• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of antihistamines do most of you Kratom users find help with your itching and rashes from Kratom--ESPECIALLY those that DON'T make you really tired so you can actually go around and do things while on Kratom WITHOUT itching like crazy.

What kind of strain are you taking? I tried a lot of different ones and never had the itches :? It just seems strange to me since the active ingredient should not cause a strong histamine release afaik.

€: +1 on Kratom+Weed. It is a pretty cool combo as long as you don't smoke yourself into a stupor^^

What kind of strain are you taking? I tried a lot of different ones and never had the itches :? It just seems strange to me since the active ingredient should not cause a strong histamine release afaik.

€: +1 on Kratom+Weed. It is a pretty cool combo as long as you don't smoke yourself into a stupor^^

Green Malay and Bali.

No offense but this post isn't helping so why are you asking??

Obviously I am having an issue with it.

I think if I'm not wrong that all Opioids/Opiates can cause histamine release.

I've gotten itching from every type of Kratom I've ever done and also with most opiates.

I also have a lot of allergies and skin conditions that it makes act up.

So does anyone have any advice as to what I can use to make the itching and rashes go away when taking Kratom?

It's getting to the point that I think I may need to stop for a while to make this rash go away.

Mycophile - Zyrtec (Cetirizine) is commonly considered the strongest anti-histamine of the OTC non-drowsy second-gen class of antihistamines. You can also try topical creams containing dipenhydramine if you get itchy on a particular part of your body.

I'm in the process of saying goodbye to Kratom after nearly two years. It just doesn't have the kick that it once did and it's become a crutch. I've quit the dope and benzo's, now it's time for Kratom to go too. It makes me crave 'real' drugs too much. I'm down to < 8g per day of plain leaf. I can't believe I'm being such a pussy about this ...considering I've quit heroin 5-8g of Kratom should be a walk in the park on a cool summer day. I truly believe it's possible to develop some form of PTSD when it comes to withdrawals. No matter how easy they are I'm horrified of them.

^^^

Thanks.

For me Kratom is incredible and the only big issue is the itching (and also the difficulty sleeping at night afterwards).

I just want something to help with the itching.

I will try Zyrtec.

Be glad that you're still getting the itchies.. They go away almost completely once tolerance develops.. around the same time I stopped getting the itches I was in the process of becoming physically dependent. Just something to keep in mind.

Be glad that you're still getting the itchies.. They go away almost completely once tolerance develops.. around the same time I stopped getting the itches I was in the process of becoming physically dependent. Just something to keep in mind.

Well I'm not going to let myself become physically dependent cause I only do it 2--3 days a week.

But do you think that the itchies might go away despite the fact that I'm not going to get addicted to it??

I really hope so...

Did Zyrtec stop you itching when were still getting it??

Also, do you know if the diphenydramine creams are sedating like the pills or do they not have that effect?

Last edited:
^^^

Thanks.

For me Kratom is incredible and the only big issue is the itching (and also the difficulty sleeping at night afterwards).

I just want something to help with the itching.

I will try Zyrtec.

Any antihistamine will help you.
2nd generation antihistamines are non-sedating (cetrizine, loratadine, fexofenadine, ect...)

Well I'm not going to let myself become physically dependent cause I only do it 2--3 days a week.

But do you think that the itchies might go away despite the fact that I'm not going to get addicted to it??

I really hope so...

Did Zyrtec stop you itching when were still getting it??

Also, do you know if the diphenydramine creams are sedating like the pills or do they not have that effect?

They only went away once I had a tolerance. Tolerance can happen independent of significant physical dependence.

Zyrtec helped more than Claritin.

DPH creams are non-sedating.

Just got 5.5g of Kratom I bummed it off my weed guy who had some. =D I haven't been to sleep in about 20 hours so I'm saving it for tomorrow. Gonna smoke a bowl and sleep soon. Do you think taking all 5.5g will be a good first try?

^if your kratom is good you may not even need 5g.

I take around 2g to get full effects but i have no tolerance ATM.
For me less is more with kratom

^if your kratom is good you may not even need 5g.

I take around 2g to get full effects but i have no tolerance ATM.
For me less is more with kratom

I want the sedative feeling. It's the first time I'm ever trying Kratom.

^ well I'd personally take half the amount, so around 2-3g for your first time but I don't really know the quality of your kratom (it tends to be garbage unless you buy it from a specialized store).
If that's not enough then take a little more.

First timers tend to be less sensitive to the effects. I always hand out 5g doses to people interested in trying it and have never had anyone complain it was too strong or made them feel ill. With semi-regular use you seem to develop a bit of reverse tolerance and need less to get a decent buzz out of it. My standard dose now is 2.5-3.5g sometimes followed by a 1g booster about an hour later to prolong the duration.

I generally don't get itchy from kratom either. The one exception being a batch of green malay I have at the moment. It's stronger than any kratom I've had before, to the point that I think it might be cut with some RC opioid or something... Even 0.5g produces noticeable effects, 1.5-2g producing full effects and anything over 3.5g will have me feeling quite dizzy an unwell. It also gives me pinpoint pupils and causes constipation. My other strains (red and white sumatra) don't really seem to constrict my pupils too obviously, and although they'll prevent me from taking a shit whilst on them they don't jam my insides well into the next day like this malay does.

Any new histamine should work quite well for itching and not make you drowsy. For my hayfever I've got lots of loratadine (claritin) lying around and it works the best out of all the ones I've tried.

I like the itches.

Even with good kratom, some people need more. I wouldn't even feel 5 grams of the best stuff.

^ well I'd personally take half the amount, so around 2-3g for your first time but I don't really know the quality of your kratom (it tends to be garbage unless you buy it from a specialized store).
If that's not enough then take a little more.

First timers tend to be less sensitive to the effects. I always hand out 5g doses to people interested in trying it and have never had anyone complain it was too strong or made them feel ill. With semi-regular use you seem to develop a bit of reverse tolerance and need less to get a decent buzz out of it. My standard dose now is 2.5-3.5g sometimes followed by a 1g booster about an hour later to prolong the duration.

I generally don't get itchy from kratom either. The one exception being a batch of green malay I have at the moment. It's stronger than any kratom I've had before, to the point that I think it might be cut with some RC opioid or something... Even 0.5g produces noticeable effects, 1.5-2g producing full effects and anything over 3.5g will have me feeling quite dizzy an unwell. It also gives me pinpoint pupils and causes constipation. My other strains (red and white sumatra) don't really seem to constrict my pupils too obviously, and although they'll prevent me from taking a shit whilst on them they don't jam my insides well into the next day like this malay does.

Any new histamine should work quite well for itching and not make you drowsy. For my hayfever I've got lots of loratadine (claritin) lying around and it works the best out of all the ones I've tried.

Awesome just woke up. I'm gonna probably wait till later in the day/night to try it since I'm gonna have to drive and pick things up in a bit. I saw smoking with it is fine, but is being high before taking it okay? I'm not sure why I feel inclined to ask that, but hey just to be safe. Cause i'm about to light a bowl then eat the Kratom later after errands.

I like the itches.

Even with good kratom, some people need more. I wouldn't even feel 5 grams of the best stuff.

I would like the itching if it was only itching by itself, but I have a history of impetigo, rashes and staph infections and had a recent rash and the Kratom is now not only giving me nice little itches which I like but causing my previously cured Impetigo to pop out again which I obviously don't like.

I'm seeing a dermatologist tommorrow but since I don't want to tell her I do Kratom I'm just gonna tell her I used vicodin for pain and ask her if an antihistamine can allow me to take it without having a rash outbreak.

Ok I just tried 5.5g of Kratom. My first ever Kratom experience. The magic should happen in about 30-40 minutes correct? I've also got some weed with me i may use.

Ok I just tried 5.5g of Kratom. My first ever Kratom experience. The magic should happen in about 30-40 minutes correct? I've also got some weed with me i may use.

How was it?

How was it?

Hmm. Itchy, but not bad. I couldn't stop myself from smoking weed with it. lol. So I enjoyed it. xD I feel like I might need more then 5g of Kratom to achieve the really sedated i want. Unless what you said happened with reverse tolerance.

That clearly wasn't a joke, you were being serious about them being 8mg's and 15mgs not being much of a difference. But it doesn't matter if you CWE.

You're wrong about the bit before the comma, right about the bit after it. The last bit is irrelevant, I'm no stranger to the process. I've used these 8mg ones before, crushed up 40 of them, went through the process. Either way you're needing damn near a whole bottle lol

Status
Not open for further replies.