• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Kratom Addiction/ Need Help After Withdrawals Are Over

Kratom is a powerful drug. Have no misconceptions: the addiction/withdrawal can be just as worse as that of a powerful opiate.

Friend of mine just told me that he felt about 3 days of withdrawal after only using daily for about 4 weeks. He has withdrawn from other opiates before, which might have made him more susceptible.

Just want to put that out there.

Also, If people have questions for him I can probably ask him.

Last edited:
Idk if this belongs here but I know the guy that invented (or atleast the main distibutor) of kratom. His name was Dylan Harrison. He also owned the mr.niceguy company and sold bath salts and kava. Hes currently being hunted by the FBI for smuggling sex slaves out of america. I highly doubt hes in america, or that he will be found.

I used to work for him (had no idea about the sex slaves thing until recently) in his factories and offices. The stuff he makes is disgusting. All of it is mixed on the floor, a floor thats never cleaned and always has rat doppings on it. He literally sprays the kratom with poison. The mr.niceguy aswell, and with acetone. All of his stuff is truly disgusting and I hope this helps some people quit using.

Well Nancy etal., It's been a while.

I hope this finds all of you well.

I've been tapering my kratom use for a week now, down from 12+g 4X/day to about 3g 3X/day.

I've had some chills, aches, more sweating than normal, but since I've been taking one of my small doses just before bed, I haven't had trouble sleeping yet. I'm almost out of kratom. Down to maybe 40g. Yesterday I got a concussion by bonking my head on a closet door. Weird way to get concussed.

Anyway, they tried to give me a Lortab at the ER (my gf and parents and doctor all said I should go to hospital based on my symptoms of headache, nausea, ringing ears, etc.) I refused the lortab, but they gave me script for 14 Tylenol3. It's almost 3 p.m. and so far today I've just had one 3g dose of kratom. I was still having WDs, mild as they were, and took one of the pils to see what it's do. The WDs have vanished. Right now I'm hoping this lasts for a looong time, like most of the day. If it does, then using a half to a whole tablet of these T3s could be useful in my taper. I've already decided not to order anymore kratom, but get those ideas like, damn man, it'd sure be easy to, ya know, just order a small amount compared to normal, and keep taking it, just in moderation... But I know myself too well. If I let that thinking prevail I'll eventually be back to using a lot and spending too much money on it. I'm glad I never went for the extracts.

Anyway, it's been a long road since back in the spring when I started my taper from pods, and now my taper from kratom, and maybe it's a gift from the universe to have a very limited supply of codeine to help with the taper. I just hope it doesn't make it worse.

I hope everyone is well and that bumping this thread gets it going again.

Peace and love to all,
pods

Idk if this belongs here but I know the guy that invented (or atleast the main distibutor) of kratom. His name was Dylan Harrison. He also owned the mr.niceguy company and sold bath salts and kava. Hes currently being hunted by the FBI for smuggling sex slaves out of america. I highly doubt hes in america, or that he will be found.

I used to work for him (had no idea about the sex slaves thing until recently) in his factories and offices. The stuff he makes is disgusting. All of it is mixed on the floor, a floor thats never cleaned and always has rat doppings on it. He literally sprays the kratom with poison. The mr.niceguy aswell, and with acetone. All of his stuff is truly disgusting and I hope this helps some people quit using.

I find this almost impossible to believe. If someone is spraying kratom with poison then where are the deaths and hospital visits? SO many of us have ben on kratom for years or more without health consequences, just money and life consequences. My source was good, clean kratom. My body would know if something else was in that stuff. As much as I took, if it had been sprayed with anything dangerous, I'd be dead. But I'm not ordering anymore. I'm on my last batch and dwindling down on a taper.

Thanks for the info anyway WFL. On this topic though, I think you may be way far lost.

:)

Ive still been keeping an eye on this thread ;) Because I know someday I will be there. Im glad to hear from you pods. Can I ask what strain your tapering with? Ive been thinking that kratom WD effects differ from strain to strain. Example: Bali (more opiate like) might have a more physical WD, compared to Maeng Da or Swite Sumatra (stimulating strains) that might have a more psychological WD. I think the different alkaloid profiles make kratom very interesting (similar to strains of weed haha). Its just a thought, and feedback on the idea?

I've been mixing up which strains I use so much I wouldn't be able to answer that. I used maeng da a lot while I was dosing freely. Now I'm tapering on bali mostly but still have a few grams of white vein sumatran. I feel like it's probably such minor differences and would differ from person to person so much that tapering with whatever you've got is the way to go, at least for me. Perhaps a switch or not a switch will do better for one person or another, but no matter what, if you've been active in any kind of habit, you're going to experience some WDs when you quit. Reducing them is good idea, but for me, if I over think it or try to get out of WDs altogether, I just keep using, because really, the only way to avoid WDs is to keep using.

I've been mixing up which strains I use so much I wouldn't be able to answer that. I used maeng da a lot while I was dosing freely. Now I'm tapering on bali mostly but still have a few grams of white vein sumatran. I feel like it's probably such minor differences and would differ from person to person so much that tapering with whatever you've got is the way to go, at least for me. Perhaps a switch or not a switch will do better for one person or another, but no matter what, if you've been active in any kind of habit, you're going to experience some WDs when you quit. Reducing them is good idea, but for me, if I over think it or try to get out of WDs altogether, I just keep using, because really, the only way to avoid WDs is to keep using.
Did you try the stem powder for WD's?? And if so, how well did it work for you??

Damn, that slipped my mind. I should. I did try to order some a while back but my CC company wouldn't process the payment because it was from a state )TX) that was probe to fraud. Kinda scared me off of it at the time. But there were some other, not as well priced, vendors for stem powder. I' might look into that. But as it is a Saturday, I can't order til Monday, making my order get here Tues at the earliest, and I may not have enough kratom to last until then, so I may just suck it up and suffer through.

Damn, that slipped my mind. I should. I did try to order some a while back but my CC company wouldn't process the payment because it was from a state )TX) that was probe to fraud. Kinda scared me off of it at the time. But there were some other, not as well priced, vendors for stem powder. I' might look into that. But as it is a Saturday, I can't order til Monday, making my order get here Tues at the earliest, and I may not have enough kratom to last until then, so I may just suck it up and suffer through.
Stem powder works great for me, I can just go to work and not feel any WD's. So now I toggle between 1 week on stem, and the next week on regular kratom. You beat tolerance that way and never have to experience WD's :)

That might work for me except I just want off of it all for good. I'm an alcoholic who was also addicted to poppy pods for about 3+ years. If I stay using something I'll eventually get worse. It's different for everyone, but for me, I now know that I am locked in the grips of a progressive and fatal disease, and my only real option for a good life is a daily reprieve from my alcoholism and addiction contingent on the maintenance of my spiritual condition. It's tough right now, but I'm determined to make it through. I've seen how happy my friends in AA are, and I want what they have. I'll stay miserable if I stay using. I'm often jealous of people who can use and drink without the consequences I have experienced, and knowing that my conseuences will worsen if I stay using, I have to be free. Good luck to you and thanks for the info. If I find it absolutely necessary I may get some stem powder. Right now I'm planning to stick with my fairly rapid taper plan and use loperamide and other OTC helpers once I run out.

Heya pods, im currently struggling like you as u know i got clean from kratom but started taking again a couple months ago so im now hooked again and trying to taper (ill have to look into the stem powder thingy).Im also an alcoholic and a recovering stimulant user im now nearly a year of stims so thats something i can be proud of i suppose . I ordered some kratom last weekend as a special saturday delivery and it didnt turn up till the monday so ended up in withdrawals :-( , so on the sunday night couldnt take the restlessness anymore and went pub and got drunk which i then regretted in the morning , I like you am in this disease with you but im gonna fight it all the way and know 1 ill be free and happy again ,im quite scared for my future and always worry which is quite annoying i think its due to my high anxiety, Ive got a therapist appointment for that on the 28th of this month so thats another bonus , Im thinking of going to some na/aa meetings soon, im also currently doing a program called addaction which is a kind of meeting thingy with a therapist at a centre witch also does group meetings ! I really like this thread and will continue to update my progress , I hope your doin good :)

Last edited:
i never thought i wish u alll the best im fight suboxone im back on its hell i have been thru sub wds for 2 months who da fucckk can be sick for 2 months???? i cant i have a 2 yr old and a job i also race cars so i got back on sub ive used kratom wen i was in sub wd it helped alot! neva knew it could be addicting for my own mind.,what u like about it to make u addicted u dont nod ive never got a coke high well ive never got high from kratom period prob cause ive been on dope the real deal i dunno but why it so great ??? i enjoyed it cause of sb wds are horrid and last for weeks

Heya pods, im currently struggling like you as u know i got clean from kratom but started taking again a couple months ago so im now hooked again and trying to taper (ill have to look into the stem powder thingy).Im also an alcoholic and a recovering stimulant user im now nearly a year of stims so thats something i can be proud of i suppose . I ordered some kratom last weekend as a special saturday delivery and it didnt turn up till the monday so ended up in withdrawals :-( , so on the sunday night couldnt take the restlessness anymore and went pub and got drunk which i then regretted in the morning , I like you am in this disease with you but im gonna fight it all the way and know 1 ill be free and happy again ,im quite scared for my future and always worry which is quite annoying i think its due to my high anxiety, Ive got a therapist appointment for that on the 28th of this month so thats another bonus , Im thinking of going to some na/aa meetings soon, im also currently doing a program called addaction which is a kind of meeting thingy with a therapist at a centre witch also does group meetings ! I really like this thread and will continue to update my progress , I hope your doin good :)
Have you tried using kratom stem powder to get off the kratom without any withdrawals??

Stuff works great!!

I have been clean from kratom and alcohol going on 12 days . Just wanted to thank everyone for this thread it has been an inspiration !

I have been clean from kratom and alcohol going on 12 days . Just wanted to thank everyone for this thread it has been an inspiration !
How many days of kratom withdrawals did you go through?? And what did you take to alleviate it??

physically speaking the worst was over by day 10 but the physical side is not totally over it is still coming and going,just less every day . I have avoided stress at all costs and tried my best to think positive. Mentally speaking I am sure this will last for sometime . A profound sadness keeps coming and going. i just keep telling myself this 2 will pass. I have been drinking alot of water a taking vitamins. I have found when it is almost unbearable a small dose of valium helps. My doctor is fully aware of what is going on and is really helping me cope with everything. I will post more later tonight when i get back near my computer.

Great thread! I am a kratom user for the past 6 years. Using 1 kilo of loose leaves every month to month and a half. Kratom has done wonders for me, got me focused and excel in my personal and professional life. I've been thinkIng about quitting for over a year now. The effects are almost nonexistent at this point, but I keep taking it bc I feel indifferent when I don't. I just ordered a kilo of leaves and powder recently and I am planning on cutting my intake by 50%. Its tough especially at work and home bc I am not as
Motivaiated if I dont take kratom. I do miss the kratom when my tolerance isnt as high, but I am lo

Great thread! I am a kratom user for the past 6 years. Using 1 kilo of loose leaves every month to month and a half. Kratom has done wonders for me, got me focused and excel in my personal and professional life. I've been thinkIng about quitting for over a year now. The effects are almost nonexistent at this point, but I keep taking it bc I feel indifferent when I don't. I just ordered a kilo of leaves and powder recently and I am planning on cutting my intake by 50%. Its tough especially at work and home bc I am not as
Motivaiated if I dont take kratom. I do miss the kratom when my tolerance isnt as high, but I am loOking forward to not taking as much. I took 3 disses at 15 grams each does this morning from 7 am to 11am of the Thai, but again no effect. I plan on updating you guys to my status and hope that it will inspire and help others.