• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Megathread V.6

15 years of hearing "it will be illegal soon." Back in 2016 we rose up to the task and had an unprecedented back off by the D EA. Keep in mind, it is plant, and with cannabis becoming legal at the same time it really helps. But instead of whining or pining, donate to the AKA. We could get packaging better, the same as Kava when they went after that in 2002. And there was no association. It is not easy to ignore the momentum that we have. (I have to check if Ephedra became legal again, I see it for sale but it was not sure what happened with that)

Siezures have been happening for years. Some of your vendors are gouging. Then the prices will go down again when there is too much stock like we have seen with all the other scares.

Does anyone have any God Damn faith? 8( We did good. And we will keep doing good. Associations are powerful.

15 years of hearing "it will be illegal soon." Back in 2016 we rose up to the task and had an unprecedented back off by the D EA. Keep in mind, it is plant, and with cannabis becoming legal at the same time it really helps. But instead of whining or pining, donate to the AKA. We could get packaging better, the same as Kava when they went after that in 2002. And there was no association. It is not easy to ignore the momentum that we have. (I have to check if Ephedra became legal again, I see it for sale but it was not sure what happened with that)

Siezures have been happening for years. Some of your vendors are gouging. Then the prices will go down again when there is too much stock like we have seen with all the other scares.

Does anyone have any God Damn faith? 8( We did good. And we will keep doing good. Associations are powerful.

I do donate to the AKA. But that does not mean that they can keep it legal LOL. It is a sad but inevitable truth. It WILL be banned unfortunately. The FDA and other government agencies will do as they please, and dont try to convince me otherwise. I didnt ask for political opinions or where to find vendors.
I asked who has tapered off of kratom and how their experience was with it.

And ephedra is still ILLEGAL. I can find peyote, heroin, meth, ect. for sale online but that doesn't mean it's legal.

Who said I was talking to you only? You meditate any way you want. And BTW I have tapered. I may be different, but staying on anything below 10 gr is procrastinating yet I know people do get real low. Yet even from the beginning it always took more than 7 for anything. 2 grams every few days until you get lower. Space out the times too. Put a lot of time in between. Jump off with some gabapentin or pregabalin and it can be pretty doable.

Who said I was talking to you only? You meditate any way you want. And BTW I have tapered. I may be different, but staying on anything below 10 gr is procrastinating yet I know people do get real low. Yet even from the beginning it always took more than 7 for anything. 2 grams every few days until you get lower. Space out the times too. Put a lot of time in between. Jump off with some gabapentin or pregabalin and it can be pretty doable.

I apologize Joe I thought that was directed towards me.
Anyways, in terms of grams I am averaging 21-48g of kratom a day, with the occasional day of up to ~56g.
How was your experience tapering?

I cant edit so have to double post sorry. My question on full detail is: With your tapering method, how bad were the WDs? I know it's not going to be as bad as my H WDs but it's still gonna suck. How many days did you wait before dropping 2 grams each time, approximately?

No worries, it has been a few years since I tapered. By the end the withdrawals were only lethargy, sneezing and a few chills for about 5 days. Only a little restless. Then lethargy for about a month but doable. I got to sleep with cannabis and that was never enough for an opiate withdrawal. I did not know about gabpentin or pregabalin either. I will say this, it is on par with a cigarette habit. the mental part seems harder than the physical. I would get through the physical quick and tell myself see how easy it was and go right back. But the mental needs to be controlled. As maddening as a smoker trying to master the mental part. Because if you think about it while you may not be vomiting and tossing on a bed moaning with kratom that mental part makes it real effort. New habits helped.

About 2 gr drop every 4 -6 days. Staying at a level helps as well as spacing out times.

Thank you Jack. When I get my package in I will try this method. I agree that is very tough mentally, the horrible vomiting/dryheaving and other severe symptoms of opiate withdrawal aren't present with kratom. I've had to take a week off here and there over ther past few years I have been on it, and it not that bad.
Although my RLS and skin crawling are on par if not worse with the kratom. I WISH I could get my hands on the gaba or pregabalin, but do t have the means to at the moment. =/. That stuff's a godsend.

A few things I did learn was because for the most part I would use at 7:00AM and 5:00PM it was out spaced enough for me to spend some time every day in minor withdrawal. I think that made the restlessness not as bad when I stopped as say someone that does it every 4 hours. Also using to come off another opiate makes stopping harder than starting and stopping just kratom.

I think gabapentin can be sought online but expensive.

Good luck Mr Deeds. You'll be fine if you stayed focus. One last important piece is if you manage to stay off completely for a month, go on a vacation to break things up and reward yourself. It will give you something to look forward too. I remember 90 days off of poppy tea (and I needed 90 days!) I went to Costa Rica. It really helped having an adventure and stayed of things for a few years.

A few things I did learn was because for the most part I would use at 7:00AM and 5:00PM it was out spaced enough for me to spend some time every day in minor withdrawal. I think that made the restlessness not as bad when I stopped as say someone that does it every 4 hours. Also using to come off another opiate makes stopping harder than starting and stopping just kratom.

I think gabapentin can be sought online but expensive.

Good luck Mr Deeds. You'll be fine if you stayed focus. One last important piece is if you manage to stay off completely for a month, go on a vacation to break things up and reward yourself. It will give you something to look forward too. I remember 90 days off of poppy tea (and I needed 90 days!) I went to Costa Rica. It really helped having an adventure and stayed of things for a few years.

Thanks for the advice, I'll update with results.

I do donate to the AKA. But that does not mean that they can keep it legal LOL. It is a sad but inevitable truth. It WILL be banned unfortunately. The FDA and other government agencies will do as they please, and dont try to convince me otherwise. I didnt ask for political opinions or where to find vendors.

Even though I unfortunately THINK you are probably right and that it will be banned sooner or later (and I REALLY hope I won't), don't pretend you know FOR SURE cause none of us can be positive.

Today some scientists released a statement that the FDA is wrong with their claims of Kratom's dangers and that could help.

Even if it does become illegal in the U.S. I bet it will stay legal in Canada, and Canada's not that far away.

I also hope that if it does become illegal somehow it ends up having an illegal market for it and street dealers sell it, but I doubt that's likely, but it will still be on the Dark Net.

Does kratom help with panic attacks?

As someone with Generalized Anxiety Disorder, OCD and a history of panic attacks: YES, it is the best thing for panic attacks I've ever taken in my life, even better than benzos or booze.

And that's one more reason why it's so fucking terrible that it will probably be banned: it could be an INCREDIBLE medication, even prescription wise if it's is only placed in schedule 3 or 4, for people like us with anxiety.

FUCK the FDA and DEA.

Well guys I?m physically dependent on kratom... again... I?d been clean from heroin and kratom for about 15 months before using kratom again last August. It started at just a few grams a day to the now unsustainable amount of 30-50 grams per day!
It?s been about 30 hours since my last dose and so far I?m a little depressed with a runny nose. From my experience the 48 hour mark is where things get a little nasty. I need your guy?s support
I don?t have much to ease the withdrawals, just a little weed and some wine. I think the trick is just to find some good headspace and ride it out.
Tapering is not really an option for me (never has been) so I?m gonna just ride this out and pretend I?m under the weather

Last edited:
Well I made it three days before dosing again. I just took enough to stop my nose and my ass from running, hehe.

The AKA gave a presentation to the Ohio board of pharmacy recently on the science behind kratom. While they were quiet and respectful during the presentation, they did not seem interested and had nearly zero follow up questions for the research provided. Instead, they chose to go on at length how a certain portion of the public comments they received on the potential ban contained angry and in some cases, threatening language. The comments aren't open to view so this could be from anyone or simply made up. Doesn't matter either way. The fact they focused on that aspect and not the science seems par the course and is something the public should find concerning.

Well I made it three days before dosing again. I just took enough to stop my nose and my ass from running, hehe.
Good for you! Keep it up Doc, one day you might be free from this.

I have taken kratom with alcohol before, and it always ended by taking way too much kratom and puking my brains out. Perhaps the combo has prevented me from picking up a kratom habit but truly I should be careful to avoid it. Withdrawals are temporary. I hope you can find your way through them. I am a believer in cold turkey anyways for all things like this. Tapering cigarettes for instance was never considered an option for quitting however I suppose using the patch (didn't work in the end) was tried.

So I mean tapering in theory makes sense but applied not so much. Best wishes.

Good for you! Keep it up Doc, one day you might be free from this.

I have taken kratom with alcohol before, and it always ended by taking way too much kratom and puking my brains out. Perhaps the combo has prevented me from picking up a kratom habit but truly I should be careful to avoid it. Withdrawals are temporary. I hope you can find your way through them. I am a believer in cold turkey anyways for all things like this. Tapering cigarettes for instance was never considered an option for quitting however I suppose using the patch (didn't work in the end) was tried.

So I mean tapering in theory makes sense but applied not so much. Best wishes.
Yeah if I do decide to drink I wait at least 4-5 hours after taking kratom to drink. If I do drink and even if it?s just a little it sends me straight to nausea land

So I?ve been trying to give myself a 3 day break in between doses and I?m lowering my dose gradually. The withdrawals are getting a little easier.
Good quality kratom is no joke! Playing around with those opioid receptors is always asking for trouble. Granted the withdrawals are not in the same legue as heroin, it?s more a kin to codeine (my opinion).
What seems to be the worst withdrawal symptoms are insomnia and depression for me at least.
What?s the withdrawal symptoms you all experience?

So I?ve been trying to give myself a 3 day break in between doses and I?m lowering my dose gradually. The withdrawals are getting a little easier.
Good quality kratom is no joke! Playing around with those opioid receptors is always asking for trouble. Granted the withdrawals are not in the same legue as heroin, it?s more a kin to codeine (my opinion).
What seems to be the worst withdrawal symptoms are insomnia and depression for me at least.
What?s the withdrawal symptoms you all experience?

I've had to go a few days without kratom and the worst wd symptoms were the restlessness and increased pain that the kratom was masking. Insomnia is a bitch to. No vomiting and shakiness though. It is very uncomfortable, but not unbearable. Although I have only been off of it for a max of 3 or 4 days.