• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom, which one should I buy?

jose ribas da silva

Bluelighter
Hey folks

First time I will be using Kratom. I have read some information on the internet. My intention is to use it to decrease anxiety

I can buy

Kratom Gold Maeng Da
Kratom Red Horn
Kratom Bentuangie
Kratom Green Papua
Kratom Green Maeng Da
Red Maeng Da
Kratom Yellow Maeng Da

I have no idea which one I am going to buy, any suggestions?

Hey folks

First time I will be using Kratom. I have read some information on the internet. My intention is to use it to decrease anxiety

I can buy

Kratom Gold Maeng Da
Kratom Red Horn
Kratom Bentuangie
Kratom Green Papua
Kratom Green Maeng Da
Red Maeng Da
Kratom Yellow Maeng Da

I have no idea which one I am going to buy, any suggestions?
Apparently Red Vein/Indonesian strains are better for sedation than the Green Vein, or the White Vein.

I was recently in Thailand drinking Kratom tea with the locals. I didn't pay attention to the strain they were using, but I did notice in low doses it had a strong stimulant effect. In higher doses - slightly more sedating. Yet, when I chewed about 5 leaves, that blew my anxiety through the roof/made me feel like I'd taken too much speed!

I would say go for Red Vein/Indonesian strains.. But the Thai Kratom is meant to actually be mostly imported from Indonesia.. Even though Kratom is also native to Thailand, so that confuses things a lot in my eyes.. Or I could be simple and say high dose Red Vein is probably what is going to be best for your anxiety. But suggesting high doses of anything is never really a good idea.. And this does work like an Opiate, so can cause you problems that I'm sure you're aware of..

Good luck and stay safe ;)

Last edited:
Yet when I chewed about 5 leaves, that made me feel like I'd taken too much speed!
Yeah... they (Thai) usually chew on one leaf at a time and spit the remains out.
My favorite was super green maeng da
depends on vendors honesty mainly
before the last week week and a half i would only consume lower doses... 1-1/2g and sometimes 2g 4-5 times a day. tried more (3-5g) and it took the energy away, made me feel a little queasy and lazy.

My intention is to use it to decrease anxiety
go with the red maeng da [if legit] (IMO) or chocolate bentuangie if available.
the green maeng da will help with anxiety as (for me) it lifted my mood (which to me is priceless) and this alone helped a great deal. Throw in pain relief and it was a winner.
after a year (maybe two) of daily use i cut to 1g twice a day for about a week and it was gone. after a week and a half or so of none i still am reassessing my mind/body biorhythms for lack of a better word.
everyone will respond differently to any substance... some cannot abide water whereas I love the fuck outta it.

I'm not totally sure if this is something that we would handle. I'm not closing it, because I am indeed unsure, but when dealing with whole plant preparations, advice can sometimes just make folks more confused. Take Cannabis for instance. We know that the "primary" active constituent is THC and that CBD is also quite influential in terms of end-effects. The problem (or solution if you like options at your fingertips) is that there are dozens of other known Cannabinoids that not only produce their own effects, but also influence the effects of themselves and one another.

Kind of like how we have an entire sub-forum dedicated to Cannabis, you could probably do something similar for Kratom. While Kratom is popular, it's definitely not Cannabis by any stretch. I think academically it would be wrong to close this, but at the same time we aren't here to discuss the best vendor or whom to buy it from. Does that make sense?

As I read it, the op just wants to know what strain is best for anxiety. Personally I would think yellow or gold Bali. Red seems to act more like a traditional opiate

Personally red bali was always consistently the best for the price out of all the vendors i've tried. It has very good sedative and muscle relaxing properties.

I've been using kratom consistently for the past 4 years, currently trying to quit. It has the same addictive properties as any other opiate so don't kid yourself about that, it is absolutely addictive.

I'm not totally sure if this is something that we would handle. I'm not closing it, because I am indeed unsure, but when dealing with whole plant preparations, advice can sometimes just make folks more confused. Take Cannabis for instance. We know that the "primary" active constituent is THC and that CBD is also quite influential in terms of end-effects. The problem (or solution if you like options at your fingertips) is that there are dozens of other known Cannabinoids that not only produce their own effects, but also influence the effects of themselves and one another.

Kind of like how we have an entire sub-forum dedicated to Cannabis, you could probably do something similar for Kratom. While Kratom is popular, it's definitely not Cannabis by any stretch. I think academically it would be wrong to close this, but at the same time we aren't here to discuss the best vendor or whom to buy it from. Does that make sense?

No sense at all, using cannabis as an example, there are several well-established strains, having well-established effects, which can vary broadly from euphoria to sedation. Same thing for Kratom, as other users have addressed

Personally red bali was always consistently the best for the price out of all the vendors i've tried. It has very good sedative and muscle relaxing properties.

I've been using kratom consistently for the past 4 years, currently trying to quit. It has the same addictive properties as any other opiate so don't kid yourself about that, it is absolutely addictive.

I am worried about its addictive properties, do you take it daily? how many grams?

I take about 10 grams a day at the moment, I get absolutely nothing out of it except relief from withdrawals. I'm tapering down from 30-40 grams a day.

It may seem innocuous since it's just plant material and not some high dose opioid pill but it comes with all of the same troubles. It's seemed to have slowly made me a little more dull the longer I stay on it, but that could also be stress related.

The only real difference is that it's very hard to fatally OD on the plant material alone.

If you OD it'll just cause you to get extremely sick and vomit your guts up, along with grams upon grams of powdered kratom, which is not fun.

Not trying to give you the run down and i'm definitely not judging you but I just want to make sure no one misjudges kratom as non addictive or devoid of negative side effects. Kratom is an opioid and should be treated as such.

As others have stated, green gives you a bit more energy and red is a bit more sedating the same applies to lower vs higher doses).
Be aware that quality/proportion of the active alkaloids in it may vary a bit from batch to batch.
Also, people seem to react to it a bit different from what I've heard from friends and on this board. Some people seem to develop tolerance quickly/steadily. Personally, I can't say that I've developed significant tolerance and I've been using for 3 1/2 years - but I seem to be the exception.

Red bali is the best for me as an anxiolytic. Ma daeng can give me anxiety.

Kratom at high doses makes me irritable as hell. Don't start a habit with kratom, its not fun.

we aren't here to discuss the best vendor or whom to buy it from. Does that make sense?
dont need my validation as hopefully this will not happen.
if i got outta my lane wasnt intentional... got the alp bars. :)
just saying that there are shady vendors (or sub-par) and rest assured i have no vendor, ATM and could and would not recommend any. mfs selling a label as in any business. taking a break.
We know that the "primary" active constituent is THC and that CBD is also quite influential in terms of end-effects. The problem (or solution if you like options at your fingertips) is that there are dozens of other known Cannabinoids that not only produce their own effects, but also influence the effects of themselves and one another.
THC.
Vaped a few pens at work but there are some that are dank tasting and freaking good. Some are not so. Users say they coughing oil maybe after chronic use... co-workers. They not vaping now or taking a break.
Don't start a habit with kratom, its not fun.
IME dosing therapeutically was no more trouble (other than weighing on MG scale) than getting scripts filled/acquired, more effective (IMO/E), economical and possibly healthier.

IME dosing therapeutically was no more trouble (other than weighing on MG scale) than getting scripts filled/acquired, more effective (IMO/E), economical and possibly healthier.

I wasn't talking about its therapeutic use though -- for this I have no context as I don't suffer from chronic pain (aside from raging existential dread).

I was talking in terms of a drug of abuse, for which kratom makes a mediocre candidate (I find it makes me pissier and more irritable than other opioids, doesn't feel that great at its best, and for someone reason I feel like it only lasts 4 hours max, even at high dose). Partial agonists generally make shitty drugs of abuse. Plus, when i get a kratom habit i feel like I notice withdrawal symptoms 6 hours after dosing. And i feel like it can somewhat precipitate withdrawal (especially in the first 45 minutes) if taken when dependent on a full agonist.

As far as an alternative to pharma narcotics for pain, it seems far more innocuous and inexpensive if you find it effective.

@jose ribas da silva
I would reccomend either the Gold or Yellow strains or the Red Maeng Da.
The Golds and Yellows are unique in a sense that the they can relax you very well with great analgesic properties while not being too speedy or too heavy. The Red Maeng Da is a pretty good strain as well but can be a little sedating. Although if I am anxious would I would prefer something sedating and heavy than a Green or White strain that may cause a stimulating effect that can possibly increase it.

My $.02, hope you find the right strain for you. I know quite a bit about kratom strains so if you have any questions about any particular strain or kratom in general then feel free to ask.

Mr. Deeds

I wasn't talking about its therapeutic use
My bad. I see what you were getting at. True.
As far as an alternative to pharma narcotics for pain, it seems far more innocuous and inexpensive if you find it effective.
It is and it is quite effective for my needs.
Thought it was sustainable but these US bitch-boys (no offense to ya'll beautiful ladies here) would see it not so.
Kratom has become a hell-hole for some and this cannot be argued.

I'd like to reinforce the opinion that kratom is the most mediocre opioid to get addicted to. Shit side effects and zero pleasure once your tolerance hits a certain point, no matter how high you dose. I could dose 10 grams at once (my current full daily dose) and feel no better than if I had dosed 3 grams.

I was shot in the military and had my spine crushed. Kratom, in all forms, was worthless. I find that most friends that claim they use it for pain just don't have valid reasons to go to Pain Management. The withdrawals are not worth the mediocre effects. Poppy Tea at least will genuinely help

Not all people find relief with kratom.
@FutureReference I'm assuming you had a pretty high tolerance when you switched to kratom for the pain? Were you on opioids before for the chronic pain?

Thanks for the comments, a lot of knowledge

After reading them, I need to confess, I believe I am not going to buy it anymore. i have already had so many addictions, I don't wanna to add one more to my life.

Reading the comments, I have had the impression that it is not worth it, I will not gain sufficient benefits from it and the risk of addiction is high, specially for those who have already a predisposition to vices, like I have.

Still thinking. If I decide to buy it, how should I start? 1 gram, for a first dose? I have never taken an opioid

In the case of higher doses, is it better to take like 5 gram (for example) at once or can I take 1 gram, after a while, another gram, and so on (in order to wait to see the effects)? will the effects be very different depending on the way I am ingesting it (considering the quantity ingested at the same time)?