• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom

Last night I went all out and took 20mg of kratom tea (commercial grade) not all at once, it was throughout the course of the night. At first my high was very stimulating, I felt all amped up and wouldn't STFU for a few hours. Then I decided to take more to try to get to the higher level of sedation. It eventually worked and I got that familiar opiate feeling I love so much, along w/ a heavy body load and a mild nausea.

Towards the end of the night I took more tea and started to get sick. I felt as if I was drunk, the room was spinning a little. I got some ginger ale, laid down and tried to enjoy the kratom nod as much as possible. The nausea faded and I fell into a nice nod for 30 minutes or so. During my nod I experienced some mild hallucinations. I eventually passed out and slept from 5am-noon.

It was a pretty intense experience. Kratom is powerful (even the low grade shit).

WHOA! back the truck up- I cant believe i never heard of this drug. is it legal?

Help. I tried kratom for the first time yesterday and i felt nothing. :(

Here's what i did... I bought a sample pack of 10g of Bali powder, 10g of Indonesian and 10g of Maylasian.

I decided to try indonesian first, so i swallowed 3 g of the powder with orange juice. "Yuk" but not that yuk. I could handle it. And got used to it after a while. Anyway, 40mins later and i felt nothing. So i then swallowed 2 more grams. 40 mins later felt nothing. :(

20mins later, decided to swallow 3 g of Bali powder. Later, i still felt nothing, but had a blaoted belly from all the liquid and powder i'd downed.

So why did i get no buzz atall? I'd hoped for more than this to say the least. 'lol

The seller told me to start at a low dose of 2.5 gs for the Indo or Bali mix. So he obviously thought it was strong.
i only have a low tollerance for opiates. The weak opiates i've been taking are Dihydrocodiene and Tramadol.
I now take Lyrica. (not an opiate)

Should i try dosing again today with 7 grams of Bali and 5 grams of Indo'? Or will it be a waste of time do you think?

A while back ago when I was coming off the WDs from Hydrocodones, I once drank this stuff.

But I warn you.

One time I over did it that I had nausea and I almost vomited.

The room was spinning around like crazy.

So, please dont overdue Kratom. Only in moderation amounts.

The main problem with this Kratom is that the amount needed to get recreational use is just below the amount that will make you sick as hell. For example, I needed to use about 18 grams of commercial leaf. If the batch of kratom was a little more potent than the last, I would end up sick as a dog for at least 12 hours. It felt a lot like a hangover.

Chris

Man that sucks. Meaning I would lose money all the time when ordering low quality/weak Kratom. I expected there to be difference in quality from vendor to vendor or batch to batch but not so much that i can swallow 7 grams of yukky powder and get nothing out of it but a belly full of green powder.

So do you think if i swallowed 17 grams next time , i would feel something good?

(by the way, i don't even have 17 grams left)

All i have left from the sample pack is 10 g of Malaysian.

Feels scammed :(

I went for the cheapest price because I didn't want to spend alot on it incase it didn't agree with me. I'm aprehensive about spending more on some expensive that could turn out to have no effect on me again.
There's alot alot conflicting information on this stuff. I don't whether Extract is better or powder or Leaf.

You underdosed man. If you want to only have to eat 3 grams at a time, get Ma Daeng kratom. Ma Daeng is a few times more potent by weight than the other varieties of leaf.

The high quality leaf products that you got 10g samples of... most people have to use 6g to 10g at once, not spread out over hours. I personally have to use more like 25 to 30 grams of Thai/Indo/Bali to get a nod, and I don't have any tolerance to opioids other than my high natural tolerance.

Extract is NEVER worth it unless you're talking about the alkaloid extracts that are 98% or 99% pure mitragynine or 7-acetoxy-mitragynine. You are just paying more for the same amount of drugs if you use any of the resins, gums, tars, or 15x, 100x, etc. type extracts. Ma Daeng is the best value, followed by the pure destemmed leaf or leaf powder.

Interesting about the high doses needed to get an effect. I did actually swallow 7 grams yesterday. Got it all down in about 4 minutes. Felt nothing from it again. Possibly some pain relief, but that could have just been a coincidence.
I got some Thai red vain powder coming soon from the Neverlands. I think i'll just gulp 10 g this time and hope for some kind of buzz. I'm after a Hydrocodone type effect, because I can't get those in the UK.

25 to 30 grams?!!" .. How do you manage to swallow all that without wanting to puke?

I don't swallow it, I always make kratom tea. I brew it in hot water for 30 minutes, then chug it. It's not much worse than drinking wine or shitty beer. Similar to pod tea.

What would someone say is the best comparison of a kratom dose to a regular opiate dose? My tolerance is like 30mg of hydro or oxy to get high, how much does that translate into for kratom leaf?

Also, I know this is not allowed to ask for sources but could someone PM me a good, cheap source for kratom... there's a lot of bullshit out there and I've never got it before.

Dosage varies too much between each batch, even of the same variety. It's a lot like cannabis.

Yeah,I don't get it? I've made tea 2 different ways and I've plain ate 10-15 gs of kratom. Purchased from two trusted vendors & got only high-end Indo. in powder form. I get nada from the stuff? It just taste wretched. I guess it's my overall tolerance & the fact that I'm on a daily regiment of meds:60 mg oxycodone,30 mg amphetamine, 4 mg clonazepam & 40 mg prozac.

I Guess 1 must have a 0 tolerance for kratom to work?

:(I seriously have no clue how anyone gets high on any of this "organic legal" stuff!

i cant stand making a tea out of it, and thats a bitch to filter. i tried making smoothies with it, but they taste horrible and the fruit didnt cover up the taste.

i will put around 1.5-2 grams in a single piece of toilet paper, and swallow about 6 of them.

kratom really pisses me off, and i know im getting good quality kratom because all the kratom heads on kratomforums.com talk about how is selling the best stuff
it pisses me off because on day ill be nodding all over the place, the next day with the same batch, i dont feel a thing.

sadly i get WAY more misses than hits with kratom

I found these notes I wrote while experimenting with kratom

"reminds me of suboxone. . . It can be really trippy at high doses. Not exactly an opiate high.... more like DXM crossed with poppy tea....

Awesome on adderall.... could be useful for opiate withdrawals if necessary"

anyone feel the same way?

I don't know everyone is bitching about the taste, when I make tea I use about 8 grams. and boil it down to a shots worth of liquid, add 2 tablespoons of sugar and down the whole thing. including the left over leaf in the cup,I mean it doesn't taste like lollipops and rainbows but far from horrible like u guys are claiming. man up! slug back the shot swallow the grit then chase. thats how I do it, don't bug me a bit.

For me it tastes just like a strong coffee (maybe a bit bitterer though). But then, I am a coffee addict and somewhat enjoy the bitterness.