• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kicking the H habit.

opioidsoveragain

Bluelighter
Hey guys, new here as you can see but have been lurking and reading up a lot.

So here the deal I have a bit of an H habit that im trying to kick. That and a bit of a drinking problem too.
I have come up with my own cocktail so to speak to help with wd and so on.
Im currently taking the following.
Gabapentin
tramadol
Bromazepam
Alzam
Weed

This combo has been working for two days now as i havent touched H or Booze for 2 days now.

i also have a few subs but i dont like the way I feel on them, they take wd away but i feel anxious and just not myself on them.

But anyhow just wanted to share my experiment or cocktail for my H and Booze recovery.

any input, questions or suggestions would be very welcome

Just had another gabapentin cap but so far no real wd from the H and feeling a bit floaty. It's passed 8pm this side and soon bed time. Thinking of having my last daily tramadol dose in a few and maybe another bromazepam or alzam. But will see how I sleep.

Hey guys is it okay if I turn this thread into like a log where I give daily dosages of what I'm taking times and so on. Also talking about any wd I feel or sides or anything else. I'be been keeping a personally diary about everything so far was thinking about posting most it here. That's if it's allowed and anyone is interested.

Hey guys is it okay if I turn this thread into like a log where I give daily dosages of what I'm taking times and so on. Also talking about any wd I feel or sides or anything else. I'be been keeping a personally diary about everything so far was thinking about posting most it here. That's if it's allowed and anyone is interested.

Honestly that's more suited for a Blog or maybe Sober Living. BDD & OD are more about people chiming in to answer a question.

I can move what you already have to SL if you'd like, post here or pm me. Thx

Honestly that's more suited for a Blog or maybe Sober Living. BDD & OD are more about people chiming in to answer a question.

I can move what you already have to SL if you'd like, post here or pm me. Thx

No think i will rather keep this thread for just questions that will still be coming about dosages and so on for now. need more help input at the monent.
thanx

How long have you been on H ? I'm surprised the tramadol is holding you . I used it for methadone withdrawal and could barely tell I took it. It has added SSRI effects . You got your comfort meds down good it looks like . The gabapentin for RLS, the benzos for sleep and calming effects. I would not take the tramadol past 8 days though . It has some nasty withdrawal symptoms that are a bit different than regular opiates .

How long have you been on H ? I'm surprised the tramadol is holding you . I used it for methadone withdrawal and could barely tell I took it. It has added SSRI effects . You got your comfort meds down good it looks like . The gabapentin for RLS, the benzos for sleep and calming effects. I would not take the tramadol past 8 days though . It has some nasty withdrawal symptoms that are a bit different than regular opiates .

I've been on it heavy for 2yrs now again. Plus I always drink when I chase. Sometimes I would be mixing other stuff but was mainly just those two daily. As for the tramadol it's helping a bit but not much. I'd say about 40-60%. But all the other med with it is making the ride a lot smoother. Just the night restlessness that still there. Not bad but does keep me out of sleep. I averaged about 3-4 hrs last night and that was broken sleep hours.

I'm still not sleeping good and I'm at 36 days off methadone. The restlessness is the worst. Gabapentin will help that some , but after so long it becomes addictive too. I used mine for about 2 weeks and stopped it . Clonidine helps, but it makes the body very weak . You made a big step getting clean !!! You can do this. In about 10 days you'll be feeling better.

I'm still not sleeping good and I'm at 36 days off methadone. The restlessness is the worst. Gabapentin will help that some , but after so long it becomes addictive too. I used mine for about 2 weeks and stopped it . Clonidine helps, but it makes the body very weak . You made a big step getting clean !!! You can do this. In about 10 days you'll be feeling better.

Congrats on the 36 days so far. How long before the Gabapentin becomes really addictive. Im hoping to do this detox with these meds over a 2-3 week peroid. Weaning myself of most of them.

I was wondering wouldn't seroquel help with the sleeplessness while still using Gabapentin for the restlessness?

Also cant get my hands on Clonidine unfortunately.

The gabapentin is safe for 30 days I've been told. I only took it for two weeks. Seroquel would help with sleep for sure . I'm taking Trazadone as needed for sleep . It's in the amitriptyline family and definitely helps with sleep, but once you take it for a while it will lose its sleep properties .

With that mixture, I hope you're titrating down. Tramadol is basically an opiate and bromazepam works a lot like alcohol on your GABA receptors. As long as you're bringing the dose down and it's working for you, go for it. Seems like a risky way to kick. Have you tried toughing through regular withdrawal? It sucks, but then you'll be done...

Well so far I have dropped the tramadol dose and next a bit later I will drop the gabapentin dose. As for the benzos I have been on then for years due to my anxiety and SAD. But so far the ride is going very smooth, wd are about 3/10. Biggest problem is still sleep and restlessness.

Thank fod all the support so far.

Kratom literally took ALL of my withdrawal symptoms away. I used it on my 2nd or 3rd day, so I could actually feel the withdrawals...but after two weeks (maybe less) All of my symptoms were gone. Didnt suffer a single bit at all. It was a life saver. Now im back on Kratom though for my pain (better then using Heroin for it), but everything is going good now! Good luck! You can do it! Dont give up!

Hey has anyone here only been to the point that they are only smoking $20 worth of H for the last few days and successfully withdrawn in 2 or 3 days??? I'm sorry i'm still trying to figure out this site but anyones advice would be helpful. Thank you!

Kratom literally took ALL of my withdrawal symptoms away. I used it on my 2nd or 3rd day, so I could actually feel the withdrawals...but after two weeks (maybe less) All of my symptoms were gone. Didnt suffer a single bit at all. It was a life saver. Now im back on Kratom though for my pain (better then using Heroin for it), but everything is going good now! Good luck! You can do it! Dont give up!

I'm looking into Kratom but I'm not sure I'd the one they sell by us is the real deal. There as so many different types. Red, blue, white, gold etc and then they have raw powder or caps. Cause was looking at that maybe for my end stages..

Anyhow yesterday I dropped my tranquil dose to have and most of was taking morning and early afternoon. But my gabapentin I went a bit high with and by 22:00 I was ready for bed. I was out cold no uses but then got up at 01:00 and was restless and anxious or not completely anxious but I just felt so uncomfortable so I dosed with more tram adolescent and bromazepam and in half an hour I was put but only till about 05:30. So I said screw and just got up. No real withdraws or restlessness but wide awake.

I'm thinking of changing my night time to either a different benzoate or a Z med or dopaquel.

Any suggestions?

Well guys and girls i can say that this mission has been very fruitful and i have been clean of the booze and H the whole time so far.
I have dropped the dosages on a a lot of the meds so its looking good. Still having issues with the sleep and a bit of restlessness but im averaging a lot more sleep then i use to.

I wanted to know can i give my current dosages for every too see or not.

Plus im still lookinng for some advice for the sleep. you know whether i should go for another benzo or dopaquel or a z Meds.
Any input would be amazing

thanks for all the support so far.

And i have to say i feel like a new man :D

I'm looking into Kratom but I'm not sure I'd the one they sell by us is the real deal. There as so many different types. Red, blue, white, gold etc and then they have raw powder or caps. Cause was looking at that maybe for my end stagesGiv..

They are amazing. Great Kratom and great prices. I wasn't sure if you're looking to buy in a local shop or online. But these guys have great for me. I use the raw power, I simply use a scale and then put it in a water bottle with whatever drink I want (usually water or tea), I shake up the bottle and then drink it. The taste isnt to bad...but some people dont like it.

Kratom is also good for sleep (they have different strains for day/night time). I take my nightly dose before I go to bed and it helps a lot. I use a Red Bali strain, with works great for pain and sleep. You can also use it during the day too, it just relaxes me enough at night that I can pass out after a long day haha.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoah! You guys are on dodgy ground here - sourcing of any kind is strictly prohibited. Thanks for the tips though ;)

Whoah! You guys are on dodgy ground here - sourcing of any kind is strictly prohibited. Thanks for the tips though ;)

Sorry if I'm breaking any rules but i thought Kratom was a natural substance with no illegal obligations. So if i am wrong please let me know and i will remove my post.