• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom

Whats up Fellas!
This my first post and I have a question regarding this topic;
I consider myself quite accustomed to the positive and negative affects of opiate use, I have never shot Heroin and hopefully never will.
That being said, I am fully aware of how terrible going through withdraws can be. Hydrocodone withdrawal is probably the easiest to deal with in the Pharmie Opiate world (For me at least) and Oxycodone is the worst that I have experienced. I have tried just about every opiate that can be prescribed and just recently put an end to a year long Vicoden bender courtesy of the VA. I have been using Poppy Tea for about six months and have gotten "Mad Scientist" with that stuff. I tried Kratom one time and it was a resin abstract. I ate only 3 grams and did not feel a thing (however my withdrawal symptoms did subside!), I obviously took way to small a dose.
Anyways, here is the question and I really only would like a response from someone who experienced withdrawal from both Kratom and Oxycodone.
What is worse to withdrawal from, Kratom or Oxycodone?

before everybody gets carried away with the idea that kratom is a miracle drug that can get you off pk's or other, remember it is addictive and can cause severe withdraws. http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=46082

TRUE, SO TRUE. I got hooked on it and have been having a hell of a time getting off, as hard as pods. This thread sounds like a cheer-leading squad for the stuff. Don't get me wrong, it's OK in moderation and on spaced occasions, but it can be VERY addictive. Tolerance rises fast. Then you turn to UEI or extracts. BAD idea. Drains your account, further increases tolerance and sets you up for a world of hurt. Don't say I didn't warn ya!

Love to all,
pnm

p.s., i you don't believe me, you can check out this thread of people trying to get off kratom. http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/627141-Kratom-Addiction-Need-Help-After-Withdrawals-Are-Over

I love Kratom. I do consider it to be a "miracle drug" because it essentially rescued me when I was about to fall off a ledge into opiate addiction and it's also done so much for me in terms of pain relief, euphoria and anti-anxiety. Although I much prefer opiates, the fact that Kratom is there and can just be purchased is really, really great. It's like one of those landing pads police put out for suicide jumpers. It saves lives.

Seriously. SWIM (for real, this was a friend of mine) had an addiction to fentanyl once upon a time and it ruined his life. He began methadone maintenance and felt like shit for a long time. Years went by and he was utterly depressed as he thought he'd be on methadone forever. I bought him a shitload of super enhanced red vein indo capsules (probably about 400, that's just how much I care about this guy) and gave them to him as a birthday present. Surprisingly he didn't even know what Kratom was and when I explained it to him he seemed happy for the first time in a while.

It's been about 7 months and my friend no longer takes methadone. He's maintaining on kratom now, which as it turns out, is much healthier for you and makes you feel a lot less shitty. He says he's lowering his dose by one cap each week and aims to be off opioids completely someday, and while I personally enjoy my kratom, I definitely wish him good luck with that.

So you know what, I will say it. Kratom is a miracle drug. Kratom has saved people's lives.

I love Kratom. I do consider it to be a "miracle drug" because it essentially rescued me when I was about to fall off a ledge into opiate addiction and it's also done so much for me in terms of pain relief, euphoria and anti-anxiety. Although I much prefer opiates, the fact that Kratom is there and can just be purchased is really, really great. It's like one of those landing pads police put out for suicide jumpers. It saves lives.

Seriously. SWIM (for real, this was a friend of mine) had an addiction to fentanyl once upon a time and it ruined his life. He began methadone maintenance and felt like shit for a long time. Years went by and he was utterly depressed as he thought he'd be on methadone forever. I bought him a shitload of super enhanced red vein indo capsules (probably about 400, that's just how much I care about this guy) and gave them to him as a birthday present. Surprisingly he didn't even know what Kratom was and when I explained it to him he seemed happy for the first time in a while.

It's been about 7 months and my friend no longer takes methadone. He's maintaining on kratom now, which as it turns out, is much healthier for you and makes you feel a lot less shitty. He says he's lowering his dose by one cap each week and aims to be off opioids completely someday, and while I personally enjoy my kratom, I definitely wish him good luck with that.

So you know what, I will say it. Kratom is a miracle drug. Kratom has saved people's lives.
Spectacular!!! Thanks for the post :)