• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kicking the H habit.

Sorry if I'm breaking any rules but i thought Kratom was a natural substance with no illegal obligations. So if i am wrong please let me know and i will remove my post.

Not my decision mate, I'm not a mod. But I do believe any sources are prohibited - even for legal substances.

He is wrong. Sourcing ISNT strictly prohibited. Sources can be given for HARM REDUCTION Ie. the website I gave you. I and tons of other people have given sources many of times on this website.

Kratom is a natural substance that grows in the wild. You are 100% fine.

He is wrong. Sourcing ISNT strictly prohibited. Sources can be given for HARM REDUCTION Ie. the website I gave you. I and tons of other people have given sources many of times on this website.

Okay cool. so the site i pointed out, are they selling the real deal then? If Im allowed to ask that?

Well guess i will worry about that a bit later giving me more time for research. Plus im still doing good on my current regime and have also dropped dosages almost by half except for benzos still a bit high but working slowly on that.

But overall i can my road i chose to walk has been slightly rough but tons better now even with the lighter load so to speak.

But best combo so far for me excluding the norm of subs or methadone.

Nope, he's right, sourcing drugs of any kind, legal or illegal isn't allowed.

Nope, he's right, sourcing drugs of any kind, legal or illegal isn't allowed.

Ive done it TONS of times without a problem. Nobody has ever said anything either. (as well as many others). Guess it depends on the moderator. Sorry man, guess this guy is more of a stickler :/

It's not allowed, the only thing that's allowed is sources for HR materials such as micron filters, any sort of drug sourcing, kratom included, isn't allowed.

Rules might need to be changed then. Its a HARM REDUCTION website. If people are trying to get off heroin and they dont know where to find good quality kratom...they should have the right to be able to find it, by asking people who have experience with buying it.. Someone posting where to find a good/clean source IS harm reduction. If they cant do that, then it defeats the purpose of the website. Its a legal product after all. Some things might need to be changed around here.

Ive also seen posts on here how to find/buy heroin. But that was never taken down. (shit thats why/how i started buying H) Because of that post there. (thankfully im off the stuff now though)

People post "How to potentiate opiates" and people are responding to them (moderators too!) Thats not harm reduction at all. Thats potentially killing someone, by giving them the answer. But thats completely allowed.

Im not trying to pick a fight, but thats kinda messed up, huh?

Last edited:
You could argue that kratom is not a tried and tested substitute for heroin, therefore providing information as to how to obtain it could actually cause more harm than good. This applies to anything - which is why I guess BL are so strict on this rule.

While I can agree with you on that, up to 5 million people in the united states use it for a reason. Whether it's for getting off Heroin, using it for pain, anxiety, withdrawals, etc. etc. It doesn't need to be approved by the FDA to know it works well. It should be up the user on what could give more "harm" than not. Because its their body.

But like I said, people are asking how to make drugs stronger (by potentiating), how to get a "rush", how to make drugs "last longer", etc etc. And NONE of that is harm reduction. But that's completely allowed 100%. Allowing these types of questions could DEFINITELY kill someone. Learning where to get good quality kratom isnt. (because they don't HAVE to buy it).

Yes, I completely see your point. There does seem to be a double standard - but if Bluelight were to become known as a site where you can source drugs of any kind it would quickly be taken down.

You?re free to discuss kratom vendors off site, as people will. But we don?t allow that discussion here because of the spam factor. For the same reasons we don?t allow specific discussions of how to doctor shop or where to buy certain substances.

We don’t allow discussion of sourcing any drugs (the one exception is referring BLers to SAMHSA’s buprenorphine treatment finder, but that less about sourcing as much as it’s helping people access SUd treatment). For better or worse that is a longstanding site policy. If anyone wants to discuss it with a mod or smod, send us a PM and we can talk.

No one is keeping anyone from discussing vendors off site, but we don?t allow it on here on the public boards. Not kratom, not heroin, not loperamide, nada. Only way we allow it is in very general terms (telling someone to find a kratom vendor online, or mentioning pharmacy chains are somewhere you can find loperamide, we simply don’t allow it).

Part of the reason is that it’s a rather slippery slope, and draws attention from the wrong people (dealers, DLE, etc). But in my mind the bigger reason is that we can’t tell if someone posting a link to a kratom vender gets kickbacks or is a vendor themselves. The source and solicit issue is really what’s at stake, and that rule is necessary to the mission and ongoing function of BL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay so here is where im at. My tramadol is at half the starting dose. The gabapentin is still hovering at a medium dose and benzo have been brought down by 30% i would say but now I'm started not sleeping okay anymore restlessness is back and some light night sweats are there again in between. Is the drop of the trams or the benzo's you guys think. Apart from all that everything is still going good.

Hey OP I?m in the same situation as you. Trying to get off H.
I?ve posted for many years here and I have discussed my gabapentin and benzo withdrawals that?s ive been through.

I just want to warn you about gabapentin at high doses and taking it daily. I swear it fucks with your gut so bad when you taper it or stop.

I?m cutrently trying to completely stop the H and use subuxone or the subutex I have but I?m just like you, I despise the feeling it gives me even if it stops withdrawals I get this bad meth type anxiety if that even makes any sense.

Just wanted to tell you that you think you?ll be tapering down or done with withdrawals because you?re taking a small amount of opiates like tramadol instead of H. You?ll keep taking gabapentin cause it helps and when you realize you still need to quit the tramadol to be fully clean, you?ll be deep into gaba.

Some people don?t have withdrawals for some reason but I just don?t believe that or understand that at all. Just wanted to warn you because it the WD are comparable to benzo WD

Hey OP I?m in the same situation as you. Trying to get off H.
I?ve posted for many years here and I have discussed my gabapentin and benzo withdrawals that?s ive been through.

I just want to warn you about gabapentin at high doses and taking it daily. I swear it fucks with your gut so bad when you taper it or stop.

I?m cutrently trying to completely stop the H and use subuxone or the subutex I have but I?m just like you, I despise the feeling it gives me even if it stops withdrawals I get this bad meth type anxiety if that even makes any sense.

Just wanted to tell you that you think you?ll be tapering down or done with withdrawals because you?re taking a small amount of opiates like tramadol instead of H. You?ll keep taking gabapentin cause it helps and when you realize you still need to quit the tramadol to be fully clean, you?ll be deep into gaba.

Some people don?t have withdrawals for some reason but I just don?t believe that or understand that at all. Just wanted to warn you because it the WD are comparable to benzo WD

Hey bud,I just want to make sure that we are talking about the Gaba wd and not something else?

Gabapentin withdrawal is pretty crappy. Some people are more sensitive than others, but if someone is only using it for a month or two to treat opioid withdrawal it’s not very problematic. It takes some effort to become dependent on it, and otherwise it’s a pretty forgiving med.

Not saying gabapentin withdrawal is easy or fun, just that it takes a while to get to a point taking it where that’s a real issue.

OP, are you trying to taper/withdrawal from benzos and opioids at once? As a general rule taking one at a time is more manageable. Any chance you could just focus on on aspect of this at a time?

What’s your tapering plans looking like btw?

@toothpastedog. I have been tapering down with the tramadol, gabapentin and benzos. The thing is I have been on the benzos for years now so it's not gonna stop or wearned of in the next few months. The tramadol and gaba is the main thing. Tramadol I started at 400mg and is now at 150mg. Gaba was at 3500mg and now down to 2100 or less. The bromazepam was at 18mg and now down to 12-18 so no real changes and the alzam is from 2mg to 1mg. I got myself some flurazepam for night time use hoping that it will help and for me to lesson my bromazepam and alzam dosage throughout the night. But I will report back to then tomorrow or so.