• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Loperamide/96 mgs) Experienced: YES, I'm high.

Concerning lops neurotoxicicity unlike MPTP or haloperidol which bring about parkinsonian conditions with lop there are no adverse cns effects mostly due to lops PGP substrate properties that prevent it from not(entirely) crossing the BBB. Lops safety margin as compared to mptp or haloperidol despite its neurotoxic pyridinium products can be assumed to be as a result of therapeutic use being restricted to a few days. Anyone imo using it recreationally should consider this before trying.

well i ate a box today (42 pill x 2mg) for pod withdrawl and it certainly helps WD but no euphoria. and its fuckin spacey like dxm kinda. i got zonked out for several hours after it kicked in and had FUCKING crazy dreams. Very vivid and very real. strange stuff for sure

If I were to try this I would also take a laxative in order to compensate for the loperamide.

^ NEVER take laxitives unless the doctor orders it. Eat more fiber. I am as serious as a heart attack.

Hey just for shits an giggles I took a bottle of 96 pills...swallowed about 10 at a time so it was quick. And 30 minutes later I am on an opiate high...no doubt about that...ha ha.

Hope it lasts for a while.

It is true in my experience that there seems to be a 'threshold' amount of loperamide, after which passed, the drug becomes very potent. Before this threshold it has virtually no effects at all other than some very mild sedation. Perhaps there is a level after which it exceeds the amount of pgp's in the brain. I know this because once I took 10 packs, felt nothing at all and was rather pissed off. Took 4 more packs and couldn't stay awake. Go figure

Concerning lops neurotoxicicity unlike MPTP or haloperidol which bring about parkinsonian conditions with lop there are no adverse cns effects mostly due to lops PGP substrate properties that prevent it from not(entirely) crossing the BBB. Lops safety margin as compared to mptp or haloperidol despite its neurotoxic pyridinium products can be assumed to be as a result of therapeutic use being restricted to a few days. Anyone imo using it recreationally should consider this before trying.

Could you please explain this a bit more. I'm kind of worried.

Just seems weird that a harm reduction site would allow posts advocating 50-100 times the medical dose of something.

I guess most of us drug addicts have lines in the sand that they just will not cross. For some it's heroin, for others it's the needle.

For me, it's massive amounts of imodium.

I was in w/d yesterday and loperamide really helped. I even got in a really good mood for awhile. Only had to take like 12mg. Granted, not like percs or vicks- but undeniably it worked!!! Furthermore, I slept through the night. That's unheard of when im in wd. That shit is a life saver. I'm trying to stop daily 40mg use of percs/vicks. I know that's not alot but it still sucks when you skip a day. Lope fucking helps and there is no question in my mind about it!!

Hey just for shits an giggles I took a bottle of 96 pills...swallowed about 10 at a time so it was quick. And 30 minutes later I am on an opiate high...no doubt about that...ha ha.

Hope it lasts for a while.

It only lasted about 45 minutes, but it was a good 45 minutes.

It will... all day most likely.

Not quite all day, but I have spent 17€ on worse highs:)

Just seems weird that a harm reduction site would allow posts advocating 50-100 times the medical dose of something.

I guess most of us drug addicts have lines in the sand that they just will not cross. For some it's heroin, for others it's the needle.

For me, it's massive amounts of imodium.

I share similar opinion. The amounts being suggested for recreational use are not in the spirit of harm reduction. Much so when Lop is classified together with haloperidol and mptp in terms of comparable neurotoxicicty.

I share similar opinion. The amounts being suggested for recreational use are not in the spirit of harm reduction. Much so when Lop is classified together with haloperidol and mptp in terms of comparable neurotoxicicty.

No one here has got parkinson-like symptoms from using it, so I doubt this is true

Why is it dumb to take a inactive in the brain opiate? Isn't it dumb than to take thousands of poppy seeds and make a tea of them? Aren't poppy seeds only used on bagels?

It isn't dumb to take any opiate for whatever reason you need it for.

It isn't dumb to wash the morphine/codeine/trace alkaloids off of the poppy seeds, as they were once in a poppy pod (of the P. somniferum varietY), which was once filled with yummy white opiate soup. The seeds are covered in a small amount of good material and if you wash a decent amount of them, you can get off.

Poppy seeds aren't only used on bagels. They are also used to get high and plant other poppies to get high even more. Oh, and they are liked by flower lovers as well.

Ok regarding loperamide use for WD'ing, it seems everyone here has like a 40mg oxy habit and the lop seems to help them but im doing 240mg in one dose, is it likely any dose of immodium will help my WD's?

^ IME coming off 300-400mg a day immodium just helped with the shits. I would get benzos, if you can't do less potent opiates to at least help the first few days. Actually if you aren't being drug tested defanitly get benzos so you can at least get a couple of hours of sleep. Hope you feel better soon man.

Last edited:
Why does this thread need to die? It's useful to some people. And why is it so hard for people to believe that it can help with withdrawal and/or get you high? Are you saying that everyone who's had it work is lying or experiencing placebo? Placebo of alleviating withdrawal is quite unlikely.

Come on, give it a rest. If you think the thread needs to die or that it's "stupid, end of story", then don't post.