Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Life post lsd

zuccardi said:
but it is so easy to quickly fall back into old ways and thoughts,

Aye, there's the rub.

But I'm glad you had such a glowing experience, may good things come of it.

Strange memories on this nervous night in Las Vegas. Five years later? Six? It seems like a lifetime, or at least a Main Era—the kind of peak that never comes again. San Francisco in the middle sixties was a very special time and place to be a part of. Maybe it meant something. Maybe not, in the long run… but no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant.…

History is hard to know, because of all the hired bullshit, but even without being sure of "history" it seems entirely reasonable to think that every now and then the energy of a whole generation comes to a head in a long fine flash, for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened.

My central memory of that time seems to hang on one or five or maybe forty nights—or very early mornings—when I left the Fillmore half-crazy and, instead of going home, aimed the big 650 Lightning across the Bay Bridge at a hundred miles an hour wearing L. L. Bean shorts and a Butte sheepherder's jacket… booming through the Treasure Island tunnel at the lights of Oakland and Berkeley and Richmond, not quite sure which turn-off to take when I got to the other end (always stalling at the toll-gate, too twisted to find neutral while I fumbled for change)... but being absolutely certain that no matter which way I went I would come to a place where people were just as high and wild as I was: No doubt at all about that…

There was madness in any direction, at any hour. If not across the Bay, then up the Golden Gate or down 101 to Los Altos or La Honda.… You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning.…

And that, I think, was the handle—that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting—on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.…

So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark—that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Seemed appropriate for the thread.

i can definitely relate to how you feel. especially after your first powerful psychedelic experiences for the first time. i feel that human language rarely does the psychedelic experience justice, especially incredibly other-worldly trips like DMT. i did what i could to "turn on" people who were interested, but over time i began to notice that psychedelics arent meant for everyone. also, those people who do take it, might not have the same profound impact you had. but with these experiences, the drugs are just a means to an end really.

my advice would be to start exploring your creativity. listen to more music, and maybe try to learn an instrument or two. investigate art, and poetry, maybe try to express your ideas through those mediums. luckily, being a musician, by the time i took LSD for the first time i could adequately express my creativity through music, and integrating the psychedelic experience became another source of inspiration for my music, as well as the art and graphic design i ended up going to school for.

everyone learns different things from these experiences in self-discovery. not everyone will hear the same message, thats why it is important to find a way to express what you have learned, to be able to communicate and converse with others that have or have not had these experiences.

It seems like you're trying to take some knowledge from the experience and directly apply it to other people in terms of advice, etc. I really don't think that's the way to go. While I've personally only taken LSD once, it most certainly made me undergo the most profound character changes of my entire life. It can be very hard to tell people what you learned from the experience or to describe it at all; when friends curious to try it ask me how I felt, the only thing I can really say is "You just have to experience it yourself." Because that's simply the truth.

How did I impact the world post-LSD exposure? I respect people more; while it seems so simple, I finally understand that everyone is a person with thoughts just as deep and intricate as my own with their own problems and mentality that I simply can't understand. I have more sympathy for people. I finally understand that true love can only be selfless and I have more of it for everyone, regardless of what they do or have done for me. I appreciate the simplistic more. I don't drive down the street speeding and cursing because I'm running late. I look at the overhanging trees and see peace and tranquility. I treat my peers, friends, and family better and I forgive the trivial more easily and more often. That's how you change the world man, even for just one other person.

im feeling the same way I recently had my first lsd trip... it changed me I feel more connected with nature and its species I also have trouble explaining it to my friend and usually just tell them I was reborn. I have not been the same since I believe im a better person