• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Le Junk's Cocaine Purification Megathread v. The Final Word

WarrenZevon said:
Dear Le,

Lets say someone needed ALOT of acetone and just dried it with anhydrous magnesium sulphate. Imagine they need to pour off (no eye droppers here) a lot but need to keep the 'wet' white gunky magnesium sulphate OUT / seperate from the fine acetone. What would you suggest? Just doing smaller batches? Would it be possible to filter out the gunk?

Finally - how much epsom salts do you need to dry 'x' amount of OTC acetone?

Thanks For Dealing With Lamers Like Me,

WZ

30-40 grams of mag. sulph. per 1 liter of acetone. Shake thoroughly for a few minutes and then filter while covered into a seperate container. Make sure you use a low flow filter paper for this procedure. You don't want anything but the acetone getting thru.

later, Le Junk :)

How to filter a full bottle of acetone

Le Junk said:
Yes, it's true! ;)

Le Junk

Le Junk - You Are A God!

And yet I keep coming up with lame questions like this:

If we filtered the whole acetone bottle - could we still get away with coffee filters in a funnel?

I would guess a plastic funnel would contaminate?

I don't think I have seen any glass (or even metal) funnels...

What to do?
I guess from your last post we will need REAL lab equiptment

With Reverent Thanks!

WZ

Last edited:
WarrenZevon said:
Le Junk - You Are A God!

And yet I keep coming up with lame questions like this:

If we filtered the whole acetone bottle - could we still get away with coffee filters in a funnel?

I would guess a plastic funnel would contaminate?

I don't think I have seen any glass (or even metal) funnels...

What to do?

With Reverent Thanks!

WZ

If your talkin' about after your done with the filtering part, yes, coffee filters would be just fine for the procedure. And a plastic funnel from any auto parts store would be fine. Your filter will provide plenty of seperation between the acetone and the funnel. Anything else? ;)

Le Junk

Lamers ask these kinds of questions...

Le Junk said:
If your talkin' about after your done with the filtering part, yes, coffee filters would be just fine for the procedure. And a plastic funnel from any auto parts store would be fine. Your filter will provide plenty of seperation between the acetone and the funnel. Anything else? ;)

Le Junk

Sadly - I am talking about filtering to save the good acetone after drying with one of the above methods - particularly your WONDERFULLY SIMPLE Red Devil Lye method.

I should be paying you for this - and possibly doing so in private.

Please pardon me and -
THANK YOU!

WZ

WarrenZevon said:
Sadly - I am talking about filtering to save the good acetone after drying with one of the above methods - particularly your WONDERFULLY SIMPLE Red Devil Lye method.

I should be paying you for this - and possibly doing so in private.

Please pardon me and -
THANK YOU!

WZ

NO, for filtering out the goo, you'll definitely need low flow filter papers. After that, coffee filter papers are fine for the process of cleaning the blow.........

Le Junk ;)

Filtering After Sodium Hydroxide Drying?

Le Junk said:
NO, for filtering out the goo, you'll definitely need low flow filter papers. After that, coffee filter papers are fine for the process of cleaning the blow.........

Le Junk ;)

Re: add about 100 ml.s of sodium hydroxide per every 1 liter of acetone, shake and then filter.

Same for this Red Devil Lye method? It leaves goo?

I guess my question is -

after drying with the above sodium hydroxide method:

Can we do a quick and dirty filtering?

Or

Is a slow / low filter still required?

Finally, I found the MSDS for the Klean-Strip Acetone that Le Junk suggested.
www.ece.rutgers.edu/~ece428/MSDS/Acetone MSDS.pdf
http://www.wmbarr.com/product.aspx?catid=33&prodid=125

How many ways can it be said that you are a God!

This stuff is 100.0 - 95.0 pure!
Why bother with 'drying'? (unless your can has been opened and used over several months)

Amazing!

THANKS!
WZ

PS I am just curious as hell - what are we filtering out from the above method - that is - what precipitates out that needs filtering when you add sodium hydroxide to acetone and shake?
(Talking to myself: Wouldn't crystal lye absorb the water - but then become a liquid? I wonder what it looks like in acetone?
If filtering out the lye and water requires low flow - I don't suppose an entire box of coffee filters would help...Besides - wouldn't the acetone re-hydrate if open to the air for that long?)

Sorry all - this newbie LOVES learning all this stuff...

As you can see my invaluable Le Junk - we newbies SERIOUSLY missed you!:\

Last edited:
Klean-Strip Acetone

Someone I know gave it a try tonight.

They used Klean-Strip Acetone Straight Up.
No effort was made to dry it.

Two potential errors.
As the mouth of the funnel was very wide - a paper towel was first put in as a 'liner'.
3 coffee filters sat on top.

At first my buddy was lazy and not only did a POOR job of turning his chunks into fine powder (frankly sizable chunks went into the beaker) - but he may have used too much for the size of the beaker!

To compensate - he did the wash about 4 or 5 times! Went through a full ltr - but it was fun spilling the Klean-Strip.

Now this guy is a klutz and he told me he was VERY glad he wore the proper gloves. S--t happens - he will probably get safety glasses for next time. He also strongly advises other reckless newbies to get a good eye dropper. Without one - the acetone is messy to pour - so a lot of good stuff stays in the beaker.

The biggest challenge was finding a container to hold the monster funnel securely. A cheap metallic vase with lattice work at the top was perfectly snug while permitting air to be displaced. The stability, weight and center of gravity - as well as how much acetone it could hold - all needed improvement. Home Depot had two kinds of funnels; extra stout or extra large. A bottom heavy glass jug or bottle with a wide mouth would have been great. How to keep the funnel secure in a glass is beyond me.

He will let me know the results in 48 hours.
I will pass it on.

If this guy could do it - anyone can.
Le Junk Is A God.

WZ

The Next Bold Step!

epote said:
ok from simplest to most complex:

acetone wash

acetone wash+ether wash+clorophorm extraction

acid base extraction

acid base extraction with oxidizition of the base via potassium permanganate

acid base extraction with oxidizition of the base via potassium permanganate and recrystallization of the base via petroleum ether

So my friend wants to take it to the next level.

He knows:

1) How to make proper base
2) Find potassium permanganate in a fish store
3) Wash the base in water
4) That base mixed with acetone will precipitate back to salt if HCL is carefully added.

His limitations:

1) Has no clue WHEN, HOW (even how much) and at what step to use potassium permanganate!
2) Has no clue what QUANTITY or CONCENTRATION of HCL to add to his solution of base in acetone - OR HOW MUCH base to acetone he should use.
3) Will not touch a non-polar stronger than Zippo (likewise has no idea where when or how he might use it in the "process" (It sounded like a bad idea to me)

So this guy asks ME to HELP!
As I have NO idea - I agreed to ask for the info he needs in this thread...

Anyone?

THANKS!

WZ

PS For what it is worth - to whomever - I read that ALL the cocaine present in dry leaves could be extracted by / into ETOH just at the point it boils. God only knows how to isolate it from there.

PPS I can only imagine adding an unknown amount of permanganate to freebase in water to separate out unwanted alkaloids. If so - how to filter out the bad and keep the good? (Still no clue about quantities or reaction time either). Details, Numbers, Concentrations, Ratios - ALL SO CRITICAL!

Last edited:
1) How to make proper base

the whole reasoning behind adding slowly ammonia in order for the cuts to react first is bogus.

1) it doesnt work that way, if its there its there and it will precipitate, end of story
2) the famous pictures posted on another board "proving" that theory (which was stupidly perpetuated by me) are fucking idiotic. Seriously, the stuff that is seen picking up on the rod is just trans and cinamoyl cocaines (and some base) from an unoxidised base.

What you need to do to produce base is just add the ammonia solution trying not to go over ph 11 since the ammonia will atack the oxygen and destroy the cocaine.

to make this clear, if there are baseable cuts in your cocaine NOTHING you can reasonably do will get rid of them, there is no need to add slowly the ammonia besides ph control

3) Wash the base in water

the only reason to use more than 10-20ml of water per gram of cocaine is if you suspect caffeine. In any case, for every 100ml of water you loose 0.17gr of cocaine. The procedure i have outlined and is outlined by lejunk and that other dude in the other board with the 60ml of water is WRONG (less you have caffeine that is)

4) That base mixed with acetone will precipitate back to salt if HCL is carefully added.

no it wont, using acetone and hcl acid alone wont work, the base is too soluble and no nucleus forms thus no cocaine hcl crystals. You need an alcohol or non polar solvent in there to force the crystals out of solution.

1) Has no clue WHEN, HOW (even how much) and at what step to use potassium permanganate!

oxidizing is tricky to say the least. For starters one sould use a saturated solution of KMnO4 (that is 6%). Everything sould be chiled, no more than 4C at any point so refrigerate and use an ice bath.

Theory goes that at temps lower than 4C the KMnO4 does not oxidize the cocaine molecule (though it atacks the rest, even novocaine will be atacked if present).

So one sould add dropwise (no more than 1ml at a time) KMnO4. The reaction will raise the temperature so if too much is used one runs the risk of overixidizing. Add 1ml (or less) every 5mins (no less than that, it takes time, a lot of time). When everything becomes red (actually red) and does not loose that red color after 30mins the oxidizition is done.

One either filters out the precipitate or uses oxalic acid to neutralize. Filtering is easier.

2) Has no clue what QUANTITY or CONCENTRATION of HCL to add to his solution of base in acetone - OR HOW MUCH base to acetone he should use.

Just use a stoichiometric amount (to help you molecular weight of cocaine is 303.53 and of hcl acid is 36.46. If you cant figure that out you sould not attempt the procedure.

3) Will not touch a non-polar stronger than Zippo (likewise has no idea where when or how he might use it in the "process" (It sounded like a bad idea to me)

ether helps because it tends to clean the base quite alot and because it gives a visual reaction (turns white) but is not needed. The same thing can be done with isopropyl alcohol or methanol or even ethanol (just has to be anhydrous). Dissolve the base in acetone, add a 1:2 amount of hcl acid/methanol or IPA (or 1:1 hcl acid/ethanol) and you are good. Just wait it out, because no white cloud forms. Crystallization out of ether takes like 3h depending on conditions out of an alcohol type solvent more like 5h. But the crystals tend to be bigger (good for looks bad for trapped solvents)

I read that ALL the cocaine present in dry leaves could be extracted by / into ETOH just at the point it boils. God only knows how to isolate it from there.

NO, the procedure does not require boiling or anything. One just needs water with ph in the region of 10 and some non pollar solvent (kerosene works, that is something in the C5-C20 hydrocarbons region). Then one extracts cocaine base from the kerosene via sulfuric acid (5% W/W with water), oxidizes and precipitates base with ammonia.

Its rather easy if some chemistry is known and materials can be acquired. SWIM heard that the difference between oxidized cocaine HCL and unoxidized cocaine HCL extracted in that manner (which is basicaly the jungle lab way and is the starting point of the benzyl ecgonine->cocaine convertion used by pharmaceuticals) is night and day;) But i wouldnt know. Swim does though

Details, Numbers, Concentrations, Ratios - ALL SO CRITICAL!

no they are not...any numbers you can figure out by yourself if you care to google a bit. Other than that if a dude with no shoes in a jungle in peru can do it using three buckets, a bed sheet and a broom stick you can do it...

Failed Wash? How To Fix?

WarrenZevon said:
Someone I know gave it a try tonight.

They used Klean-Strip Acetone Straight Up.
No effort was made to dry it.

Two potential errors.
As the mouth of the funnel was very wide - a paper towel was first put in as a 'liner'.
3 coffee filters sat on top.

At first my buddy was lazy and not only did a POOR job of turning his chunks into fine powder (frankly sizable chunks went into the beaker) - but he may have used too much for the size of the beaker!

To compensate - he did the wash about 4 or 5 times! Went through a full ltr - but it was fun spilling the Klean-Strip.

Now this guy is a klutz and he told me he was VERY glad he wore the proper gloves. S--t happens - he will probably get safety glasses for next time. He also strongly advises other reckless newbies to get a good eye dropper. Without one - the acetone is messy to pour - so a lot of good stuff stays in the beaker.

The biggest challenge was finding a container to hold the monster funnel securely. A cheap metallic vase with lattice work at the top was perfectly snug while permitting air to be displaced. The stability, weight and center of gravity - as well as how much acetone it could hold - all needed improvement. Home Depot had two kinds of funnels; extra stout or extra large. A bottom heavy glass jug or bottle with a wide mouth would have been great. How to keep the funnel secure in a glass is beyond me.

He will let me know the results in 48 hours.
I will pass it on.

If this guy could do it - anyone can.
Le Junk Is A God.

WZ

I just got a discouraging report...

At 35 hours of drying time - I am told that the result BURNS nose and throat.
Much harsher than unwashed source!

Worse - the result looks nothing like diamonds or pearls. I am told it looks like bits that are matte white.

Any ideas what happened or how to fix it?

THANKS!

WZ

who knows what kind of crap it contains:(

you could try extracting out of water, though it takes a very long time to evaporate...

dissolve it in 2ml of water per gr of cocaine, filter anything that remains, wash the water with an imiscible non polar solvent (kerosene perhaps) and let it evaporate, if it still stings seriously its not cocaine in there.

the reason it stings is possibly the fact that some acetone soluble cut dulled the pain

Help!

epote said:
who knows what kind of crap it contains:(

you could try extracting out of water, though it takes a very long time to evaporate...

dissolve it in 2ml of water per gr of cocaine, filter anything that remains, wash the water with an imiscible non polar solvent (kerosene perhaps) and let it evaporate, if it still stings seriously its not cocaine in there.

the reason it stings is possibly the fact that some acetone soluble cut dulled the pain

Shockingly bad news!
I prey you are wrong on this one.

Could the use of so much / so many washes in the acetone explain the burn?

Re: "wash the water with an imiscible non polar solvent (kerosene perhaps) and let it evaporate"

Pardon my ignorance - would you please explain exactly how to do this?

My guess at how to do this would be wrong and as follows:

After filtering out any thing non-soluble in distilled water -
simply add 'x' (no concept of how much) amount of say, the 'quick-lite Starter Fluid' (What I have on hand that is most similar)
I have - then wait for total evap?

God - I DREAD messing up your suggestion!

For what it is worth - I dissolved 1 gram in water, filtered and added more water.

Frankly it looked like clear nail polish making thin, complex, clear swirls.
After several minutes the swirls appeared to 'dissolve' and water looks clear.

Could this be due to a ton of acetone still in the coke?

Dear Epote,

I have the greatest respect for your knowledge.
Please think this one through one more time?

I give more details below.

Can you think of any other possible explanation, test or remedy?

THANK YOU for any further thoughts or direction!

I sure hope you or Le Junk can help save my 'White' Christmas!

More detail about the products taste, smell and appearance:

Visually, the washed sample crushes to a fine matte white powder.
When 'tapped' on the 'tilted glossy paper plate' - tiny bits do roll down to the bottom.
Sadly - these bits were also matte white.

Two people tasted (with their tongues) the washed VS. the unwashed source coke.

In the nose - both smelled nothing in the washed sample and both felt a very significant 'Burning'.
The first taster noticed a slight benzene smell that vanished after the wash.

As regards only taste we clearly have a batch with a 'chemical taste' that in the washed sample (which has only 5 of 48 hours remaining to 'dry') becomes very pronounced.

One described BOTH samples as 'Metallic' or 'Very Chemical' tasting.
This same person differentiated the washed product as tasting more 'Pungent' with a generally stronger taste.

Both tasters found the numbing sensation in the washed product to be more pleasant and 'soft'

The second taster described the washed as "More Chemical than any tasted before - an almost toxic taste".
They further described the taste as 'acidic' (but felt no burn on their tongue).
A 'petroleum' taste was noticed in the washed sample that was simply NOT noticed by 'taster number one'.

The second taster simply described the unwashed as having 'less taste'.

What is this - and what can be done to fix it?

I Am Indebted,

WZ

Last edited:
its hard to say like this mate...

an acetone wash rarely if ever lowers the quality of cocaine...

There could be a number of reasons for the burn...

acetone by itself if the cocaine is still acetone wet (but after 48h it souldnt be) does tend to burn but you would notice the acetone smell, its very distinctive.

other than that the reasons it might sting are numerous, one as likely as the other. What concerns me though its that it burns AFTER the wash, what this tells me is that there was something acetone soluble that masked the burn (pehaps some -caine base? Though they are not water soluble if they where in large enough amounts there is the chance that some gets absorbed by the mucous and does numb you), or something else that just dilluted whatever is that causes the burn so you didnt feel it.

I dont know man, are you sure there even is cocaine in there?

Imho you sould A/B extract it and hope for the best, because prety much anything else will still leave you with whatever is that stings in there...

To a/b extract or at least TEST to see if there is anything resembling cocaine in there go buy some ammonia (hardware ammonia, nothing fancy just make sure it doesnt have oils and scents).

dissolve a bit of cocaine (half a gram) in 10ml of water in a sufficiently small container and ad a couple of drops of ammonia it sould turn white. If you keep adding ammonia in small increments at some point there will be a white precipitate forming on the stiring rod and sides of the container. If you get that thats cocaine along with any baseable matterial.

you can filter it out and collect it and either eat it for the cocaine high or do a crystallization to get cocaine hcl.

the crystallization goes like this:

dissolve cocaine base in acetone (10ml acetone per gr of cocaine base)
mix 0.25ml hcl acid 38% per gram of cocaine base with the same amount of 190 proof alcohol

mix everything together and wait 3-4 hours filter out the crystals and voila cocaine hcl.

its your best bet seriously...
Re: "wash the water with an imiscible non polar solvent (kerosene perhaps) and let it evaporate"

Pardon my ignorance - would you please explain exactly how to do this?

sorry for that:p what i mean is this, dissolve cocaine in water (use as little water as possible to avoid waiting too long. Imho 10ml of water per gram of cocaine hcl is enough. To avoid filtering the water (because with 10ml water per gr of cocaine the losses simply due to the filter paper absorbing water will be huge) just add to the water a water imiscilbe non pollar solvent (paraffin oil sould work) shake the shit out of it, and let it seperate it will form two layers. With an eydroper or smt remove the non pollar solvent (which sould have extracted any non water soluble impurities) and let the water evaporate (or precipitate the cocaine by adding ammonia or smt)

Sorry if my posts are not easy to follow, ill right something for the layman as soon as i can...

HELP! And Thank You!

epote said:
...Imho you sould A/B extract it and hope for the best, because prety much anything else will still leave you with whatever is that stings in there...

To a/b extract or at least TEST to see if there is anything resembling cocaine in there go buy some ammonia (hardware ammonia, nothing fancy just make sure it doesnt have oils and scents).

dissolve a bit of cocaine (half a gram) in 10ml of water in a sufficiently small container and ad a couple of drops of ammonia it sould turn white. If you keep adding ammonia in small increments at some point there will be a white precipitate forming on the stiring rod and sides of the container. If you get that thats cocaine along with any baseable matterial.

you can filter it out and collect it and either eat it for the cocaine high or do a crystallization to get cocaine hcl.

the crystallization goes like this:

dissolve cocaine base in acetone (10ml acetone per gr of cocaine base)
mix 0.25ml hcl acid 38% per gram of cocaine base with the same amount of 190 proof alcohol

mix everything together and wait 3-4 hours filter out the crystals and voila cocaine hcl.

its your best bet seriously...

sorry for that:p what i mean is this, dissolve cocaine in water (use as little water as possible to avoid waiting too long. Imho 10ml of water per gram of cocaine hcl is enough. To avoid filtering the water (because with 10ml water per gr of cocaine the losses simply due to the filter paper absorbing water will be huge) just add to the water a water imiscilbe non pollar solvent (paraffin oil sould work) shake the shit out of it, and let it seperate it will form two layers. With an eydroper or smt remove the non pollar solvent (which sould have extracted any non water soluble impurities) and let the water evaporate (or precipitate the cocaine by adding ammonia or smt)

Sorry if my posts are not easy to follow, ill right something for the layman as soon as i can...

I understand:

* We will be dissolving each gram of our base in 10ml of acetone.
* We will later mix this acetone/coke solution with a alcohol/hcl solution.
* Our alcohol/hcl solution will be of equal parts (using 190 proof alcohol + 38% hcl)

I am not clear on:

* Exactly how much of our alcohol/hcl solution we will be needing and using?

How much alcohol/hcl solution will we use relative to each gram of cocaine base we are starting out with?

As regards washing with a non-polar solvent:

* What would be a list of easy to attain OTC products I could get away with using?
* Zippo Lighter Fluid?
* My Generic Charcoal Starter Fluid?
* A Starter Fluid you know is great quality

Re: 190 Proof alcohol

Any suggestions on finding 190 proof alcohol?
Must it be ethel alcohol?
Does 190 proof translate to a purity percentage?
MUST IT BE ANHYDROUS? If so - how to find or make it?
Are any adulterants used to 'denature' alcohol acceptable?
What is "smt" that you refer to?

The wash was tasted today. Report was:
"a strong chemical taste that is somewhat sweet"?
What tastes like that?

Finally,

I don't want the Gods to slay me for hubris - let me run this tempting, elegant and unorthodox basification method I saw by you?

(I would risk using draino crystals to sub for suggested Red Devil Lye):

"The easiest way to change cocaine hcl into the freebase is through
the use of lye or NaOH crystals. Get a glass cigar tube and put around 1/2
gram to 1 gram of cocaine hcl in the tube. Add enough water to fill the tube up to about 2/3 of the way full. Then add NaOH, crystal by
crystal, swirling the test tube around. After a few crystals, depending on the amount of cocaine HCl in the tube, you will eventually begin to
see a large rock form at the bottom of the tube."

Thank you profoundly for this effort and time of yours!

Respectfully,
WZ

Last edited:
muse sicko said:
Is there any locally available and non-eyebrow-raising source for sodium hydroxide? Le Junk... little help here!;)

Yes.

Find Red Devil Lye Crystals.

Do NOT try the liquid form of Red Devil as it has no Lye.

I could only find Drano Crystals.
While Drano has lye in it - they DO NOT list what else is in there.

Does any one know?

I would only count on Red Devil.

WZ

WZ,

I'd like to add that your clumsy friend using the entire liter of simple hardware store acetone was the final reason you lost all of your actual cocaine. Always remember these numbers; just .05 ml.s of water will dissolve an entire gram of coke. How many ml.s of water and/or alcohol do you think were in that entire can of hardware store acetone anyway? Probably more than enough to dissolve all of your actual cocaine I would bet.

Secondly, extracting cocaine thru water when finished can be dried and recystallized thru a very crude, yet thorough method of blowing drying off the excess water portion within minutes. After blow drying off the excess water, you'll notice the consistency has changed to just an oil. Once this happens, blow dry on cool for a minute or two and while a friend holds the blow dryer on cool over the glass pie plate containing the cocaine oil, simply take your index finger and go around and around in circles in the oil water. Within about 1-2 minutes, it will immediately change from an oily goo to a bleach white final product. Once this happens, stop using the blow dryer and just simply continue to rub your same index finger lightly over the entire plate in an effort to finish drying off the cocaine.

Once completely dry, simply use a stainless steel razor blade and start scraping from the outside of the pie plate inwards until it's all scraped up. It will be much more brilliant in appearance too!

There ya' go. Cocaine extraction thru water completed in just 5 easy minutes!

courtesy of, Le Junk

P.S. Just periodically checking in. Epote, congrats on a nice continuing follow-thru, my friend! ;)

I understand:

* We will be dissolving each gram of our base in 10ml of acetone.
* We will later mix this acetone/coke solution with a alcohol/hcl solution.
* Our alcohol/hcl solution will be of equal parts (using 190 proof alcohol + 38% hcl)

I am not clear on:

* Exactly how much of our alcohol/hcl solution we will be needing and using?

How much alcohol/hcl solution will we use relative to each gram of cocaine base we are starting out with?

As regards washing with a non-polar solvent:

* What would be a list of easy to attain OTC products I could get away with using?
* Zippo Lighter Fluid?
* My Generic Charcoal Starter Fluid?
* A Starter Fluid you know is great quality

Re: 190 Proof alcohol

Any suggestions on finding 190 proof alcohol?
Must it be ethel alcohol?
Does 190 proof translate to a purity percentage?
MUST IT BE ANHYDROUS? If so - how to find or make it?
Are any adulterants used to 'denature' alcohol acceptable?
What is "smt" that you refer to?

Finally, the wash was tasted today. Report was:
"a strong chemical taste that is somewhat sweet"?
What tastes like that?

Thank you profoundly for this effort and time of yours!

Respectfully,
WZ

ok lets take this in baby steps.

* if you are to perform an acid base extraction (that is going to base and then to hcl) you will not need to do any non polar washes or anything like that.

So Performing an acid base extraction

1)get some ammonia and dillute it enough to have a 10% sollution. For example if your ammonia is 25% for every 10ml of 25% ammonia you should add 15ml of distiled water - you can get ammonia at wall mart or smt...any hardware store.
2)dissolve the adultered cocaine in 20ml of water per gram of cocaine. Filter out any impurities that remain in solution. ALWAYS wash the filter with some more water (say another 10ml per gram of base) so as to not loose any cocaine.
3)start adding ammonia to the cocaine/water solution. Dont add too fast because you could overshoot the ph. When the ph reaches 11 stop adding ammonia (just buy ph testing strips, they are dirt cheep raise no suspitions). You could always go by eye, meaning that when the water smells strongly of ammonia you sould stop adding.
4)filter out the precipitate and let it dry (it takes time)

5) dissolve the *dry* precipitate in acetone (10ml per gr of base) filter out any impurities and let the acetone dry up in plate or smt. Scrap of the crystalls that will form and weigh them
6) dissolve the weighted cocaine base in 10ml of acetone per gr of base (this time no impurities will remain undissolved because you filtered them out in the last step)
7)prepare a solution of 0.25ml 37-38% hcl acid per gr of base and an equal amount of 190 proof (at least) alcohol.
8)swirl everything a bit and mix em. Let them crystallize for 4 hours and then filter out the crystalls, wash with some more acetone and your good.

190proof alcohol in that idiotic us system means its 95% pure. I believe in the states its called everclear? Thats as pure as alcohol can get without special drying techniques, but you will be using too little anyway so not much cocaine will be lost.

using "chemicaly pure" methanol or IPA would be better though.

as far as non pollars go. If all you want to do is wash a cocaine/water solution just use parafin oil (kerosene). Or use petroleum ether, its not suspitious to buy, its a very versatile solvent.

so that would go like this:

dissolve cocaine hcl in as little water as possible (10ml per gr of cocaine at most). Add an equal amount of petr ether shake the shit out of it, let is stand to seperate and remove the petr ether. Then evaporate the water (NO HEAT!) and collect the crystalls, hopefully it will be better than before...

hopefully...

the "smt" was refering to any alkali basicaly...(lol at the pun)

clarification!!

Ok folks. I think the information is getting smeared all over this thread like Vegemite on toast... or is it just my fragile little mind getting smeared?? Someone want to put it all in one nice little post again?