Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Last movie you watched?

hudsucker proxy
for the first time

fucking awesome! :D

Saw half of super bad in the theater the other week, was pretty fucked up and really late so I don't remember it much..

Other than that, the last movie I watched was Howls Moving Castle as I fell asleep after tripping all night then eating some valium to come-down. Woke up a couple hours later and saw Paprika playing, then a couple hours later and Time Bandits was on (portable hdd enclosure, that can play movies, music, etc). Guess it just kept going through the list as I was sleeping, weird waking up to 2 fucked up ass movies, whilst falling asleep to a purely awesome one.

lots of weird movies cited. hudsucker proxy is classic cohen brothers. It's pretty damn funny too. Howl's Moving Castle is typically magical. and time bandits, the same! Such absurdity! So delightful!

strangedays.jpg

It was a lot better than I remembered. And the Juliette Lewis nudes scenes...Damn fine!

Fast Times at Ridgemont High

I rented it because my girlfriend has never seen it before (amazing for a 26 year old!). Classic.

PS: I never realized that Jeff Spicoli was played by Sean Penn until I watched the behind the scenes stuff on the DVD. I felt some uninformed. I guess the blond hair threw me off, but Penn's face is immediately recognizable once I realized it was him.

Zodiac

I thought it was good but too long. Also, I was expecting a kind of taught, suspenseful detective film but it wasn't. Chop an hour off the running time and it might be a bit better.

Sunshine

Visually spectacular, good cast, predictable storyline, awesome score (which hasn't been released but I cant wait till either it does or Underworld release their new album with the songs from the movie they wrote on it).

^ what did you think? i think it's a very suspenseful, chilling movie.

i saw it on the big screen at the empire in leicester square, london. massive, massive screen and ear-bleedingly loud audio. perfect!

alasdair

True Romance. I hadn't seen it before, but it was enjoyable.

^ I saw that a year ago or so. It was completely different than I expected! I thought it would be a Tarantino-esque flick but it wasn't at all. It was cheesy, and charming as such. Christian Slater is quite the hilariactor!

Singapore Dreaming
Film about how always comparing yourself to others will simply leave you in a worse position and how we should value what we have.

Train Man
Even socially inept nerds can find/express "love" and change for the better given that there are people who support him even if they are an "Anonymous" textboard.

road to utopia.

funny movie. i need to watch more old movies.

edward scissorhands

i feel like the weeds people watched the beggining of this movie before planning their opening credits

^ Weird! I have until Friday to watch Edward Sissorhands. Somehow every time I start it I don't finish because I get drunk. :\ I'm going to watch it all the way through tonight.

Apocalypse Now.

"Never get off the boat. God damned fucking right."

^ did you watch the regular edit or the redux?

alasdair