• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!
I have used kratom for opiate withdrawals many times at this point and it really does work wonders.

Here is a quick guide for you..

There are generally 3 types (colors) of kratom

White: Mostly Energy
Green: Mixture
Red: Relaxation

I typically buy standard Bali which is a mixture of all 3 colors. This works pretty well for me for both day and night, although as a treat for myself I picked up some enhanced Red Indo which was very powerful and good for relaxing at night.

I am not sure what kind of tolerance you are coming from but when I first started using the kratom I found that 5 - 7 grams made into a tea was enough to curb withdrawals, and after enough to give me a little buzz that would help keep away cravings.

Right now I am on day 3 of another heroin withdrawal and I drink 2 - 3 teas a day each consisting of 10 - 15 grams of kratom. This stomps out the bulk of the withdrawal and actually gives me a little peace of mind.

If you don't know how to make the tea here is a quick guide for that:

1) Weigh out the amount of kratom you're planning to use.
2) Boil water in a pot on the stove.. For a 10 gram tea I use 2 and a half cups of water... you can use what you like itll be more or less concentrated depending
3) add kratom and stir in... bring down to a simmer.
4) let this cook for 12 - 15 mins
5) strain (i use a coffee filter)
6) Enjoy... even though it taste pretty bad

Im definitely going to buy some this weekend and try to start my withdrawals next week on Monday. I am doing about 1-2 mg of sub a day, and have tapered down from about four mg. so i never really did too much but have been on it for almost two years. Ive just been worried about withdrawals and havent had a chance to get time off from work to go through this. But ive decided theres no better time than the present and am going to do a very rapid taper down to .25 a day over the next week. Im working with kind of a budget so where would you recommend to get some cheap high quality kratom? Like i said i want two different types one for energy and focus during the day to get me through work, and one to take in the evening that when combined with zzzquil will get me a decent nights sleep. I have a little bit of time off from work but not enough time off to get through all the acute withdrawals; honestly im more worried about the paws bc i have pretty bad anxiety and depression as it is. I dont know what to do im honestly scared of what im going to be facing. But i have to do it so that i can provide a better life for myself and my children who will be two in October(theyre twins). Are there any other methods of getting the kratom in my body besides making a tea out of it?

I only have experience with heroin withdrawal which is a pretty short withdrawal. I am actually on day 4 right now. I have heard from people that sub withdrawal seems to last a lot longer than heroin. I would say you will probably have a week of acute withdrawal from it but because of your tapering schedule it should be lessened.

My experience with PAWS is intense lack of energy, motivation, bordem, and insomnia.

For your kratom I always purchase from a website called kratomking. He has very cheap kratom and good options for shipping.

I would not suggest any other method than the tea. If you take it in capsule form it takes a lot longer to kick in, and doesn't have as much potency too it. The tea allows all the alkaloids to be extracted from the powder when you boil it, which makes it kick much stronger

My friend just gave me 10 grams of Maeng Da kratom... is this enough to stop a .5 gram a day heroin habit withdrawal symptoms? I know no one will have a definitive answer but any experience related to this would be helpful, I know it's not enough to taper or whatever but just for one day.

no 10 grams is not enough to stop a .5 gram habit... maybe 20-25 grams would take a major edge off... but the 10 grams will help. Wait until your all the way sick and take it on an empty stomach.

BTW guys relapsed on kratom got up to 35 grams a day. Spent 14 days tapering now.. im down to 15 g's now... been at 15 for 3 days.. going down to 12 tomorrow.. gonna stay there for 3 days and then go to 8 for a few days and just jump. cuz anything under 8 grams a day I dont even really get relief.

BTW guys relapsed on kratom got up to 35 grams a day. Spent 14 days tapering now.. im down to 15 g's now... been at 15 for 3 days.. going down to 12 tomorrow.. gonna stay there for 3 days and then go to 8 for a few days and just jump. cuz anything under 8 grams a day I dont even really get relief.

I feel you. I had gotten my heroin habit under control, and was using kratom for maintenance. After using kratom exclusively for almost 6 months, I got my dose down to 3 grams. Taking 7 grams could actually make me warm and fuzzy. Well, I relapsed on oxy and heroin for only about 4 days. i didn't get any withdrawal at the end of the binge, but now kratom does absolutely nothing for me. It's been 3 weeks since I used the heroin, and still cant' feel kratom unless I throw some kpin in. I also need to take 15-20 grams to even feel anything, dosing multiple 10 gram doses an hour until I feel an affect. This is bullshit. Once I find a steady dose I feel kratom at, I'm gonna taper down off 5 grams per day, then jump off when Im' at 10g per day. If I'm gonna use opiates, I may as well go all in. Kratom is just giving me a tickle, and making me want more.

So I've been sitting on a bag of mange da (green) for months and still have yet to use it. Mostly because I have no idea how much to dose. I hear 5mg to start? Roughly what is that? A teaspoon ?? Tablespoon? I just don't want my first few times to be me throwing up. I'd like to use it to substitute my norco doses. I usually take 30 mg of norco (2-3x a day). That's 3...10 mg norcos per dose. Ok....I know, I'm being redundant...sorry. Anyways, can anyone give ms a rough guideline of a good dose to substitute my opiate dose? Thanks everyone.

Get a scale and weigh out 5 grams, don't expect to use spoons to measure it accurately.

I am going to Texas tomorrow for a wedding, and my brother is getting me two "vials" of it...What does it feel like? Opiate at high doses, and stimulant at low?
Thanks for any replies.

I've never heard of a vial of kratom. I order mine by the 100g bag that comes vac packed. Usually get 3-4 of those.

for me, a low dose does nothing.
a medium dose takes away CTW.
a large dose is very unpleasant. Never puked on it but can make me feel ticish and like my eyes are dry as heck. I also can't sleep and have a headache in the morning from large dose.
i consider a tbsp or around 7g a medium dose.

I am going to Texas tomorrow for a wedding, and my brother is getting me two "vials" of it...What does it feel like? Opiate at high doses, and stimulant at low?
Thanks for any replies.

Anything under 4 grams is gonna feel like 2 cups of strong coffee, without the jitters. Great for physical labor.

4-8 grams is gonna sedate you, but I wouldn't call it an "opiate high" unless you're opiate naive. If Perc 5's are getting you high still, then yeah it'll work, but it doesn't really work like that if you have any opiate tolerance whatsoever, and within about 10-15 doses the magic wears off.

I do still take it daily however, for maintenance, and because its stimulant affects never seem to grow tolerance. I guess it's due to its effects at the adrenergic system, and tolerance builds differently to that.

If you have absolutely no opiate tolerance, any dose more than 7 or 8 grams is gonna have the room spinning, and you hugging the toilet for a good hour. When I was new to kratom I took a 10g dose, and literally just puked and laid on the couch dizzy all day. Complete was of 36 hours, have never been so dizzy and messed up in my life, not even alcohol gave me the spins that bad.

For myself, with little/no tolerance 1-2g is pretty mild and a bit stimulating/calm, 2-5 grams starts to get warm and fuzzy with a bit of itchiness and some euphoria lasting a few hours. More than that, the effects and duration are a bit stronger but I hit something of a ceiling for how good it can feel and if I push it, I could get dizzy.

I remember my first couple times, I took 5grams and it was pretty strong and felt great, the next day I had 4g of a different kind and was spinning out and I did have some minor opiate tolerance at the time (I was doing 250-300mg of Codeine 2-4x a week for two or three months).

Thanks for the reply sekio. I'm glad I haven't tried to just spoon it out. I have two kids and a job so I can't be puking and laid up all day. Appreciate it.

Sekio is definitely right as spooning it isn't the most accurate and it can be risky when trying a new batch with a different consistency. However, once I get used to the strength of a certain batch, I can't be bothered to weigh it out all the time and resort to using half-teaspoons/teaspoons. The amount of kratom obviously varies in the spoon, but it falls within a generally predictable range if you know your limits.

Ive been cutting my dose and taking benzos and drinking... and those days, and not drinking or xanax on the days I sorta stabalize at that dose... Taper going much better than other times imo. Staying positive.

Im also on "the" kratom forum. If any of you guys are also conniseurs to the subtstance, I recommend checking it out. You can figure out where it is, based on what I said, another of the words is in it.

this stuff seriously saved my life. Ive been taking it daily for about 1.5 years.... without it, staying off of heroin and oxy would be nearly impossible

it also helps treat my crohns and is the only thing ive foubd that can constipate me enough to poop like a normal person AND takes away my stomach pain. All of it. I usex to be hunched over in pain half of the time, it was bad

if they make this stuff illegal, as they are trying to, I dont even want to think of mylife returning to pre-kratom sstatus. ...

I was depressed all the time (still am sometimes not near as bad though) andtheres alsp the whoke stomach thing. Oh, and the not having cravings for *real* drugs

god I hate he govt for trying to makd it illegal. ... its all aboit $ for the pharmadeutical industry.... if you think otherwise you are a fool...

this plant is as harmless as marijuana and equally wrongfully demonized (its gona make black men rape white women!)

Does anyone else get massive kratom munchies after a large dose? Kratom makes me pig out which is a major reason of mine to get off it. I think it's a great plant and the addiction potential is low if you don't dose every day. I've been through w/d and it is MUCH more forgiving than other opiates. I'm going through them now and mainly feel a serious sense of boredome and anxiety, but not too many physical side effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.