• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Imodium) Megathread v. 2

I don't know if Janssen (Johnson &Johnson) still own imodium but if they do is assume they would fight the measure to schedule it. Also Loperamide is on the World Health Orginizations list of essential medications for basic Heath. I'm not sure of that will make a difference to MI lawmakers.

Ok so I have a question regarding the WGJ... I know with the cimetidine you need to eat them 1 hour before the Loperamide... with the WGJ when is it the best time to drink it for it to be most effective??

Last edited:
^^^ Drink it at least 1 hour before. Drink at least a liter, preferably 1.5 the first time.

Watch out. Makes it a lot stronger.

Has anyone had problems with tolerance and/or developing withdrawals from only using small amounts for only a few days? For example using no more than say 16mg for no longer than 4 days? In theory from what I have read it seems like such a small dose one could even jump off it and maybe take 2-4mg every second day to counter diarhea but also see no major repercussions. Obviously this is for people with smaller dependance. The fear is still there, the long action has been the only thing scaring me from using this any more than 2 days in a row.

If you're not taking inhibitors, then you're fine. I would still do a rapid taper though, 16 to 12 to 8 to 4, or something similar.

And I think it will be a long time before the general populace catches on to loperamide, though with the Internet, it is bound to happen. I don't want it scheduled, but it is dangerous shit if used recklessly.

I quit taking the loperamide because it started giving me this strange stimulated insomnia with only cimetidine-infused doses of sub-20mg doses. No withdrawals anymore and feel great! Keep 'er up, muskolo. Saw ya posting over at a certain other board the other day! You're doing great.

HELP PLEASE!!!! (cimetidine loperamide)

FIRST OFF I AM A DUMBASS!!!!

I am currently trying to taper using lope (again) and I recently started (I start with a gram of cimetidine then 40mg of lope) and dropping 2mg a day. Well today my girl left me so I Got some dope, only a bit since I got fired and now have no source of income and no scams that I could pull etc, basically this is forced to be my last and I'm happy for it so I can turn it around anyway.....

I take my sick dose the night before I get sick so I don't wake up sick so lately:

Tuesday: 1 Gram Cimetidine -> 1.5 hrs later -> 20 Loperamide (40mg)
Wednesday: 1 Gram Cimetidine -> 1.25 hrs later -> 18 Loperamide (36mg)
Thursday: 1 Gram Cimetidine -> 2 hrs later -> 16 Loperamide (32mg)....

...then girl called it quits for good, got a half of some tar, no rigs, smoked that shit up, got high, thought about it, can't be down in the dumps and go forward and continue my taper and strive for a real life. A Life Worth Celebrating... with people I love and Love me.... But I digress...

I accidentally took 600mg cimetidine at the same time as my Lope (28mg) cause tomorrow I'll be sick but I was baked and using a delicious Arizona Ice Tea Mango to wash em down that I took them at the exact same time Now early on this same day I took a gram of cimetidine for my initial dose so my question:

If I acciedentally take my cimetidine at the same time as the Loperamide is it a waste?

and

...what if earlier in the day (less than 12 hours ago) I took a whole gram of cimetidine and the day beofre I took a gram as well,

is the cocktail wasted???

Anyone else taking loperamide forget to take their dose for an extended period? Usually my eyes water far before my legs hurt, and my legs are fucking on fire, crazy thing is I'm still constipated. Not this time, I've been been on a minor bender (single night without sleep) . Ah man. At least I've halved what I was taking just a few days ago. I took a bit more than 40mg today, and like 20 yesterday. Fuck, might as well get stoned, I'm not sleeping until it kicks in in two hours or more.

Edit: Took 10 more mg. Jesus. This stuff takes for ever to kick in. I'm yawning cause I'm fucking tired, and from withdrawal. Wonder why the fuck my eyes took forever to water. Nothing like your legs on fire. Ahh and the stretching almost involuntarily. Nothing like ending a stimulant binge in mild opioid withdrawal.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be too concerned about the Michigan thing. They had Loperamide as Schedule V since 1978.. the bill posted above is just to amend Kratom to the current law in Michigan.

Obviously.. it isn't enforced against Loperamide.

See here, it references Loperamide already being CV in MI since 1978... which it was also federally CV back then its basically an obsolete law, there's shitloads of them in every state.
http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(ig...g.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-333-7220

Note that the changed part is highlighted in bold in the link posted above, meaning it just adds Kratom to the 1978 law which was amended in 1999 for Ephedrine alkaloids.

More info about the Kratom amendment and its status
http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(hy...g.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=2014-HB-5707

Last edited:
So for the shits in MI you have to see a doctor? Sucks.

Nah I don't think it's enforced, its like those laws you hear about "illegal to wear suspenders during..." etc. Fell by the wayside when the feds descheduled Loperamide.

I know someone in Kalamazoo who uses lope for maintenance and its sold in all the big box stores there so...

The legislature just hasn't bothered to explicitly repeal it is all. Definitely is interesting though.

Wonder how many other states forgot all about it and left it CV? lol.

Can I ask what is WGJ?

I assume its white grapefruit juice. it will have the same or similar enzyme inhibiting effects on you as cimetadine(tagamet) does and will increase the concentration of the drug in your blood stream by a significant amount.

If you guys have benefits you'd save a lot of money just getting lomotil prescribed, its just prescription Imodium but it does pass the BBB. now you can't take an insane dose since it's got a teeny dose of atropine for HR but you could seriously cut back on lope dosing. Doctors are not tight with prescribing a diarrhea med, like, at all.

Hate to be a downer, but I would like to see more discussion here about the negative side effects of using loperamide including the co-administration of cimetadine. Lope isn't a miracle drug; it's a trojan horse. Last thread there were reports of deaths and near-deaths from chronic abusers of loperamide. Those reports are not isolated either. I've heard stories from all over the globe about this addiction. I mean, seriously -- if you're gonna do it, at least know the risks before you start fucking with your lives.

Hate to be a downer, but I would like to see more discussion here about the negative side effects of using loperamide including the co-administration of cimetadine. Lope isn't a miracle drug; it's a trojan horse. Last thread there were reports of deaths and near-deaths from chronic abusers of loperamide. Those reports are not isolated either. I've heard stories from all over the globe about this addiction. I mean, seriously -- if you're gonna do it, at least know the risks before you start fucking with your lives.

Well also those people who died from those cases were trying to get a high from loperamide... which is just plain dumb. If you took the time to read through this megathread (which I don't expect anyone too, it's hella long) you'd realize that 97% of this thread is about using Loperamide as a withdrawal/detox aid, not as something to get HIGH off of.

I don't understand the trojan horse reference...? I mean only opiate/opioid experienced people should use lope in any other way besides for loose bowels. It has been a true life saver for me during withdrawals and trying to detox.

No one is advocating you take it to get high. I consider it a dependency more than an addiction, an addiction has a psychological component; you looking forward to your daily dose of lope, that tingley anticipation. That would be addiction, has not happened to me once with loperamide. Loperamide was the only drug I found acceptable to stop major acute W/D symptoms. It has a shorter half-life then methadone/bupe, is OTC, and cheaper. Oh and you can't get high. I liked methadone,, and I'm sure I would have liked the subletie of high dose bupe. But I'd be pretty fucke. if my car broke, I lost insurance or had no money.

The fucked outcomes will occur from several things:

Opioid naive people chasing a high with this one = a quick death
Fairly low tolerant or anyone getting themselves to 200mg plus a day

Those two things seem to do the most damage. Take so little you're still a little in withdrawal and slowly take less and less you're fine.

This drug just can't itch that scratch that produces truly fucked up addictions.

Could high doses of Loperamide (>20mg) cause a positive for opiates/opioids on a 5 panel drug test?