• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Le Junk's Cocaine Purification Megathread v. The Final Word

lilmadox said:
meh I wish coke wasnt $300/g in Australia, that totally turns me off it for obvious reasons, plus I hear the quality is very mediocore these days anyway

8o Wow, that's insane!

The person who is quoting the merck index here is not the person whom created the bluelight screename kij, it is an impostor who has commandeered his computer. Look at the solubilities
Derivative Type: Hydrochloride
Additional Names: Cocaine muriate
Molecular Formula: C17H21NO4.HCl
Molecular Weight: 339.82.
Percent Composition: C 60.09%, H 6.53%, N 4.12%, O 18.83%, Cl 10.43%
Properties: Crystals, granules, or powder; saline, slightly bitter taste; numbs tongue and lips. mp ~195°. [a]D -72° (c = 2 in aq soln pH 4.5). One gram dissolves in 0.4 ml water; 3.2 ml cold, 2 ml hot alcohol; 12.5 ml chloroform. Also sol in glycerol, acetone. Insol in ether or oils.

Im not sure if this has been brought up already... if it has i apologize...

Last edited:
This is the merck info on amphetamine, once again the person whom created this screen name is not the one breaking copyright laws by entering this information on amphetamine.
Derivative Type: Sulfate
CAS Registry Number: 60-13-9
Trademarks: Benzedrine (SKB)
Molecular Formula: (C9H13N)2.H2SO4
Molecular Weight: 368.50.
Percent Composition: C 58.67%, H 7.66%, N 7.60%, S 8.70%, O 17.37%
Properties: White, odorless crystalline powder with slightly bitter taste. mp above 300° (dec). Freely sol in water (1:9); slightly sol in alcohol (about 1:500). A soln of 1 g/10 ml water has a pH 5-6. LD50 in mice, rats (mg/kg): 24.2, 55 orally (Behrendt, Deininger).
Melting point: mp above 300° (dec)
Toxicity data: LD50 in mice, rats (mg/kg): 24.2, 55 orally (Behrendt, Deininger)

Derivative Type: Phosphate
CAS Registry Number: 139-10-6
Trademarks: Actemin (Lazar); Aktedron (Chinoin)
Molecular Formula: C9H13N.H3PO4
Molecular Weight: 233.20.
Percent Composition: C 46.35%, H 6.92%, N 6.01%, P 13.28%, O 27.44%
Literature References: Prepn: Goggin, US 2507468 (1950 to Clark & Clark).
Properties: Crystals bitter taste. Sinters at about 150°. Dec around 300°. Freely sol in water. Slightly sol in alcohol. Practically insol in benzene, chloroform, ether. The pH of a 10% soln is about 4.6.

This is Ephedrine

CAS Registry Number: 50-98-6
Trademarks: Caniphedrin (Streuli)
Molecular Formula: C10H15NO.HCl
Molecular Weight: 201.70.
Percent Composition: C 59.55%, H 8.00%, N 6.94%, O 7.93%, Cl 17.58%
Properties: Fine, white, odorless crystals or powder, affected by light, mp 217-220°. [a]D25 -33 to -35.5° (c = 5). Freely sol in water; sol in alcohol. Practically insol in ether.
Melting point: mp 217-220°
Optical Rotation: [a]D25 -33 to -35.5° (c = 5)

Derivative Type: Sulfate
CAS Registry Number: 134-72-5
Trademarks: Isofedrol (Boerhinger, Mann.)
Molecular Formula: (C10H15NO)2.H2SO4
Molecular Weight: 428.55.
Percent Composition: C 56.05%, H 7.53%, N 6.54%, O 22.40%, S 7.48%
Properties: Fine, white, odorless crystals or powder. Darkens on exposure to light. mp 245° (dec). [a]D25 -30 to -32.5° (c = 5). Freely sol in water; sparingly sol in alcohol.
Melting point: mp 245° (dec)
Optical Rotation: [a]D25 -30 to -32.5° (c = 5)

Derivative Type: dl-Form
CAS Registry Number: 90-81-3
Additional Names: Racemic ephedrine; racephedrine
Properties: Crystals from chloroform-petr ether, mp 75°. Sol in water, alcohol, ether, chloroform, oils.
Melting point: mp 75°

Derivative Type: dl-Form hydrochloride
CAS Registry Number: 134-71-4
Additional Names: Racephedrine hydrochloride
Properties: Crystals from alcohol-acetone, mp 189°. One gram dissolves in 4 ml water, in about 40 ml of 95% alc at 20°. Practically insol in ether. pH about 6.
Melting point: mp 189°

kij said:
The person who is quoting the merck index here is not the person whom created the bluelight screename kij, it is an imposter who has commandeered his computer. Look at the solubilities
Additional Names: Cocaine muriate
Molecular Formula: C17H21NO4.HCl
Molecular Weight: 339.82.
Percent Composition: C 60.09%, H 6.53%, N 4.12%, O 18.83%, Cl 10.43%
Properties: Crystals, granules, or powder; saline, slightly bitter taste; numbs tongue and lips. mp ~195°. [a]D -72° (c = 2 in aq soln pH 4.5). One gram dissolves in 0.4 ml water; 3.2 ml cold, 2 ml hot alcohol; 12.5 ml chloroform. Also sol in glycerol, acetone. Insol in ether or oils.

Im not sure if this has been brought up already... if it has i apologize...

The Merke Index is incorrect with solubility to acetone. I know that is a bold statement, but true.

To verify this, one simply needs the use of a low flow filter paper, anhydrous acetone, 1 gram cocaine hydrochloride, a lab stand, funnel ring, glass funnel, 9 inch glass pie plate, 50 ml. glass beaker and a glass stir rod. Pour the cocaine hydrochloride into 20 ml.s of acetone (big amount of acetone considering it's supposedly entirely soluble), stir thoroughly and pour into the low flow filter paper placed inside of the glass funnel, supported by the funnel ring placed directly over the glass pie plate. Cover the filter/funnel during filtering. Collect and let the drained acetone, carrying with it the supposedly dissolved cocaine hydrochloride, and let properly evaporate. If the Merke Index is correct, after evaporation, the entire gram of cocaine crystals should be present on the pie plate and able to be easily seen and recollected.

I can promise you that not one single cocaine crystal will be present on the glass dish after evaporation. Not one! And that's pretty sad considering the results should be total recrystallization of the 1 gram of cocaine hydrochloride. The Merke Index states that cocaine hydrochloride is completely "soluble" in acetone, and not "sparingly" or "slightly". I can promise you that you will not find one crystal of cocaine hydrochloride on that dish after evaporation. The Merke Index is wrong on this and it should be corrected.

I completely stand behind this statement and challenge anyone disputing it to prove me wrong with actual and personal testing results.

Le Junk

Le Junk said:
The Merke Index is incorrect with solubility to acetone. I know that is a bold statement, but true.

To verify this, one simply needs the use of a low flow filter paper, anhydrous acetone, 1 gram cocaine hydrochloride, a lab stand, funnel ring, glass funnel, 9 inch glass pie plate, 50 ml. glass beaker and a glass stir rod. Pour the cocaine hydrochloride into 20 ml.s of acetone (big amount of acetone considering it's supposedly entirely soluble), stir thoroughly and pour into the low flow filter paper placed inside of the glass funnel, supported by the funnel ring placed directly over the glass pie plate. Cover the filter/funnel during filtering. Collect and let the drained acetone, carrying with it the supposedly dissolved cocaine hydrochloride, and let properly evaporate. If the Merke Index is correct, after evaporation, the entire gram of cocaine crystals should be present on the pie plate and able to be easily seen and recollected.

I can promise you that not one single cocaine crystal will be present on the glass dish after evaporation. Not one! And that's pretty sad considering the results should be total recrystallization of the 1 gram of cocaine hydrochloride. The Merke Index states that cocaine hydrochloride is completely "soluble" in acetone, and not "sparingly" or "slightly". I can promise you that you will not find one crystal of cocaine hydrochloride on that dish after evaporation. The Merke Index is wrong on this and it should be corrected.

I completely stand behind this statement and challenge anyone disputing it to prove me wrong with actual and personal testing results.

Le Junk

COCK FIGHT!!!

trust LJ he is the MJ of yay

Le Junk said:

Le Junk
I will agree with Le Junk...not from opinion but because my tight ass always kept the old chemicals that I washed cola with and let them evaporate...to look for cola crystals......and it was always just crap...I would suppose that using poor quality acetone with trace amounts of water would dissolve small amount..... but with good acetone its a nonissue......now the quality and amount of coke left after wash......may make a person think they lost some ......but if you start with crappy oxidized bad leaf...reused chemical processed cocaine....that is cut with devious stuff.....you will get back small amount of what you started with and its still not great8)

Merck index and solubility of C

I remember we discussed that a couple of years ago (maybe in this very thread). Fact is the Index says "...Also sol in glycerol, acetone. Insol in ether or oils" without mentioning a ratio. In other words it doesn't say "one gram is soluble in so-many ml acetone". Whenever it doesn't specify, it should be taken to mean to all intents and purposes that the solubility is very small. Of course the Index could've got it wrong altogether but as a general principle don't infer solubility if it doesn't state how much of a solvent is needed to dissolve one gram.

In the case of acetone of course it's the water, always present in residual amount, that we should worry about in point of solubility.

xxl said:
I remember we discussed that a couple of years ago (maybe in this very thread). Fact is the Index says "...Also sol in glycerol, acetone. Insol in ether or oils" without mentioning a ratio. In other words it doesn't say "one gram is soluble in so-many ml acetone". Whenever it doesn't specify, it should be taken to mean to all intents and purposes that the solubility is very small. Of course the Index could've got it wrong altogether but as a general principle don't infer solubility if it doesn't state how much of a solvent is needed to dissolve one gram.

In the case of acetone of course it's the water, always present in residual amount, that we should worry about in point of solubility.

^^^^Exactly what xxl said! ;) Okay, okay, I'm outta here! =D

Le Junk ;)

xxl said:

No. It's plain misinformatuion by Merck index. Cola hcl is NOT soluble in aceton. period

I have discovered a lot of plain wrong infos regarding solubility of drugs and thats not a coincidence I guess

epote said:
to make this clear, if there are baseable cuts in your cocaine NOTHING you can reasonably do will get rid of them, there is no need to add slowly the ammonia besides ph control

OK. Are lidocaine and other caines basable? Are legal pharamceuticals as Diltiazem basable? Is it possible to wash out the amphetamine base etc. with water afterwards? I guess no. So the whole procedure is a hype, that's what I fear......

oxidizing is tricky to say the least. For starters one sould use a saturated solution of KMnO4 (that is 6%). Everything sould be chiled, no more than 4C at any point so refrigerate and use an ice bath.

Great! And you add the KMnO4 solution to what? I mean you are adding this to the solved base in ether?

Great post BTW!!!

Le Junk said:
The whole process, once you understand it completely, takes roughly 30 minutes to perform. Then add on the waiting time for the crystals to form is another hour or so. So, 2 hours or less including wait time.

I know this is an almost 2 year old post, but 2 hours for the whole process? What about this quote from the instructions?

Now, this last step is very important. For your own health and for the true taste, feel and aesthetics of the newly cleaned cocaine, you must let it evaporate on it's own, still inside of the filter paper for at least 24 hours in a non-humid environment.

MaxPowers said:
I know this is an almost 2 year old post, but 2 hours for the whole process? What about this quote from the instructions?

"Performing" and "consumption" are two entirely seperate entities. ;)

Okay, I'm outta here................

Le Junk.........just browsing ;)

Last edited:
vanlier said:
Are lidocaine and other caines basable? Are legal pharamceuticals as Diltiazem basable?
Could someone with time on their hands and access to lidocaine or Diltiazem cook the latter into base ("crack"), then smoke the "crack" obtained to find out whether it has the effect associated with lidocaine or Diltiazem? That should settle the case.

It's great to know someone is here to step up and smoke crack when the situation arises.

^^^ who the hell are you anyway =D ? 2.5k posts, but i have never seen you around here? I usually know the people that troll OD, but you're not one of them. So where are you from?

Hello by the way :)

xxl said:
Could someone with time on their hands and access to lidocaine or Diltiazem cook the latter into base ("crack"), then smoke the "crack" obtained to find out whether it has the effect associated with lidocaine or Diltiazem? That should settle the case.

I'd imagine if you could actually rock up Lidocaine there wouldn't be much to get from it, besides an insta-cure for sore throat =D Now imagine that. Sucking down a puff of that stuff, and your whole torsor turns numb. That can't be good if it actually works. Like i heard Benzocaine is bad for you in high concentrations, i read that in connection with someone who died after ingesting a whole tube of Orajel. But that's bezocaine, and not Lidocaine.

rave23 said:
^^^ who the hell are you anyway =D ? 2.5k posts, but i have never seen you around here? I usually know the people that troll OD, but you're not one of them. So where are you from?

Hello by the way :)

2.8...and I'm around. I pop in and out, to excess and back. Hello.