• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom dosing

there really is a huge variance in kratom quality that can't be understated, at least there can be, but not always

I'd say most kratom is average and not too different, but the difference between bad stuff and excellent stuff is huge

I've had kratom that felt 2x stronger than another brand, and that difference is very noticeable

If you aren't that experienced with kratom it's probably hard to tell if you have good or bad stuff

@Antiprosynthesis it took me several years to find the best vendors and strains from those vendors, don't form an opinion too quickly about kratom in general

I'd shop around a bit :)
I apreciate Kratom a lot, i actually was really into It about 15 yrs ago, IT even was a while the only drug i used and i did daily...

I Just needed a lot of information cause i didn't know lots of things anymore after such a long time... (I have memory problems)

If my vendor sells the same quality as in the past i believe it should be good quality cause when i started out with kratom and experimented extensively with different strains while searching for good quality sources - i could very easily get acces to a wilde variety of Kratom in the smartshop on the corner of my street, instead i order IT online cause imo the smartshops sell lesser quality at around 25% higher prices...

Because I researched it i was aware of the differences in quality.

Last edited:
I got mine from Sabai Sabai botanicals kratom vendors green red and white strains. later on I got capsules from Amazon and made my own capsules because the powder is yucky but I do like knowing that I made the capsules and it’s no fillers just kratom

Last edited by a moderator:
I also liked blends of White and red but always made Them myself cause otherwise they are quite a bit more expensive, capsules when purchased seem to be less strong and when purchased empty capsules to fill Them myself i noticed some dont dissolve in a glass of cola, which make me question its effectiveness...

I not that Long ago did my second dose of Kratom and this was noticably more than 12g but i did this because It was the last of the bag (,i shared with Friends) and cause i wondered what a bigger dode would do - i remember taking larger doses in the past and experienced no negative side effects and intenser positive ones.

I feel intenser effect and AM enjoying It a lot more atm, but i also did a Line of amp and smoked some joints: they have a very pleasant synergy, i AM quite high in my head and feel pretty calm while still being able to think well and fluently, i experience i AM quite stimulated and feel the need to keep myself busy and do things but the quality of the exepierence of this stimulation is much higher than when i only use amps cause its quite prominent without having a Sharp edge to IT.

Also the symbiotic, opposite effects of stimulation and sedation are really something i like, IT makes me think of a safe speedball... Also i experience a lot more euphoria than when i use all 3 drugs seperatly, i feel really happy, i AM not really worrying about stuff and there is a pronounced anxiolytic effect, i Also i experience a body high that manifests itself in a not all too mild de Sensation of energy a little bit tingeling in a way is flowing to my veins and muscles and i believe i experience muscle relaxation - while amp use normally produce muscle tension which can lead to muscle pain in the cheast...

I always liked speedballs a lot (i think of a speedball the combo coke/heroin, tho i really liked the combo heroin/Meth too but only did so once) and in general i prefered to use drug combo',s , even when i was in my most extreme coke addiction periods were i wanted to spend as much money on as i could i still used also large amounts of alcohol all the time cause this took the Sharp edges off of coke and cause of the effects cocaethyleen produces as It was way more euphoric and had less negative stim side effects: i actually was addicted to cocaethyleen and not that much to erythroxylum coca.

I really got interested in drug combo'"s when i at very Young age Read that this enhances the effects of each drug and that combo's produced holistic effects which in my case is for a large part the increase of euphoria, which feels as not Just increased but also due to several synergetic effects created a new Sensation of euphoria that was holistic by nature, they also call this the '1+1=3 effect; cause the combination of different drugs creating different effects also produces effects that are not An effect of each drug on its own...

Last edited:
I bought green maeng da once and threw it in the trash after 1 use ,it’s to speedy for me , if you’d like a nice chill feeling kratom buy Red Bali ,throw a heaping tablespoon in some chocolate milk and blend it ,you’ll start feeling it in a few minutes
A tablespoon is WAY too high a dose if they’ve never used it before.
I take green all the time. It’s Very relaxing. 3-4 grams will be perfect to calm you down. The red bali would too, but since you got the green today in the mail (probably meaning there is no smoke shop nearby), try it.
4 grams of green Indo makes me feel relaxed and calm. But since you’re new to it, take 3.
(Btw a teaspoon is about 4 grams if it’s not heaping. A tablespoon is from 10-13 grams, depending on the tablespoon. )

But i hope if Will produce anxielotic effect?

And such huge.doses, IT seems i lost all feeling with kratom i cant remember what doses exactly i took but i was in everything extreme in the past and now i try to do less is more so i Couldnt wait dosing i had no patience and i was hoping this would make me feel beter and made IT somewhat easyer do i already 2g but by.now.i should.not expect IT Will after so long still kick in but when you say i probably at least should do like ten g OR so? I planned on redosing.2.g so this Will not produce any effects? I dont think i can ingest ten g i already have my doubts if i Will be able to even ingest.another. Two g the first two g.already made me puke but nothing came out and i drank most but not all and after that simply could not ingest anymore so needing ten g really sucks for me atm what would be the lowest dose i would.need simply to feel anything at all forgetting about getting downer effects simply any effect Will do what would IT at least take smallest dode possible,?
I’m sorry is “IT” kratom or whatever speed you were taking? Without punctuation and with typos, I’m having a hard time understanding what you’re saying. 🧐
..and it’s anxiolytic btw.

And have you taken kratom before? (If you already said the answer, I apologize. I haven’t read every response on this thread) Or take opiates? You said you experimented with speed balling but not very often. If you’ve never had a problem with opiates or used kratom before, I’m confused why someone would tell you to take a tablespoon or 10 grams to start off with. I would take 2 or 3 and then wait an hour. If the desired effect hasn’t been reached, then take 2 more. Continue with this a few times until you know if it’s helping or hurting.

Last edited:
A tablespoon is WAY too high a dose if they’ve never used it before.
I take green all the time. It’s Very relaxing. 3-4 grams will be perfect to calm you down. The red bali would too, but since you got the green today in the mail (probably meaning there is no smoke shop nearby), try it.
4 grams of green Indo makes me feel relaxed and calm. But since you’re new to it, take 3.
(Btw a teaspoon is about 4 grams if it’s not heaping. A tablespoon is from 10-13 grams, depending on the tablespoon. )
I said i tried green once and tossed it , i buy red bali i use a heaping tablespoon,,,perfect dose for me

I said i tried green once and tossed it , i buy red bali i use a heaping tablespoon,,,perfect dose for me
Yes but we’re talking about someone else, not you. This person doesn’t seem to have much opiate or kratom experience. I wasn’t saying it’s too high a dose for you.

If you're not experienced I would say 3-5 grams is the standard,
Myself, even after 4 years of regular use and almost 2 years of daily use (with breaks) 3-3.5 grams still hit properly, though not like the start, obviously.

the most typical output of using too much is dizziness, nausea and dysphoria, you don't want that, even if it's "short lived" (1-1.5 hours). If it happens nothing better than EATING something, it seems contradictory (to your belly specially) but it's not, it destroys the nausea in matter of minutes, in the worst case scenario it makes you puke and then you feel better.

I used to take Kratom a lot but I think I was really over-doing it dose-wise: taking too much and using extracts too. I never really felt anything from it, regardless of the strain or type, so I wondered why people liked it so much. Now I've read that Kratom definitely works best with a 'less-is-more' approach - that if you take too much it actually negates any positive effects. Not sure how true that is but I'm only going to use low doses now - maybe 5-10 grams and see what happens.

What kind of effects do you find Kratom gives you? Is it quite noticable or subtle? Does it really feel opiate-like?