• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Loperamide/96 mgs) Experienced: YES, I'm high.

Ok regarding loperamide use for WD'ing, it seems everyone here has like a 40mg oxy habit and the lop seems to help them but im doing 240mg in one dose, is it likely any dose of immodium will help my WD's?

actually ya, i came off of a 210mg habit if you want to call it that, talking like 12 immodiums and than just when i needed to. I would use benzo's if i could unless just some tylenol,sleep meds, and some muscle relaxers. If you want to come off you can, you just have to have an occupied mind. good luck man

Did 96 mgs of imodium.... want to die now

I read this thread a few days ago, and became pretty intriged about the idea, so I decided to try it.

This morning at 0945, I took 48 2 mg imodium pills (96 mgs)

About 1130, started getting really tired, fell asleep for about 2 hours. Woke up feeling okay, but drowsy. No euphoria, no body buzz, nothing.

At about 1400, started getting a MASSIVE fucking headache, the top of my head feels like its going to explode, and my stomach is killing me. I feel like total, complete shit. My eyes hurt when I look to the side (odd, don't know a reason why that would be)

And I'm also drowsy. No opiate-like feelings at all (I have a high opiate tolerance), god, i wish I hadn't tried this!!!!

Just wanted to add that to the thread. I know, like with DXM, some people have good experiences to stuff, while others have awful ones. Before anyone else tries this though, consider running the risk of feeling like I do right now!

(this sucks... i was really hoping for at least a mild high...)

I've commented before on the efficacy of loperamide, but I feel inclined to speak about it again.

I've been in withdrawals for the past 3 or 4 days as a result of overindulgence in poppy pod tea. The WD's really sneak up on me with this stuff, with the first few days being bearable but then the 4th day being unexpectedly hellish sometimes.

This was one of those days. I went to work in WD with the intention of just struggling through the day as best I could. Now, I have pain issues to begin with and walking can be somewhat painful, but usually not extremely distressing. Today it was awful, I had to keep sitting down and was basically a piece of shit at work.

As it turns out I work in a supermarket and we sell loperamide HCL 48 capsules for 1.70 or so (really cheap actually) so I finally caved in and bought some with the hopes of feeling better. I took 12 pills, 24mg and proceeded to return to work. Within about an hour, I was feeling slightly better. Within 2 hours I was feeling considerably better, and then finally my withdrawal syndrome was interrupted completely aside from the occasional yawn.

Loperamide has to be punching through the Blood Brain Barrier somewhat if it can relieve the withdrawals. An odd phenomenon that I've noticed is that it takes me about 3 to 4 hours to feel full effect from it. It's a lifesaver though, that's for sure. I felt like a normal person today.

So anyways, i have been going through slight heroin w/d's and wound up finding this thread which has left me rather intrigued.

I have a bottle of Equate loperamide tablets and just ingested 50mg. I will report back with details!

All i got was some slight sedation and serious dry mouth. No euphoria or high to speak of.

Fortunately i was able to take a shit this afternoon.

Im probably going to give this a go. but I have a few q's

Any h addicts used it effectively? does it works for the knee pain and insomnia associated with w/ding?

what is a general starting dose? Im not using to get high, just to take away w/d

on day 4, only slept 4 hrs max and those 4 hrs only felt like I just blink and woke up

I read this thread a few days ago, and became pretty intriged about the idea, so I decided to try it.

This morning at 0945, I took 48 2 mg imodium pills (96 mgs)

About 1130, started getting really tired, fell asleep for about 2 hours. Woke up feeling okay, but drowsy. No euphoria, no body buzz, nothing.

At about 1400, started getting a MASSIVE fucking headache, the top of my head feels like its going to explode, and my stomach is killing me. I feel like total, complete shit. My eyes hurt when I look to the side (odd, don't know a reason why that would be)

And I'm also drowsy. No opiate-like feelings at all (I have a high opiate tolerance), god, i wish I hadn't tried this!!!!

Just wanted to add that to the thread. I know, like with DXM, some people have good experiences to stuff, while others have awful ones. Before anyone else tries this though, consider running the risk of feeling like I do right now!

(this sucks... i was really hoping for at least a mild high...)

:p You kind of deserve it I mean who the fuck takes anti-shit pills lol to get high?? think that through.

:p You kind of deserve it I mean who the fuck takes anti-shit pills lol to get high?? think that through.

Anyone who takes opiates takes "anti-shit pills" to get high. Anything that activates μ-opioid receptors in the large intestines causes constipation just like loperamine. Considering your name is Dankycodone, I'd say you probably use "anti-shit pills" to get high.

Anyone who takes opiates takes "anti-shit pills" to get high. Anything that activates μ-opioid receptors in the large intestines causes constipation just like loperamine. Considering your name is Dankycodone, I'd say you probably use "anti-shit pills" to get high.

Yes but lopermide is active in dosages of 1-3mg if it crosses the BBB so its like taking 800mg of hydrocodone to get high. If lopermide is taken in lower dosages it constipates you the same ways as traditional opiates do so your fucking point is stupid.

Im probably going to give this a go. but I have a few q's

Any h addicts used it effectively? does it works for the knee pain and insomnia associated with w/ding?

what is a general starting dose? Im not using to get high, just to take away w/d

on day 4, only slept 4 hrs max and those 4 hrs only felt like I just blink and woke up

Ya i used in coming off of iv heroin (half bun a day for 4 months) and it helps with the shits. Nothing else. Personally i feel the stomach cramps and the shits are worse than the body cramps... I can ignore those well enough but i can't be back and forth every 15 seconds

Oh ya... I would take like 10-20 of them (so 20-40 mgs) and I don't think there is any advantage to taking more, you're not going to get high

Also, can anyone go through this thread and change every instance of "opiate" with "opiod"

Last edited:
Yes but lopermide is active in dosages of 1-3mg if it crosses the BBB so its like taking 800mg of hydrocodone to get high. If lopermide is taken in lower dosages it constipates you the same ways as traditional opiates do so your fucking point is stupid.

True, but I'd think that your intestinal u-opioid receptors become mostly saturated at a certain point, and the increased dosage will not result in much more constipation. From reports of people taking high doses of opiates, it sounds like the constipation is not much different from the lopermide constipation, indicating possible intestinal receptor saturation.

For instance, LSD psychedelic saturation happens at ~1mg, and more LSD just increases other non psychedelic effects.

This could happen at 40mg for lopermide in the intestines, and 80mg of oxycodone, so they would both cause the same amount of constipation and taking more won't result in more constipation. Those are just random numbers, and I might be completely wrong, but it probably doesn't work in the linear relationship you noted.

Anyway, It's an interesting concept. It's stupid to rule out certain drugs without binding data, saturation points, etc.

Last edited:
OK I am new here and ended up here...you guessed it by searching FRANTICALLY (again) for any help with w/d's.

So I am going to be brutally honest here because its easy as I am anon from anyone knowing who I am.

I am 40. I have a family and the dreaded degen disk disease got me popping hydros years back, from the doc and then from other places when my insurance went bye bye. So from hydros I went on to poppy tea and from there I had a nice...and btw when I say "i", I mean a friend of mine, anyway, had a nice heroin source who seems to be defunct lately. So to summarize, I have been taking opiates of some kind, daily for almost 10 years.

AI have only run out of opiates 3x in those ten years. The first time I had no clue what w/d's were. I just stopped taking about 400mg tramadol and 100mg hydros cold turkey and thought, I need tos ave monbey, this is a good idea. Funny thing is, I got the flu and then realk bad and uncomfortable things started happening to me that we all know as withdrawls. After the first 3 days back then I felt much better.

I am recently only taking tramadols. Yeah go ahead and laugh all you want. I do about 180 pills per week so whatever mg that amounts to is what I am used to. Tramadols to some may be a joke but they hit me harder than any other opiate I have done, they are cheaper and they last longer. I also know I am in the seizure realm with these evil pills but have never had a problem, yet, and they help me do my physically intense job without much trouble.

Tramadol w/d's are pretty bad. First comes the flu symptoms, then the constant diahreaha, then the brain shakes and finally the crawling skin. You cant sit still, you cant gget comfortable, you cant sleep. Your entire body is on fire. Day three seems to be the worst and then it seems to back away pretty quick so thats something. You also cant move your head without your brain knocking around your cranium and the there is the dizziness.

Anyway, I ran out yesterday and someohow my latest script is lost. Right now I should be in so much pain that typing this is not possible. Its been more than 24 hrs and I have take this loperdine or w/e its called all day. I read this topic last night and am so not into taking the full shot of w/d's again I will do anything...anything to stop them.

Again, being honest here I took 100mg this morning when I woke up and felt ok for about 4 hrs. I took 100mg again at that time and again felt ok. I just got done taking 150mg more and am now ourt of my mind. No w'ds . I was drowsy all day and still a useless pos but much, much better than what I would have been. I actually feel fucked up now and my back is ok and that is at about 350mg all day. It does nothing for the dizziness/brain shakes that I think are unique to harcore trammy users but all of that is workable.

Call me stupid but I dont care. I feel ok and am goingt o have to rely on these beautiful green pills for at least another 3 days.

To the author of this, many, MANY thanks.

lperamide does bind to Mu receptors in the gut and also has mild antinoceptive effects- for it to be effective for someone with say a 200mg a day oxy habit to combat WD's the dose would have to be at least 60mg PO- it works for me- I have come off 300mg oxy a day using only lop with grapefruit juice at 80mg dosages- In fact Im doing so right now- I still shit every day too...people who say it doesnt work for WD's dont take enough- if you are opiate tolerant why would you expect a paltry dose of 16mg to get you well? would 16mg of hydro get you well when you're taking 300mg of oxy a day? I think not. It's true it does not cross the blood brain barrier which is a good thing cause its metabolites are toxic and are theorized to cause Parkinsonian effects that are permanent. There are opiate receptors all through the body- not just in the CNS- in fact lop has been used for peripheral pain syndromes with some success.

this might be a crazy idea, but i wonder if loperamide might be potentiating endogenous opioids? there are mu receptors around the gut, and they obviously have a natural ligand (i don't know what that would be). Maybe loperamide displaces the endogenous opioid in the gut, making more available to exert CNS effects. assuming that the gut ligand could even get into the brain.

probably a ridiculous idea, but who knows?

I found that using loperimide when going through wd on this site and it has been a lifesaver for real. I can't believe how well it works. For the purposes of getting high would it matter if you crushed all the pills into say a glass of milk? Or would more of the loperimide end up flushed out because you mixed it with milk? I ask because I want to try taking a larger dose but would rather mix it than swallow all those pills. Anyone out there that could help?

I stopped coming to bluelight about a year ago because I got tired of all the bullshit being flung my way about loperamide, but I still stop in once every month or so just to check pm's. Usually I'll have a few messages from people with questions about poppy seed tea - the subject for which I was known around here before I made the grand mistake of assuming that my honesty was worth more than two shits to a bunch of drug addled degenerates.

Anyway. I used to have a pretty active poppy seed tea thread here in the trip report forums, so I decided to check and see if any new questions were posted... but lo and behold, what do I see instead?

This old loperamide thread, and it's still active. Wow.

So... since I'm here, I thought I'd say thanks to a few non-degenerates who behaved civilly towards me when all this was going on:

ifonly
memphis10
sarbanes
junctionalfunkie
garuda
pinpoint
snowbear
risefromruin
stardog
roxipoppygirl
xorkoth
niebus
(zonk)
amblerg
medievil
lazydullard
mr light
punjistick
euphorification
coldasice
bassicdane

Oh yeah. And a big hearty FUCK YOU to these shit heels:

swybs
jamshyd (mod)
mcwally
johanneschimpo
sixpartseven (mod)
johnny blue
lacey k (mod)
pkt
clubbinguido
livingonvalium
drunken etard
swerz
genericmind (mod)
staffwriter
sp0r
the ketaman
slay
jahred24x
egore
maloxx
too many doses (mod)
psych0naut
dankycodone

Anyway. Adios, cool people.

And fuck off, shit heels.

No problem.. forgot I even contributed to this thread. I wouldn't get bummed out and not come back from a few ignorant comments. You helped dozens of people with this thread with easing withdrawal temporarily. And that is priceless. Opioid withdrawal is one of the most unpleasant experiences one can have in this life, and for sure, THE most in some instances.

It definitely gets into the brain, no question about it. You win. It is variable whether one can get high, depending on tolerance and probably personal biochemistry, but it definitely helped me feel much better. Case closed, and from now on the flamers and whiners aren't even worth replying to. some remind me of fundamentalist/creationists; just aint worth the time and all the evidence is right here.

I'd advise some caution to those without tolerance and trying such a high dose, but to those with dependency issues, this may help ya out.

Funny, I was just researching loperamide because I recently had a little issue...and I found this thread.

I'm extremely interested to know if I took say ~6-10mg of loperamide along with a 5mg hydrocodone (both of which I have on hand) will the loperamide potentate the hydrocodone? Or will it actually make it not work as well?