• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom

I always use 3/4 to 1 oz of "commercial leaf" when I make tea and it gets me really high. I usually mix with some Kava right when the effects are felt and it kicks it in and makes it feel much more like a classical opiate. Kratom is slightly stimulatory. If you have any tolerance at all to opiates you are going to need a large dose. Just watch out for nausea as this plant can cause some pretty nasty projectile emissions.

As for the tatse and nausea...I do have a trick in mind and always seemed to work for the most part...

When you swallow...just think or imagine that your drinking a tea that will cure your terminal illness....or....just imagine that your drinking a milk shake or a smoothie....

yes it definitely does work as an appetite supressant.
A couple times I ate after taking the kratom and got sick (stomach pains, etc.), so I avoid that.

But I have very mixed results with kratom, it's strange.... Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't - however this could be an interaction with other medication. I have found that kratom powder in gelcaps, for some reason, are less potent than having it mixed in with food.

Also, if you have the powder, you do not need to make tea...just put it in some yogurt, pudding, or applesauce (or just cap it and swallow, but if you're like me - that's alot of caps!) and you should be fine :)

1. I have the KRATOM SUPER POWDER...So will I still have the euphoric effects when I mix it with chocolate syrup and then spooning it in my mouth??? So your saying that its NOT really necessary to make teat out of the powdered form??

2. Also, do the chemicals in Kratom powder really interact or stimulate the MU Opioid receptors in the brain??? Does it actually some of it cross the Blood Brain Barrier??

Is the effects more poweful if I spoon it to the mouth or the tea is more potent in effects??

drfeelgood1 said:
Is the effects more poweful if I spoon it to the mouth or the tea is more potent in effects??

In my opinion eating the actual plant matter is stronger than making a tea because apparantly mitragayne isnt especially water soluble, so you loose a lot of goodies. I find stuffing my own pills with the super powder to work to good effect. Also, I will sometimes carry around a coke bottle filled with water and drop what ever my dose is in, shake vigorously, and then just drink the whole thing, plant matter and all.

=D

Thanks!!!!

So, just to confirm...

So taking the powder with like honey or chocolate syrup and eating it works better than making tea?

drfeelgood1 said:
Thanks!!!!

So, just to confirm...

So taking the powder with like honey or chocolate syrup and eating it works better than making tea?

well, once again it depends on the person, and i have no real proof that this is true, but i find that taking a shot glass mixed with my dosage and honey seems to work well. i just got that from a new exp report on erowid. read more here: http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=47037

Ok....instead of me asking this over and over again...I might as well do the experiment myself by taking the same method from Erowid....

And of course....on an EMPTY STOMACH!!!! And see how it goes...I will post the follow up on it later...

Also....A WORD OF WARNING**** TO ALL KRATOM USERS...

IT IS TOXIC TO THE LIVER......SO USE IN MODERATION...REPEATED PROLONGE USE IS VER VERY TOXOC TO THE LIVER*****

Just a warning..

I made some tea tonight out of about 6-7 grams of commercial (low) grade kratom. It feels somewhat similar to about 6-7mg of oxycodone. I wish I made more tea, but I wanted to start really low because I always like to play it safe.
I might just boil up another 15 grams tonight and get high as hell, it's a lot of work. I wish I followed the directions and made a large batch to begin with :p. It's time consuming to make this shit properly. took me a good 45 minutes.. 10-15 minute prep time, and 15 minutes x 2 to boil it all.

I like this shit though. Found a new legal high, w00t :). Next time I'll be ordering the stronger grade powder.

Thanks BL.

drfeelgood1 said:
Ok....instead of me asking this over and over again...I might as well do the experiment myself by taking the same method from Erowid....

And of course....on an EMPTY STOMACH!!!! And see how it goes...I will post the follow up on it later...

Also....A WORD OF WARNING**** TO ALL KRATOM USERS...

IT IS TOXIC TO THE LIVER......SO USE IN MODERATION...REPEATED PROLONGE USE IS VER VERY TOXOC TO THE LIVER*****

Just a warning..

So isn't alcohol, and APAP. Thx for the info tho. I'll be taking some milk thistle tonight just in case.

Be carefull about increasiong your dose s0nic.

I found that when i doubled to about 12grams the nice effects were of course increased but so were the negative effects and personnaly they outweighed the good bits.

I felt great for about an hour then felt really sick and tired and low on energy and generally not nice at all.

Deathrow558 said:
Be carefull about increasiong your dose s0nic.

I found that when i doubled to about 12grams the nice effects were of course increased but so were the negative effects and personnaly they outweighed the good bits.

I felt great for about an hour then felt really sick and tired and low on energy and generally not nice at all.

Thanks for the info, but my "high" last night was more of a tease. I think I'll make a large batch of tea, start out with about 8-9 grams, wait an hour and then if I feel good I'll take a booster dose of about 6 grams.

Note: to everyone.. Since this shit is supposedly known to cause nausea and liver damage, and who knows what else. I recommend ginger root (or ginger ale) to combat the nausea, milk thistle for the liver damage, and a multi-vitamin with lots of anti-oxidants in case this plant turns out to be neurotoxic.

anyone ordered the super strength from mrk, then ordered the xtra strength which is signifigantly cheaper and they both look exactly the same consistency?

They've offered a refund on the super I have left... but thats a pain in the ass because I have to pay a lot to get it back to usa....

Why would they be selling the xtra as super.....
I've read lots of good opinons on them, and they seem like good people, but I' kind of feel a little ripped off that I payed so much for xtra strength...

The good thing is they will refund so no one has to worry about their business sense,, but mabye they're trying to charge more than they should be????

Now they have the super DUPER kratom or something like that, but gotta wonder whats up with that and if its worth double the $$$$.

peace

This is a chance for them to explain on the boards.... hopefully they'll see this.

A few thoughts on kratom....

Orginally I tried the Super Strength, Extract and all that other supposed high potency shit, but it's just not worth it. Trust me on this, it's much better to just buy whole leaf or chrushed leaves in bulk.

Overall, its far more cost effective to buy in bulk (I got a pound for $60), and whole leaves at that. I can boil down 15 grams and get pretty high. The super strength shit going around just seems like a scam to me. You never know if it's the real deal or not, and your always dosing low, so that you can savior what you have cuz it's just so damn exspensive. Bulk kratom leaves never lets me down, and I can gauge potency alot easier. Theres no second guessing if I used enough or not.

Well, thats my two cents. Stick to the bulk leaves.

I just tried the honey trick or method using Super Kratom Powder...And heres what I gained:

VERY VERY VERY similar to like 20mg of hydro...I am buzzed, but not very much euphoria...well....if your like me, a nice buzz would be considered a euphoria to me...Anyway, it went down real smoothly....

I gotta hand to you guys......this stuff is dynamite compared to other legal highs that are sold...Its like legal Vicodin except its in herb form...I wish that they can make pills out of these...

I mean seriously speaking here you guys....This stuff is even stronger than Darvon...or maybe even Codiene....

I am very suprised that this stuff is NOT scheduled as a narcotic...

But I read somewhere that Kratom is like Heroin in terms of penalties in Thailand...

Is Kratom an effective/worthwhile drug to long time &/or heavy opiate users?

I need this question answered having been using opiates/opioids on and off for 4 years out of which 2 were more strongly marked by usage, and another 1+ year of being on 205mg of methadone a day, which i am still on though on a tapering schedule, currently at 165mg. For a year i ovisously haven't been able to experience any other opiate other than methadone, not that i really wanted to however. But when i first started tratment and i was on 100mg or so, i still wanted to get high so i tried oxycontin at 160mg in two doses spaced between a half hour, around 10+hours after my initial methadone dose and felt absolutley nothing, perhaps a lessenig of watever w/ds were present at that time if any, and a bit more of an increase or of a warm buzz like feeling resembling the tail end of a methadone buzz, nothing close to a buzz. Another time when i was on around 180mg or so, i smoked to myself an entire 5mg patch of fentanyl while also giving a buddy a couple hits as well all in 5min and the entire patch was gone. Again i felt the exact same thing as last time with the oxy, NOTHING. Just another tail end methadone high IF EVEN THAT. It definatley caused a physical reaction b/c i know that when people are in w/d from methadone, they take opiates and they get well until their next methadone dose. So physically it probably lessened the w/ds i had if any, and the methadone's blocking effects stoped fentanyls high psychologically. Again it's not a surprise considering the high methadone dose i was and am on.

Is a person who is on methadone maintanance treatment able to consume Kratom with benneficial effects, or is it a long shot? What i mean is if i take it on top of my methadone high, or time it to kick in when methadone does, b/c it's not an opiate chemically i'm thinking it might not operate as the true opiates do on a person undergoing methadone treatment. If it does work, would the effects potentate the methadone high in a good way, or might it just ruin the methadone buzz, by making one nauseaus or too fucked up or watever? I'm interested in knowing if Kratom is an effective drug for long time or heavy opiate users, or wether it's mostly a lighter drug for people with less of an opiate tolerance?

^^^ Nope. Kratom works best with no tolerance at all. I can't imagine it doing anything (besides causing nausea) for someone on 200+ mg meth.

I consumed like 20 grams of it last night...And I had just a little nausea and the shakes...It does make you feel jittery and shakey at large doses and of course there is Respitory depression....I just felt like being on 40mg of Hydrocodone...Im not kidding...I dont want to over-hype this experience...because for most people it does not work....

Oxycontin...(which I only tried 5mg a while back or so) or Vicodin...gives me a much "cleaner buzz" WITHOUT ANY nausea or so...Its just much "cleaner"

Kratom is like kind of like an alcohol-like hangover in large doses....The effects are like in between a 30mg dose of Hydro and alcohol....