View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Life post lsd

zuccardi

Greenlighter
Since taking LSD i've been searching and searching other people experiences/thoughts etc but can't seem to find anyone discussing life post LSD. most of what i've seen are people asking "lsd has changed my perspective for the worse etc" with people only replying to embrace it within yourself, but is there more of a discussion about what we can do with this insight? as in it seems a common answer from people is how it has changed their insights and their personal lives but then what? i feel almost like i'm keeping some big secret from everyone and that there is so much more i could be doing, so much more i should be telling people.
i have this sense of purpose now, i SHOULD be doing something with what i've "learned"
sorry if this doesn't make sense/seems a bit scattered....that's been the hardest thing for me since lsd is just making sense of all these new feelings and trying to explain them to others. i feel like i'm not doing any of my thoughts or the experiences on lsd any justice. and instead of dwelling on it i want to do something positive, make a change etc. i just don't know where to start. are there others like this? i just feel like this can't be it.

i guess the main question that i'm trying to ask is, if the lsd experience has changed you, then how are you channeling that on a larger scale? any links to any other similar posts/sites/books will be greatly appreciated

LSD and other psychedelics have helped me to break down some of the social conditioning we are all subject to from birth, and find value in idiosyncrasy, surrealism, and general strangeness. I try to break down the same social constructs in my sober reality that LSD broke down for me.

learn an instrument, it's one of the last genuine things in this world

I don't think a single LSD experience once a month can really compete with having to get up at 5am every morning and go to work in the pissing rain. Going to work is like a pubic hair on a toilet seat - eventually you get pissed off.

LSD gives you a few hours off from the rat race which is beautiful and beyond measure all by itself. Don't worry that you havn't left your job and become a Buddhist monk.

learn an instrument, it's one of the last genuine things in this world

What? What about say.. programming for example? There's nothing innately destructive with that or anything..

Also, what do you mean "genuine"? It's a machine that makes sound waves. Loads of stuff makes similar stuff happen. What about painting? That "genuine" too?

Sorry, I felt a bit angry there. It's just sometimes when I read people say stuff on here I'm just like, 'what? That's so over simplistic! Why are you saying that?'

I apologise. It's something I need to work on.

Since taking LSD i've been searching and searching other people experiences/thoughts etc but can't seem to find anyone discussing life post LSD. most of what i've seen are people asking "lsd has changed my perspective for the worse etc" with people only replying to embrace it within yourself, but is there more of a discussion about what we can do with this insight? as in it seems a common answer from people is how it has changed their insights and their personal lives but then what? i feel almost like i'm keeping some big secret from everyone and that there is so much more i could be doing, so much more i should be telling people.
i have this sense of purpose now, i SHOULD be doing something with what i've "learned"
sorry if this doesn't make sense/seems a bit scattered....that's been the hardest thing for me since lsd is just making sense of all these new feelings and trying to explain them to others. i feel like i'm not doing any of my thoughts or the experiences on lsd any justice. and instead of dwelling on it i want to do something positive, make a change etc. i just don't know where to start. are there others like this? i just feel like this can't be it.

i guess the main question that i'm trying to ask is, if the lsd experience has changed you, then how are you channeling that on a larger scale? any links to any other similar posts/sites/books will be greatly appreciated

Why don't you start by sharing some of your insights here? As an LSD lover I'd be very happy to hear what you have to say :)

Last edited by a moderator:

I wonder why it would be necessary to actually have other people do things you find beneficial? If it's good, they'll do it eventually anyway, and thus no preaching is needed. And if it's not, well, then it's best to leave preaching out anyway. What changes, introduced by LSD use, do you feel are of such nature that other people would benefit hearing from you?

But in some sense I hear you: tripping on LSD is something that has most certainly alienated me somewhat from the rest of the society, because this dear hobby of mine is such that there is none with whom I could share it. Well, except on the internets and semi-anonymously.

I don't think a single LSD experience once a month can really compete with having to get up at 5am every morning and go to work in the pissing rain. Going to work is like a pubic hair on a toilet seat - eventually you get pissed off.

LSD gives you a few hours off from the rat race which is beautiful and beyond measure all by itself. Don't worry that you havn't left your job and become a Buddhist monk.

Au contraire! We have to pay the bills to get from one trip to the next, right? And if you're going to do something, you may as well do it with gusto. I get my ass up at 5:30am every day and go to work...not quite in the pissing rain given where I live, but my point remains the same. ;)

Anyway, to the OP...run with it, baby. Just remember, LSD won't quell your empty stomach at every meal and it won't keep you warm at night. :)

Last edited:
Au contraire! We have to pay the bills to get from one trip to the next, right? And if you're going to do something, you may as well do it with gusto. I get my ass up at 5:30am every day and go to work...not quite in the pissing rain given where I live, but my point remains the same. ;)

Pretty hard thinking beautiful thoughts when you're up to the neck in sewerage by 6.15 every morning tho. As beautiful as LSD is, it can't help you when you're sniffing something like that.

As Cool Hand Luke said "I just can't seem to find me no elbow room"

LSD helped me shatter the foundations and structure of my western conditioning. 20 years since my first tab and I live a very peaceful, hermetic life. As an example, LSD introduced me to veganism overnight. I don't believe you have fully embraced what psychedelics have to offer if you still consider the torture and execution of our fellow travellers as necessary, or acceptable in *any* manner. Taking the life of another just to satisfy the tastebuds for 5 minutes at the dinner table is one of our most horrid and deranged acts. I risk incurring many social sanctions for the life I lead, so i won't go on and on about it, but let's say this: LSD and psilocybin instilled a profound sense of truth and compassion deep within me. It operates discreetly but very powerfully in every thought and action I take in daily life.

Yes I feel the same way. When I did "trip" I would mostly look at myself and see what I may be doing wrong as a person. Sometimes changing the person you are is some of the best things you can do. :)

It would be more practical for me to tell you the ways that LSD changed me than to tell you the multitude of ways I am channeling those changes into my life.

The biggest thing LSD did for me was to deconstruct a lot of internal blocks I had that were preventing me from approaching life in the way I wanted to. It has made me more creative, intuitive, fearless, and open to possibilities. In hindsight my mind was very stuck before I started doing LSD. Plus, to be honest, after taking WAY too much LSD in one trip and making it through in tact, I felt like I could do a lot more in life without the need to be afraid.

LSD dissolved my ego across many peak experiences which made me a lot less afraid of dying or becoming nothingness. I believe that once a person comes to terms with their own inevitable demise, it opens a lot more possibilities in life.

Of all drugs, I can see why the government wants LSD kept illegal. They would lose social control of the public if people were using LSD and discovering that most of the rules forced down their throats don't even matter. Although I still appreciate and use other entheogens like mushrooms, LSD was the most deeply introspective for me. What LSD taught me is that I had too many ingrained rules that were holding me back and I was the only person standing in the way of my own freedom.

Keep living your life. Never stop questioning things, learning things, or thinking for yourself. Life is about the journey, not a huge rush.

Of all drugs, I can see why the government wants LSD kept illegal. They would lose social control of the public if people were using LSD and discovering that most of the rules forced down their throats don't even matter.

I don't think so, I think LSD pretty much just reinforces what you believe. If George W Bush took acid would he really have become an anarchist guerilla?

I don't think so, I think LSD pretty much just reinforces what you believe. If George W Bush took acid would he really have become an anarchist guerilla?

I've never looked at it that way before. It goes to show: literature and art is just as powerful a perception and awareness challenger as drugs are :)

I think it does more than reinforce what you believe. I read once, in a silly new-age book that nonetheless made a good point on this topic, that all drugs suppress something. Stimulants suppress lethargy, marijuana suppresses sadness, etc. Psychedelics suppress the suppressive mechanisms. Bush and people like him live much of their lives suppressing thoughts and things they know out of dread fear and conditioning. I believe if they took LSD, they'd probably be in for a rough ride because it'd be likely to show them things that don't agree with their world paradigm and sense of self. Not that they'd turn to anarchy overnight, but the opening would be there for a new perspective, as with anyone. They WOULD probably be less willing to take it than I am, though.

Well put simply, I am happier. I look much more at the positives of any given situation than before. I feel more comfortable in my own skin. What can I do on a larger scale? I don't know. Why should I do anything?

There is nothing wrong with living for the moment after a trip. Enjoy the after glow, you needn't be in any rush to use the experience straight away. Each trip is but a building block that you can eventually piece together to build something special over a life time. Most trips I come away with a over whelming sense of joy and happiness with where my life is. I appreciate my family and friends and reinforce only positive feelings. Perhaps I am lucky to not have have a "bad trip" but I prefer to think that I prepare myself in such a way in the days leading up to any trip.

I've never looked at it that way before. It goes to show: literature and art is just as powerful a perception and awareness challenger as drugs are :)

Yeah I always believed "LSD almost toppled society in the 60s" but I think the older you get the more you start realising people like George W Bush wouldn't change after one trip - these people believe what they believe every bit as much as any LSD anarchist ecoguerilla.

Bush and people like him live much of their lives suppressing thoughts and things they know out of dread fear and conditioning. I believe if they took LSD, they'd probably be in for a rough ride because it'd be likely to show them things that don't agree with their world paradigm and sense of self.

So you don't think Bush would just say it was "madness caused by a dangerous drug"?

I kinda thought after WMD turned out not to exist he would've had a change of thought but if you read his book he never even began to think that way - I think his views on LSD would be similarly trenchant.

Possibly. Who knows. But these experiences can have a very deep impact on people, not to mention an unpredictable one. Maybe he would've relived some traumatic memory and that would've changed his worldview. Alas, we'll never know...