - it doesn't get you higher and it just jacks your tolerance. Take 20 pills while in withdrawal, or just before (NOT WITH DOPE). If you feel like shit still take 20 more. Taper over a 2-3 weeks.

Thanks guy, I know it - freaks me out, if i take the lope without my H I have to dose like 80mg to feel 85%: just bit sweaty, clammy and cold. I want to stop the H and taper with the Lope, I plan on doing 40-35-30-25-20 then from 20 go down a pill a day from there... Yesterday I dosed 80mg and felt fine. Today I took 70mg and plan on abstaining from the H, I have a couple valium to help too and some bomb, BOMB herb so... I hope to be okay. Thanks for the responses, I appreciate it, srsly. I have a high opiate tolerance so I mean the 40 imodium is intimidating while taking it (40 pills is a lot, my poor liver..) but that isn't a daily thing. I just hope I can stick it out this time, I plan on going to therapy soon cause I can't do this alone and I hate AA/NA I've had way too many bad experiences with the program and the hypocrisy that comes with it. Anywho... I'll keep info posted on here about my journey for other Bluelight lurkers who may be in a bind too. Wish me luck, peeps!

lolwhatzdrugs : with what your saying should I not take it with the cimetidine? Is it necessary? Cause I've never taken the lope without the cimetidine so IDK if it works, I guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing without the heroin lol

Yeah, forget the heroin, but still never take an opioid AND loperamide. That seems like a decent taper plan just don't go too long.

I never ever take cimetidine. It just increases plasma levels (it is a multiple enzyme inhibitor), it doesn't mess with P-Glycoprotein which you shouldn't mess with anyway. I never needed it so *shrug*

Scheduling Loperamide? Really?
That will do nothing to counter opiate use, only serve to do the opposite - Lope exists now as an alternative to typical opiates, the ones which lines cartel pockets, if an addict wants to take a day off from their DOC yet not be in WD, thereby still able to work and be productive. That or as a maintenance drug, with minimal recreational potential, allowing some to switch from the Heroin that funds guerrilla warfare across the world to paying into the economy, avoiding crime and seeking a legitimate lifestyle.

You take Lope away and I promise you that not a single person will think 'well, I can no longer use Lope when ill, I have no choice but to stop using opiates'. Instead, people will be pushed even further into the black market - the Oxy user who can't afford the prices is gonna switch to Heroin much more readily if the one other option, Loperamide, is taken away. More OD's, more crime (dope costs wayyy more than Lope), more sickness meaning more days taken off work, less workforce productivity... whether the government care about addicts or not, they sure as Hell care about money!
Scheduling Lope will have no positive impact, only cause more suffering and lower the productivity of the very workforce that allows the government to exist.

I think the only way it could make sense to them is that Lope can be used as a starting material in the synthesis of more effective opioids, but it almost never is, it is not cost efficient to do so, given drug chemists generally don't give a fuck about legality, nothing will change.

Loperamide was already a scheduled drug. It made OTC classification in the late 70s or 80s. I doubt it would be scheduled.... yeah it is dependence forming but there is no high. Even with a pgp inhibitor (unless you have the high quality research ones they use or those nano-particles) you can't really get high.

Pointed pupils is not being high. There are far more dangerous things out there... it won't be scheduled - the medical necessity far outweighs the risk. It's the only OTC anti-diarrheal, and many people can't afford a doctors visit every time they have the shits.

It is possible to get high on Lope, as in actual centrally active high. However, it is fucking dangerous. Incredibly so.
The infamous BBB is so vital to our survival, attempting to permeate it is not at all worth an opiate high, though many on this board continue to ignore the risks, in the search for the Junkies' Holy Grail.

But access to a lab and high tech equipment mixed with a crippling opiate dependency, a self destructive mind and an unwavering scientific curiosity got the better of me at one point.

Exposing your brain to everything it has evolved to never come into contact with is fucking stupid, but I did it. Addiction, eh?

But 4-Oxy-Acetyl-Loperamide? Now we're talking! ;)

You've had this custom synthed?

As for getting a high, I don't doubt you can get some into your CNS, but it will never be anything like a traditional high. Pupil constriction shows it is active centrally however it never feels good.

You're correct, it is a dirty, dysphoric and dangerous high, that wasn't in question, simply that a 'high' is even possible.

I've had 4-OAL from others' synths, as well as my own. One of my favourite opioids. Only used it a handful of times but enjoyed every one of them immensely.

Hey all, new memeber but trolled threads for years. Just wanted say I had my first experience with Lope and was surprised. Quick background on me, 120mg oxy a day for severe back pain. Motorcycle accident 8 years ago destroyed my body. Anyways, changing my current pain management and have no been able to find another. After exhausting my last supplies and unable to find anything elsewhere, I remember reading a few things about other people's good results with lope. I just would like to add to it for controlling W/D symptoms. I took 12mg gel caps and about two hours later, ( 2 days in WD) I noticed everything started to subside. Almost got a strange sedation feeling from it. It relieved eenough for me to sleep a few hours and even enough to eat. Very impressed. I no longer fear being out of my supply. Used them for a few days. By the 3 day, I no longer felt I needed to take another dose. I think it would be entirely possible to come off most opiates/opioids.. As for pain, nothing. But I can deal with that compared to WD. My dosage was small,12mg lope morning / afternoon / night. By third day it was 12 mg lope in the Am and by 8 pm I really did feel I needed anything. Good luck to anyone needing something to help them get throw. It works well. I estimate 80-90% symptom free.