• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Ketamine Subthread] Different Brands

Care to elaborate? What does it cause when you use ketamine that is preserved by it?

anyone ever heard of Ketanir vials from Nirlife? And if, any info on isomer and or additives?

Ketamine brand question

Hi all, not sure if this is where I should be posting this, but I was just wondering if anyone knew whether Ketamine Inresa was racemic or whether it is only the S-isomer. This is a wild stab in the dark since I am aware that it is most likely that no one will have any idea, and that it is most likely racemic. I'm getting a nice sealed vial for safety :)

As far as I know, that's incorrect, Inresa is just like all other ketamine brands - it's "ketamine", so therfore the racemate. Only Ketanest-S is pure S-ketamine - named differently as "esketamine" - sold on the market today.[ref][ref2]

As far as I know, that's incorrect, Inresa is just like all other ketamine brands - it's "ketamine", so therfore the racemate. Only Ketanest-S is pure S-ketamine - named differently as "esketamine" - sold on the market today.[ref][ref2]

I've read those as well but they are not correct (yes the NHS often get things wrong). I've pm'd you to explain why.

It is S-Ket or at least predominantly S-Ketamine, very little to no R there, enough to call it S-ket.

Last edited:
It may indeed be racemic, let me get back to you on this, sorry for the confusion.

If it is called "ketamine" then it is definitely racemic. The INN name for the S-enamtiomer is "esketamine". Regulatory authorities woild never approve labeling esketamine as ketamine, and any esketamine products that were labeled as ketamine would be seized as misbranded medications and destroyed.

If it is called "ketamine" then it is definitely racemic. The INN name for the S-enamtiomer is "esketamine". Regulatory authorities woild never approve labeling esketamine as ketamine, and any esketamine products that were labeled as ketamine would be seized as misbranded medications and destroyed.

Yes but I'm sure there are racemic ketamine's with less of the S than the R and vice versa, I'll have an answer in a couple of days, please ignore my previous posts.

Then it wouldn't be racemic which is always 50-50 by definition and also unheard of as far as ketamine or esketamine is concerned. Arketamine pure or at higher ratio is particularly unheard of in medicine or veterinary medicine as it is considered to have less medical application than esketamine / racemic, with good reason.

There are illicit ketamine batches of various kinds, there's definitely racemic, pure S and pure R and it's not inconceivable although likely rare that someone would mix the isomers in custom ratios or tweak racemic by adding a pure isomer to make a custom ratio. But you were talking about brands, actual regulated medical K right? If you're sure because it felt like that to you, there must have been another reason / it's in your head.

This is what I thought, and I used to be one of those people who would say Ketamine is not like wine tasting, if it's medical racemic ketamine in a vial the rest is in one's head...

...and yet it isn't, there clearly is a difference between producers of medical Ketamine and this is reported with repeat experiences. Some vials have more S effects others more R and this on a repeat basis so a little like picking them up from a shelf just like wine tasting, which led us to conclude there must be different percentages of isomers by producer, except for as you pointed out that's completely illogical...

As for the Inresa I should have a definite answer sometime soon.

Yes but I'm sure there are racemic ketamine's with less of the S than the R and vice versa, I'll have an answer in a couple of days, please ignore my previous posts.
That isn't the case. You can read on the label and see exactly what is in the bottle. If it says ketamine then it is a 50-50 mix of S and R. Manufactures are not allowed to market odd enantiomeric ratios as ketamine. You can read the exact requirements in the published standards, such as USP in the US and the BP in the UK.

Mushrooms can also have different effects per "strain" (variety) merely by the psychological associations we develop for them and it's the same for many more drugs that in reality don't differ significantly i.e. even synthetics that give you no explanation like different alkaloids in different mushrooms. It's a form of placebo effect, which might I remind you has been proven to be powerful time and time again only to be met by the hubris that it couldn't possibly be so strong as to fool us.
"There clearly is a difference" is no evidence to the contrary. Unless there is actual tangible evidence you'd be in denial imo. No offense. :)

@thespice about S-ket and that PM: please re-check the reference sekio provided (this one: http://www.ukmi.nhs.uk/filestore/uk...mentforKetamine&Esketaminegenerics_Jun-14.pdf ) and see how ketamine and S-ketamine (esketamine) are explicitly separate and Inresa contains (racemic) ketamine, which I think is consistent with the story in your PM.

Last edited:
Sorry for the confusion, the Inresa is in fact racemic.

Solipsis thanks, I had seen that link before writing on this thread just thought they may have made a mistake (you would be surprised to find out how much badly sourced/even fake medicines end up in the NHS).

Solipsis, without wanting to cause an argument, LSD and mushrooms cannot be compared to a dissociative like Ketamine, they are auto-reflexive and so it's commonly known that what you bring into shrooms/LSD psychologically is what you experience regardless of the source of LSD, with Ketamine this is not the case it produces the same experience and results everytime given the same source, meaning that if there is a difference between the brands something is else going on (all other factors remaining the same), since the same experience can be repeated with the same brand.

You can only prove that with a double blind experiment, otherwise you're just reinforcing your own beliefs. As was said, pharmaceutical companies have to adhere to strict rules. Ketamine means racemic ketamine, they can't just mix it up a bit whenever they feel like it so unless you are comparing ketanest-S to any other brand, at most the different experiences you may have could be due to preservatives, but I forget if they are ever really present at active levels (if chlorobutanol I hardly think so), or something like xylazine in certain brands.
Otherwise it doesn't make sense why there would be a real difference.

Also psychedelics are even heavier on suggestibility than other drugs, but placebo is still universal and a component of beliefs about differing varieties that simply cannot be dismissed. If you try to dismiss it you clearly don't understand the point of placebo.

Different brands of ketamine have different effects. For example, Ketaset is stronger than Ketalar in my experience. But it's not because of different ratios of R to S isomers as far as I can tell.