• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Kratom advice

Oxygod126

Bluelighter
Hey everyone, I’ve been dealing with chronic pain for close to 10 years. I’ve had 3 back surgeries, multiple injections, pt, and every other conservative treatment. The only thing that helps me is oxy, but my pc only gives me 10 a month. I also have IGA nephrology, stage 3 ckd (chronic kidney disease), so I cannot take any nsaids, which makes managing my pain extremely difficult.

I’ve been taking kratom daily for probably a year and a half or so, but recently my normal dose is no longer adequately controlling my pain. It took a little experimenting to find a steady dose, but I found the most effective was 6 grams. I buy a kilo of the red bali strain in capsule form, so I know exactly how much I’m taking, also the taste was really difficult for me to get past. The kratom has been a lifesaver since I hardly get any pain meds. Usually it’ll last around 4 hours before I take more, and I usually take it 3-5 times a day.

Is there a reason why I was able to maintain a steady dose for almost 2 years without increasing how much I take? Also is it bad to take upwards of around 30 grams in a day, and is it potentially harmful to my kidneys, not that I care cause I literally would rather die than live with debilitating pain with no quality of life. The last week I have been having to take my usual 6 grams, but every 3ish hours.

I’m going to Denver from 3-3, to 3-9 also, and I was wondering if anyone has ever flown with kratom, and how did it go, how was your experience? I live in la so I’ll be going from one legal state to another. I’m pretty sure Colorado is a legal state anyways..

Thank you in advance for everyone who hopefully has some good advice.

Sounds like your 10 pills a month are for as needed for when you have severe pain and that your Dr. thinks you should be healed enough to not need opioids daily any longer.

I have taken the same exact amount of kratom for 2 years myself and never increased dosage either. I take mine in 3-3-4-5-7 dosages. The 3 starts with my coffee in the AM and the 7 is the last dose before bed. So grams wise it's 22 per day. It's also the only drug I take. I'm a boomer so I would imagine that if it was damaging me in any way I would notice. So far so good. No downsides to it at all. Taking 6 grams at a time every 3 hours for pain is totally reasonable. If I was taking it for pain I would probably take it 4 times a day. I take mine for the mood lift and the anxiety prevention that it provides. No pain yet....knock on wood.

As far as flying with it I can't say. Technically if it's legal in the States that you are departing from and arriving at you would think it would be okay. But when we are in the air we aren't in a State. We are in a different jurisdiction as well. So technically the FAA can do what they damn well please. But kratom is easy to conceal. The caps look like a plant based substance and they say it resembles a Chinese tea extract. With a little bit of ingenuity I bet you can fly with it.

Or....if it's legal where you are going just leave yours at home and pop into any head shop there and pick some up. That way you don't have to travel with it. Then consume what you buy and pick up where you left off when you get home. That's probably what I would do so as not to be paranoid that it would be found and there was some kind of lame rule that says you can't fly with it.

"Stagnant strain syndrome" is real and switching up strains every week or two can help mitigate tolerance and bring back some pain relief.

If you only use red bali, I suggest buying one or two more strains other than bali and switch it up every few days. It works! Maybe try red maeng da or red thai or indo or malay. In general they all provide the same amount of pain relief, some strains are also more stimulating than others which is the main difference between them. Red maeng da/indo/thai are probably the closest to bali.

I've been taking around 30g per day for nearly 10 years and have noticed no obvious damage to my body. It would probably be hard on your liver, not your kidneys, so you're *probably* ok on that front.

As far as flying with it I can't say. Technically if it's legal in the States that you are departing from and arriving at you would think it would be okay. But when we are in the air we aren't in a State. We are in a different jurisdiction as well. So technically the FAA can do what they damn well please. But kratom is easy to conceal. The caps look like a plant based substance and they say it resembles a Chinese tea extract. With a little bit of ingenuity I bet you can fly with it.
I have flown with several ounces of kratom, nobody seemed to give a shit.

I think it would only be a problem in one of the 6 states where it's illegal, and Colorado isn't one so OP is probably OK.

I wouldn't take a whole kilo of the stuff, obviously. Only what you need for 6 days

I would keep it in some identifiable package though, might get some weird looks if its in an unmarked bag. OP could buy a couple oz bag from a store and use that.

I don't exactly believe in the stagnant strain thing with kratom, but maybe it's down to the individual somewhat. This is true with weed strains, but I've done kratom for many years and found there are simply: bad strains and good strains. I suppose if you are rotating a less potent strain into the mix, the good strain will work better overall though. And if you keep your tolerance lower you might not notice the less potent strain as much. But yeah I used to believe in rotating strains until I found out once I get a good strain, I can stick with it and never lose the good effects. Been sticking with this method ever since

Anyway, I've flown with it and was very nervous myself. I'd recently grabbed some from a head shop and it had come in a little jar that resembled peanut butter. Got by just fine, you'll be good. It's legal in Colorado and they sell it everywhere. I'd flown to Nebraska and they sell it everywhere there too lol. I was amused by all the "kratom sold here" signs at every gas station. Surprisingly decent stuff too but pricey.

I don't exactly believe in the stagnant strain thing with kratom, but maybe it's down to the individual somewhat. This is true with weed strains, but I've done kratom for many years and found there are simply: bad strains and good strains. I suppose if you are rotating a less potent strain into the mix, the good strain will work better overall though. And if you keep your tolerance lower you might not notice the less potent strain as much. But yeah I used to believe in rotating strains until I found out once I get a good strain, I can stick with it and never lose the good effects. Been sticking with this method ever since
I'm curious how much / how frequently you dose?

For me each strain has a very unique and distinct alkaloid profile and different effects. I could easily do a blindfold test and tell you which strain I took.

I'm a huge proponent of switching strains, after about 7 days I gain a very noticeable tolerance to a specific strain, I switch to a different strain for a week, then I can go back to the original strain and notice much less tolerance to it.

But yeah there are good brands and BAD brands in terms of quality and overall potency

I recently found a new kratom extract that is decently priced, “king kratom” they come in a bottle of 20-60pills at 25mg per pill, the 20 pill bottle is [x] and the 60pill bottle is [x] stuff works good…however if your really looking for that opiate feel OPMS black is hands down the best, from what I understand it is the 7-OH mostly responsible for that potent opiate effect and the OPMS has the highest concentration of that at 2mg per pill

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the responses! When I take the first dose of the day, I find it to be the most effective. I’ve only taken red Bali strain all the time I’ve been taken kratom because I read somewhere that it is the best for pain, but I’ll try switching it up.

I get my kratom online and it’s always been good quality. I know stagnant strain is a real thing when it came to smoking weed, but never had that problem the whole time I was taking red Bali.

My pc gives me 10 pills a month which is kind of an upgrade, considering all my previous PM docs literally refused to give me any opiates. I believe that I was getting stigmatized because I was 23 when the pain was starting to get unbearable, and they thought some young kid was too high a risk for addiction and all the other bs, I’m 29 now. The last surgery I had has given me the best results so far, and it’s been 16 months. I’m able to kind of manage my pain, but I still live with daily pain if that makes sense.

I’m hoping now that the cdc had basically said we fucked up with making it too hard for doctors to prescribe opioids that I will be able to get my doc to increase the quantity of my script. On my medical file, they have me on opioid therapy so I don’t know why I wouldn’t be able to get a couple extra pills. I have DDD (degenerative disk disease) herniated disks, and some other things. My surgeon said my mri looks like I got hit by a bus lol

I recently found a new kratom extract that is decently priced, “king kratom” they come in a bottle of 20-60pills at 25mg per pill, the 20 pill bottle is 20$ and the 60pill bottle is 50$, stuff works good…however if your really looking for that opiate feel OPMS black is hands down the best, from what I understand it is the 7-OH mostly responsible for that potent opiate effect and the OPMS has the highest concentration of that at 2mg per pill
I’m not all that experienced with kratom and all these abbreviations so can you explain what opms is lol. Also I found the availability of kratom in Nebraska hilarious cause my dad is from there and let’s just say it’s a little different from California 😂

I’m not all that experienced with kratom and all these abbreviations so can you explain what opms is lol. Also I found the availability of kratom in Nebraska hilarious cause my dad is from there and let’s just say it’s a little different from California 😂
OPMS and King Kratom are brands, they make extract pills..honestly my tolerance is usually at a place where kratom powder dosent really work all that well and I don’t want to choke down 50g of leaf powder so extract pills are the way to go for me…now poppy pod extract I can put a couple tsp in my morning coffee and be good most the day, if I take some kratom extract pills after my pod extract I can get a real nice buzz going…the only real problem with pod extracts is sometimes you’ll get a nice yield of extract and other times you’ll get half that, so very unreliable as far as that, but the shit is a godsend for heroin withdrawal and is great for pain ;)

Last edited:
I'm curious how much / how frequently you dose?

For me each strain has a very unique and distinct alkaloid profile and different effects. I could easily do a blindfold test and tell you which strain I took.

I'm a huge proponent of switching strains, after about 7 days I gain a very noticeable tolerance to a specific strain, I switch to a different strain for a week, then I can go back to the original strain and notice much less tolerance to it.

But yeah there are good brands and BAD brands in terms of quality and overall potency
I take 3.5g in the morning and 2.0-2.5g at night.
Could you though? Like how do you know the exact alkaloid profile of every plant?

You should read into this thread

Like how do you know the exact alkaloid profile of every plant?
I've been taking much higher doses than you for 10 years daily, I'm very confident in my ability to distinguish strains

the intricate differences between strains becomes much more evident when you take 10-14g at once instead of just 2-3g, trust me

I probably couldn't differentiate at 2-3g doses either

I am dependent on this plant, I am very fond of it

I recently found a new kratom extract that is decently priced, “king kratom” they come in a bottle of 20-60pills at 25mg per pill, the 20 pill bottle is 20$ and the 60pill bottle is 50$, stuff works good…however if your really looking for that opiate feel OPMS black is hands down the best, from what I understand it is the 7-OH mostly responsible for that potent opiate effect and the OPMS has the highest concentration of that at 2mg per pill

I've been impressed by the "king kratom" brand as well. A good extract for sure.

I've been impressed by the "king kratom" brand as well. A good extract for sure.
Yea they are good, one OPMS black pill is 134mg MIT and 2mg 7-OH and 5 pills are 55$, king kratom is 25mg MIT and I think .2mg 7-0H per pill with 60 pills costing 50$, so your pretty much getting about double the active ingredients with king kratom for the same price, you just have to take 5 pills to get what you’d get from 1 OPMS..but even then the OPMS is still about double the 7-OH which I think is why they are so effective

I've been taking much higher doses than you for 10 years daily, I'm very confident in my ability to distinguish strains

the intricate differences between strains becomes much more evident when you take 10-14g at once instead of just 2-3g, trust me

I probably couldn't differentiate at 2-3g doses either

I am dependent on this plant, I am very fond of it
Well, I used to also take doses between 10-15g. All that happened is I hardly felt anything anymore because that's a pointlessly high dose. So what you're saying makes even less sense. They often say less is more with kratom, and it definitely is true. Besides, tolerances vary. 10-14g for you might be the effects I get from 4-5g. My effects max out around 5g if I keep my tolerance on the lower end. As soon as I'm taking 7-8g a day, it doesn't matter if I take higher doses, it just won't give much of an effect at all anymore.
Amount of years taking this doesn't really matter. I could take it for another 5 and nothing would change for me. I take low doses to keep my tolerance low and to keep effects maximized and not have to buy into this strain rotating nonsense. But hey, if it works for you that's great. Not trying to sound condescending either. I just don't think your arguments are very strong. Did you look at that link?

I don’t know too much about kratom, but I would think like cannabis anything whith a wide variety of active chemicals working synergistically switching up strains will help keep the desired effect, so as much as it pains me to say it I think snaffy is right on the money here ;) ,I could be wrong tho

Well, I used to also take doses between 10-15g. All that happened is I hardly felt anything anymore because that's a pointlessly high dose. So what you're saying makes even less sense. They often say less is more with kratom, and it definitely is true. Besides, tolerances vary. 10-14g for you might be the effects I get from 4-5g. My effects max out around 5g if I keep my tolerance on the lower end. As soon as I'm taking 7-8g a day, it doesn't matter if I take higher doses, it just won't give much of an effect at all anymore.
Amount of years taking this doesn't really matter. I could take it for another 5 and nothing would change for me. I take low doses to keep my tolerance low and to keep effects maximized and not have to buy into this strain rotating nonsense. But hey, if it works for you that's great. Not trying to sound condescending either. I just don't think your arguments are very strong. Did you look at that link?
I think the way it works is say you take a gram a day and that gram has 15mg mit and .5mg 7-OH, you do that for an extended period of time and you now have a higher tolerance to mit than 7-oh, then you switch to something with only 7mg mit per gram and 1mg 7-OH you are now changing you tolerance up, then take into consideration there are more alkaloids in the plant at varying ratios and it’s not hard to see why strain jumping would be beneficial, a crude example but I thing it’s paints a clear picture…but again I could be wrong , it wouldn’t be the first time 💩

So if I were to purchase some king kratom, where or what site do you use, and is it good for pain? I purely use it for pain relief, I don’t need any of the stimulant effects. I read red Bali is the best for pain, does it matter what red strains you get, or does it just have to be any red kratom

So if I were to purchase some king kratom, where or what site do you use, and is it good for pain? I purely use it for pain relief, I don’t need any of the stimulant effects. I read red Bali is the best for pain, does it matter what red strains you get, or does it just have to be any red kratom
yes, it's great for pain, but we can't technically help you source it here

I recommend OPMS, Remarkable Herbs, HappyHippo, and NJOY brands, they can be found online easily and in headshops

You'll want to start with Bali or Thai for strict relaxation and pain relief, start with 3-4g and go from there

Last edited: