• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Life post lsd

Keep living your life. Never stop questioning things, learning things, or thinking for yourself. Life is about the journey, not a huge rush.

exactly 100% basically it made me question everything. which is no bad thing, plus i have tolerance for others as you just cant expect everyone to be perfect. plus i connected with the universe on a fundamental level of agent/object meshing and realised the true nature of infinity and oneness. people like derren brown on tv try to undo any kind of cosmic depth but you have to be grateful for the little things, its not just all about an attention seeking ego (hint hint derren).

sometimes the most interesting people are right in front of you. also cool for school people can fuck off.

What? What about say.. programming for example? There's nothing innately destructive with that or anything..

Also, what do you mean "genuine"? It's a machine that makes sound waves. Loads of stuff makes similar stuff happen. What about painting? That "genuine" too?

Sorry, I felt a bit angry there. It's just sometimes when I read people say stuff on here I'm just like, 'what? That's so over simplistic! Why are you saying that?'

I apologise. It's something I need to work on.

Sorry i'm a very cynical person

LSD has given exactly 0 useful or meaningful insights into anything.

Not positive or negative, just utterly ineffective.

Possibly. Who knows. But these experiences can have a very deep impact on people, not to mention an unpredictable one.

Yeah but I think it's in the same league as something like Hare Krishna - there's a percentage of people who will follow Hare Krishna and there's a good percentage of the population who will never, ever, EVER shave their head and get anything out of chanting the fucking hare krishna song.

I think it works the same with LSD - we're like the members of Hare Krishna going "If only they could all hear the beauty of our chanting we would change their world". I'm not sure the world works like that.

izzy said:
I think it works the same with LSD - we're like the members of Hare Krishna going "If only they could all hear the beauty of our chanting we would change their world". I'm not sure the world works like that.

I think we can say the same thing about anything people find meaningfulness in. Even if people have a shared set of values, a slight change in emphasis or priority in members of the set can produce radically different, mutually exclusive worldviews.

^^

I suppose the main difference with LSD as opposed to religions is there's no "studying the masters words for 60 years to try and make yourself better". With LSD it all comes down to you and what you bring to the experience. You either get it or you don't.

One of the things I like about LSD is how personal to you it is - there's no studying Buddhas ideas for the rest of your life - you just study your own feelings.

Last edited:
izzy said:
One of the things I like about LSD is how personal to you it is - there's no studying Buddhas ideas for the rest of your life - you just study your own feelings.

Agreed.

Even if someone consciously "knows" it, the acute realization that your values/sub-identities are an essentially aesthetic (personal) rather than logical or axiomatic (impersonal; resort to tradition, utilitarianism, etc.) construct can be an experience of inestimable value.

Not that there's anything wrong with those shortcuts to developing desirable traits and thought processes we describe as philosophies and religions, but there is something lost to dogmatism the moment you try to institutionalize and externalize personal development and self-knowledge.

Since taking LSD i've been searching and searching other people experiences/thoughts etc but can't seem to find anyone discussing life post LSD. most of what i've seen are people asking "lsd has changed my perspective for the worse etc" with people only replying to embrace it within yourself, but is there more of a discussion about what we can do with this insight? as in it seems a common answer from people is how it has changed their insights and their personal lives but then what? i feel almost like i'm keeping some big secret from everyone and that there is so much more i could be doing, so much more i should be telling people.
i have this sense of purpose now, i SHOULD be doing something with what i've "learned"
sorry if this doesn't make sense/seems a bit scattered....that's been the hardest thing for me since lsd is just making sense of all these new feelings and trying to explain them to others. i feel like i'm not doing any of my thoughts or the experiences on lsd any justice. and instead of dwelling on it i want to do something positive, make a change etc. i just don't know where to start. are there others like this? i just feel like this can't be it.

i guess the main question that i'm trying to ask is, if the lsd experience has changed you, then how are you channeling that on a larger scale? any links to any other similar posts/sites/books will be greatly appreciated

That "should be doing something" is just energy, all bottled up with nowhere to go. There a few things you can do with the experience, like trying to explain it or turn somebody else on or painting. But if you did those things while tripping, and focused only on one activity, you would become much better at whichever activity. Then those activities blend and generalize to other activities that have less and less to do with the experience, although the after effects of the experience may still be present. So why do you want to do something with what you've learned? Did you learn and know this feeling long ago, or did it only arise after you peaked or came down?

Well LSD Itself has taught me nothing. But some other psychedelics and empathogens have changed my life. Not on a grand scale but how I look myself. I have gained quite bit confidence and no longer worry about trivial things.

Once I thought I nailed it. After very strong and hard DOI trip I was completely a new man for couple weeks. Sadly it was only a afterglow and I returned to normal.

Regarding LSD insights as opposed to religion: things LSD showed me were the same 'tendencies' Aldous Huxley talks about in the 'perennial philosophy', similar to basics of western mysticism this is not about any church or tradition but rather about common values. How certain aspects of spiritual developments seem to work as a common denominator, basically. Huxley may provide classical examples from literature but I get the feeling the core is something often pointed to by practicioners of mysticism.

The way this went for me was: I ate way too many mushrooms at one point, without any previous brainwashing - no deep beliefs... I was raised in a quite free way.
Then with the mushrooms I had certain experiences that were quite extreme. Later on in Buddhist descriptions I found similarities as close as I had ever seen. Zen-buddhism seemed the least indoctrinating to me while still resembling what I had experienced, I discovered the concept of temporary enlightenment.
I cared only about the core of how mysticism seemed to work. For a while I became obsessed with the 'status' of enlightenment but later I realized that it got me nowhere and that anything spiritual I would have to work for starting from scratch. I still think I am nowhere... but that over time, my willingness has grown: I remain open to suggestion.

Like Ismene indicates: human experience stands central. Well that is not only my opinion but also mysticism by definition.

Well ok, nothing about what I said so far is about how to handle your insights...

Ways in which I have changed over the years mostly have to do with lowered thresholds, becoming more sensitive to new ideas or information. There was a time when I felt too open-minded. I lost my critical thinking during that time and compiled ideas trying to stitch together 'what the bleep do we know' type of stuff. Then there was a period in which I discovered healthy skepticism and how to censor my ideas, discerning fantasy from empirical fact. But basically, LSD and other psychedelics helped me become more understanding to others that may come from a different place... and to play more freely in creative context.

About lowered thresholds: I believe psychedelics have promoted a state of "low latent inhibition".
As is mentioned in the link, something like that increases sensitivity to both things like psychosis or other forms of desintegrated reality perception, but more positively, creativity can benefit from this. The latter is said to be especially true in intelligent individuals. Tests I took when I was 18 have shown that I am gifted, which would qualify me.

To me, these explanations regarding long-term effecs of psychedelics and lowered latent inhibition are consistent.

Last edited:
LSD has given exactly 0 useful or meaningful insights into anything.

Not positive or negative, just utterly ineffective.

Try some oral DMT, or 4-AcO-DMT, or related tryptamines. LSD was never very intellectual for me, but for example, ayahuasca gave me insights into my own psychology that genuinely allowed me to partly overcome severe psychological illness.

Thanks for the replies and sorry for my delayed reply. I think some people missed the point of my post, though then again I think I could've been more precise like this person - http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/9152807

It's been crazy seeing so many people voicing EXACTLY what I'm feeling and constantly thinking, and it's just becoming frustrating being unable to find what to do from here. Who is actually doing something? How can I help? and If you're going to say "donate to charity/don't do anything/learn an instrument" then I don't think you're on the same wavelength as myself and so many others seem to be.

I'v always wanted nothing but a little cabin in the woods, self sufficient etc. i'm so frustrated with the mentality of the general public I'd rather just cut myself off completely. Though this too is becoming a challenge in itself to find like minded people who would be interested in the same kind of thing (intentional community etc). It's like i want to be a part of some revolution, but another part of me just wants to get as far away as possible from the evil and ignorance of man.

I'm not getting a clear sense of what your purpose is, zuccardi.

You want to cut yourself off from society because you disagree with its principles, or technologies, or some other aspect? Or is it that you want to do something for society - in your OP, you mention that there is something you should be telling people?

It seems like you feel a sense of urgency to do something BIG, without having any idea what that might be. And frankly, that's pretty pointless. If you really want to make a positive change in the world, nobody else is going to be able to tell you how to do it. You have to decide for yourself - ask yourself, how can I make a positive impact?

Relevant post of mine.

zucchini said:
It's been crazy seeing so many people voicing EXACTLY what I'm feeling and constantly thinking, and it's just becoming frustrating being unable to find what to do from here. Who is actually doing something? How can I help? and If you're going to say "donate to charity/don't do anything/learn an instrument" then I don't think you're on the same wavelength as myself and so many others seem to be.

I'v always wanted nothing but a little cabin in the woods, self sufficient etc. i'm so frustrated with the mentality of the general public I'd rather just cut myself off completely. Though this too is becoming a challenge in itself to find like minded people who would be interested in the same kind of thing (intentional community etc). It's like i want to be a part of some revolution, but another part of me just wants to get as far away as possible from the evil and ignorance of man.

Have you seen this thread?

I'v always wanted nothing but a little cabin in the woods, self sufficient etc. i'm so frustrated with the mentality of the general public I'd rather just cut myself off completely.

St. Augustine (in the early 400s AD) in his younger heathen days considered off with friends and start their own commune to get away from the materialism and bullshit of life in the Roman Empire . This desire is something most people with a spiritual bent feel at one time or another.

but another part of me just wants to get as far away as possible from the evil and ignorance of man.

Where's the love? Resentment and inability to except people for what they are--human--won't get you anywhere, you won't change the world with some great wave like the flower children hoped, only through love, forgiveness, charity, and long-suffering can you hope to make a difference. It will be a small one yes, but for every single person who does so, for every single instance even we flawed and sometimes destructive people can, we make the world a little bit better place. At least that's the lesson Jesus teaches us Christian folk.

If you go off by yourself what is accomplished? You're negating what good you can do with what you've learned by doing so. Though some Eastern cultures, especially those uber-Confucian ancient Koreans (perhaps because success/deadly failure was tied into the extended family...), romanticized and respected the life of the Hermit, alone and in harmony with nature.

The most important job a man has is to live, doing the best he can to survive. Love people for that, and do what you can to help them perform this duty. (Not to sound preachy, just something to think about/my opinion)

^ Agreed.

you won't change the world with some great wave like the flower children hoped

I think this is a flawed way of thinking that any LSD user should keep an eye out for. I've experienced it myself -- LSD trips convincing me that I have the power to make a SUDDEN and MASSIVE change. And making me feel terrible, because of course, in reality I would be unable to act on the desire for sudden change, because big changes are always gradual.

man it's so hard for me to try to explain whats going on in my mind and try to put it into something cohesive and understandable to anyone else
i think i'm stuck on too many ideas, and trying to make sense of everything all at once, but i just have this feeling of constant frustration that so many people will never change or see basic reason/rationality (not to say necessarily through drug use)

Also thanks for the thread link!

Last edited by a moderator:
but i just have this feeling of constant frustration that so many people will never change or see basic reason/rationality (not to say necessarily through drug use)

No use being frustrated over what other people think - you arn't going to stop too many people believing in Allah for example, just sorting your own head out is the best you can do.

Not sure about joining "like-minded" in small groups. I think that could be even more limiting than a big group. Who'se the leader going to be Jim Jones?

LSD helped me affirm certain philosophical ideas i'd had before but could never put together in such a way. It gave me an appreciation for many aspects of life I'd taken for granted or just never realized the value of. I like to make art and music and express the 'psychedelic message' in that way most of the time, sometimes in writing.

I really like the discussion thus far on this thread.

I also don't think George W. Bush would take a high dose of acid and come out of it still believing all the same things he does. He's a politician, his job is to make it seem like he really believes in and stands for the things he talks about but in reality I imagine he's 'suppressing' more things than he even knows.

I think this is a flawed way of thinking that any LSD user should keep an eye out for. I've experienced it myself -- LSD trips convincing me that I have the power to make a SUDDEN and MASSIVE change. And making me feel terrible, because of course, in reality I would be unable to act on the desire for sudden change, because big changes are always gradual.

why would you say this is a flaw? one person DOES have the power to make change. if they are in a position to do something then why shouldn't they? whats wrong to feel like this, like i am, and to come here and ask if anyone else feels the same and what they are doing with the need to make a change??? if it can take one person to fight for change imagine if, all people on the same wavelength got up and did something? like occupy wall street but on a broader scale. everyone can scoff all they want but that's our ultimate downfall. to go "you're not going to change anything" instead of"yeah! that sounds great! lets try to change the world!" instead of "you're not going to change anything". if we just opened our minds that little bit more to the possibilities in front of us, and what we could all achieve as collective of people, the impact could be great. but instead we're here on some forum being told our ideas are to big and unbelievable. it just baffles me that anyone would see their sudden desire to want to make a difference as a flaw. you've just limited yourself and what you can do

The most important job a man has is to live, doing the best he can to survive. Love people for that, and do what you can to help them perform this duty. (Not to sound preachy, just something to think about/my opinion)

I'm sorry but i can't just "love" people who survive at the unnecessary cost of so many others. people who take advantage of people on such a big scale should be held accountable and having massive spotlights thrown on them. i can't just lay down now and take life for what it is. even if i never take acid again i don't want to be apart of this society as it stands. so what if i'd rather be a hermit alone in the woods?

this isn't about ME starting a movement. this isn't about ME becoming a monk (though i would like to further explore spirituality through etheogens). it's not about preaching. in a way it's not even about me, it's about WE. this isn't about me going out there tomorrow and doing something without even knowing what i am doing, hence the initial question which was, as LSD/hallucinogenic users, have any of you joined some movement/group that leaves the forum discussions and is used in your life towards fighting for a better tomorrow? spreading truth in general? this is the "insight"/"what i had learned" that i was referring to. i don't mean through the promotion of lsd. or that we all become "lsd prophets" say if everyone that was on the similar wave length got off the internet, got together and said "ok, what are ways we can fight peoples perceptions of this bizarre irrational reality they live in?"

in reagrds to this post- http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/433210-Psychedelic-Ideas-and-Revelations-Inaction , i'll try to go through it all soon as i have limited internet usage (and time :/) but did anything come from this discussion?

it's also not about me getting my personal opinion on the world out there, it's about being able to contribute towards the fight on ignorance and everything that is wrong in the world on a large collective scale.