• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Kratom advice

No, your bodies just require more of the plant to get an effect, probably because of prior opiate abuse. I'm not "immune" to effects from higher doses lol. It just jacks up my tolerance so I can no longer get strong effects from the low doses like I'd prefer to. So I would eventually have to take 8-15g to get the effects I could get from 4-6g. I've been down that road and it wasn't worth it for me. I can get extremely sedated to the point of nodding off from just 4g, sometimes even 3g can wreck me this much. So I definitely get quality stuff. The effects I get on 3-4 is probably similar to how you feel on 8-15. But kratom is the only opioid related substance I've ever used. At the end of the day some peoples body chemistries are different and they simply require higher doses even if they haven't abused opiates.
I'm rather jealous 🥺

I can't even remember the last time I've had a nod from kratom itself, but I remember needing large doses to achieve them.

Yeah, could be from all the heroin before I got into kratom

Last edited:
I was on opioid maintenance with 600mg/d morphine. Kicked that with the aid of pregabalin + memantine (both very good for this) and was off any opioid for at least 4 months now. Ordered some kratom and the first high dose (maybe 10g, taken in some split doses over 2-3h) gave me an opioid warmth as missed for long time. But this worked just once, like it did in the past when I skipped the morphine for one day (when I was down to 120mg) and took a high dose of red vein - this had me nodding but only once. Kratom is only partially cross tolerant with opioids, it's also just a partial agonist but weirdly doesn't seem to induce precipitated w/d like buprenorphine does.

Well, opioid tolerance's a bitch. Some days on kratom were enough to reinforce withdrawal when skipping 1-2 days. Need use memantine again and stay clear of kratom.. it is more dysphoric than euphoric now anyways.
Took this night maybe 15g and nothing really. Good quality stuff, the same which felt opiatey.

Kratom's effects seem to vary greatly from person to person. I've NEVER nodded on kratom, no matter how much or what kind I take. If I take a massive dose I just get nausea, dysphoria, and dizziness. It doesn't do much for my chronic pain either-- a little, but no better than ibuprofen.

On the other hand, it did help me kick opioids and it definitely gives me a mood lift and energy. I'm dependent on it for work. And yes, my tolerance has increased dramatically over the last couple of years.

And yes, it has an opiate-blocking effect. I've dabbled in opioids now&then but it's not worth it. Even if I lay off the kratom for a day or two, it takes like 80mg of oxycodone to even feel anything (they are Rx pills-- my buddy on disability has a script). This is probably a good thing. I don't want to reignite my pill addiction; I can't afford it. And I won't do heroin anymore-- 2 buddies of mine have died of fentanyl OD, and another had a very close call.

Kratom's effects seem to vary greatly from person to person. I've NEVER nodded on kratom, no matter how much or what kind I take. If I take a massive dose I just get nausea, dysphoria, and dizziness. It doesn't do much for my chronic pain either-- a little, but no better than ibuprofen.

On the other hand, it did help me kick opioids and it definitely gives me a mood lift and energy. I'm dependent on it for work. And yes, my tolerance has increased dramatically over the last couple of years.

And yes, it has an opiate-blocking effect. I've dabbled in opioids now&then but it's not worth it. Even if I lay off the kratom for a day or two, it takes like 80mg of oxycodone to even feel anything (they are Rx pills-- my buddy on disability has a script). This is probably a good thing. I don't want to reignite my pill addiction; I can't afford it. And I won't do heroin anymore-- 2 buddies of mine have died of fentanyl OD, and another had a very close call.
I hear ya. I would imagine my tolerance has been ruined as well for pain pills but that's okay with me. I had my share and did my thing so it's all good. I don't " nod " either....never have and I use it for the same reason you do. Mood lift, energy and anxiety suppression. I do take the biggest dose at night though because I sleep much better......get drowsy after about 30 minutes and I wake up way less at night. All my life I would wake up every few hours and struggle to fall back asleep but not anymore.

It's good that you put away the heroin for good. Sorry you had to lose close friends to the fent epidemic. I lost a coupe friends myself . They died within 6 months of each other. Both fent OD. He died first and then his wife 6 months later. Their children were devastated. I didn't even know they were IV'ing. They had only popped pills around me and maybe drank a beer or two once in awhile. But when the scripts dried up they turned to heroin unbeknownst to me. This was a couple years ago. They were a happy couple too. Married for 19 years and still really close. So sad.

... I do take the biggest dose at night though because I sleep much better...
See, it has the opposite effect on me. Even with the allegedly sedating Reds. If I take any amount of kratom 2hrs or less before bedtime, I won't get to sleep. It's like a lingering meth high.

See, it has the opposite effect on me. Even with the allegedly sedating Reds. If I take any amount of kratom 2hrs or less before bedtime, I won't get to sleep. It's like a lingering meth high.
same here, keeps me awake for 2-3 hours at least

I rarely dose at night

it's the adrenal effect

I'm new to Kratom...just started taking it this week. I've taken it about 6 times. I have very severe endometriosis that is in my intestines. I have pain every day, moderate to severe that gets VERY severe on my cycle. I am meeting with a team of surgeons this week to discuss a complicated surgery. I couldn't get pain management without something being wrong with my back, and I'm not willing to go through MRI's and all these injections in my back to get pain meds. I used to have an opiate addiction but have been clean for over 3 years. I was reading on here about T3's and stumbled across the Kratom discussion.
So after much research, I bought Red Bali Kratom from my local smoke shop. I started with 1/2 a gram (just to know how I would react to it) and now after 4 days, I'm taking 4g twice a day. I'm not getting this great feeling everyone talks about. And I'm getting minimal pain relief. I think it even made me kind of irritable one day. Can anyone guide me on this? Am i not taking enough. It's a basic brand of Kratom, nothing fancy. I don't know if I'm allowed to say the brand name on here. But I'll say I went to 3 smoke shops, and it was the main brand they had. I've been mixing the powder with water and drinking it (if that changes the effect). Any advice would be much appreciated.
It doesn't hurt my stomach. I eat about an hour after I drink it. I haven't really noticed any side effects except a weird feeling a couple of times, like I was restless but relaxed at the same time. I feel it, but it's nothing like people have described. Thanks in advance.

I'm new to Kratom...just started taking it this week. I've taken it about 6 times. I have very severe endometriosis that is in my intestines. I have pain every day, moderate to severe that gets VERY severe on my cycle. I am meeting with a team of surgeons this week to discuss a complicated surgery. I couldn't get pain management without something being wrong with my back, and I'm not willing to go through MRI's and all these injections in my back to get pain meds. I used to have an opiate addiction but have been clean for over 3 years. I was reading on here about T3's and stumbled across the Kratom discussion.
So after much research, I bought Red Bali Kratom from my local smoke shop. I started with 1/2 a gram (just to know how I would react to it) and now after 4 days, I'm taking 4g twice a day. I'm not getting this great feeling everyone talks about. And I'm getting minimal pain relief. I think it even made me kind of irritable one day. Can anyone guide me on this? Am i not taking enough. It's a basic brand of Kratom, nothing fancy. I don't know if I'm allowed to say the brand name on here. But I'll say I went to 3 smoke shops, and it was the main brand they had. I've been mixing the powder with water and drinking it (if that changes the effect). Any advice would be much appreciated.
It doesn't hurt my stomach. I eat about an hour after I drink it. I haven't really noticed any side effects except a weird feeling a couple of times, like I was restless but relaxed at the same time. I feel it, but it's nothing like people have described. Thanks in advance.
What brand are you using? Some are more potent than others

4g is a moderate dose, I find the pain relief at 6-8g

As for the irritation, kratom can cause this in some people due to it being a dopamine and serotonin antagonist as well as having an effect on adrenaline.

Are you taking any medications right now? It can interact negatively for some.

What brand are you using? Some are more potent than others

4g is a moderate dose, I find the pain relief at 6-8g

As for the irritation, kratom can cause this in some people due to it being a dopamine and serotonin antagonist as well as having an effect on adrenaline.

Are you taking any medications right now? It can interact negatively for some.
The brand is Remarkable Herbs. And I'm not taking any medication at all. I only take advil for pain when needed.

The brand is Remarkable Herbs. And I'm not taking any medication at all. I only take advil for pain when needed.
Remarkable herbs is a decent brand however it's pretty weak compared to others. I typically have to take more of that brand for desired effect.

Try upping the dose a bit.

Remarkable herbs is a decent brand however it's pretty weak compared to others. I typically have to take more of that brand for desired effect.

Try upping the dose a bit.
How much should I up it? I took 4g this morning....and thank you for your response. :)

Just titrate upwards until you either get the effects you search for or some unpleasant side effects. Everybody gets different effects from kratom, I have naturally high opioid tolerance and require 20+g/d for solid effects (not really solid, but enough for to be sure that it isn't placebo) but for most people 10g should be enough. Good red vein is double the strength of gold for me too, so you want to find a good strain which has high content of 7-HO and mitragynine vs. low levels of the side effects causing antagonists.

@RUC4 look for O.P.M.S. brand, it's about 50% stronger than remarkable herbs and is the other popular brand you see in most headshops

Hey everyone, I’ve been dealing with chronic pain for close to 10 years. I’ve had 3 back surgeries, multiple injections, pt, and every other conservative treatment. The only thing that helps me is oxy, but my pc only gives me 10 a month. I also have IGA nephrology, stage 3 ckd (chronic kidney disease), so I cannot take any nsaids, which makes managing my pain extremely difficult.

I’ve been taking kratom daily for probably a year and a half or so, but recently my normal dose is no longer adequately controlling my pain. It took a little experimenting to find a steady dose, but I found the most effective was 6 grams. I buy a kilo of the red bali strain in capsule form, so I know exactly how much I’m taking, also the taste was really difficult for me to get past. The kratom has been a lifesaver since I hardly get any pain meds. Usually it’ll last around 4 hours before I take more, and I usually take it 3-5 times a day.

Is there a reason why I was able to maintain a steady dose for almost 2 years without increasing how much I take? Also is it bad to take upwards of around 30 grams in a day, and is it potentially harmful to my kidneys, not that I care cause I literally would rather die than live with debilitating pain with no quality of life. The last week I have been having to take my usual 6 grams, but every 3ish hours.

I’m going to Denver from 3-3, to 3-9 also, and I was wondering if anyone has ever flown with kratom, and how did it go, how was your experience? I live in la so I’ll be going from one legal state to another. I’m pretty sure Colorado is a legal state anyways..

Thank you in advance for everyone who hopefully has some good advice.
First , get rid of the capsules because it takes time for those capsules to melt and release the kratom so you're not getting it all at once. You need to do the toss and wash. Take a mouthful of water and to your head back and hold it under your tongue. Then when you're ready dump a measuring teaspoon into that mouthful of water while your head is tipped back and then swallow it. Then have water handy and take a couple drinks of it. With practice you won't taste the kratom at all. I took a teaspoon of red Bali 2 to 3 times every day for 6 years. If you take a weekend off, it helps reset your level. The longer you can go the better. I actually stopped because I am one of those very unlucky people who started losing my hair because of kratom. Some people say it's bull and that's fine. I know that's why I was losing my hair. Now I'm on 20mcg buprenorphine patch and have had no kratom for 3 weeks. Kratom woo it's so much better. I'm in horrible pain now all the time with about 70% the pain relief I got from kratom. Not only that, it costs approx 260$ for 4 patches of buprenorphine. Now I'm screwed. Do I continue to let my hair fall out or do I have better, cheaper pain relief? One kilo of kratom lasts me about 6 months. $180. for that.
Look up potentiators for Kratom too.

I've been on a relatively high dose of kratom for about 3 years. I mostly take Maeng Da red and green, usually capsules.

I'm trying to cut back-- with limited success. I haven't had any physical side effects but I've noticed some psychological issues. Kratom's been great for working long physically demanding shifts. But when I'm at home I don't do shit. Like nothing. It's paradoxical. At work I'm energetic and highly motivated, but off work I don't wanna do anything.

Any tips on tapering?

Thanks.

I’ve looked a few times in the past for an extract from them for red Bali and couldn’t find any,I’ve tried the maeng da kratom a couple times and I didn’t like the speed-like feeling I got from them till I bought the red Bali 2hich works great for pain/ catching a buzz without the speedy feeling that came with other strains,
Does opms have a red Bali like extract that doesn’t have the speedy feeling to it ?
EZ KRATOM red bali