• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Loperamide/96 mgs) Experienced: YES, I'm high.

It's too cold to SWIM outside. He must either live in California or have an indoor pool.

Welcome to bluelight, mr715. We don't use SWIM or any other acronyms here.

i dont care how bad my W/D's are, i wouldnt ever take Immodium ... that sounds disgusting 96 pills to take?
Well, since they're quite small pills, what if someone put like 6 each inside jumbo gel-caps? Then you'd only have to swallow 16 (each one would be roughly the mass of a vicodin -- just an approximation based on comparing them side-by-side).

Its funny how people who swallow commercially pressed and marketed pills to get high laugh at others who take different commercially pressed and marketed pills to get high just because said pills are marketed for other reasons.

Yes, a person with low tolerance to opioids can get a great buzz from loperamide. I've done it many, many times and not bothered to report about it because I don't see the purpose in setting myself up to get flamed by people with less intelligence than I.

That being said, since it seens to be a hot topic as of late I will add my experience to the vault:

200mg DXM + 72mg loperamide + 12 oz white graperfuit juice = 20mg hydrocodone, give or take.

Not placebo. It works, without the DXM also, but better with. Constipaiton is never an issue - just handle it like you handle your constipation from other opioids.

Do with it what you will.

Its funny how people who swallow commercially pressed and marketed pills to get high laugh at others who take different commercially pressed and marketed pills to get high just because said pills are marketed for other reasons.

It's a result of the marketing and on-label purpose of loperamide as an anti-diarrheal, if it were for cough or something else no one would criticize people. Taboo i guess.

Yes, a person with low tolerance to opioids can get a great buzz from loperamide. I've done it many, many times and not bothered to report about it because I don't see the purpose in setting myself up to get flamed by people with less intelligence than I.

Tons of those running around the web, just say what you want :)

That being said, since it seens to be a hot topic as of late I will add my experience to the vault:

200mg DXM + 72mg loperamide + 12 oz white graperfuit juice = 20mg hydrocodone, give or take.

Not placebo. It works, without the DXM also, but better with. Constipaiton is never an issue - just handle it like you handle your constipation from other opioids

Interesting..... I never used DXM in that way, but I have used ketamine to drop opiate tolerance and potentiate them, so that's probably similar to what's going on there with the DXM. If DXM can do that with loperamide, it means the loperamide is likely getting into the CNS.

Grapefruit juice is a good way to go though, probably healthier than cimetidine or some of the others.

I had a bunch of generic imodium saved up from my last opioid w/d and now my tolerance is probably somewhat close to baseline so I'll guinea pig myself:

First did 60 mg: no real euphoria to speak of but I was very tired anyway from no sleep the night before. However, this dose surprisingly kept me awake/going all day.

Next day I did 120 mg and ran errands. Person I was with and a couple others (who I knew) said I "looked" fucked up even though I only felt slightly tired, maybe slightly disoriented/uncoordinated.

Next day, I decided to take the rest of the bottle, ~120 mg again. I feel fine so far, just a bit tired. Still early to draw conclusions as this stuff tends to last all day long.

In conclusion, I'd say it's good stuff, especially if needed for sleep and/or opioid withdrawals. It may take some time to find the right dosage/timing depending on desired effect(s). No bowel problems to speak of personally, after 3 days of use.

Me thinks it may be wise to order another 2 x 200 generic loperamide HCL, for whatever reason.. Nice one to always have on hand, just like clonidine, benzos, dph, and stuff like that.

However, loperamide has been shown to cause a mild physical dependence during preclinical studies, specifically in mice, rats, and rhesus monkeys. Symptoms of mild opiate withdrawal have been observed following abrupt discontinuation of long-term therapy with loperamide

so your withdrawal doesnt prove anything... i feel like it might be all placebo, although i was actually interested in this at first theres no scientific evidence of this really happening

crossing the nefarious blood brain barier

Many of you are fully aware of the issue concerning lopermide and the blood brain barrier. I figured there had to be a way to do this. there is of course the paper in which scientist administered quinidine to rats to essentially paralize the BB, which allowed lope to cross, as observed by measures of respiratory function.

Getting your hands on quinidine can be essentially impossible, seeing how this is an antiquated drug that has been replaced by more effective medications that serve the same function. however, getting your hands on it in natural form is quite easy.

quinidine comes from the cinchona tree, aka peruvian bark, there are other names, but you have to find them as I dont remember. if you find a place that sells this as a supplement, you now have your self a source of quinidine, which when combined with lopermide works very well to keep the DT demon away. there is a high associated with it that is quite pleasurable and very long lasting.

I need to make it clear, I do not recommend this to anyone. I am not endorsing anything I am posting here, I am simply giving info that many will find interesting. there are many risks associate with this. Dossage is hard to establish, and being that many here are opiate lovers, you need to take special care to not stress your already stressed intestines.

I am not going to give out info regarding where to find this, look for it. it took me ten minutes to find locally. it comes in many forms, and also helps with restless leg syndrome (the cinchona by it self I mean) which I personally get every time I DT.

Good luck, I will answer any questions I can.

BE CAREFUL! Keep control of your shit so you can continue to enjoy it and not kill your self.

yep

i too have used the lope method. i currently dose @ 72 pills, so i guess 144mg. i take 4 Tagmet 30min prior to my lope dose.
Now i only do this once in a blue moon when i cant get my D.O.C(methadone), but it works for me. i know alot of people say it doesn't work, but i also DOUBT THEY HAVE TRIED IT.

Keep control of your shit
=D

Such an appropriate statement in this thread...

Seriously, doesn't taking that much block you up like crazy?
I tripled the dose while I was sick, and I was uncomfortable for a day or two.

wow. im in sub wd now (was, actually). until i took 36mg of loperamide. the affinity to the bbb is low (not non-existant, it's a leaky world...). several p-glycoproteins will inhibit this in different ways, depending on the inhibitor properties and their affects on the loperamide and loperamide METABOLITES, too. poppies can be covered in pesticides, heroin can have microbes, it's endless in the world of entropy. in the mean time, being quite the resourceful chemist these days (and physiologist), ill do research on this after exams soon. finding the most appropiate glycoprotein inhibitor for the majority us considering most peoples lifestyle on here, etc. is my goal. safety first!

anyone who KNOCKS a post from someone that says you can get high off an opiate/opioid, loperamide esp, should educate themselves FIRST before being rude and stating assumptions as facts. that's 6th grade scientific method. think before you speak, fellas. and when you think, try and do it while you're educated. thanks guys!

Wow, this is still going on?

I'm sorry I ever brought this up. Yeah, you can get high on loperamide if you really try, but it ain't worth it. It becomes an addiction just like any other, and even worse because the high isn't consistent. It takes several days between doses to 'reset' your chemistry, or whatever. Hell, I dunno. I'm not a fucking scientist.

For somebody going through withdrawals, it's a lifesaver. Use it in high doses, taper down from it, and when you're clean don't look back, ever EVER again.

I see this old community, and all of the drug seekers and addicts and the whole culture, and I think... I used to be a part of all that. It's hard to believe. Drugs will fuck your shit up, permanently, if you let them, and it's a nasty trap that's almost impossible to avoid once you're an addict. I don't know why I was saved from it, but I pray for all of you guys, that you'll all escape from the fucked up trap and the lie that drugs whisper sweetly into your ears.

That's it, carry on.

yes i know, im trying. but loperamide + certain glycoproteins can be FATAL because of extreme, fatal resp. depression. you need specific ones and VERY specific doses. rats have od'd from loperamide + small doses of glyco-p inhibitors or vice versa. this could have saved a life. DANGEROUS COMBOS. thank <s>god</s> high powers for education.

Wow, this is still going on?

I'm sorry I ever brought this up. Yeah, you can get high on loperamide if you really try, but it ain't worth it. It becomes an addiction just like any other, and even worse because the high isn't consistent. It takes several days between doses to 'reset' your chemistry, or whatever. Hell, I dunno. I'm not a fucking scientist.

For somebody going through withdrawals, it's a lifesaver. Use it in high doses, taper down from it, and when you're clean don't look back, ever EVER again.

I see this old community, and all of the drug seekers and addicts and the whole culture, and I think... I used to be a part of all that. It's hard to believe. Drugs will fuck your shit up, permanently, if you let them, and it's a nasty trap that's almost impossible to avoid once you're an addict. I don't know why I was saved from it, but I pray for all of you guys, that you'll all escape from the fucked up trap and the lie that drugs whisper sweetly into your ears.

That's it, carry on.

Brotha you hit the nail right on the head! stuff is nasty

well malfunkshun there are still newcomers like me, and dont worry, you went well beyond the call of duty.
Ive experimented several times with lope in WD, and even though the same info is all over the place i would have to say that it is at the very least, accurate.

I'd like to breifly add my 0.02:

Haven't used an opiates since stopping heroin 11 days ago and got two bottles generic loperamide, two 48 count bottles. Haha, I tried to down the first bottle too fast I think, and puke them all up walking down the street. Was successful with the second one, so I think I ended up getting 50 total down (forgot two in my haste from the first bottle). 100mg and I'm MOST. CERTAINLY. STONED. Loving it. As previously described, it's much like a cross between tramadol and codeine. The one thing I didn't like about codeine was that it the buzz didn't last long, although it was a really nice buzz. I have a feeling, from what you all have said, that this is going to be a similar codeine like high, but last a lot longer. We shall see. And for the record, it took about 90 minutes to kick in. Gotta cut this shit out, but I'd take an OTC addiction to fucking black tar any day. Tomorrow I'm going to see a really well known sub doctor... but that's a whole nother bag-o-worms. %)

BTW

fuck'n love this thread. OP great report, and I couldn't contain myself from laughing throughout reading it.

Yes... At high doses also if you have low tolerance to opiates it helps a LOT during WDs, not only with GI issues, also restless, runny nose, chills... It's the fucking miracle drug for detox.

Shit loads of Loperamide and some benzos are the best for "low" or maybe even "low-medium" withdrawal habits

Bless this drug, seriously. Some one called it the OTC methadone... quite exagerated but yes, it makes the job somehow at high doses. And I read somewhere that it was used for the treatment of mild pain decades before (I can't find any reliable reference but it makes sense) so...

What we have to do now, I think, is keep this thing quiet, I mean not using it to get "high", just for withdrawals or detox, otherwise we're going to see another very useful and "non-dangerous" drug Scheduled and controlled.

Cheers.

Tried It for Myself

Yes... At high doses also if you have low tolerance to opiates it helps a LOT during WDs, not only with GI issues, also restless, runny nose, chills... It's the fucking miracle drug for detox.

Shit loads of Loperamide and some benzos are the best for "low" or maybe even "low-medium" withdrawal habits

Bless this drug, seriously. Some one called it the OTC methadone... quite exagerated but yes, it makes the job somehow at high doses. And I read somewhere that it was used for the treatment of mild pain decades before (I can't find any reliable reference but it makes sense) so...

What we have to do now, I think, is keep this thing quiet, I mean not using it to get "high", just for withdrawals or detox, otherwise we're going to see another very useful and "non-dangerous" drug Scheduled and controlled.

Cheers.

This thread has interested me very very much. Let me explain a few things before I tell you about my experience (that I am experiencing as I type) with loperamide.

I am an opiate addict. I have been on suboxone for about 2 months. 1 eight mg strip a day. On Sunday (2-3 days ago) I ran out of suboxone. I do not get my refill until tomorrow. I have been suffering hardcore the last couple days.

After I read some thread on bluelight and on drugsandbooze.com I was extravagantly thrilled to see many witness reports, that loperamide DOES indeed get you high. So about 3 hours ago I went to the grocery store with a roommate and got 96 pills (2 mg.). I read a instruction guide that explained the mixture of recipes to take before and after you consume loperamide considering it is hard fore the drug to cross the brain blood barrier.

So here it goes:

--I got some cimetidine (tagamet otc) which is an acid reducer medication. It slows down your stomach's acid so more loperamide is absorbed and is a p450 inhibitor which helps loperamide pass through the BBB. I took 1 g of cimetidine (this is completely necessary to help).

--Then I consumed 48 loperamide pills.

--As I am doing all this I downed 32 oz of grapefruit juice for lopermides absorption and pgp inhibition

--Then I drank about 8 oz of tonic water which contains quinine (also a pgp inhibitor)

About 20 minutes later I felt the onset affects. Then I took more. 3 hours have passed and I have consumed 96 pills. I feel mildly euphoric and I am not happy about having to take that many pills. But I have an extremely high tolerance due to my daily suboxone intake which basically blocks my receptors. But I am very surprised I even feel anything at all. Please let me know what you think.. This is a very interesting thread.