• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Kid Almost Dies after smoking weed

Iliketoswim

Bluelighter
so me and my 2 friend head to the woods to smoke. We were all fine. We finish like half a gram. One friend starts feeling sick. He lays down on a tree. He starts breathing heavy and sweating. He thought he was gonna die. He started hallucinating a little I think. I diagnosed him with having a heat stroke and he was just dehydrated from the pot. My one friend ran 3 miles to get him Gatorade and water. He started convulsing. I spit all over the sorry son of a bitches fave to "cool him down". I thought it was just funny. I snapped a pick and put it on Instagram and my high self laughed at it lol. We got him a drink and he came back to us. He said he thought he had messages from Jesus telling him he was gonna die if he didn't stop smoking weed. What a fag. Anything like this happen to anybody?

Was he really white & sweating? This is really common when you smoke too much strong stuff, have no tolerance, don't eat properly, etc. It's called a whitey. If you don't know what's going on you will be totally convinced you're about to die, but you're not. It's really funny, bet it was a great photo.

There's one known cure for it & that's smoking more weed.

YES. I forgot to mention about his skins whiteness. Another friend was driving me and this other kid around and he had a Whitey. He threw up something like 16 times we counted. He couldn't see and couldn't drive. I had to be home by 11. It was 2 am. I was 14 and had no clue how to drive but I managed to drive 12 miles down the highway to drop my one friend off then I dropped myself off at my crib and left him sleeping in his car. I essentially stole his Civic to get home lol.

No offence but you sound like a massive douchebag. Just sayin'

There's one known cure for it & that's smoking more weed.

Worst advice ever. Like, wtf? Are you serious?
If someone is feeling sick just try to calm him down and tell him that he is gonna return to baseline soon. Bring him water or food or anything he might need if he wants it of course. A benzo helps in case of a panic attack/anxiety.
Definitely do NOT give him more drugs. Jeez.

Last edited:
Well seeing someone taking too much drugs and ending up feeling sick isn't exactly my definition of fun but whatever.

Hell yea I'll admit that I was a total douchebag to him. I realized how much of an asshole I was being when I was high and laughed some more.

What a fag? He had a panic attack...and you're not his friend. You're a bit of a ...
Well,
You're not his fucking friend , kid

You clearly only hung out with him cause he has a car if you are willing to put him down so easily.. what a Shitty person you must be.
You aren't cool by being a fucking dick to someone and then insulting them behind their back on the internet.. grow the fuck up a bit before you start doing drugs.

People with low tolerance to cannabis, or who have way too much at once, can experience a sudden drop in blood pressure. This is waht causes them to go pale, their heart speeds up to try to compensate, and it causes a range of uncomfortable physical symptoms (e.g. nausea, dizziness). Their mis-interpretation and catastrophising of these symptoms (e.g. thinking they're dying) often increases, or even helps cause, the accompanying anxiety. Often getting sugar in them (e.g. a sugary drink or a sweet type of fruit) helps reduce these symptoms a fair bit.

Photographing someone who's in physical and emotional pain, and posting it on social media for your own amusement is very abusive and psychopathic. Perhaps you should put some effort into developing your personal sense of ethics and empathy. Please edit your original post to remove your homophobic language.

Well seeing someone taking too much drugs and ending up feeling sick isn't exactly my definition of fun but whatever.

He smoked weed, not drugs. He's not going to be the first person ever to die from smoking too much weed, it just feels like that at the time.

It's an intense effect, fills you with dread that you're about to die, but it's afaik totally harmless & passes quickly. Usually an hour later you're totally fine.

It's no worse than laughing at somebody being stupid & falling over (without major injuries), there aren't many funnier things. They make whole TV comedy shows out of home videos of people falling over & hurting themselves. Same kind of thing, you don't need to be a psycho to find whiteys hilarious.

OK, if it was a proper drug overdose, you need to take those seriously, but it's just weed.

I had to take a photo of one of my friends when he did it & put it on Facebook, he was about 40 at the time, he passed out from drinking & smoking, then woke up to puke, was like watching the walking dead as he had to go to the bathroom, photo snapped just as he opened the door to come back in.

Sugar can help, it happens more if you haven't eaten.

Last edited:
The kid ended up sleeping with his 7 year old sister (or at least forcing oral sex) and got a sex offense charge so that's why I think lowly of him. I was younger at the time that's why I was a dick sorry

No offence but you sound like a massive douchebag. Just sayin'

Worst advice ever. Like, wtf? Are you serious?
If someone is feeling sick just try to calm him down and tell him that he is gonna return to baseline soon. Bring him water or food or anything he might need if he wants it of course. A benzo helps in case of a panic attack/anxiety.
Definitely do NOT give him more drugs. Jeez.

WTF? Benzos? Those are proper drugs, benzos do actually kill people in overdose, weed is just a harmless little herb & it does cure a whitey. It's not a panic attack, nothing like one, it's down to low blood pressure/sugar & too much weed, it's the THC that fills you with dread, not some panic reaction. You can't just tell somebody to calm down from a whitey, it's not something you have any real control over. Stick a photo on facebook to discourage them from being so dumb again.

A sugary drink helps too, maybe with a little caffiene in it. Suggesting benzos for being too stoned is the worst advice ever. Cup of sweetened tea & a puke is all that's needed. Then another joint. You need to toughen up a bit, not freak out when some pretty common weed side effect occurs, there's no need to resort to dangerous hard drugs, they're not really going to die or come to any harm whatsoever, they'll just feel a bit bad until they get some sugar & more weed, or it passes naturally. I'm not even sure why, but more weed helps, you can't whitey twice in quick succession. You'll be reluctant to smoke more in that state, if you're still convinced you're about to become the first fatality of cannabis poisoning, but it works.

Last edited:
WTF? Benzos? Those are proper drugs, benzos do actually kill people in overdose

you need an insanely high dose of benzos to die, benzos are the exact thing i would ask for if i was greening out, the panic and anxiety is really overwhelming so an anxiolytic can really do the trick.

Stick a photo on facebook to discourage them from being so dumb again.

publicly shaming someone for taking too many hits from a joint, really classy man.

I'm not even sure why, but more weed helps

the reason you are unsure, is because its a terrible piece of advice, smoking more weed is just going to exacerbate the situation. the reason a person feels unwell when greening out is because they smoked too much, so you want them to smoke more? ... just no.

One thing I hate about bluelight, you get douchebags coming onto the forums, on their high horse because they've done a few drugs and think they can act up.

Iliketoswim, he was clearly having a panic attack, "starts breathing heavy and sweating. He thought he was gonna die.". People don't often feel like they are going to die when they pull a whitey. Feeling that utter sense of impending doom is one of the leading characteristics of a Panic attack. You acted like a inconsiderate... and treat your, 'friend', like shit. While he was going through an awful experience. What did you expect to achieve from your post? That we'd all jump on as well and be like, hahahaha. No.

As for DrGreenThumb. Stop spreading misinformation. Firstly the symptoms the OP describes is classic for a Panic Attack, a severe panic attack at that. Cannabis is a drug, it is classified as one and you can treat it however you feel like, but this is a harm reduction site, treat it as one. Cannabis has been shown to have negative psychological effects. It should be shown respect as any other drug.

Lets clear a few things up,
" it's the THC that fills you with dread, not some panic reaction.". Do you know how idiotic that statement is? THC is one cannabinoid in Cannabis which has been actively linked with increasing anxiety due to it's psychedelic effects. It is THC which for some can actually raise your anxiety, to the point your flight or fight response kicks in and you experience a panic attack. Which is why others have suggested, a benzo in said situation would work quite well. Benzos aren't, 'hard drugs', by any length. Though yes, they aren't something to be taken lightly or used on a whim.

As for giving someone caffeine in a whitey situation or a panic attack situation. Even more solidly bad advice. Caffeine is a stimulant, in being a stimulant it will increase heart rate and also increase anxiety to someone already experiencing it. Or to simply, give them more cannabis... *sigh*... just no.

" Stick a photo on facebook to discourage them from being so dumb again."... just grow up man, seriously. I don't even know why I bothered even replying, you aren't going to learn.

Whiteys happen. I had one last November/13. Hadn't smoked in 3 days and then had some Chemo Kush + 3 beers. Before the weed/beer had numerous slices of pizza. I could barely crawl to the bathroom to puke. After vomiting though, I was hungry and thirsty. Wasn't close to kicking the bucket though; that happened 13 years ago with a hypertensive crisis.

OP; you're a shitbag for what you did; you should have offered supportive care. I hope you never find yourself in a similar position; pot or other drugs.

Tom

OK, it can maybe trigger a panic attack if they don't realise what's happened, or in a particularly panicky person, you should try to calm them if you're not a douchebag, but they're self limiting because of the amount of cannabis. It's not like a hypertensive panic attack, the blood pressure is low. Caffeine can help to increase blood pressure & there's not much in a normal cup of tea. Sugar helps too. There's absolutely no need for benzos, at least not in 99% of cases. I've no idea why more weed helps, maybe it's the CBD or CBN or something, but these effects only occur when the rate of THC in the blood/brain/whatever is increasing at a steep rate. It either speeds up the whitey & makes them throw up, or afterwards it's calming.

You can see the blood pressure is low because they go so unnaturally pale. It's really nothing like any normal panic attack, at least not physically. It's not something that needs benzos. You can clearly see the difference between a whitey & a panic attack. If they're having a panic attack off weed, that's different.

There's clear stages to a whitey & they're usually over in minutes. It's really not something to panic over. You go pale, feel ill, start to think you're dying, throw up, start to feel better, then get something to eat/drink & recover 100%.

There's no use going off the deep end & treating it like a real drug overdose, it's nothing like, it's just a trick, they're not really dying, just tripping that they are & it's all over in under an hour. This is why it's funny, I'd never laugh at serious injuries. My friends laugh at me if I whitey, just like I laugh at them.

THC alone can create feelings of doom, it's hallucinogenic. Check this video IV pure cannabinoid experiment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2cAFRAX3Gs

If they've had any other drugs or are prone to severe panic attacks, then it could indeed be serious, but nobody ever died from just smoking cannabis, they just feel like they're about to.

Last edited:
^ I won't even bother to quote your responses, anyway:

1) weed is certainly a drug, I don't know where did you get that it isn't but you may want to change your source of information.
2) you need and EXTREMELY heavy doses of benzos to die from them alone. We're talking about thousands of pills. And guess what? Benzos are made to stop panic attacks and they work so i don't see your point?
3) I don't care how many percentages you can pull out of your ass, yours is still one of the worst advice I've ever read.
Please stop spreading misinformation on this forum. Get your information straight and THEN start posting here.
Thanks for your attention. Cheers.