• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Kratom advice

Well, I used to also take doses between 10-15g. All that happened is I hardly felt anything anymore because that's a pointlessly high dose. So what you're saying makes even less sense. They often say less is more with kratom, and it definitely is true. Besides, tolerances vary. 10-14g for you might be the effects I get from 4-5g. My effects max out around 5g if I keep my tolerance on the lower end. As soon as I'm taking 7-8g a day, it doesn't matter if I take higher doses, it just won't give much of an effect at all anymore.
Amount of years taking this doesn't really matter. I could take it for another 5 and nothing would change for me. I take low doses to keep my tolerance low and to keep effects maximized and not have to buy into this strain rotating nonsense. But hey, if it works for you that's great. Not trying to sound condescending either. I just don't think your arguments are very strong. Did you look at that link?
while I do agree with the less is more sentiment when it comes to kratom, it's not to be taken literally and effects certainly don't "max out" at 5g even with no tolerance-- especially with no tolerance

I do many silly things in life, but I don't take large doses for simply no reason, it's not pointless, shit got me off heroin and does a great job at keeping me off heroin

it doesn't make sense that it "stops giving you effects" at 8g/day, to me it sounds like maybe you never even tried to go higher dose. The difference between 5g and 8g might be imperceptible (to me, it's not), the difference between 5g and 15g is obvious.

I've been up to 60g/day and certainly got very pleasant effects with minimal side effects. I think you need to shop around for some better strains or a better brand. Some brands start to have side effects at higher doses, some don't. Some strains might have a ceiling dose, some dont.

I certainly don't encourage people to dose that high, it's one hell of a dependence, but it's not pointless, and erry body is diff'rent

Last edited:
yes, it's great for pain, but we can't technically help you source it here

I recommend OPMS, Remarkable Herbs, HappyHippo, and NJOY brands, they can be found online easily and in headshops

You'll want to start with Bali or Thai for strict relaxation and pain relief, start with 3-4g and go from there
I’ve looked a few times in the past for an extract from them for red Bali and couldn’t find any,I’ve tried the maeng da kratom a couple times and I didn’t like the speed-like feeling I got from them till I bought the red Bali 2hich works great for pain/ catching a buzz without the speedy feeling that came with other strains,
Does opms have a red Bali like extract that doesn’t have the speedy feeling to it ?

I’ve looked a few times in the past for an extract from them for red Bali and couldn’t find any,I’ve tried the maeng da kratom a couple times and I didn’t like the speed-like feeling I got from them till I bought the red Bali 2hich works great for pain/ catching a buzz without the speedy feeling that came with other strains,
Does opms have a red Bali like extract that doesn’t have the speedy feeling to it ?
I think ALL Bali is technically red, could be wrong tho. OPMS green vein Thai is very relaxing, feels like Bali despite being green vein. I had some this morning it's good not speedy at all.

yes, it's great for pain, but we can't technically help you source it here

I recommend OPMS, Remarkable Herbs, HappyHippo, and NJOY brands, they can be found online easily and in headshops

You'll want to start with Bali or Thai for strict relaxation and pain relief, start with 3-4g and go from there
Both of opms liquid extracts mention maeung da so I assumed they were the speedy kind ..
I’d the black liquid extract more sedating ( dope like) then the gold ?

Never had the gold, or the liquid, but the black pill is definitely more sedating than speedy, I think it’s the high 7-OH that has the most feel of a traditional opiate, I would love to try some 7-oh isolate but I don’t think anyone even makes that

Also Iv read that 7-oh is a metabolite of mit, so I wonder if the fermentation help in that change making the longer fermented stuff more sedating

not sure, I've never really used the extracts, I prefer regular powder

maybe @Las Veghost grower knows
Agreed I just buy powder till now , I’ve only ever brought kratom from this one place , initially I bought a 1ounce package of each (green,white,and red) and flushed the green and white leftovers after trying a single dose out of it ( they felt to speedy to me) the red was the keeper and been buying from them ever since but just never bought an extract simply because the only ones discussed regularly here on BL was the opms ones , I’m gonna order a black liquid,I just wanna try it once and see for myself what they feel like .
I seen it written on the web that an opms extract would be equal to about 12 grams of kratom, which is about double what I would normally do which is very infrequent,I would do two heaping tablespoons which I guesstimated to be about 3 grams each spoon

Last edited:
while I do agree with the less is more sentiment when it comes to kratom, it's not to be taken literally and effects certainly don't "max out" at 5g even with no tolerance-- especially with no tolerance

I do many silly things in life, but I don't take large doses for simply no reason, it's not pointless, shit got me off heroin and does a great job at keeping me off heroin

it doesn't make sense that it "stops giving you effects" at 8g/day, to me it sounds like maybe you never even tried to go higher dose. The difference between 5g and 8g might be imperceptible (to me, it's not), the difference between 5g and 15g is obvious.

I've been up to 60g/day and certainly got very pleasant effects with minimal side effects. I think you need to shop around for some better strains or a better brand. Some brands start to have side effects at higher doses, some don't. Some strains might have a ceiling dose, some dont.

I certainly don't encourage people to dose that high, it's one hell of a dependence, but it's not pointless, and erry body is diff'rent
Yea I meant what I meant. Once I hit 8g a day, I could take 15g and I won't feel much if anything. I was down that road before, taking close to 30g at one point, and getting 1/10 the effect I get from 3g now. That was within the same strains because I'd been stocked up. I only get very high quality leaf from a reputable vendor offline.

You didn't read the link, did you, lol. Because I see you talking about red this green that. Congrats on getting off heroin, but you're still hella ignorant about this plant it seems.

Yea I meant what I meant. Once I hit 8g a day, I could take 15g and I won't feel much if anything
frankly I don't believe you or you have some magical body chemistry, that doesn't even make any sense

Congrats on getting off heroin, but you're still hella ignorant about this plant it seems.
not sure what you mean by ignorant, I'm giving you my own anecdotal experience from 10 years of kratom use, how is that ignorant of anything?

I did read the link, what does that have to do with doses? It has virtually nothing to do with what we are bickering about.

I think it's easier to believe a higher dose gives more effect than what you are claiming, which I still don't even understand honestly

the difference between 8g and 15g is substantial, that sucks if you're somehow immune to it

the only ceiling kratom has is the introduction of noticeable side effects, the effect doesn't just magically stop at higher doses

there are many, many people on this forum that take a lot more than 8g/day, most of them do actually... are all of us pointlessly doing that? we're all wrong?

Last edited:
Amen to that. I always needed 3 tablespoons. Ends up being about 15 g. But there were times I was able to do an ounce in a sitting. And yes I totally stopped thinking about going to the streets or doing other shady things for opiates. Kratom help me clear out some shady karma. Before that it was about 15 years of poppy pods. Once an accessible opiate was possible, a lot of bad actions that I would have done I did not have to do and I realized the drug problem was an access problem. I know why people steal for heroin. I did time for that years ago. Kratom has kept the balance in me.

People need access to things and most would not steal if they did not have to.

Last edited:
The OPMS black is considerably more sedating than the gold. Not a fan of the OPMS black, it makes me feel weird and dizzy. It feels strong but not good (to me).

Not being an extract guy I can only say one thing as quick. Stick to plain leaf, it always works the best and has the least issues. I have not had an extract in a decade. And it is my opinion that they should not be available in extract form at the corner store. Ha!

Just find a good vendor and get it by the kilo.

Last edited:
Crazy, leaf dosent really do much for me when I’m wd, pretty much the OPMS black the only kratom product that could take wd away…but I don’t mind mixing leaf with my pod tea, much cheaper that’s for sure

Crazy, leaf dosent really do much for me when I’m wd, pretty much the OPMS black the only kratom product that could take wd away…but I don’t mind mixing leaf with my pod tea, much cheaper that’s for sure
Interesting. I've rarely actually used kratom for acute withdrawal symptoms because it never worked very well. I start taking it after about 5 days of wds.

How much of the black do you take? Works for full on withdrawal?

The OPMS black is considerably more sedating than the gold. Not a fan of the OPMS black, it makes me feel weird and dizzy. It feels strong but not good (to me).
I remember taking one of those shots on top of my regular leaf dose and it made me incredibly dizzy and nauseated. Probably the worst kratom OD Ive had, happened while I was at work, too. I don't remember which one was about 6-7 years ago.

Interesting. I've rarely actually used kratom for acute withdrawal symptoms because it never worked very well. I start taking it after about 5 days of wds.

How much of the black do you take? Works for full on withdrawal?

I remember taking one of those shots on top of my regular leaf dose and it made me incredibly dizzy and nauseated. Probably the worst kratom OD Ive had, happened while I was at work, too. I don't remember which one was about 6-7 years ago.
Yea Iv used the black for full blown heroin withdrawal, it dosent completly take wd away like poppy pod extract does but it will make it 80% better, you might be left with runny eyes and nose tho , I would take 2-3 pills so 270-400mg mit and 4-6mg 7-oh

Hey everyone, I’ve been dealing with chronic pain for close to 10 years. I’ve had 3 back surgeries, multiple injections, pt, and every other conservative treatment. The only thing that helps me is oxy, but my pc only gives me 10 a month. I also have IGA nephrology, stage 3 ckd (chronic kidney disease), so I cannot take any nsaids, which makes managing my pain extremely difficult.

I’ve been taking kratom daily for probably a year and a half or so, but recently my normal dose is no longer adequately controlling my pain. It took a little experimenting to find a steady dose, but I found the most effective was 6 grams. I buy a kilo of the red bali strain in capsule form, so I know exactly how much I’m taking, also the taste was really difficult for me to get past. The kratom has been a lifesaver since I hardly get any pain meds. Usually it’ll last around 4 hours before I take more, and I usually take it 3-5 times a day.

Is there a reason why I was able to maintain a steady dose for almost 2 years without increasing how much I take? Also is it bad to take upwards of around 30 grams in a day, and is it potentially harmful to my kidneys, not that I care cause I literally would rather die than live with debilitating pain with no quality of life. The last week I have been having to take my usual 6 grams, but every 3ish hours.

I’m going to Denver from 3-3, to 3-9 also, and I was wondering if anyone has ever flown with kratom, and how did it go, how was your experience? I live in la so I’ll be going from one legal state to another. I’m pretty sure Colorado is a legal state anyways..

Thank you in advance for everyone who hopefully has some good advice.

I really wish I could start a detox clinic for people using my pod extract and kratom extracts, I swear those two together are better than suboxone and methadone
I’m assuming by your name you are in Vegas, I am Also. I found This forum as I’m wanting to detox off a 12 year oxy dependency.
I’ve tried poppy tea before and it was GREAT! Unfortunately the guy I got It from is no longer Around and I don’t know where to get the seeds that work.
I’ve got some kratom I was Going to try tomorrow as I’ve only got enough oxy left to get me through tonight. I know it’s last minute but ANY advice would be greatly appreciated. I’m flying blind here and definitely NOT wanting to take the subs. I have Them but I’m avoiding them at all costs. Not sure if you can message me on here but if you can I’d love to give you my number and maybe we can chat about detoxing? I really Need help and am beyond tired of this rollercoaster I’ve been on for all these years. I want My life back so bad.

Few years back I had a very heavy kratom habit due to crippling depression & anxiety.. I would buy 250gx4 kilos every 2 weeks. I would get a huge bowl and fill it with yogurt, then I'd sprinkle kratom from each bag and then mix it into the yogurt then eat it. Did that 4 times a day. Favourite strain was Super Green Malay.

Eventually my tolerance became very high and I started consuming lots of whisky with the kratom. Then everything started going to shit with cops showing up uninvited and demanding I open my bedroom door or they'll kick it in.

So I open the door and they tell me to put the bottle of vodka down lol

Fuckin nerves of them!

I guess what I'm trying to say is do everything possible to keep your tolerance low

Kratom helped me get through a very rough patch & I'll always be grateful for that

frankly I don't believe you or you have some magical body chemistry, that doesn't even make any sense

not sure what you mean by ignorant, I'm giving you my own anecdotal experience from 10 years of kratom use, how is that ignorant of anything?

I did read the link, what does that have to do with doses? It has virtually nothing to do with what we are bickering about.

I think it's easier to believe a higher dose gives more effect than what you are claiming, which I still don't even understand honestly

the difference between 8g and 15g is substantial, that sucks if you're somehow immune to it

the only ceiling kratom has is the introduction of noticeable side effects, the effect doesn't just magically stop at higher doses

there are many, many people on this forum that take a lot more than 8g/day, most of them do actually... are all of us pointlessly doing that? we're all wrong?
No, your bodies just require more of the plant to get an effect, probably because of prior opiate abuse. I'm not "immune" to effects from higher doses lol. It just jacks up my tolerance so I can no longer get strong effects from the low doses like I'd prefer to. So I would eventually have to take 8-15g to get the effects I could get from 4-6g. I've been down that road and it wasn't worth it for me. I can get extremely sedated to the point of nodding off from just 4g, sometimes even 3g can wreck me this much. So I definitely get quality stuff. The effects I get on 3-4 is probably similar to how you feel on 8-15. But kratom is the only opioid related substance I've ever used. At the end of the day some peoples body chemistries are different and they simply require higher doses even if they haven't abused opiates.