Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Ketamine Subthread] Different Brands

Vetco

Bluelighter

Welcome to the Ketamine Brands Subthread

Please note that in this OP we want to list which brands contain either racemic ketamine or the S-isomer. And which preservatives they contain. We do NOT want your subjective opinions on brands because they are not all completely varied in effect!

The only S-isomer ketamine brands is apparently:

• Ketanest-S

The following brands have been claimed to contain S-ketamine but there is no evidence to support that and we should probably assume it was a marketing ploy at some point.

• Agrovet
  • Anesket
  • Vulcan
  • Aquaket
  • Ketavan

Brands containing Benzethonium Chloride:

• Ketaset
  • Ketalar

[original post:]

Anyone ever heard of or seen KetaVed brand licks around? They are made by the company VEDCO with a subbranch of Phoenix Scientific who makes Ketaject. There the same size/concentration, etc as all other vials. They seem like one of the better brands ive had, but it seems to have weird effects (or maybe its just coincidence). It has it own little feeling, the way every different brand has their own perks and things, but it seems to make me tired afterwards to the point where I usually fall asleep.

Also, I'm not sure if its just the allergies and pollen and/or also the cats and dogs im around all the time, but my nose is always running and im always sneezing its not the same kinda do drugs up the nose and have your nose messed up feel. I was wondering, could the company put in some additive that reacts badly with your nose, but is fine when used the way its made for?

Another thing, would real small amounts of other drugs used in the "coctail" of drugs they use to sedate cats cause any of those effects? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmmm, I wonder where you work?

I'd be careful with those cocktails and be sure that they are only used for sedation. I know the phenobarb used to euthanize animals usually have some other nasty chemicals in them to make the job more effective.

I know somone who used to get those. He worked at the vet, too. I think that K tastes funny but thats it. Did a ton of this stuff and didnt really notice a difference from ttokkoyo. oh yeah I know there is only Ketamine hcl 100mg/ml in that solution (white/blue label). Usually cocktails are mixed in another vial and labeled. Maybe tiletamine in some, tried this and it knocked me out pretty quick

Last edited:
Ketaved doesn't contain anything different from most other brands. It contains racemic ketamine and benzethonium chloride (the most common type of preservative). While I have never used Ketavad, I have used three different brands of ketamine, all with these two ingredients, and I have not noticed any difference between them at all. With the exception of one brand, the name of which I do not know (but it is not Ketaved), all ketamine should feel the same. There aren't any 'perks' or differences between brands; even differences in the preservative are very unlikely to be noticeable.

Ketamine, when snorted, CAN fuck your nose up -- so I wouldn't assume that it is something else in the what you are snorting. Perhaps this sniffling problem has just developed with your continued use.

Also, the 'feeling tired' afterwards (again very common), is likely a result of you using more. I have noticed that I am much more tired after ketamine these days than I was when I first began using it.

How you react to a drug very frequently changes over time, as your psyche and brain adapt and respond to the drug's effects.

Oh, and posts about ketamine are usually made in Psychedelics.

They arent pre-mixed cocktails, theyre mixed on the spot, but the same needle is used for all 3 substances, so im sure a little residue ends up in each.

RIkilla said:
I know somone who used to get those. He worked at the vet, too. I think that K tastes funny but thats it. Did a ton of this stuff and didnt really notice a difference from ttokkoyo. oh yeah I know there is only Ketamine hcl 100mg/ml in that solution (white/blue label). Usually cocktails are mixed in another vial and labeled. Maybe tiletamine in some, tried this and it knocked me out pretty quick

I am not a beginner of sniffing drugs, and im also not new to K by any means. At one point I used to go through 2 to 4 lix of ttokkyo a day everyday for a few months straight. I have also had my binges on Ketaject (which i think is the worst k ever made) and I have tried several other brands (no binges on em, just a lick or 2 for a nights fun) and it has never affected me in this way before.

Ketamine, when snorted, CAN fuck your nose up -- so I wouldn't assume that it is something else in the what you are snorting. Perhaps this sniffling problem has just developed with your continued use.

Also, the 'feeling tired' afterwards (again very common), is likely a result of you using more. I have noticed that I am much more tired after ketamine these days than I was when I first began using it.

How you react to a drug very frequently changes over time, as your psyche and brain adapt and respond to the drug's effects.

Oh, and posts about ketamine are usually made in Psychedelics.

Oh, and I am a janitor at the mall, I dont and have never worked at or near any kinda medical facitity FYI ;)

I didn't realize that there was some actual mixing of other chemicals, but also, I was not by any means implying that you are a 'beginner' at sniffing drugs or 'new to' doing k. I used ketamine for years before noticing some of the effects I now notice. As for sniffing, ketamine generally seems to cause more nose-running than other snortable substances.

I have experienced the nose runs before, but this is a different kind of nose run, maybe its the combination of animals (theres lotsa seeing eye dogs at the mall that I clean =D), the pollen, and the weather, but its not the same as what i get when I have done k in the past.

Survey: Different brands of Ketamine and experiences

I have been trying to write this out for the past hour an a 1/2 and my computer has deleted it twice, so I give up, Ill post it later, but there has been the debate about brand vs strength/quality/experience.

From my experience and my friends' experiences I KNOW there is a big difference from brand to brand, even different brands from the same manufacturer. I tried to write a description on every brand of K that I have had a decent amount of, but my computer keeps messing up so I will do it later.

I was looking for people who could contribute their experiences with different brands as well as the quality, burn, type of "trip", side effects, etc. I may try to do a research project on this subject, so please be as detailed as possible.

**I would only like posts from people who have had at least 1 or more vial of a brand of K, and had enough of it to come up with a general analysis of that brand compared to others. Please only post if you have enough experience to be able to notice differences in experiences based on brand, have experiences with several brands and you get sealed licks or are positive on brand and that it is 100% pure. Also, experiences based on nasal administration is what I am mostly looking for**

Here is an example of what I would like to see if you have the info:

Ketaset (Fort Dodge Labs) [Iowa, USA] {Yellow Label}: Onset time compared to other brands. Quality compared to other brands. Feeling of "trip". Feeling of hole. Strength/dosage needed (relative to other brands). Any noticible differences or things that stand out from other brand. Overall experience/would it be a brand you would want to do again? Rarity/original source (ie. out of country import, crooked vet, robbed vet, etc. if it is known) Anything else you want to add.

I will post my experiences when I get the motivation to type it up for the THIRD time.

You might just be becoming allergic to the animals. Is your nose runny all the time you are there? Even if you weren't allergic going in, because of the dander in the air you can become allergic. It happens to people who work in rat/mice labs a lot because rodents have so much dander. The allergy then applies to cats and dogs as well, not just the original rodents. That's a little bit off on a tangent, but that's what happened to me and it sucks. So it might not even be the drugs after all. Next time you go in watch for symptoms before you've put anything else up your nose, you may just generally be screwed.

I live in Englandwhere you get ketamine differently.
It is mainly bought in India, the vials emptyed into bottles and posted to the UK.

If you are buying liqued bulk it comes in measurements of litres and half litres (1 litre=1000ml).

For this reason it is hard to find out the brand. All I can say is there is a huge difference in different types of K.

After squatting for a year and doink K daily it was easy to tell when you were doing a different type of K

If anyone could post reports that descibe brands and effects it gives I would appriciate that.
Thanks in advance.

Ketamine HCl is Ketamine HCl is Ketamine HCl......

there is no better brand of a molecule. You could also look at the other additives/preservatives if you wish to futher differentiate the "Ketamines".

Furthermore, there are 2 distinct isomers of ketamine, but in most all preparations a racemic mixture of the two is used. (It would be quite costly to filter out one isomer or the other). There are beliefs that one isomer may, infact be more psychedelic than the other but again... in a racemic mixture this would not be an issue.

At any rate, I look forward to reading others thoughts in this thread.

SG

i have heard rumors of 1 brand of ketamine having a higher ratio of the psychedelic isomer.

i've tried both isomers seperately and together (and of course i've tried the racemate) and 1 isomer is definately the primary cause for the psychedelic effects, while the other seemed to be mostly responsible for some of the physical effects.

That's fascinating stuff!

Wouldn't it then be relatively simple to test that brand to see if it indeed has a higher ratio of that isomer?

--- G.

The difference is not in the Ketamine or the manufacturer. It is in you.

Ketamine effects at recreational doses vary greatly from experience to experience, but it has nothing to do with the product, and everything to do with you. When you last ate, what you ate, when you last slept, how you're feeling, other drugs present, time since last trip, your tolerance... everything adds up.

Ketamine is: 2-(2-chlorophenyl1)-(methylamino)-cyclohexanone hydrochloride, C13H16ClNO

Do you actually believe the Ketamine molecule varies from manufacturer to manufacturer?

Morrison's Lament said:
Wouldn't it then be relatively simple to test that brand to see if it indeed has a higher ratio of that isomer?

A racemic mix , by definition, is a 1:1 ratio of isomers.

Fruit of the Tree

I've had two differnet brands of pharmie ketamine, as well as imported ketamine from China. There was NO difference. It's all in your heads!. Heh.

i have no idea if there is any factual basis in this, but erowid says:

Most brands contain equal mixtures of the S(+) and R(-) isomers (racemic ketamine), but at least one brand has been found to contain only the S(+) isomer.