Let's talk about BREAKS baby!

Sonicnature,

It seemed to me that people in the other forums (not this one) enjoy trance the most. It was just an impression I got. Of course you having almost 3000 posts and me 56, of course you have a better idea of things on the bluelight. Like I said, it was my first impression, and of course I expect different genres to be discussed in the music forums.

Yeah breaks definatly rock, although they are nothing like they were in 95 to 2000 era. That was when breaks were at their prime in my opinion, although i do like the progressive stuff coming out now... very good. I also recently started spinning some more house into my sets PM me for a copy of my most recent set.

I am simply appalled that only 1 person has mentioned Krafty Kuts. Good work 'The Great Gazoo'.

Breakbeats is my favourite form of music. Im out every week hitting the brighton england breaks scene. Mainly at Audio nightclub, and on a wednesday at their event called 'Supercharged'. Its a weekly night hosted by Krafty Kuts and Skool of Thought.

So far ive seen these people/groups play there. Most sets have been awesome.

Krafty Kuts
Skool of Thought
Infusion (Aussie breaks group)
Evil Nine
Kid Kenobi
General Midi (not to be mistaken with the Midfield General)
Plump Dj's
K-Swing
Breakfastaz
Rennie Pilgrim
Stanton Warriors (seen twice and both times mixing with cds :( )
The Freestylers
Sneaky
Stealzawheelz

A-Skillz is playing on wednesday night, doing a duo, 4turntable mix with Krafty Kuts.

Last edited:
ozsteveo said:
A-Skillz is playing on wednesday night, doing a duo, 4turntable mix with Krafty Kuts.

That will be fat, I wish A skillz was with krafty when he came down ere, because his set probably would have been good, when i saw him i was dissapoitned, heard all the tracks a million times before, just bored of all the "big" tunes, they are all the same and after a while, unless your totally off it (and sometimes even when you are), they just get boring.

Yeah breaks!

I like most every kind of breaks out there to some extent.

Some of my fav artists: Infusion (Fuck yeah! they're great at house too)
Freeland
Plump Dj's
Crystal Method
Moguai
Evil Nine (<--- they have a super-bassy song called "Technology" that's awesome)
Rennie Pilgrim

The list goes on...

yucatanboy said:
Evil Nine (<--- they have a super-bassy song called "Technology" that's awesome)

found on MARINE PARADE #10, released in 2001.
this is one record that never leaves my bag.

ozsteveo said:
I am simply appalled that only 1 person has mentioned Krafty Kuts. Good work 'The Great Gazoo'.

Breakbeats is my favourite form of music. Im out every week hitting the brighton england breaks scene. Mainly at Audio nightclub, and on a wednesday at their event called 'Supercharged'. Its a weekly night hosted by Krafty Kuts and Skool of Thought.

So far ive seen these people/groups play there. Most sets have been awesome.

Krafty Kuts
Skool of Thought
Infusion (Aussie breaks group)
Evil Nine
Kid Kenobi
General Midi (not to be mistaken with the Midfield General)
Plump Dj's
K-Swing
Breakfastaz
Rennie Pilgrim
Stanton Warriors (seen twice and both times mixing with cds :( )
The Freestylers
Sneaky
Stealzawheelz

Never been (coz I'm from Aussie land) but I'm on their mailing list... I get Super Jealous every week just looking at who's playing.... Also, the Fabric line up makes my balls tingle

Choon of the day..... Blowfelt - Ardcore (white)

fuckin' wicked.... I heard this on the Ils Y4K recently (did I mention I'm supporting ILS on NYD?).... /me is in love.... <3

Krafty Kuts is the fucking don! Going to see him in a fortnight with Tiefschwarz. It's gonna be muahassive

A-SkillZ and Krafty Kuts were awesome!!! I met A-Skillz in the vip room right after he did his set, he was nice enough to do a foto op :)

You can see Krafty Kuts (just barely) in the background,, hes got headphones on mixing up a set.

CIMG03221.jpg

I have just gotten in to breaks in the last few months.
Saw rennie pilgrem, a skillz, mc chickaboo, freestylers at an event a while ago, breaks won me over that night.

Caught deekline and wizard two nights ago, as well as a propeller heads set. Very impressed with deekline!

Breaks sets? try
www.ibreaks.co.uk
J bass posts his mixes on teknoscape from time to time, and they are pretty cool.

^^^ OK so you must be a Melb-head

ozsteveo: Yeah dude, a'skills is mad.... I saw him a few months ago on a Wednesday night... Wicked DJ

Melb-head.. havent heard that one before. But I am from melbourne, though living in brighton england now for 5 months...

I was talking to Juvenile as the gigs he has been to have just been here in the last few months.... then again he could've seen them somewhere else on their tour I s'pose.

si begg
carbon community
lo-budg
cold fusion mafia
jr hacksaw
kraddy
bassnectar
soteg
and loads more