• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Life post lsd

I had dropped out of uni at one point... and was really confused as to where to go with life.

LSD showed me that the only way society can function is if everyone works together in the large scale: doing whatever they can, even for selfish reasons - it will eventually integrate with society for the better. Even the most selfish billionaire would have to think about ethics so that he is not opposed by a large population. At the same time, even the most uneducated person can contribute to society by doing something-- anything at all, as long as you aren't sitting at home doing nothing.

One may wish to leave society and not be a part of it, however everything that we have is due to the combined efforts of many in our society. How would you have a house to live in if not for the entrepreneurs of the past and the suppliers, builders, architects, etc of now? How would you have a car to get around? I saw it all as doing my part in repaying society.

I also had a wonderful experience on MDMA where the familial construct was broken down for me, and I realized the shit I had to do for my own blood.

Went from fucked up to not so fucked up :D As long as you are vigilant with your drug use, you can't fall into the pits of doom, insanity and/or disability. It's stupid to ask "Can LSD turn me into a crazy monk?" because it is obvious. Yes it can, but it is up to you to direct your life, not LSD.

I also have the feeling that I need to change the world, in a big way. I've had this feeling for a long time. There are lots of ways to do it. This year I'm applying to graduate school, and hopefully I'll be on my way to a Ph.D in applied mathematics. I was born in 1990, so for my entire life I've been witnessing this explosive expansion of technology, and its influence on people's lives. Look at the difference that's been made by computers, the internet, MRI's, robotics, vaccines... I want to be a part of that, however small. Maybe make something new, or maybe just help someone else who's more creative than I am. That's how I hope to make a difference.

When I was in college, I worked for an org that was trying to improve college admissions rates for minority students. I was a tutor, so my job was to help high school students get through their homework and fill in gaps from the material they learned in class. I was paid from a grant, so it wasn't charity on my part but I made a difference to my students, and that was pretty rewarding.

This is how I, personally, satisfy that voice in my head that says "make the world better." Everyone has their own ways. Much of the time, I feel like it's not enough. I'm certainly no saint, and if I were really devoting my life to it I'd be in the peace corps or something. But making the world better isn't so much about doing something specific, it's about attitude. Live your life, and opportunities to help will come out of the woodwork - you just have to be ready to take them when they appear. You bring good to the world by being a good person.

Do you have a significant other or spouse? Love them. Make them happy. Do whatever you can to help them achieve THEIR dreams. If you can be a positive force for just one other person, without screwing over anyone else, then you're making a net positive impact and that's more than can be said for a lot of people.

Zuccardi & Clocktower, I like your drive and I also have been feeling ever more driven to improve the world around me since taking psychedelics.

I have changed so much in the past few years through self discovery that I can now say that I will certainly be a different person in another ten years whether it be in big or small ways. I could even revert back, though I hope this never happens.

My personal belief is that their is no God in the sense that most people understand, there may be an intelligent entity or god woven into the fabric of the cosmos but based on rational science there has yet been no firm glimpses. If there is a highest agent then I suspect that they would accept sinners and saints alike and our actions on Earth would be totally irrelevant to receiving said grace.

That being said I believe that if people have a personal desire to do good for the community/world then this will bring true happiness compared to the empty pursuit of material wealth. I nearly drank myself to death because I was totally disillusioned with the flaws I could now see in society (many of these I discovered through listening to others wiser than me). I felt powerless and had accepted my life would steadily deteriorate as the world got destroyed from the exponential and combined effects of over-consumption, fundamentalists, etc.

I am determined to be open minded, to listen more to others ideas, to keep questioning and discovering, to accept I can't know all or change all ills of the world. I will not risk my life, health or happiness totally to help, I am no martyr, but I want to give it the best I can with my limited skills. I watched a program online recently (unfortunately I couldn't find again at this time but it was a high functioning autistic older lady, maybe a doctor) who talked about improving the way we get people with different ways of thinking to work together to bring the best of all worlds to projects, some examples below.

- Visual thinking
- Maths adept
- Architects - spatial?
-People with broader visions and people who can adapt those to a imperfect world, managers and other, etc (best practicable solution when you accept nothing can be perfect)

Zuccardi you can start to think about how you can help with your skills, when you can, whilst still having fun/hedonism and living a healthy life with friends and family who truly accept you. You could make music or write or even just one on one talks with family or friends, or for example if you like biology go learn how to heal people or work on projects that can help halt/reverse the environmental devastation.

I advocate peaceful, open discussion where vested interests of governments and corporations, churches and individuals can't be hidden or pushed through corruption and bribery. I don't believe overthrowing the government is the answer though this could depend where you live, I am in Australia and believe that as people get enlightened they can help others close to them on the same path.

Also if you can write or if you have friends who can, then learn more about the world and blog or publish books, nowdays this can be done anonymously and if the material is of worth it will spread around the world very quickly. I hope to write such a book though I acknowledge it will take many years and may never be accomplished, but I need to try.

I belief that drugs should be legalized, perfected and studied as they are great tools for people such as myself who are not born with an innate sense of the universe as some wise people seem to be. Obviously the non addictive drugs are preferable and wholesome ones (IMO psychedelics, cannabis, MDMA to name the most important ones). I don't believe they are for all people and perhaps simple discussion, yoga, meditation or other practices are the best tools of all.

I am taking breaks from all drugs for periods of a month and then three months to fully test my resolve and to check and fine tune my plans with a totally clear head.

I suppose the main gist is to spread kindness and share knowledge freely with others when you can as a minimum, if you know you can do more at this particular time in your life safely then you will reap true rewards. Most people are inclined to this naturally most of the time, but it can be hard when coping with the malaise of the world.

We are all free persons in this life and we do have power to change but we must look after ourselves because I personally belief we will cease to know of anything we did on earth when we perish.

Last edited:
LSD helped me affirm certain philosophical ideas i'd had before but could never put together in such a way.

I dunno, remember Jerry Rubin? Hardcore sixties leftie big LSD advocate - what did he end up as in the 80s? A fucking yuppie working the stock market thinking Ronald Reagan was God come back again.

How about Steve Jobs? LSD was apparantly one of the most important 2 or 3 things in his life - what did he end up doing? Making teenage south east asians work for a pittance till they throw themselves off the fucking multistorey. While he paid himself 20 billion quid. LSD really contributed to his sense of compassion didn't it.

Dunno but he certainly wouldn't give all his chinese slaves the steam off his shit that's for sure. Maybe LSD taught him to fuck everyone first.

Try some oral DMT, or 4-AcO-DMT, or related tryptamines. LSD was never very intellectual for me, but for example, ayahuasca gave me insights into my own psychology that genuinely allowed me to partly overcome severe psychological illness.
I've done many assorted psychedelics. Same results.

I'm a logical positivist/empiricist. As such, the ideas I get on psychedelics... well,not only are they not right, they are not even wrong. (Which is worse than being wrong...I.e. they are detached from reality as to be meaningless)

I don't think you're going to get the specific answer you're looking for because LSD affects everyone differently and leads them down different paths. I think it is pretty common for people to want to 'change the world' or make a positive impact on society after taking LSD, but there are a lot of ways to go about doing that. Some people get into spirituality, some get into art, some get into politics/activism, some make it their life's work to spread LSD to the masses. There's no limit to the different things you can do, but I think you're going to get a lot further listening to yourself than asking other people what to do. You say you want to live isolated from society, which I think is something that can make a very positive impact on the world in a way. Maybe make this something you are actually striving for instead of just a pipe dream. Think about where and how you could acquire some land, find some like-minded people to live with, learn more about self-sufficient living, etc. There are also a lot of off-grid communities all over the world where you could live and work.

It's important to remember that change on a large scale doesn't happen over night. That doesn't mean you shouldn't strive for it, but it requires a lot of work. The most important thing is to work at it every day. I find just working at whatever your personal 'vehicle' is consistently is where real change happens, it's not so important to have some grand masterplan set up first, as the big picture becomes clearer while you continue to work and grow.

I don't think you're going to get the specific answer you're looking for because LSD affects everyone differently and leads them down different paths.

This is the plain truth. Psychedelic substances allow some folks to simply grasp the MAJOR idea that people should enjoy their lives. A great many citizens of the world (especially the western part) are raised with money, status and other units to measure their success. LSD and other similar substances can assist in teaching that smiles & happiness are probably more valid goals. From here people can go in any direction they choose. It is not the specific path that maters but rather the reasoning for choosing the path that is important.

I've been deconditioned, which made me realize just how brainwashed the common person is. The people in control ain't got nothin' on me no more though. I feel the weight of suffering of the world on my shoulders now - everyone is a robot, everyone is just playing roles, and most people have lost touch with their hearts to become soldiers following orders from above. And they don't seem to be aware of it, or they're just good at drowning out their inner voice. Total submission is the only permissible thing. Drugs like LSD and cannabis help reveal you to yourself, hence coming to this understanding. That is why the are illegal and demonized. The people in control don't want you to know the truth, that they are fucking you around. It's hard not to be a pushover, you might not even be able to get food or shelter if you don't do as they please, but it is possible to transcend the whole thing and that's where LSD comes in.

It showed me that everything I once knew as real has turned out to be a fantasy. In terms of what actually is real, that's a little harder to answer, but simply "infinite Void" might suffice (especially if you're on acid presently).

It showed me that everything I once
knew as real has turned out to be a
fantasy.

So gravity and respiration are fantasy?

Why don't you test this out by finding a tall bridge to step off? Or putting your head in a plastic bag?

zucchini said:
but did anything come from this discussion?

I don't think so, that's why somebody changed the title from "in action" to "inaction." Most of that thread is before my time though, if you find or come up with some good ideas for community involvement be sure to bring them up there.

raveitsrealfun said:
I've been deconditioned, which made me realize just how brainwashed the common person is. The people in control ain't got nothin' on me no more though. I feel the weight of suffering of the world on my shoulders now - everyone is a robot, everyone is just playing roles, and most people have lost touch with their hearts to become soldiers following orders from above. And they don't seem to be aware of it, or they're just good at drowning out their inner voice. Total submission is the only permissible thing... The people in control don't want you to know the truth, that they are fucking you around.

I think what's really happened is you've brainwashed/deluded yourself into conspiracy theory malarkey. This is not at all an accurate characterization of the real world, or the people in it, and seems more the product of a myopic absorption with the ideas that spring from mystic intoxication.

Try to appreciate other people's ways of thinking more, how do you know what others are thinking, whether or not they're being honest with themselves? Maybe you're just projecting your own insecurities and emotional void onto strawmen you've created with your unwillingness to engage with others' ideas. Plenty of folks live fulfilling, meaningful lives, some of them value similar things to you, some of them have value systems you will find grotesque, that's the way things are.

Also somewhat on topic.

Last edited:
So gravity and respiration are fantasy?

Why don't you test this out by finding a tall bridge to step off? Or putting your head in a plastic bag?

Real fucking mature man. Maybe take your own advice

^Play nice now, he had no ill intentions. 'twas just a case of poking fun at hyperbole and encouraging the man to think things through.

Which is worse than being wrong...I.e. they are detached from reality as to be meaningless

You seem very comfortable as an individual operating within Western society, and are rational enough that finding them meaningless is expected (and the most desirable result). Most of their value in terms of learning stems from an increased ability to recognize maladaptive thought/behavioral patterns in oneself, and their causes, resolving repressed issues, dealing with anomie, etc. etc.

(I am assuming that by "meaningless" you meant "without utility")

I've done many assorted psychedelics. Same results.

I'm a logical positivist/empiricist. As such, the ideas I get on psychedelics... well,not only are they not right, they are not even wrong. (Which is worse than being wrong...I.e. they are detached from reality as to be meaningless)

When it comes to the sort of insight that psychedelics are capable of giving, which tend to be more abstract than concrete, I'm not so much concerned whether or not they're "right" or "wrong". I'm mostly concerned as to their function -- so, I'll evaluate the validity of an idea based on whether or not it helps me or hinders me in successfully achieving my long-standing goals.

And, from this perspective, psychedelics DO offer bountiful valid insights, although they might not satisfy anyone looking for an ontological Truth.

wow, what an experience the last week has been for me. i don't know how else to say it other then 'i get it now' (though there is still a long journey ahead of discovery). i've awakened. everything has made more sense then ever before. everything i have said here, and have said to others, the way i have always been, how that "sense" was more obvious to me then ever before while on acid, though i was still struggling to put it all together, even though i "thought" i had. the answers were always there, i had even already read a bit on spiritual awakening but my ego couldn't comprehend it. i could've gone through every blog and every post about spiritual awakening and even then i still had to come to terms with it all within "myself". going through even some of the posts now on blulight and there are so many! so what i have to say is nothing original, but i'm so much at peace now it's unbelievable the massive change i've gone through within a week.

it's not just that i want to MAKE a change, it's more so that i ALREADY feel it, like so many others. people i have never met but am connected to.

this post makes A LOT more sense now - http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/625433-The-superconsciousness-of-the-human-race

what really finally hit the nail on the head was this doco - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOcNqDHkBvc

it's all so hard to put into words, but when i really stop and remember i am so overcome with such positive engergy i feel "alive" again.

some of you won't get this. some of you may already understand, some may be like i was - on the right track and nearly there and others would rather ignore it. and i apologize if anyone was basically trying to tell me all of this, but in my quest for truth i was trying to absorb everything at once, and it was all so muddled together but i couldn't just stop and meditate on it all until now. i understand now what it is to love, and i completely take back what i had said earlier about not being able to love others. im so overwhelmed with it now, but it is so easy to quickly fall back into old ways and thoughts, especially in the city, and i realize that maybe that's why i've always had a "need" to go out into some isolated piece of nature and just live - everything around me is just to distracting and it is stopping potential further growth.

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience"
“Once the soul awakens, the search begins and you can never go back. From then on, you are inflamed with a special longing that will never again let you linger in the lowlands of complacency and partial fulfillment. The eternal makes you urgent. You are loath to let compromise or the threat of danger hold you back from striving toward the summit of fulfillment.”
“Jesus Christ knew he was God. So wake up and find out eventually who you really are. In our culture, of course, they’ll say you’re crazy and you’re blasphemous, and they’ll either put you in jail or in a nut house (which is pretty much the same thing). However if you wake up in India and tell your friends and relations, ‘My goodness, I’ve just discovered that I’m God,’ they’ll laugh and say, ‘Oh, congratulations, at last you found out.”

I strongly recommend that you head over to youtube and check out Mac Lethal, this guy speaks the truth, been on the psychedelics a fair bit I dare say.

I don't know about anyone else, but I can say without a doubt tripping on acid has made me a better person. I think if one wishes to better themselves, LSD is a start. But MXE is def the next step :)

LSD didn't give me anything... Fun visuals, a bit of euphoria, and a hangover the next day :eek: It's a fun drug, but nothing special IMO

However if you wake up in India and tell your friends and relations, ‘My goodness, I’ve just discovered that I’m God,’ they’ll laugh and say, ‘Oh, congratulations, at last you found out.”

Not if you're an untouchable tho. They'll kick you in the head and leave you in a puddle of your own blood and shit.