• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom addiction and my distorted perception of reality (help)

Hey what's up man?! How are things in your world? I am hanging in there still having some tough days but getting better. Still lazy and stale somewhat but hopefully things will smooth out soon.

I am currently tapering from a 2 month krater binge, consuming as much as 60grams a day. I recently have tapered to one morning doe currently at 9 grams and wd are minimal....good luck

Hey what's up man?! How are things in your world? I am hanging in there still having some tough days but getting better. Still lazy and stale somewhat but hopefully things will smooth out soon.
I'm doing ok I got a new job so the new environment helped a lot I've been drinking way to much doing way to much benzos do Coke on the weekends and smoking weed everyday so there's still those a addictions tho ):

hey everyone. First off; good to hear from ya guys and good for you Dog on kicking that Kratom habit. Kratom can give a rough ride, sounds like ya toughed through it. That's great!

I'm doing pretty good. Kratom days are mostly over. After 1 month off completely I've tried it a few times with underwhelming results.

However I now take Adderall daily. After Kratom I was diagnosed ADHD. So yeah the meds don't actually help me get a bunch of shit done or anything like that. Dang! I thought this sort of medical treatment would be Way cooler than it actually is, but it's not. And the side effects suck ass.

I'm not totally on-board with this Addie/ADHD thing. I usually take more than prescribed and don't follow much of a schedule with it, and I can tell that I crave it a little. Once I take my dose for the day, I always want to spike it with a little extra. Maybe I just transferred addictions/dependancies, idk.

Anyhow, for anyone playing at home: how does Kratom WD compare to Addie WD? (thinking about just stopping the stim treatment due to my addictive nature).

I found this thread through a search engine and thought I'd add my experience.

I used very high doses of Kratom extracts almost every weekend for a year without developing a habit. Then, I switched to daily use maybe three months ago as a way to combat depression. I can totally identify with OP's symptoms. Kratom sucked the motivation and joy out of my life and made me impossibly lazy. Worse yet, it altered my personality... My outlook became very dark and my relationships with several coworkers and friends went south. I kept getting the strange, almost alien desire to quit my job, move to another country and cut ties with everybody I know. To die without dying, basically.

I tried kicking cold turkey a couple of weeks ago, but caved after two weeks of withdrawal. What did me in was the lack of sleep; while the anxiety and sickness wore off after three or four days, I slept a total of maybe 12 hours in 14 days and started losing my mind and fucking up at work. I got scripts for Xanax and Ambien, but neither one knocked me out for more than 2 hours, which might be a consequence of my having fucked up my GABA system through years and years of alcohol abuse. (Phenibut worked but is not something I'd use more than once a week after having withdrawn from Phenibut...)

So, here I am again, taking 10-15 grams every afternoon. Right now, I'm grateful for the sleep: never in my life has sleep been so regular, restful or easy. However, I know the depression is going to kick in soon and just hope the negative psychological effects don't ruin my life before I'm in a better situation to kick. Next time I am definitely going to taper... what other tricks helped?

I found this thread through a search engine and thought I'd add my experience.

I used very high doses of Kratom extracts almost every weekend for a year without developing a habit. Then, I switched to daily use maybe three months ago as a way to combat depression. I can totally identify with OP's symptoms. Kratom sucked the motivation and joy out of my life and made me impossibly lazy. Worse yet, it altered my personality... My outlook became very dark and my relationships with several coworkers and friends went south. I kept getting the strange, almost alien desire to quit my job, move to another country and cut ties with everybody I know. To die without dying, basically.

I tried kicking cold turkey a couple of weeks ago, but caved after two weeks of withdrawal. What did me in was the lack of sleep; while the anxiety and sickness wore off after three or four days, I slept a total of maybe 12 hours in 14 days and started losing my mind and fucking up at work. I got scripts for Xanax and Ambien, but neither one knocked me out for more than 2 hours, which might be a consequence of my having fucked up my GABA system through years and years of alcohol abuse. (Phenibut worked but is not something I'd use more than once a week after having withdrawn from Phenibut...)

So, here I am again, taking 10-15 grams every afternoon. Right now, I'm grateful for the sleep: never in my life has sleep been so regular, restful or easy. However, I know the depression is going to kick in soon and just hope the negative psychological effects don't ruin my life before I'm in a better situation to kick. Next time I am definitely going to taper... what other tricks helped?

Do you have anyone to support you? Are you in a relationship or have family that your close with or live with? My girlfriend was living with me at the time and she motivated me and helped me get off of it with her support I took a bunch of etizolam everyday and smoked a lot of good weed it would have been a lot tougher if I didn't have etizolam for the anxiety that comes with withdrawal the weed helps my nausea and allows me to eat so that helped a lot too

Sorry for bumping an old post, but wanted to add my thoughts/experiences.

I suspect that the icky anxious/depressed feeling you get when taking kratom daily is inter-dose withdrawal. The same thing happened to me with benzos--the longer I used them, the more anxious and depressed I became. It got so bad that I had to take benzos constantly just to stay sane. After a certain saturation point, NO amount of benzos would get rid of the awful feelings so I quit altogether. That's another story unto itself.

Kratom is problematic in that it's relatively short-acting & there's no continuity between batches or even doses from the same batch. No plant produces the same exact amount of desired alkaloids in every batch, which could be responsible for some of the variation in your response to it over time. You could be taking the same dose every day but not getting the same amount of active alkaloids each time, which could cause withdrawal symptoms like sadness, anxiety, intrusive/repetitive thoughts, etc. Some people are more sensitive to these minor differences than others.

Luckily, I don't get inter-dose withdrawal from kratom or other opioids, but it's definitely a possibility...especially if you started off with anxiety, depression or OCD before trying the drug. Taking a prolonged break or quitting completely is the only way to truly get your life/sanity back.

That's an interesting perspective Lady Codone.

When I tried using Kratom as a maintenance drug in doses around 3g per dose I only experienced full relief for the first 1hr or so once it actually kicked in.

Basically, I would take my dose when I started feeling shitty. It would take roughly 30 minutes to kick in fully and only provide full relief for an hour. Then I'd start to feel interdose withdrawals start to creep in.

So I found myself needing to dose roughly every 3 hours. That's far too often but better than being sick. 3g per dose was a low dose so it was a good place to start tapering from.

But I did try higher doses for awhile. Like 5-7 grams per dose. This provided longer relief such that I'd only need to dose once every 5 hours or so.

But with the higher dose came unpleasantness after the initial high of each dose wore if. I kinda felt like I was always in the comedown from a mild stimulant. Was a yucky kinda feeling so I went back to 3g per dose.