• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread v. 5

For me what's annoying is that more than anything I don't get the stimulant property out of it anymore.

What about switching leaf types for a bit? Every once in a while my vendor runs out of Red Vein and I'll get some Green Vein ... that stuff always seems speedier to me.

Also, taking a lower dosage might bring back the stimulant property. My normal dosage is 2-3 tablespoons, but when I'm at work I don't want to be nodding off at my desk; so, I take 1 TBS about an hour before lunch. This works well for me and I fly through the rest of the day. Later at night I'll take a higher dose and feel more sedated.

Accidentally measured out about 2 extra grams to throw in my tea this morning. For the entire morning at work I was wobbling around clearly fucked up unable to do mostly anything. Also threw up a few times in the trash can that I wheel around (I'm a janitor).

I thought red strains were the only kind you could get a nod on, but this green Maeng Da killed me. Probably would've enjoyed it if I wasn't at work...

ALL strains CAN be sedating, but you are probably new to Kratom to get such an extreme experience right??

When I was new to it if I overdid it by just a couple grams I'd feel like shit.

Now that I have taken so many excessive doses so many times I am pretty much immune to any side effects worse than feeling a little tired or SLIGHTLY nauseas and needing to take some Pepto Bismol.

The more I took it, the fewer side effects I was having.

Kind of makes sense in connection to how you hear that when people are taking new medications of any kind the chances for side effects are better early on before their body gets used to it.

I never feel all super sick if I take too much like I used to.

I never threw up from Kratom before though.

I'd suggest more carefully weighing out your dosage, but it's possible that like me, over time you MIGHT stop getting those negative effects.

For me there's a ceiling to how high I can get AND any negative side effects....past a certain dosage I might as well have taken the same amount BOTH in terms of my level of highness and lack of side effects.

It's basically like weed in that way: I used to smoke and smoke but failed to realize I wasn't getting any higher past a certain point lol.

Neither Kratom or Weed is like alcohol where you just get more and more drunk or fucked up the more you drink.

Both have ceilings.

If 18 grams gets me super high (that's about my max dose...VERY high by most people's standards) taking 28 grams won't make me ANY more high or feel ANY more sick (except MAYBE a little uneasy in my stomach, not enough to throw up but just bloated from extra powder) and it'll just be like I didn't even take any extra at all.

The ONLY negative side effect it WILL increase is my amount of withdrawal the next day since I don't dose everyday and the higher your dose and more days in a row the worse you will feel when you finally skip a dose.

Since we're talking about side effects I wonder if anyone else feels the ones that I do; when I take too much kratom i don't get headaches, but my vision gets messed up. Not blurry, but more like I drank a bunch of alcohol and I have "the spins".

If ever I throw up from kratom (only 2-3 times per year) it's not because my stomach was upset, but because of the vertigo and the spins + double vision

Anyone else notice that the withdrawal sweats have a unique smell that's different than normal sweating? Is this the same with more traditional opioids as well?

Anyone else notice that the withdrawal sweats have a unique smell that's different than normal sweating? Is this the same with more traditional opioids as well?

My sweat smells kinda like butter but I was told a long time ago that's just what white guys smelled like. Besides that i never noticed any "kratom sweat" smell.

I did work construction in my 20s and my boss smoked a lot of meth..... that guy smelled like $hit to the point that we'd be working in people's houses and if they were home they'd be spraying fabreeze constantly!

Best Kratom strain to get off opiates? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

The source below has a figure which suggests Indonesian kratom (Bali kratom) has the highest % of alkaloids. Bali is the only kratom that I eat. Red vein is said to be more "opiate like" while green vein is reportedly "speedier." Commercial powdered leaf is my personal choice. The effects are dose dependant, so do your research and be safe. Hope that helps!

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1350417711002045?showall=true&via=ihub

My sweat smells kinda like butter but I was told a long time ago that's just what white guys smelled like. Besides that i never noticed any "kratom sweat" smell.

I did work construction in my 20s and my boss smoked a lot of meth..... that guy smelled like $hit to the point that we'd be working in people's houses and if they were home they'd be spraying fabreeze constantly!

Mine reminds me of turkey pot pie lol.

I'm someone that lives in mild w/d about as much as I don't. When the body sweats start it's not just the armpits and the usual stinky spots, even the sweat from my hands smells like this however once I get well and the sweats go away the smell goes away.

The source below has a figure which suggests Indonesian kratom (Bali kratom) has the highest % of alkaloids. Bali is the only kratom that I eat. Red vein is said to be more "opiate like" while green vein is reportedly "speedier." Commercial powdered leaf is my personal choice. The effects are dose dependant, so do your research and be safe. Hope that helps!

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1350417711002045?showall=true&via=ihub

Red Kalimantan is also a good choice.

Hmm. IME indonesian Kratom was always rather stimulating to the point of high blood pressure, which I exclusively got with Indo Kratom. Prefer any green vein over classic Indo Kratom anytime. The last time I had Indo was years ago, though. I'm interested in other subjective opinions on this.

Kratom -- Withdrawal?

I've been taking kratom for the past two years, and sometimes my usage gets up to 6 or 7 days in a row. Recently, I decided to take a break from this nightly habit and found that a number of symptoms took place:

• restless legs
  • feeling anxious during the night, but also a little in the morning
  • hard to eat / somewhat nauseous

The legs I know could be because I'm used to numbing my workout pain with kratom, and so when I don't take it I can again feel that pain. Feeling anxious is kind of weird... it could be because of lack of sleep. I am worried, however, that these symptoms only seem to happen on nights when I don't do kratom. I am almost certain this is a kind of withdrawal, and it is surprisingly physical. This goes against what many say: that kratom cannot be physically addictive.

When I would do kratom 3 - 4 days a week (even when I did it 5 days) I wouldn't get the withdrawals. It seems to happen more with 6 - 7 days straight of kratom use at night.

Does anyone have any experience with kratom withdrawal? How did it look?

Thank you

Last edited:
What are the withdrawals like for people? I do kratom at night, and I noticed that when I miss a dose I can have trouble sleeping.

I always keep a couple capsules by my bedside to take when I wake in the middle of the night. About 1gram helps me relax and sleep.

Hmm. IME indonesian Kratom was always rather stimulating to the point of high blood pressure, which I exclusively got with Indo Kratom. ....

Your experience fits in with a theory that I have .... a list of alkaloids found in kratom are detailed on the page below
https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195897

Interestingly, Mitragynine is the only alkaloid I saw that is adrenergic. Mitragynine is also the most abundant alkaloid found it kratom and it is found at a higher concentrations in Indonesian kratom according to another source I linked in an above post. If all this is true, then it would make sense about your experience feeling stimulated & high blood pressure with Indo kratom.

So here is my theory: wikipedia states that Mitragynine is metabolized into mitragynine pseudoindoxyl, "an even more potent and selective mu opioid agonist.". I am wondering if the analgesia comes from the mitragynine pseudoindoxyl, similar to how codeine is metabolized into morphine, which is a more powerful agonist. Except that Mitragynine is the speedy, stimulating part of the high, and then when it's converted to its secondary metabolite, that's when you get the opiated sedated part of the high.

To me, Indo kratom always seemed the most opiate like, so this seems to fit the theory.

Thoughts? Maybe I'm just geeking out on this and I'm way off ...

I've been taking kratom for the past two years, and sometimes my usage gets up to 6 or 7 days in a row. Recently, I decided to take a break from this nightly habit and found that a number of symptoms took place:

• restless legs

The legs I know could be because I'm used to numbing my workout pain with kratom, and so when I don't take it I can again feel that pain. Feeling anxious is kind of weird... it could be because of lack of sleep. I am worried, however, that these symptoms only seem to happen on nights when I don't do kratom. I am almost certain this is a kind of withdrawal, and it is surprisingly physical. This goes against what many say: that kratom cannot be physically addictive.

When I would do kratom 3 - 4 days a week (even when I did it 5 days) I wouldn't get the withdrawals. It seems to happen more with 6 - 7 days straight of kratom use at night.

Thank you

I merged your question with the megathread :)

Kratom is physically addictive just like other opioids are, so yes your symptoms sound like normal opioid withdrawal

• restless legs

Thank you

No offense, but I'm quite surprised you didn't realize all of this is normal Kratom withdrawal and EVERYONE who has either taken too much and then stopped suddenly or even just read a fair number of threads on here knows that it's a fact that Kratom is addictive.

I mean it's an opioid..how could it NOT be addictive?!?!?

I am assuming you just never experienced these problems because you never stopped long enough to get the WDs??

Since I dont' do that much (in terms of not that many days per week..QUANTITY WISE I use A LOT) and rarely even use 2 days in a row my WDs aren't very bad when I get them...but usually consist of serious lethargy and sleeping all day which is usually also because I'll end up doing Kratom too late and it will keep me up all night...and a bit of a runny nose and some pretty strong irritability, a bit emotional and at times some restless legs though I havent' had those for a while.

It often lasts 2 days for me, never more than 3 max.

But I still avoid actual DAILY physical dependence because I will realize it's time to stop dosing, deal with any mild WDs I get and not dose again till they are totally over.

Right now I am TRYING to take a 31 day break just to prove I can do it WHILE in possession of Kratom.

I've gone 90 days before, but I didn't have any in my house at the time, so this is a new challenge.

What would be a safe amount of Kratom to take for trying to get off a 1.5 year habit of a prescribed opiate dose staring with 15mg mg of Oxy daily, and the past 9-12 month of anywhere from 30-50mg a day of 15mg ER morphine and 5mg of Oxy 3 times a day all taken at once daily, instead of spread out through the day. So on a daily basis I would take both at the same time a day ranging usually 30 to 40 mg and on occasion 50mg a day. I am starting Kratom to detox off the opiates and was wondering how much Kraton would be safe to take to help with the withdrawl symptoms.

:\ I used Maeng Da for a short period, trying it for pain/depression. It had promise for "numbing" me, which was welcome! I ordered capsules from a highly recommended source (600 mg). I worked up to 5 capsules (3 grams). That was good for me, careful not to take daily.

CONSTIPATION/PARTIAL OBSTRUCTION, whether Kratom related or not, forced me to stop the trial. I'm on Linzess 290 now for slow bowel motility. I'm also drinking much more water daily. I hope to try Kratom again.

No offense, but I'm quite surprised you didn't realize all of this is normal Kratom withdrawal and EVERYONE who has either taken too much and then stopped suddenly or even just read a fair number of threads on here knows that it's a fact that Kratom is addictive.

I mean it's an opioid..how could it NOT be addictive?!?!?

I am assuming you just never experienced these problems because you never stopped long enough to get the WDs??

Since I dont' do that much (in terms of not that many days per week..QUANTITY WISE I use A LOT) and rarely even use 2 days in a row my WDs aren't very bad when I get them...but usually consist of serious lethargy and sleeping all day which is usually also because I'll end up doing Kratom too late and it will keep me up all night...and a bit of a runny nose and some pretty strong irritability, a bit emotional and at times some restless legs though I havent' had those for a while.

It often lasts 2 days for me, never more than 3 max.

But I still avoid actual DAILY physical dependence because I will realize it's time to stop dosing, deal with any mild WDs I get and not dose again till they are totally over.

Right now I am TRYING to take a 31 day break just to prove I can do it WHILE in possession of Kratom.

I've gone 90 days before, but I didn't have any in my house at the time, so this is a new challenge.

I knew there were withdrawals... I'd just never had them that bad and it scared me because I realized just how dependent on it I was. Actually they were a lot better when I was doing it 3 - 4 days a week. Quantity wise I use 3 - 4 teaspoons, which is probably a regular dose.
Right now I took a break on Fri and Sat, and then last night I did it, and tonight I am doing it again. Tomorrow I am going to get my partner to hide it from me so that I don't get tempted at night after he goes to sleep :\ He is really helping me to try to get things under control. I realize this is silly but I am proud of the Fri and Sat I was able to do while it was in my possession, at home, and where I could have taken it if I wanted to.

I think it's all about realizing it may be a problem, and then controlling it. It's easy to get too liberal with kratom because it feels like just a 'tea' that you do to relax. But it can be quite addictive, I find. For me, too, it's about the time of day as much as anything. I've gotten used to having it at night.

It's good for you that you are able to get that far with your kratom use. I am still working on it .. ;) It would be hard for me to do that many days, TBH. ESPECIALLY if I had it. You're a champ. I can only imagine the day I get there, but for now even curbing it a little to 3 - 4 days a week would be a huge accomplishment I would be proud of.. I also see it saving money, as I had begun to order every 4 weeks instead of every month and a half or so.

About the quantity... you said you do a lot at one time. You don't get nauseous after a certain point? Krat makes me nauseous after a certain point and I can't get any higher