• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Immodium) Megathread: We have now lost at least 2 of our own from Lope

Status
Not open for further replies.
^

It crosses the BBB, just in very tiny amounts, less than .10% Thus the need to take many many doses at once to achieve central activity. Read this PDF for more details. http://www.imodium.com/images/imodium/pdf/ImodiumLoperimideFacts.pdf

"At recommended doses, loperamide does not significantly cross the blood-brain barrier154"

There's a reason the instructions say not to use Loperamide for more than a week, because even lower doses can cause dependency in sensitive persons. Also note that some boxes and the brand name Imodium say drowsiness is a side effect.

Loperamide is by far the worst opioid/opiate I have ever experienced withdrawal from. I took Naltrexone foolishly after a poppy pod tea binge and had 20 hours of precipitated (compressed, amplified) withdrawal -- terror and hell, and the peak of Lope WD rivals it for me. Thankfully, lope isn't going anywhere in the foreseeable future, and its available at so many stores near me in case the bulk internet places run out or the mail is late. I always order more when I am down to 2 weeks worth in case mail carriers go on strike, Loperamide is recalled, its scheduled, etc.

For reasons of avoiding a potential "OMG that is ridiculous" type reaction from people (not saying you, or anyone in particular.. just in general) I don't wanna say what dose I am taking for recreation. It is in the 3 digits mg-wise though.

Last edited:
i have a slight habit from loperamide. the first time i did immodium ad idid like 90 mgs and my pupils dialted and everything. Its kinda like metadone where ya don't feel abuzz anymore but you are right. know what I mean? Now I'm weenin myself by takin 2 mgs less every week. I get the classic opiate withdrawals if i stop takin it. Runny nose, watery eyes, chills, extreme yawns and dont wanna do shit. Its not like full on dopesick but ya know ya aint right.

I dont have much time to tell my whole story,but i really hope i am believed in wht im saying,cause with all my being iam telling the truth,and if you want to here more details,email me and ill help.So,to begin,I have a very important gov. job,real talk,i do.Before this job i did opiates,from perc 10s to oxy20s 40s then80s,old school type>the 80s.My rx addiction was started around 17 going on 18,i had a crooked doc who charged 40$ for 40 pills,again started with percs till i got to OC 80s,and i got script in my name thn my moms thn my dads every 5 days for like 4-5 years,i chewed up 3-4 80s every 2hrs till i passed out for the day,thn DEA got on doc,so doc said i can only give u perc 10s,wasnt enough.So i found heroin,snort for 3months thn shot for 3 months,in tht 6 months my life was nomore,so i went to methadone clinic for 3 years,i was in and out rehabs 4 times during my whole addiction,anyway,got off the methadone,and truly away from the life and people,but down the road my mom passed away,and my girl at the time didnt know how to be their for me for this happening,so i went back to heroin for like 3 more years,thn i got out of it again and left for my new job,and i took me away,for awhile,so to the thread.I found the loperamid info and was like this aint real,well i couldnt be sick and do my job,now my addiction i picked back up in my job wasnt as bad as whn i was home,but it was still bad enough tht if i didnt have anything,i couldnt function,and i had to go to work everyday.So i tried the lopes,12pills nothing,24 pills took away the sickness,48 pills is my level off where i am so happy everyday,i truly couldnt believe how great it worked,i want to explain more but its alot,but it works,and i shit 3 to 4 times a week,sometimes my stomach will hurt but not often,and ive been taking 48 pills everymorning for about 9 months now,i am not lieing 9 months,i am scared tht over this much time tht my guts could be messed up,i plan on soon going to get checked out some how without telling wht ive been doing.Sometimes i get a high,but i really dont know how to descibe it,it is an opiate high,but different,then sometimes i dont get tht feeling,but i sleep amazing and have the most wildest dreams from it,i can work play be around people and not think twice.I REALLY STRESS if your a docter reading this,some kind of research needs to be done, i know there probly is,but i havnt been able to find much at all,i will tell everything about my use to help,but im telling you it really is a wondser to me how this shit works.But a heavy tolerance it might not work as well.I got to go,but any questions i will happily answer,People iam not lieing,but if you try be careful,work your way up till you notice the sicknerss gone,and like i said sometimes you will get a high,but for people looking for the high,you probly wonte like it,lopes is more for the person tht really wants to stay away from the life and live life,and for job reasons cant be on methadone or subs.ANy Q. hit me up please,i do want to help.

Happy for ya !!
(Hope your Gov. job doesnt involve memos or emails (in general)
I wonder why Lomotil is prescription only, in the states ?

Last edited:
Man, i had been wanting to try this since i first read aobut it, but was too scared to take that many pills..

ANYwho, this morning i felt like shit so i took i 28-30 2mg pills....Expecting nothing much really, BUT THEN....after not an hour i got a BUZZ....

It wasnt very strong, but strongly comparable to that of TRAMADOL(1 of my fav's)..started in my stomach, not beeing able to feel it,t hen spread to my legs etc..
It lasted about 4 hours and have that afterglow right now...

Now i wouldnt advise taking this shit everyday, cuz i STILL dont know if im gonna die of constipation, BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT....its great in a jam, quit trashing on us innovators for poppin lope

Thought I'd add something to the thread...

So I'm addicted to Loperamide. Been taking it for 6 months now. It's a GODSEND drug in my opinion. Got me off a 100mg/day hydromorphone habit (about 2g/day tar). After detoxing I was using Kratom, then after about a month I switched to Loperamide. At first I was taking 240mg (120 pills) every 3 days, but over the past 6 months, I'm now down to 120mg (60 pills) every other day. Granted the redosing period has shrunk, but that's just tolerance. Initially I had to take it every 3 days, but after the first month or so, I've needed it roughly every other day. But I've been slowly tapering down to my current 60-pill dose. Actually all I REALLY need now is 24 pills, but when I take less, I have to redose again sooner.

Anyway that probably sounds confusing... All I can say is that Loperamide literally saved my life. It got me off hard opiates and I've been clean for... well shit, I guess it's been almost 8 months now. Some advice:

- It takes between 3 and 4 hours after ingestion to kick-in, on an empty stomach. On a full stomach, it can take 6 hours. Keep that in mind.
- It's not a drug you take every day. It lasts 2-3 days, so you only have to re-dose 2-3 times per week.
- It's NOT especially pleasant, if you're simply trying to get high. It causes a massive histamine itchiness, plus intense nausea, even for the most experienced among us. It also absolutely DEVASTATES your eyes, and people will be asking you ALL day what you're on, because your pupils will be microscopic, plus your eyes will be red and glossy, like you're stoned. It's very obvious that you're on something.

My advice: use it to get clean. You'd have to be crazy to use it to get high... It's not that fun as a recreational drug. It's more like subs in my opinion; use it to get clean, not high. Oh and the constipation isn't that bad, no where NEAR as bad as Oxy or Hydromorphone (for me at least).

EDIT:
Another thing - the pills are NASTY and they dissolve instantly in liquid. So DON'T take them with water. It will make you gag, vomit. Take it with something flavored. My favorite is chocolate milk; I've found that you can't taste the Lope at all when you down it with something thick like chocolate milk or a protein shake. Oh and the pills are tiny, I typically swallow my 60-pill dose in 3 gulps. You can actually toss 20-30 pills in your mouth and swallow them at once, no problem. People act like 60 pills is outrageous... but they only weigh about 100mg. It's the same as swallowing about 5 Vicodin.

Last edited:
Anyone have more information on the neurotoxic "LPP+" metabolite in Loperamide? This PDF grabbed my attention, the discussion section http://dmd.aspetjournals.org/content/32/9/943.full.pdf

"...loperamide to a potentially neurotoxic pyridinium metabolite in human liver microsomes. The proposed mechanism of LPP formation is most likely similar to that indicated for the conversion of haloperidol to HPP and involves the obligatory P4503A4-catalyzed-carbon oxidation of loperamide to the iminium species."

"Since loperamide usage is restricted to a few days of treatment, the local concentration of LPP to which dopaminergic neurons would be exposed would be minimal at best."
(What of high dose users who use for extended periods?)

"the likelihood that LPP also exhibits MPP-like neurotoxicity in similar biological matrices also remains a strong possibility."

If I read this correctly, the potential is for LPP to cause Parkinson's-like damage to dopamine transmitters.

OK I just got a great new job that starts on monday. I'm terrified because I have a G+ a day habit of excellent H. I've been reading this thread and this seems like my only option, i can't do Methadone cause I'm broke, subs for the same reason. What I want to know is how much should i start off with to just take the sickness away. I could care less about being high at work. Remember my habit is not a lil one, its a big boy habit. 1g-2g a day of amazing powder. Feel free to PM me or respond here. Thank u all for your time and insights.

If you are legitimately broke there's likely a public methadone clinic within 100mi of you that will dose you for free/use a sliding scale. In medium to large urban areas, unemployed addicts often don't pay anything at government run MMT clinics; some, with the sliding scale, charge like $5 a week. Reckitt-Benckiser offers to give a BMT patient their first months Suboxone prescription free if they are unemployed or low income. You have options. Plus the amount of money you'd spend on enough Loperamide going by the dosing instructions in this thread could be spent on Methadone or Buprenorphine easily.

How do you get this stuff? I can't find it anywhere and it's supposed to be OTC.

OK I just got a great new job that starts on monday. I'm terrified because I have a G+ a day habit of excellent H. I've been reading this thread and this seems like my only option, i can't do Methadone cause I'm broke, subs for the same reason. What I want to know is how much should i start off with to just take the sickness away. I could care less about being high at work. Remember my habit is not a lil one, its a big boy habit. 1g-2g a day of amazing powder. Feel free to PM me or respond here. Thank u all for your time and insights.

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. First off, you don't have a 1-2 gram habit of pure diamorphine, because true dia is ridiculously potent. In fact 2 grams of pure H is equal to approximately 4'000mg oxycodone, and I guarantee you couldn't handle 50 fucking oxy 80's at once. Not to mention the difference between 1'000mg to 2'000mg is astounding.

So your H isn't high purity at all, and if anything it may be low purity. On the the second infallacy, your claiming to be too broke to afford methadone, yet you can afford a gram a day habit? That is even more outrageous than the previous claim of doing 2 grams a day of "excellent heroin".

So now I say unto you sir... BULLSHIT!!!
Honestly, I don't know if you are trolling, however as you are a bluelighter it seems unlikely. Perhaps you are simply grossly misinformed, but I simply cannopt take someone seriously who's claiming to be addicted to 1-2 grams of heroin, and then saying they can't afford methadone. BTW, using loperamide in the doses subscribed to even attempt to relieve H withdrawal; will probably cost more than methadone itself...

An observation I wanted to share.

I noticed that morphine and other opiates and semi-synthetics are completely ineffective on me now. I am thinking that Loperamide is possibility a higher affinity than semi-synthetics and opiates proper. I surely don't have a high enough tolerance where 600-800mg of Morphine Sulfate oral is going to have ZERO impact. So this is the only conclusion I can come to - blockade. Anyone else notice this?

I am going to taper this stuff down and get back on semi-synthetic full agonists due to the MPP / LPP metabolites and their link to Parkinson's. Though I must stress that the study that found LPP+ in Loperamide HCl did NOT say that LPP causes Parkinson's.

WD from this stuff is horrid and drawn out. Even after four days it doesn't let up. Taper is a must if you've been maintaining on it for months. WD starts to set in with leg tension at about 30-50 hours after last dosing. Then you get the alternating hot flashes/cold flashes. Then the rest comes like a ton of bricks on par with Naltrexone caused precipitated withdrawal which I've experienced twice.

You can't believe someone can have a 1-2 gram habit every day? Easy if you're in Texas. Maybe it's crap but I was doing 3-6 g's a day. So not understanding that..,yes methadone is cheaper but usually there is some fee associated with joining it. But should be easy to come up with that fundage if you're any kind of a junkie

So, for anyone who has tapered off this stuff were you able to jump off at 2mg with little or no discomfort? Or did you have to do it like Buprenorphine and cut the tablet into super tiny bits and taper to micrograms?

At peak I was using 350-400mg of Loperamide a day. A few times I used as much as 800mg when seeking a nod. I don't say this to dicksize but only as a point of reference. I jumped down to 200mg when I read that Loperamide metabolites potentially cause pancreatitis and Parkinson's (the metabolite identified was LPP+) and a member of another forum reporting Parkinson's like symptoms such as a 5hz hum when his teeth come together. In one week I went from 200mg to today taking just 50mg and I plan to go down 10mg each day. The discomfort is not too bad the biggest symptom is profuse sweating when standing causing dehydration within minutes.

So yeah, was wondering if you have to taper to microgram territory to comfortably discontinue this. I mean, its not the end of the world if I gotta take one FDA indicated dose each day but I would prefer to get off it. And I mean physically of course. I know the post-acute can take years in severe cases.

Oh yeah and even with this taper, it feels like withdrawal from high dose pod tea -- it truly does have teeth. I don't even want to imagine what cold turkey would be like.

Taper so far: 200-->100-->100-->80-->72-->60-->50 (with a full 24 hours or more in between)

Last edited:
I'm taking Omeprazole at the moment for my excessive burping. Found out yesterday that Omeprazole is an inhibitor of p-glycoprotein, which will help it traverse the bbb (http://www.nature.com/clpt/journal/v68/n3/full/clpt2000101a.html). So I took a triple dose (120mg) and then took 40mg loperamide an hour or so later. Within half an hour of taking the loperamide my hangover was completely gone (a typical effect opiates have on hangovers for me) and I was feeling pretty relaxed. Equivalent to 50-80mg codeine maybe. This feeling however lasted a hell of a lot longer than codeine does (presumably due to the longer elimination half life) and I still felt chilled many hours later.

Will be trying this again with a larger dose.

Well if you aren't bs'ing, consider yourself lucky. I only use it when Im withdrawing and it definitely does help, but by no means do I feel any buzz or high.

Status
Not open for further replies.