• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Ketamine, your experience?

2f-DCK was almost like a matras, Kinda compresed but still the cool breeze.

dMXE does suit your description quite well. Another nice addition to the class. But I myself stopped taking them after my second seizure. Especially the mania/ stimulating ones seem to provoke insults so I stay away. :cry:

Wow actually DMXE was my latest dissociative. Impressive if you picked that up. I would have thought it's roughly the same with e.g ket or 3-MeO-PCP but it's been a while since having those. Maybe you're onto something with your individual descriptions too. However, i remember that i always see visuals and they never seem to keep to any single theme or structure but rather consist of a subdued and transparent but very colourful blipping interlinked cacaphony of concrete imagery, vague swooshy fractals, vast architecture and abstract blinking static figures. This is like an enhanced version of normal imagination. If i am looking around the room or walking outside things are shifting in size, depth, angle and coated in a colourful morphing membrane. This i remember is the same on all dissociatives i've sampled. One special characteristic is the extreme smearing on MXE and DMXE. People get this on MDMA too btw... Serotonin thing maybe?

One great thing about all dissociatives is the muscle relaxation. I don't know if that's precisely what it is, but it feels that way perceiving oneself from the angle of anaessthesia and i feel one can consciously relax the body more effectively.

Last edited:
One special characteristic is the extreme smearing on MXE and DMXE.

One great thing about all dissociatives is the muscle relaxation. I don't know if that's precisely what it is, but it feels that way perceiving oneself from the angle of anaessthesia and i feel one can consciously relax the body more effectively.
Never heard of that term 'smearing'
MXE was 10 years ago (about) And it activated me especially after I became tolerant. Under the influence of dMXE no way it will go unnoticeable. It would be wobbly. MXE was very functional.

dMXE is all about laying down, headphones on.

Wow actually DMXE was my latest dissociative. Impressive if you picked that up. I would have thought it's roughly the same with e.g ket or 3-MeO-PCP but it's been a while since having those. Maybe you're onto something with your individual descriptions too. However, i remember that i always see visuals and they never seem to keep to any single theme or structure but rather consist of a subdued and transparent but very colourful blipping interlinked cacaphony of concrete imagery, vague swooshy fractals, vast architecture and abstract blinking static figures. This is like an enhanced version of normal imagination. If i am looking around the room or walking outside things are shifting in size, depth, angle and coated in a colourful morphing membrane. This i remember is the same on all dissociatives i've sampled. One special characteristic is the extreme smearing on MXE and DMXE. People get this on MDMA too btw... Serotonin thing maybe?

Yeah the smearing would be @pupnik's thalamo-cortical loop extension, wouldn't it?

It's not too hard to pick up on MXE through writing (or DMXE, close enough), at least not for us who have had almost a three figure amount of grams of it! =D It's so compelling to crawl into language and feel out all poetic possibilities on it.

Yeah the smearing would be @pupnik's thalamo-cortical loop extension, wouldn't it?

It's not too hard to pick up on MXE through writing (or DMXE, close enough), at least not for us who have had almost a three figure amount of grams of it! =D It's so compelling to crawl into language and feel out all poetic possibilities on it.
smearing is definitely produced by loop extension, like trails, but also - as you probably know there are several stages of visual processing and integration that produce our apparent 3-d view of things, and some of the partial visual products (eg artifacts of figure ground detection, object stitching (like panorama effects in your camera), motion detection, depth, and edge sharpening) also become extended and if they bleed into the picture, they can appear as apparently amorphous or fractal blobs that "enhance" the experience of vision.

The weirdest was the feeling of walking on ground saturated with liquid. I mean its at least 10 feet below sea level. But I could really feel the sponge like effect of it.
Had that with DCK as well, even with normal ketamine a bit, it's like floatingwalk bit above the ground, a detail but a lovely one.

But on Methoxetamine I am walking around with no where to go.
Oh yeah! I didn't see this state on MXEoids as a hole but for sure did I wander around for hours with no destination or reason besides to just enjoy the moment. Music is also very euphoric and I loved watching movies on such amounts, causing an outstanding immersion into the movie and while I'd usually even with good movies would check the clock once or twice at least, in the M-hole time passes by so smoothly and suddenly hours were passed without me noticing. This state is easily the most addictive state of mind I've ever encountered. Dancing is also euphoric as fuck, I'm not the usual partygoer and goa isn't my musical primary choice but it was a nice experiment to go to an event on DCK.

I think it's just that dissociatives put us a very fearless state after going through a confusing and disconcerting liminal zone. When trying it first, the immediate reaction may dominate, but as one grows experienced one is more apt to calmly traverse the threshold into that other state
Possible of course. But I got never ever a single colorful image, fabric or dreamlike scenario besides black and white tree-/plant like schemes with eyes close. Sometimes I was able to compose melodies or songs in mind which I can't while sober, guess there is some creativity unlocking potential. I also never ever reached a true out-of-body experience, I spent hours or days drifting around (what I think is what you get as a cold breeze, for me it was slow floating in all possible directions, with the schemes moving by) and could forget about my body sometimes but I'd always stay associated with it, could open the eyes and stop the experience at any time and as tolerance increased the connection with my body would be reinforced, at some point I eventually wasn't able to drift anymore.

Fearless state for sure. Idk whether everybody gets this to the same degree. Seems that most other people I've dosed with were much more susceptible for psychotomimetic effects than I ever was. I do have autism spectrum disorder stuff and there's one paper which describes psychosis and autism as two opposite ends of the same spectrum but also read here somewhere that this is quite a far sketch.

Do you only see the black/white structure or do you get profound epiphany type feelings too? How about novel connections between various thoughts feelings and memories?
Novel connections for sure, I at least think so, that for example my English improved quite a bit with dissociatives but more so on lower, threshold dosages. I am able to hold hour long discussions on dissociatives while when sober I'm usually laconic, often enough I don't know what else to say than 'mhm', 'yeah', 'no'.. In general my personality changes quite dramatically with dissociatives. Epiphany type feelings, don't know - I guess with tolerance this got watered down as well. The anxiolytic and antidepressant as well as part of the pro-social effects remain even with tolerance but also does memory inhibition so it becomes more difficult to dose with time and as you'll know is dissociative tolerance a one-way road down and stays around forever. Wonder what the implications of this are for the sober time.

I have not tried K yet but one of my dealers mentioned their first time on it they didn't give it any time to kick in (before taking more to hurry it) and ended up in a k hole...
legit just staring at a wall for hours...

I am hesitant to try it given how messing up dosages can just wipe you out for the night like that.

Edit: on the obtaining it side of things I recently heard a podcast mention that learning Spanish(?) or whatever language to be able to say basic phrases in Mexico you can easily get ketamine in pharmacies over there witha little social engineering (their example was by saying something about a friends dog being in pain and needing ketamine)

Had that with DCK as well, even with normal ketamine a bit, it's like floatingwalk bit above the ground, a detail but a lovely one.
The location Mexico indicates rock hard ground. Or am I wrong, you might live on the same soil as me.

I got that effect and related it to the saturation of fluid in the ground and the consistency its made of. Its called Turf and is very much like a sponge. Rotted old plants mainly.

The location Mexico indicates rock hard ground. Or am I wrong, you might live on the same soil as me.

I got that effect and related it to the saturation of fluid in the ground and the consistency its made of.
You're right, but I get this effect regardless of the ground, even when walking over concrete. Maybe it's two different things, MXE certainly increased some parts of awareness as it does block others.

I have not tried K yet but one of my dealers mentioned their first time on it they didn't give it any time to kick in (before taking more to hurry it) and ended up in a k hole...
legit just staring at a wall for hours...

I am hesitant to try it given how messing up dosages can just wipe you out for the night like that.
Yeah in hole dosage K makes you look catatonic to other people, but this also makes it safer than most other dissociatives because you can't do weird shit in everyday's reality while your consciousness is down the rabbit hole. MXE made me somehow trash a few things first time I dosed over 20mg (now I'd need 100mg to feel just something, but this is after 3 years of excessive DCK use). I know this and dissociative anesthesia (when dosing even higher- basically a deep, deep sleep from which you can't be woken up) look disturbing to observing people but it isn't physically dangerous. While all dissos are anesthetics at a dosage high enough by blocking glutamate as the primary excitatory transmitter from working, K's anesthesia is mediated by an additional effect and sets in at lower doses. They found this just a few years ago, and there isn't much known about yet.

I might have to try harder to get K w/o prescription here but read that in the last years (since 2000 or 2010) they cracked down on this practice and nowadays it's hard to even get testosterone (is still OTC like all steroids) or a script for Vyvanse because of all this propaganda against evil controlled substances. Different than in the EU most people actually believe this shit. They spam in the media as well, every driver listening to radio will hear this every day, that drugs are unnecessary, bloody and consumers would need help, call to the "line of the life" etc.pp. It sucks. But I don't like K too much anyways, it's one of the more toxic arylcyclohexylamines and so short acting but possibly also the favorite one to hole.

Last edited:
You're right, but I get this effect regardless of the ground, even when walking over concrete. Maybe it's two different things, MXE certainly increased some parts of awareness as it does block others.

Yeah in hole dosage K makes you look catatonic to other people, but this also makes it safer than most other dissociatives because you can't do weird shit in everyday's reality while your consciousness is down the rabbit hole. MXE made me somehow trash a few things first time I dosed over 20mg (now I'd need 100mg to feel just something, but this is after 3 years of excessive DCK use). I know this and dissociative anesthesia (when dosing even higher- basically a deep, deep sleep from which you can't be woken up) look disturbing to observing people but it isn't physically dangerous. While all dissos are anesthetics at a dosage high enough by blocking glutamate as the primary excitatory transmitter from working, K's anesthesia is mediated by an additional effect and sets in at lower doses. They found this just a few years ago, and there isn't much known about yet.

I might have to try harder to get K w/o prescription here but read that in the last years (since 2000 or 2010) they cracked down on this practice and nowadays it's hard to even get testosterone (is still OTC like all steroids) or a script for Vyvanse because of all this propaganda against evil controlled substances. Different than in the EU most people actually believe this shit. They spam in the media as well, every driver listening to radio will hear this every day, that drugs are unnecessary, bloody and consumers would need help, call to the "line of the life" etc.pp. It sucks. But I don't like K too much anyways, it's one of the more toxic arylcyclohexylamines and so short acting but possibly also the favorite one to hole.
Weirdly enough over here its openly sold on internet. True ketamine. But you buy it with bitcoins from a personal BC wallet.

So its seems illegal as illegal can be.

MXE is the only disso that enabled me to coherently move and think despite taking a dose the size of some regular Ketamine. Which would have me floored, or catatonic as you call it.

But it is amazing that what I thought was caused by the type of soil I was walkin on. 5 meter's below sealevel can also be experienced on rock hard surface. Off course the earth itself is not rock hard, its not even round afaik. But that you experienced the same say's something about the substance's.

Hightened sense's or disso-lucion.

MXE is the one true dissociative

K is what we have to work with

Ketamine is pretty neat. It's a bit cold an soulless though, it needs helpers in the way of psychedelics to provide more interesting experiences.

I don't like commenting on ketamine due to my limited experience of about 15-20 IM injections from bottles of vet Ketaset in 1990. But recently I have been thumbing through the book Morphic Resonance by Rupert Sheldrake and it brings up something we touched on. Back in 1990 you could not give ketamine away. No real subculture. And I mentioned my experience was much like Terrance McKenna stated. A big giant empty building. I felt like I was behind the scenes of a movie set, but no furniture or anything, just the prop lights. And white light. Like I was behind the scenes of reality. I admit, my first trip of injected 100 mgs had me riding a wave toward death and simply went over it like a raft goes over a wave and I realized there is no death. (I see that with regular psychedelics too) So after more tries I wrote off ketamine as one eloquent bluelighter had put it, a "hospital drug". lol

Fast forward to 2022. Countless trip reports filled with all kinds of interesting imagery and scenes. I never heard the empty room or empty building description again.

The morphic resonance theory is fascinating. D M Turner mentioned in the mescaline section of his book something similar. Mescaline has thousands of years of use. And seems to have it's own wisdom. But he regreted injecting ketamine on cactus as he felt he introduced this new and powerful anesthetic and shocked the mescalito spirit. (I am just typing what I read, I have formed no beliefs) But I wonder of as time goes on we add to each others trips. Add to the morphic resonance field. So now ketamine is very interesting to people.

I seem to notice 2C-B gets more interesting as time goes by. I wonder if any of this is valid or just wild imaginations. Either way it is worth considering the morphic resonance concept. Who knows.

I do admit I really thought ketamine was as safe as other psychedelics. The bladder issues surprised me. And they are not something to take lightly. Bluelight can attest to that. But if people used ketamine as often as they would mescaline I can not see an issue.

I believe there is a kind of dissociative memory/state / mind dimension which is empty as one does the first dose of a dissociative and then becomes increasingly filled with memory, experiences and whatnot as one continues on. If I'm right then this is mentioned in good old DXM FAQ as well. One interesting feature is too that the anesthesia goes away with use, first DXM trips I could barely robo walk to the bathroom, while now I could take any sub anesthetic dose of ket or any disso without having much impairment. It isn't pure tolerance, the experience changes overall.

Yeah, K is evil to the bladder - I believed it to be impurities primary responsible for that but evidence is against that theory, it seems to be K by itself and probably attributed to the total amount of arylcyclohexylamines taken, the RCs with 10x the potency will be 10x lighter on the body, in this regard. I know there's no real data yet and MXE was found to induce cystitis in rats as well but animal dosages are huge.

Another warning most of the disso's seem ime to stimulate epileptic insult's. The reason why I don't take them any more after the last seizure.

No clue if Ketamine would cause this but for all the rest this seems to be an reason for concern.

hi! I’m like completely new to this site, well posting that is.
I really want to try ketamine but it seems impossible to find. **NO SOURCING PLZ** Just trying to open up convo about how to get it or how it feels for those who take it
-K💜
It’s my favorite psychedelic to date. But there are things to consider about it. Regular use can cause permanent bladder damage and it can be addictive. I’d advise against using it if you have a history of psychosis, which I do, and have gone psychotic from it a couple times.

If you are responsible about it, it can be rewarding experience. Therapeutic and even entheogenic for some.

Another warning most of the disso's seem ime to stimulate epileptic insult's. The reason why I don't take them any more after the last seizure.

No clue if Ketamine would cause this but for all the rest this seems to be an reason for concern.
OK, that's weird, I thought of dissos to be anti-epileptic based on some papers, there's even an obscure NMDAr antagonist approved for some specific form of epilepsy. I myself did crazy dosages like 1g of DCK in 24h and besides passing out when I overestimated my tolerance nothing happened. That means, not completely nothing, on one occasion I'd trash my room, smearing honey all over the place and burning a picture, assuming my a partial seizure, but if I remember correctly there was DXM involved which feels more dangerous than most arylcyclohexylamines. It also is a powerful SNRI and too much norepinephrine does lower the seizure threshold.

Do you have a diagnosis for seizures? What form did you get, and only drug induced or also while sober or from strobing light etc?

If you are responsible about it, it can be rewarding experience. Therapeutic and even entheogenic for some.
For sure. Nothing besides empathogenes give me even remotely similar euphoria. I tend to like some of the RCs better tho, like MXE and analogues or DCK while K sometimes felt cold n clinical but I didn't get it tested nor did I have access to vials yet so no guarantee whether it was actual K.

Last but not least, as most RC dissos are more potent than K and the damage to bladder seems to be dependent on the total amount of substance infested, independent of the affinity for NMDA, the RCs are much more physically forgiving. I did three years almost daily high doses and got only brief bladder irritation which resolved pretty quick upon abstinence. No pain or blood, just a slightly reduced volume.

I did have psychotic episodes but more related to sleep deprivation than dissociatives. Also usually it would correlate with the half life of the substances in question but once I got a real episode which caused weird thought phenomenons for weeks or months and residual effects are still here. Was DCK, some mislabeled cathinones, stress (cops paranoia, homelessness) and multiple days and chronic sleep deprivation.

I feel that living healthy is key to maintain good response to many or all drugs and to keep the mental health ward away. There are next to no medications for drug induced psychosis, I'd say benzos are the best bet but no doc gives benzos for psychotic features, and antipsychotics do shit, some even exacerbated the symptoms I've had. Eventually they would subside even despite continuing DCK use (I was horribly addicted to it) and without medicine.

Last edited:
OK, that's weird, I thought of dissos to be anti-epileptic based on some papers, there's even an obscure NMDAr antagonist approved for some specific form of epilepsy. I myself did crazy dosages like 1g of DCK in 24h and besides passing out when I overestimated my tolerance nothing happened. That means, not completely nothing, on one occasion I'd trash my room, smearing honey all over the place and burning a picture, assuming my a partial seizure, but if I remember correctly there was DXM involved which feels more dangerous than most arylcyclohexylamines. It also is a powerful SNRI and too much norepinephrine does lower the seizure threshold.

Do you have a diagnosis for seizures? What form did you get, and only drug induced or also while sober or from strobing light etc?

For sure. Nothing besides empathogenes give me even remotely similar euphoria. I tend to like some of the RCs better tho, like MXE and analogues or DCK while K sometimes felt cold n clinical but I didn't get it tested nor did I have access to vials yet so no guarantee whether it was actual K.

Last but not least, as most RC dissos are more potent than K and the damage to bladder seems to be dependent on the total amount of substance infested, independent of the affinity for NMDA, the RCs are much more physically forgiving. I did three years almost daily high doses and got only brief bladder irritation which resolved pretty quick upon abstinence. No pain or blood, just a slightly reduced volume.

I did have psychotic episodes but more related to sleep deprivation than dissociatives. Also usually it would correlate with the half life of the substances in question but once I got a real episode which caused weird thought phenomenons for weeks or months and residual effects are still here. Was DCK, some mislabeled cathinones, stress (cops paranoia, homelessness) and multiple days and chronic sleep deprivation.

I feel that living healthy is key to maintain good response to many or all drugs and to keep the mental health ward away. There are next to no medications for drug induced psychosis, I'd say benzos are the best bet but no doc gives benzos for psychotic features, and antipsychotics do shit, some even exacerbated the symptoms I've had. Eventually they would subside even despite continuing DCK use (I was horribly addicted to it) and without medicine.
I would say overall most people wouldn’t have to worry about psychosis from ketamine. But those who are predisposed to it do run a risk. Personally I’d had two psychotic episodes before I had one induced by ketamine. But the ketamine induced one was quite intense, so I warn all bipolar/schizoaffective people not to use it.

Epic, lifechanging and basicly impossible to stop doing once it gets ahold of you.
Would not recomend even though awesome.

I don't like commenting on ketamine due to my limited experience of about 15-20 IM injections from bottles of vet Ketaset in 1990. But recently I have been thumbing through the book Morphic Resonance by Rupert Sheldrake and it brings up something we touched on. Back in 1990 you could not give ketamine away. No real subculture. And I mentioned my experience was much like Terrance McKenna stated. A big giant empty building. I felt like I was behind the scenes of a movie set, but no furniture or anything, just the prop lights. And white light. Like I was behind the scenes of reality. I admit, my first trip of injected 100 mgs had me riding a wave toward death and simply went over it like a raft goes over a wave and I realized there is no death. (I see that with regular psychedelics too) So after more tries I wrote off ketamine as one eloquent bluelighter had put it, a "hospital drug". lol

Fast forward to 2022. Countless trip reports filled with all kinds of interesting imagery and scenes. I never heard the empty room or empty building description again.

The morphic resonance theory is fascinating. D M Turner mentioned in the mescaline section of his book something similar. Mescaline has thousands of years of use. And seems to have it's own wisdom. But he regreted injecting ketamine on cactus as he felt he introduced this new and powerful anesthetic and shocked the mescalito spirit. (I am just typing what I read, I have formed no beliefs) But I wonder of as time goes on we add to each others trips. Add to the morphic resonance field. So now ketamine is very interesting to people.

I seem to notice 2C-B gets more interesting as time goes by. I wonder if any of this is valid or just wild imaginations. Either way it is worth considering the morphic resonance concept. Who knows.

I do admit I really thought ketamine was as safe as other psychedelics. The bladder issues surprised me. And they are not something to take lightly. Bluelight can attest to that. But if people used ketamine as often as they would mescaline I can not see an issue.

I thought in terms of morphic resonance a lot on MXE and Amanita Muscaria. It helped making sense of some of the craaaaazy phenomena. :)

Respect to Rupert Sheldrake. He takes a lot of flak from colleagues for daring to propose this stuff. Though alas, all his evidence is in the form of statistics. Nobody believes statistics, heh.

It's always amazing, s-ketamine especially is my choice. I never use ketamine at small doses because i enjoy going straight to k-hole everytime and i always take ketamine safe at home.
I don't snort, only IV because like i said i want to go to hole everytime. IV is a really fast way to fall in there but If you take too much, you just get blacked out and don't remember anything and wake up within an hour without The hole experience..
But with right dosage it is really enjoyable and out of body experience. I have "travelled" in many places and landscapes with bright colours. And darker places with dark colours. Never been scared or anything negative, always felt like those places are familiar in another dimensions, and felt i was safe and cozy and like i was returning home, this feeling is present every time i use ketamine.