• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Ketamine Subthread] Intravenous Injection (IV)

I'm assuming the way you test if you're in the muscle is you pull back - if air comes in you're in the muscle, blood comes back you're in a vein/artery?

I have yet to try IM Ketamine, but I really do like IV ketamine a lot.

I really have always wanted to try IM K, but am more wary as IMing drugs isn't as safe as IVing them (from what I've read). If I use sterile water I should be pretty much OK though as far as IMing goes, right?

I'm with shambles on this one.. IM wins all round for general sake but IM, IV and Nasal are all so amazing in different ways.

The rush is the main thing with IV it's almost like nitrous back in the day with 0 tolerance but more visual cold feeling in back of throat sometimes completely chryogenically black out for 5 mins lol but doesn't last long... very good to do with nitrous or peaking.

I adore IM though because it's so easy and you get more out of the K than nasal.

ketamine iv is the best way to get high of a k pill, you'll fly long time on this thing

I'm assuming the way you test if you're in the muscle is you pull back - if air comes in you're in the muscle, blood comes back you're in a vein/artery?

Yup - you want the exact opposite of IV really - no blood. Best to inject slowly too cos it's less sore and probably causes less damage then just shoving it in, I'd think.

thanks for replies, really good to see what everyone thinks, useful to get a tried and tested opinion :)

I love IM, although Ive read a fair bit about the IM route I never realised that its more risky than IV. Ive never been that careful with IM, and use tap water all the time etc, so will be a bit more careful from now on after reading a couple of your posts Shambles, thanks! Ive shot pretty dirty K on occasion :\

delta9 re: I was always so surprised how much of an anticlimax the actual injecting is with IM; if you dart the needle in, pull back a teeny bit, and plunge down slowly, its almost totally painless. It can sometimes hurt for a couple of days after from bruising or if you miss or stab around too much, but that's it, it can hurt to walk, but never enough to make it too much of an issue! (i sometimes get tiny bruises on my thighs, but get almost no other noticeable marks)
I was kindof shitting myself a bit when I first did it, but it was a total anticlimax really! obviously the experience of IM is different to nasal and so much better in so many ways (for me anyway!) but injecting was fine, and I have had no problems since either. It also eliminates (as far as I can see) any ill effects on your stomach etc, which is so great, though, as Shambles pointed out, the risk from infection from the needle is something to think about.

another quick question about IV, what are your preferred ROA areas?? (arms/legs etc). I dont want to end up with big shiny marks on my arms (for obvious reasons!). I really have little experience of IV and IV users and have no idea if one or two hits IV is going to make a noticeable mark if I use my arm. I'll look about to see if I can find info about IV sites, any useful links would be greatly appreciated, dont want to end up with any poor website information! :/

thanks again for replies, interesting to think about :) !

Yup - you want the exact opposite of IV really - no blood. Best to inject slowly too cos it's less sore and probably causes less damage then just shoving it in, I'd think.

Is it better to use less or more units of water for IM?

What are the advantages/disadvantages for making very/not so very diluted solutions for IM?

Well you can make solutions up to 200mg/ml if need be - I do it so a) it only requires 1 injection, which stems from b) I have a hideous tolerance to ket these days, so require 150-200mg IM to K-hole

lmao FnB you make me feel disgusted with my tolerance.

Having a break though i'd be about the same i'd like to think.

If you were in the middle of a binge i dont believe 150 to 200mg would get you every time, your session tolerance must be much more ridiculous? am i correct?

Ket session tolerance. Therein lies the rub with ket binges :|

Last binge I had after a few days of virtually 24/7 use I was shooting 250mg IV and happily pottering about BL modding without even needing the spellcheck. Ket tolerance gets stooopid very quickly if you take the piss :\

It's the biggest downfall of ket.. you couldnt conceive of going through the amounts you get through until you've already got through it all.. lmao!

I find it goes down to semi-normal levels with a good break between binges but it doesn't last long at all and shoots straight back up to previous levels rapidly :\

shambles is right, yes overall general baseline tolerance is permanent but if you do alot of ketamine and have gone through binges you will definately notice a session tolerance spike.. your overall general tolerance on breaking from ketamine slowly rises over the years of usage, the session tolerance just spikes back up depending on how much you use in a space of time.

It's like muscle training it has a memory and it slowly goes back down but never past a certain point.

Yes, you can refain from ket use for a few months to attempt to reduce tolerance, but this will only reduce the amount you'd need for that first dose after you quit.
All subsequent doses would need to be just as high as they were before you stopped.

^ I actually find it harder to hole IV than IM, personally. I find IV pretty stimulating - can be almost in the holezone but still just about capable of movement. If I go that bit further it's usually KO time and coming round with no memory and a lot less ket than I had.

Five grams in a night would be the worst example. Can't really remember anything much of it but came round with the tourniquette still around my arm and an empty baggie of ket. Not only moreish but cos you tend to forget you've just done a shot it's easy to repeat to the point of complete stupidity :\

With IV ket it may be wise to stash whatever you don't want to use cos it's sooooo easy to get through obscene amounts when you shoot the stuff :|

Tis great though =D

If you keep the usage down you'll have no need to beat tolerance with huge doses. I used a vial of 0.5g pharma grade and it lasted me a full night, much less needed IV than insuffulated imo.

IV'ing Ketamine

ok so im used to IM ketamine. my normal dose insulfated is up to a half gam or more, and IM is about .25 to .3 of pure ketamine depending on how many times i did it that day.

now i was wondering comparatively if i were to IV what should my dose be. i dont want to try to small of a dose and redose because i find that doesnt work.

thanks for your help guys. this website is full of great information