• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done/good luck with the tapering guys. I almost got myself into trouble with kratom the last couple of weeks. I've been been using it for a few months now and know I can get away with using it either two or three times a week or daily for a week followed by a week or two off. I've never experienced any withdrawal or significant tolerance so far by following that little rule of thumb. However, for some reason I decided to push my luck last week and continued to use it daily for a second week on the trot. Bad idea. The stuff was getting pretty moreish by the end of the week and I jacked my tolerance right up on Friday when I did ~20g over the course of the day. Now, 5g (which is normally a fairly decent dose for me) does next to nothing and I'm pretty sure I'm in mild withdrawal now (feels like I'm coming down with the flu or something, minus the snot).

yo, anyone use Kratom when coming off methadone? I have has the basil (pretty sure thats the name) Kratom for the past few months but never touched it because the first few times I TRIED to use it NOTHING happened, but I was always on a serious amount of dope or methadone, so the Kratom did shit.

anyway, I will be attempting to get off methadone come December; my final dosage should be around Dec 15th, so I plan to take my last dose around that date and slowly try and help make the transition from methadone to NOTHING w/ a help of Kratom. anyone try this before?

I am on 51MG methadone now and dropping about 1MG a day or so, so when I am down to 5MG of methadone I will start using Kratom to help w/ the withdrawals.

anyone do this before? any advice? I never have done Kratom and had it work; I always been a real bad dope fiend so Kratom never did a thing; I was using 1-2 grams of dope a day before I got on methadone; I was on 95MG methadone for my top dose and now down to 51MG and plan on getting off around Dec 15th and moving to Kratom for a week to fully help with withdrawals.

any advice here? I am new to Kratom, so any help is great.

I go away for 2-3 weeks to an inhouse rehab cuz my 2nd DUI, which is why I am getting OFF methadone and need to be OFF EVERYTHING before I leave on Jan 4th.

Kratom is a norepinephrine releaser because it works as an antagonist as a2a/a2c adrenergic autoreceptors, like yohimbine. This is why it's stimulating in lower doses (below where mitragynine activates the mu opioid receptor). That's probably why it keeps you awake. Drugs that are the opposite - a2a/a2c receptor agonists, are powerful sedatives and antihypertensives like clonidine.

Kratom use probably also elevates blood pressure a little. In combination with caffeine it could cause hypertension.

There are vasodilating properties in some of the alkaloids, too. I might have to get the sphygmomanometer out and log bp for a few months.

Hmm this doesnt seem so good as an anti depressant after all. did antoher trial this week and 1st dose of the week worked good; good mood lift and all with little ill effects but then tried again on friday (tuesday was first) and couldnt catch hardly any euphoira dispite taking 3 grams vs 2 on tuesday, and got the flu symptoms coming back again and couldnt sleep well last night :( so it does seem pretty conclusive now its the kraom that causes these flu symptoms for me.

Once every so often isnt pretty pointless. Unless Im thinking i could find other substances to jump from one to the other to cover me through most days of the week, with maybe a couple off. but Ive run out of 'natural' stuff now so eitehr i venture into the no mans land of research chemicals or jump on the mainstram bandwagon of anti depressants or majically find the root cause of my depression and all my issues will vanish. Then agina there is ol' meditaiton and excercise which is a cure all panacea for everything as everyone says, now if only i had thought of that; how simple thanks chief im cured.

Seems Im going to have to degrade my morals now of using drugs tested on animals to try and get some releif from this brain crippling malady.

Hmm this doesnt seem so good as an anti depressant after all. did antoher trial this week and 1st dose of the week worked good; good mood lift and all with little ill effects but then tried again on friday (tuesday was first) and couldnt catch hardly any euphoira dispite taking 3 grams vs 2 on tuesday, and got the flu symptoms coming back again and couldnt sleep well last night :( so it does seem pretty conclusive now its the kraom that causes these flu symptoms for me.

Once every so often isnt pretty pointless. Unless Im thinking i could find other substances to jump from one to the other to cover me through most days of the week, with maybe a couple off. but Ive run out of 'natural' stuff now so eitehr i venture into the no mans land of research chemicals or jump on the mainstram bandwagon of anti depressants or majically find the root cause of my depression and all my issues will vanish. Then agina there is ol' meditaiton and excercise which is a cure all panacea for everything as everyone says, now if only i had thought of that; how simple thanks chief im cured.

Seems Im going to have to degrade my morals now of using drugs tested on animals to try and get some releif from this brain crippling malady.

I'm sorry for not going back and reading more of your posts, but I'm confused what you are going for. You say kratom isn't a good anti-depressant, and then said you couldn't "catch hardly any euphoria". Not being depressed doesn't necessarily mean being euphoric. If kratom makes you feel like you have flu symptoms, maybe it just isn't something that 'sets right' with you.

If you have honestly tried the natural things you seem to scoff at (meditation, exercise, diet, supplements, etc) and they really don't help, maybe you should talk to your doc about what is best. Going down the road of rc's, or even street drugs, looking for a cure for your depression is not going to end well.

well catching euphoria was the wrong term I just used in my stream of consciousness. if you wanted to be specific i meant 'didnt catch good wellbeing' like i did on the tuesday.

I think once per week might mitigate the negative effects but more than that it seems to start bringing out the negative side effects.

I swear i just need a nice dopamine boost, cos since last night i have megadosed on l tyrosine (3-5grams) and it wipes out my snivvelling complaining immeditely. trouble with tyrosine is tolerance builds super fast so doesnt work regular from my experience.

too bad theres no wellbutrim in the uk.

Anyway i wont bother going off the tangent of this thread.

Had anyone her ever tried smoking kratom?

I put a small amount (probably 50mg) on some weed in my pipe and tried it. It tasted pretty gross but not terrible and I definitely felt different than my usual weed high. I'm not recommending it, just wonder if anyone else has tried.

Hello everyone.
So I am thinking about ordering Kratom. I used it once 4-5 years ago and don't remember at what dose or what variety. But i remember that generally I liked it.
My vendor offers next:
-Malay green (n/a right now),
-Borneo red,
-Sumatra white,
-Sumatra red,
-Riau red (n/a),
-Riau green,
-Thai red (n/a),
-Mix.
What would be the best? Do you hear anything about of them or your vendors offers completely different varieties? AFAIK "Red" sorts are more potent (common rule), right?
I have no tolerance to opiods and don't drink coffee for half a year (I prefer green tea) so I think I wouldn't be disappointed even from "White" variety. But should I even try when I can get "Red"?

Last edited:
What I've read is that reds are more sedating. That's been GENERALLY true in my experience but you never know what you're actually getting. I've had stimulating Bali before.

Yup, "they" say green is more stimulating, red's more sedating (or opiate like, and best for pain) and whites in the middle.

I've had my share of kratom but usually order green , white kali or maeng da. This next time it'll be Borneo red.

PS red text is reserved for mods when they remove / edit stuff :)

I'm pretty new to kratom. Been using it for about a month. My "sweet spot" is 4-5 grams a day. I kind of blew it I think because I did it every day for about 2 weeks. Now, I don't feel anything from 4-5 grams, but when I try upping the dose to 7-8 grams I just feel crummy (headache and slightly nauseaus). I am a former heroin user, but not for about 3 years. I started kratom because I felt I was getting close mentally to starting heroin again and didn't want to do that. Kratom stopped me from obsessing on using heroin again, plus it helped my depression at first, but like I say it pooped out on me. I imagine this is a tolerance effect? Do I need to lay off completely for a while to get that good feeling back that I had in the beginning? How long? Should I expect any w/d symptoms?

Hmm. Wouldn't expect WD given your short window of use, unless the kratom stopped WD of another substance, which it sounds like is not the case. Anyway, K WDs seem to be far more manageable than opiates or benzos, they only get bad if you were a huge chronic user.

As for tolerance, it's hard for me to say, hopefully someone else can answer better. I've never had any euphoria from K, just used in opiate WD (2tsp-1T every six hours )but when I use too much I get unpleasant symptoms like weird eye tics etc.

well catching euphoria was the wrong term I just used in my stream of consciousness. if you wanted to be specific i meant 'didnt catch good wellbeing' like i did on the tuesday.

I think once per week might mitigate the negative effects but more than that it seems to start bringing out the negative side effects.

I swear i just need a nice dopamine boost, cos since last night i have megadosed on l tyrosine (3-5grams) and it wipes out my snivvelling complaining immeditely. trouble with tyrosine is tolerance builds super fast so doesnt work regular from my experience.

too bad theres no wellbutrim in the uk.

Anyway i wont bother going off the tangent of this thread.

I hate to hear that, L-Tyrosine was going to be my next suggestion. I know many people have bad experiences with anti-depressants, more than likely due to the rampant over-prescribing here in the US. But some honestly do seem to have a chemical imbalance which the right AD can help. I understand wanting to try alternatives first, but don't be afraid to try AD's. The first one you try might not the "the one", but you very well might find one that works. I would also suggest starting low and working your way up, my doc wanted me to go from taking nothing to 40mg of lexapro. I took 10mg for a week or two, and then moved up to 20mg where I started to feel better and just stayed at.

aroma borealis - That does sound like a tolerance issue, but not might be a bad thing. I got off oxys with plain leaf kratom, and like you I use to get high off of it until a tolerance built. I still use the same dosage daily (around 3 grams twice a day), and don't really get high, but it helps sooth some of the itch to use as well as seems to provide some anti-anxiety , although I suspect that is 99% psychological/ placebo

I suggest you try to go without a few days and see how you feel, maybe you are at a level know where you can be without. The only w/d I have noticed off 6 or 7 grams a day is more lucid dreams and (normal) bowel movements like clockwork each day.

If you aren't ready to give up kratom, which is ok, you can try switching strains/ vendors. I rotate between 3 or 4 vendors with my bali orders, and just the difference in each batch is enough

Also make sure to HYDRATE ya'll . The majority of kratom side effects is from the de-hydration it causes

Thanks for the comments. I have tried changing strains, but still no effects. Don't really want to up the daily dose, so I'll try laying off it for a few days and see what that does.

Tomorrow I'll be trying FST for the first time from a known legitimate source. The one that accepts only bitcoin and dwolla if you know who I mean. Will report back.

Tomorrow I'll be trying FST for the first time from a known legitimate source. The one that accepts only bitcoin and dwolla if you know who I mean. Will report back.

I tried FST, but it wasn't from your source as you said based off description. If you don't enjoy it as much, try mixng it with a small amount of plain leaf. I've found FST is pretty much a pure opiate, and the stimulating adrenergic effects disappear. I'm not sure if you enjoy the stimulating or sedating aspect of kratom, but when mixed with a small amount of plain leaf, FST can be very nice.

So I waited from friday till wednesday and took 4 grams yesterday.

Up from 3 grams, 4 was too much and I got anxiety but still there was a feeling of it not being a satisfying full bodied effect. So maybe there is not much more to get out of this? Note Im not looking for anyhting heavy or in your face, but I havent been able to get the same euphoria I did on the first time or two. Seems fruitless trying to go any higher since more just gives increased anxiety.

Strangely though I seemed to feel more relaxed at the end of the day when it was wearing off- I also had been for a run and that seemed to synergise well with the effects.

So currently Im not quite sure where this fits in the toolbox :p since it isnt quite a complete effect to be satisfactory on its own. I think it would be great incombo with something else but not sure what. Not interested in weed, something mild gabaish but I dont really wanna play wiht them since they are all addicitve apart from the overpriced and undelwhelming kava kava. Took some valerian with it yerterday which was ok to get rid of the anxiety a bit but not much more.

Im gonna try next time taking a dose before going out to pull chicks and see if it squashes my crippling fear of rejection. I went out later that eve when it was almost worn off and did feel a bit smoother once I was in an interaciton but it didnt give me a social push. Wondering what itll be like taking it right away before going out.

First off, USPS sucks! Secondly, I finally got the 3ml FST bottle. It is ssFST if you know who I mean. I wasn't sure how to dose so I took a dropper from one of my kava extract bottles and put down 10 drops just to see what will happen. I am on an empty stomach except for my morning white vein kratom dose of 5g taken approximately 1 hour ago. Will update.

T+00:10 Feeling a much greater warmth and fuzzy opiate glow, no sedation yet. Initial anxiety of trying something new is fading into a nice euphoria. Itchy too, which is always a sure sign I'm truly feeling opiate effects and not placebo.

T+01:00 Ended up downing the whole 3ml bottle. Overall I still feel like UEI > FST. Definite effects that were stronger than plain leaf, but not the pure opiate euphoria of UEI. Good news is that there is no side effects other than the itchiness.

Last edited:
Hi all!!!! Long time user of hydro here!!!
Day 2 of not swallowing pills. I did a butt load of research before I dove off into the deep end.
Kratom is "my" cure all!!!!!!
I have very little to no WD symptoms and actually feel pretty good. Bothersome pain in lower back but just downed 2 Tylenol so the pain may be history soon.

I tried kratom as a tea but it was like drinking battery acid from a dead camels anis (I think. Have no experience with dead camels)
Found the gel tabs to be the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.