• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Ketamine Subthread] Intravenous Injection (IV)

i have IVed K once and it was after IVing DPT, but i remember the K specifically. i had used only about 20-30mg (eye-balled out) and decided to end up splitting the shot into another rig so i could inject one shot, then the other if it wasn't enough. maybe you could try that? all i know is i am glad i split those into different rigs, because after that first one i was done (but i did end up slamming the other as well)...

holy crap man, maybe it's time for a wee break? That's some epic tolerance you've built yourself up there. Few days off to get it back down could save you some money.

IV Ketamine Thread - loads of discussion of IV ket in the main ket thread in PD too.

I'm not sure of the exact equivalency but my tolerance is fairly similar to yours and use 100-200mg of pharm-grade ket IV. I'd advise starting considerably lower as IV dosing of ket feels very different to nasal or IM and not all enjoy it's effects. It's almost impossible to hole - you either get really fucked up or you blackout, for the most part.

I know you said you don't want to start low and redose but it is what I'd suggest cos with IV it works just fine. That's part of the issue with IVing it - fiendish as fuck and you often end up just shooting back to back hits and come around the next day with no ket and no memory. I got through 5g one night and have zero memory of any of it. Unsurprisingly.

I started IVing at around 25-30mg, from memory and it was great - and that was with a high tolerance. IVing will increase your tolerance exponentially and it doesn't decrease significantly even with months between dosing. I kinda wish I'd never done it now cos I get through ridiculous amounts but can almost never get to the hole via any means :\

I like slang name KETCHUP for ketamine 'cos it true. Ketamine is really like tomato sauce - good with almost everything but not so good to drink pure ketchup )))
Same with K - as second ingridient to some triptamines, phenetylamines or even stimulants which can be used IV _ it's just great if not too much.

iirc, khole doses are as follows
insufflation: 1mg/lb
IM: 2/3mg/lb
IV: 1/3mg/lb

IV ketamine is definitely different. its too quick though, and if the dose is too high, you might not even remember the experience

Last edited:
Mashmergemangled.

Sure the ket fiends will be able to decipher it even though the post order went bye-bye. If not, you're not taking enough ket ;)

EDIT: Doh! Didn't get mangled. That would just be me with a headful of acid getting easily confuzzled again :D

iirc, khole doses are as follows
insufflation: 1mg/kg
IM: 2/3mg/kg
IV: 1/3mg/kg

IV ketamine is definitely different. its too quick though, and if the dose is too high, you might not even remember the experience

IME those doses are a little on the low side.
I'd say its more like 1mg/lb and when tolerance comes into play that all goes out the window.

better on the low side than not remembering anything ;)
but yeah shit i meant those as mg/lb not mg/kg
my [url="http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=50388
]IV ket experience[/url] was 50mg (i weigh 150lbs) and it was PLENTY enough for an OBE

It has been more than a year since I last IVed K. Since then, I had been to south asia and managed to get pharmaceutical vials OTC. It was then that I got over my fear of IMing and started doing that.

IMO, IM is the best way to take Ketamine. However, I still think IVing is a novel and very different experience. Very strange just how different it is, indeed.

Last time I IVed it, I think I had a bit too much, I blacked out, and completely forgot that I actually took the shot, leading to a very unpleasant experience. The experience was horrifying enough that I never had the desire to IV again...

IV ketamine... anyone try it??

I have about 0.3g left from a liquid vial I evaporated into powder a while ago. I am not a huge fan of K by itself, I think it is best utilized when coming off MDMA but I am bored and am trying to stay off opiates so using the ketamine would be an alternative kick.

The only ROA i have ever used for K is nasally, and the BA seems fairly high but I have no basis for comparison and this is why I made this thread. How much K does one save by using a needle (IM or IV) as opposed to snorting it?

I am guessing that IV is quite intense and much shorter of an experience, and my tolerance for K is very low so anyone with experience know of a good IV dose to start with?? I evaporated the K solution myself so I know there are no cuts in it... I don't want it to be so bad that I end up in an instant K-hole with a needle sticking out of my arm!!

Oh yea, also for IM (which of course would prob last longer and have a more delayed onset)... where is the best spot to shoot. I have never IM'ed anything as I am afraid of hitting a nerve or artery, plus IV is usually better with most drugs.

So yea thats it. Any advice or experiences would be welcome :) I am also wondering if it is even worth it to begin with, bioavailability-wise and all... exactly how much K is wasted when snorting??

i did it and it was not worth it. it provides no psychedelic effects,
just some sort of a really heavy sedation for 15-20 minutes.
20-30 minutes later and i was back to being normal.

a complete waste and not recreational.

-edit-

"I am guessing that IV is quite intense"

it is. you push down the plunger pull out the needle and baam... ;)
really knocks you out. not my kind of thing.
after that experience i thought about mixing 5-10mg to a shot of heroin,
but never actually did it.

I was wondering the same thing. I've yet to even insufflate what I have left because I wanted to use the most efficient route. I only have a small amount of self-evaporated K but I may just nose it to get a guaranteed effect.

For IM injections: you should inject no more than 0.5-1 mL into the Deltoid Muscle (the shoulder). Avoid the Dorsogluteal injection site due to the high possibility of hittin the sciatic nerve!. If you're IMing more than 1mL, go with the Ventrogluteal or Vastus Lateralis injection sites (look the location of these sites up on Google).

i did it and it was not worth it. it provides no psychedelic effects,
just some sort of a really heavy sedation for 15-20 minutes.
20-30 minutes later and i was back to being normal.

a complete waste and not recreational.

-edit-

"I am guessing that IV is quite intense"

it is. you push down the plunger pull out the needle and baam... ;)
really knocks you out. not my kind of thing.
after that experience i thought about mixing 5-10mg to a shot of heroin,
but never actually did it.

If you didn't experience any "psychedelic" effects from IV K, then you didn't do nearly enough. I've been ripped out of my body after just snorting it.

The only way you could really "waste" it through IV admin, would be to do an anesthetic dose, which would basically just knock you out completely, without any hallucinations. Although you might have some as you are waking up, as this is the reason its use in humans was discontinued. You would be out for a lot longer than 10-20 minutes too (more like an hour or so).

FYI 5-10mg IV is barely a threshold dose. For any kind of visuals, 25mg is probably the minimum.

Most people will enter the k-hole when administering ketamine intravenously. The effects occur instantly, which makes this dangerous, as you can "pass out" (still awake and tripping, just non-responsive aka k-hole) with the needle still in your arm, fall on something, etc.

If you want to get the most bang for your buck, I would suggest IM. The bioavailability is nearly as high as IV, but the effects take a few minutes to kick in, which leaves you at least a little time to prepare for it.

As far as bioavailability, here they are:

Intravenous - 100%
Intramuscular - 90-95%
Intranasal - I've seen reports of 25-75%, though I would lean more towards the 50-75% range from personal experience
Oral - 10-20%

Too bad we can't discuss sources here, lol. I haven't been able to find any for quite some time. Good luck though! Hopefully my info will help.

jabbing a needle into is not fun to me, but if it has 2cc's of ketamine its a great time, i think its better than taking it in the nose, but i dont like needles, so i save that for when my nose is clogged

i triyd it, my friend had viles hed prepare to powder..

he fucking loved it, i thought it wasnt good, my other friend thought he died for 5minutes