• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Life After E, It gets worse not better

Yeah they always used to say to drink as much as you can.... hyponatraemia was never mentioned, not till Leah Betts died anyway. Even then, any kind of harm reductionis an effort for the educational authorities, the usual response is "Just say no!". Please !.

I feel as if these posts are going in circles, everyone voicing their own opinions. The Fact is, we are the geanie pigs and that scientists don't know much about Ecstacy at all.
Also, Ecstacy does not effect everybody different in dramatic ways. We all get the same side effects. Ecstacy and Addiction makes it so everything seems great and that Ecstacy can solve anything, that you can do ANYTHING while on Ecstacy. Makes everything seem perfect. And as we all know there's no such thing as Perfect. As for most people on Bluelight taking Ecstacy responsibily.. HAH! No one knows, you cant sit there and say "There are only a few cases of people abusing the drug that go on BL". I have seen many many cases of people abusing drugs/alcohol. It cant just be where I am, it has to be everywhere. You just cant sit there and stereotype drug addicts into different categorys.. An addict, is an addict.
Now, I hope that responses do not continue to go in circles and that someone has some good points that have not been said yet.
------------------
I know all.

PLEASE READ THIS>DON"T SCROLL PASSED:
I just want to say that I am actually HAPPY about all the different responses in here. I want to thank EVERYONE for telling their opinion...
Now I do defend my self on here because it is a topic I am trying to make a point...but now that I think about it.....
its almost like this......
Its like an alcoholic:
Drunk: is someone who revolves their life around drinking, does not matter how much or what kind...they do it to get fucked up...whether its once a month or 3 months out of the year.....(binge Drinkers to)
Social Drinker: is someone who is managable at their drinking and takes a drink every so often or is not drinking to get drunk, but to have a good time and the next days are spending their regular life....
Is this similar to E?
Social E Users?
E abuser?
EXAMPLE (does not pertain to any individual here)
someone takes E only 6 times in one year is social...
someone takes it on a regular monthly, weekly, daily or whatever is an Abuser.
Remember I Wrote EXAMPLE
Think about that...and what about the drugs in between E? for the abusers...
The social people only do E and nothing else or they only drink and do nothing else on occasion....
the abusers takes E on regular set pattern...oh then the next weekend they smoke pot or drink....thats Chemically Dependant to me......its substituting one drug for another..to get fucked up..doesn't matter how much or what kind...and if you are one of those people who is a person who does this and denies having a problem....then you are IN DENIAL....key word DENIAL...and I am not refering this to anyone here so I don't want any one to get offended, its just simple known fact because that is what I am Studying right now.
As for me being STUPID.....I don't feel stupid for taking E....I fell stupid like my ACADEMIC skills are weaker...reading is harder ect, ect....I am me and I am different...So for ME its like that...
Also notice at the begining of my post it says :FREQUENT USERS....Frequent meaning people who relate to me.....NOT ALL THE PEOPLE ON BL.....
one last note is i want to apologize for offending any one person here..I don't want that and If I did I am sorry...I am just spreading the word to people who need it and if you think you don't need it then don't bother to reply....I am only being supportive...
THANK YOU EVERYONE......
If you have any problems you would like to talk or penpal me: [email protected]
email me and we will talk.....
Tlw20grl
------------------
Everyday I will look into everyones eyes and with my smile I will send LOVE:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The great thing about E is that it is NOT addictive
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's an excuse we all use to justify what is, at the end of the day, a drug like any other. Okay, so there is no physical withdrawal if you come off of it after extended periods of use, but we all know that addiction is 50% mental.
Actually, I'm of the opinion that "mentally addicting" is just an excuse that hardline anti-drug supporters use. There really isn't a medical definition for "mentally addicting," and there's really no way to accurately measure it. So for someone to say "this drug is mentally addictive" doesn't make any sense.
Granted that most users of MDMA will probably have a strong urge to repeat the experience. Maybe people want to repeat the experience a whole lot. Maybe that's what people mean by "mentally addictive." But just about every activity or substance in the world could be "mentally addictive" by that measurement. I have a strong urge to have sex with my boyfriend. I have a strong urge to eat shrimp fried in butter. I have a strong urge to watch Cartoon Network and Comedy Central. All of these activities have the potential for abuse, and abusing the above activities have the potential to cause long-term damage of a sort. But if it were known that I was a heavy abuser of the above activities, no one would bother blaming the activity. They wouldn't start a crusade to shut down seafood markets across the globe or ban television. They'd say, "Harli, you dumbass, don't you know that doing too much of a good thing is bad for you?"
I really don't understand how it is suddenly a much different situation when the activity of abuse happens to be a cylindrical disk that I swallow or a leaf that I light on fire and inhale. I don't understand how when a few people make bad decisions about a certain activity, then it's acceptable to blame the activity itself for being "mentally addictive" instead of the person's own damn fault for being irresponsible. Yes, E is a drug, but it's not a sentient entity that wakes you up every Friday morning and says "you MUST roll tonight or else!" when you know that it can be dangerous. No, you made your own decision, and you must be held responsible for it in the end. Physically nonaddictive drugs shouldn't be our scapegoat for our own behavior.
------------------
Harlequin
~Someday your ship will come in. Today...is not that day.~

EXAMPLE (does not pertain to any individual here)
someone takes E only 6 times in one year is social...
someone takes it on a regular monthly, weekly, daily or whatever is an Abuser.
Remember I Wrote EXAMPLE
I'm a little confused here. Up above you said that what separates a "social drinker" from a "drunk" is the reasons why they drink, not how often they drink. But here you're saying the difference between a "social E user" and an "abuser" is how often they take E. Which is it?
Are there, in your opinions, "acceptable" reasons to take E? What about someone who just likes to learn more about themselves and others? Or someone who finds it an invaluable tool in psychotherapy? How about someone who takes it to improve their concentration on their homework? How about someone who rolls alone? They're certainly not doing it to be social. Where is your line going to be drawn that says, "you can take E for this reason, but not for this one because that's abuse," and where did you get your information?
And are there, do you think, concrete amounts that you can take in a set period of time to not be an "abuser?" Here on BL the general consensus is once a month, because there is good medical evidence that suggests it takes about 3 weeks for serotonin to replenish. But you're saying here that once a month = abuse. Do you have access to information that we don't?
------------------
Harlequin

phsycologically, E is addicting...I know because I was addicted to it...I can admit that I made the wrong choices for my self...
I still and Used to get soooooo excited before I would roll.. My hands got sweaty, I got nervous and so on....Thats phsycligical.
Its all in my head....I went to a residentail Rehab because I told my probation officer that I relasped...i was honest with her and she sent me away....I thought great..I'll be th only one who is addicted to a hullicenigen (sp. Sorry to say out of the 8 woman there, There were 4 other girls with the same problems as me..and this is a local residential rehab...I only stayed for 2 weeks because some of the girl were CRazy about E that it made me want it sooooo bad...I needed to get my self out of that situation fast or I was gonna use....
Has any one ever felt like they needed to take E because of the vibe at the party or they wanted to dance?
Its all mental...
tv can be addicting, eating, anything....Its mental...
unlike physical addicting drugs...i would know nothing about because I never shot up anything. or smoked crack
any way BLAH BLAH we can all reply until we are all blue in the face.....Its a neverending debate......
BYE

sorry for replying again
WE CAN ALL REPLY UNTIL WE ARE BLUE IN OUR FINGERS....is what I ment to say
LOL
smile.gif

I think my g/f made a very good point towards this msg board. I had personally stoped using it for a while due to unrationalized comments. I know full well i aint a saint! (just ask phreex) But i think there is a rite to give as good as u get.
There is no point cussin some1 for a personal oppinion.
E.G.
I personally think E is more addictive than Speed or coke. I have done copious ammounts of those drugs and that is my personal oppinion.
In this statement i ONLY expressed my own view. Now i have posted this comment on other boards and been cussed for non scientific oppinion. I enjoy pills and often have to put extreme mental pressure on myself not to drop!
I am a CAD designer, i draw massive buildings and commercial floor plans. As i get bored i start to crave for E. This slows me down at my job and i begin to feel "stupid". This is how i personally explain my stupidness from pills. I think it is true that pills make you stupid.
Thanx for listening
------------------
http://xtc-web.s5.com/
"Some thing is happening here, and you don't know what it is...."

One way or the other, Tlw20grl, you've got some balls, and I admire that. Stick to your guns and always stand up for what you feel is right.
smile.gif

Did anyone notice, that the girl on Oprah and MTV and CNBC are all the same chick! All these people go out every weekend and do E, and they can only find "1"! person to say it ruined there life. And just the fact of using ecstasy EVERY!day(Im sorry every couple days) Is retarded. Ive tripped in my life over a hundred times giving myself at least a 2week rest, plus boosts w/5htp and I can honestly say I have no side effects, and I have not done x in over 2 months
------------------
Smoke it, Bump it, Stick it up your ass!

^^^^Excellent interview, btw...
Tlw20grl, now that you are off drugs and trying to show people how unhealthy some of their decisions about E can be, it might be helpful if you went out and got some factual information about the substances you're talking about. No offense intended, but you once said that when you were doing E, you didn't really know all that much about it. From all the rest of your posts on this thread and others, it really sounds like you still don't know that much about it. For example, heroin has NEVER been found in all the thousands+ pills that have been seized by the DEA, foreign law enforcement, anonymous pill testing labs, basically anywhere in the entire world. Pills are generally cut with cheaper substances than MDMA, not more expensive and a greater legal risk like heroin. It just doesn't happen, no matter what you might think. And in reponse to what you said in a previous post about "overdosing from too many milligrams of MDMA," the lethal dose of MDMA is thought to be somewhere around the neighborhood of 40 (pure) pills at a time (this quote last came from Emanuel Sferios of Dancesafe, the number might not be exact but you get the point). People RARELY overdose from MDMA, despite what the media says. More often, they dehydrate from dancing all night in hot clubs and not drinking enough water. Or sometimes overhydrate from drinking too much water. Thirdly, it is certainly possible (even today) to find a pill that is pure MDMA. "Pure" just means that there are no other ACTIVE ingredients. I don't know if you know this, but just about every pill in existence, from aspirin to E, has some inactive ingredients in them called "binders" to make it stay in pill form. So your comment that MDMA doesn't "bind" to a pill form, although correct, is meaningless. "Crumbly" pills don't mean that there's a lot of MDMA in a pill. It could mean that there isn't enough binder present. Or maybe someone took a hammer to it to make people think there's more MDMA in it and pay more for a stronger pill. ;-)
Once again I encourage you, even though you're not doing drugs anymore, if you are going to be sending messages to people out there "educating" them on the dangers of E use, PLEASE, PLEASE have the responsibility to research and know what you're talking about! Otherwise you're just going to get flamed (which is never fun) and your message is going to be ignored by the people who most need it!
Some places to start:
www.erowid.org: Unbiased information about every drug you've ever heard of, and a lot you haven't. www.dancesafe.org: Harm reduction group that focuses on ecstasy use in the rave scene.
...Or you could follow the suggestions all over this site and read the FAQs here! There's a lot of really good information that might save you some embarrassment in the future.
------------------
Harlequin

Harlequin:
Thanks for your reply....I read this article all about E, its in one of my earlier replies...This article really helped me understand E a little bit better...You may be right about me not knowing alot about E my self, because so many different people tell me so many things about it and I read about it and its like well I hear or read bad stuff...or I read or hear good stuff...Its really complicated......
THANKS

Also, Ecstacy does not effect everybody different in dramatic ways. We all get the same side effects. Ecstacy and Addiction makes it so everything seems great and that Ecstacy can solve anything, that you can do ANYTHING while on Ecstacy.
Actually RapidProgression, it made me feel like I could do ANYTHING while OFF ecstacy!
And I can dammit
biggrin.gif

This is a big difference I personally have found with mdma compared to other drugs I have tried. It did change my overall outlook on life in a very positive way. This does not go away when I don't have e! (of course if it is abused, these positive effects may be negated).
Also, ecstacy does effect everyone differently, just as everyone reason for taking it is different. Everyone's usage patterns are MAJORLY different, so everyone obviously does not get the same side effects.
As for addiction to non-physical addictive drugs, people who have this problem would probably abuse something else (alcohol, food, etc), if ecstacy wasn't available, so the problem is the drive of addiction, not the substance the person is abusing.
Last very important point - Harlequin, nice comments, Bluelight was not meant for one as intelligent as thee
smile.gif

The people with personal perspective into their own minds and abilities, and who moderate, will be able to notice the gradual changes that ecstasy causes even in extreme moderation.
Those that don't notice the changes are obviously not afforded such insight or subconsciously choose to ignore it.
Oprah's a twat, but ecstasy is not by any means a safe drug.