• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Serious Ketamine overdose in cat

Update:
20231130-212127.jpg

20231130-211240.jpg

He healed completely. I think the ketamine helped him in some way. He seems spiritually elevated, hes like a Buddhist monk now.

yeah, I can not explain the logic why it is funny, but it is funny exactly because catnip is better than giving them ketamine, at least if the goal is not anesthesia.

It is like if you were involved in dangerous high-speed chase and after it you conclude "ok, Imma gonna just stick to bike with training wheels for a while"

Bare_head said:
people like you is why i feel people shouldnt be allowed animals as "pets"

Disagree. He is paying for vet visits. He paid to get him castrated. He has been giving him anti-biotics. He obviously cares a lot about his cat.

Just cause he made a mistake with the ketamine doesn't mean he shouldn't be allowed to have pets. That's bullshit.

OP did well. Kitty is lucky to have him.

What the actual fuck are you talking about? Have you binged on cocaine for few days without sleep? You seem just completely incoherent and delusional.

Besides, he is either gonna live or die. If he lives, drug him on catnip.
No emergency vet on sunday's, wow. DIY operation. Would he have died without treatement that day you think. Then you probably saved him.

A phonecall to the ER was also an option, just wonder if they would treat cat's? Ketamine is a anesthetic but orally at that dose will take some time. Are you still planning a visit to a Vet? I love cat's, hate to lose one just by a simple professional vet not having a look your cat, just to be safe.
(don't mention the Ket imo) when really paranoid you could make some look-a like cat scratches.

Once when my Rabbit was sick I would roll em in a towel, to give him 2 med's, and still he managed to hit me pretty hard. But he survived.

Update:
20231130-212127.jpg

20231130-211240.jpg

He healed completely. I think the ketamine helped him in some way. He seems spiritually elevated, hes like a Buddhist monk now.
:heart3:

So the infection was on the outside of his head. The bold spot. Maybe you should become vet, treat yourself on some Catnip to, my Cat only liked to smell it. Its a delicious aroma for Cat's and Human's but Mosquito's can't stand it.

@Pissed_and_messed have you read my other comment's or is your smiley intended good? Its looks like a smiley in shock to me.

Last edited:
No im kind of in disbelief that someone would be so callus as to just let a cat die. Would you let a human od and die to cause your afraid of a charge?

The Stalin is poisoned thing was made up by capitalists. Also the CIA themselves admitted that the soviet union was in fact pretty democratic. If you want to sere what capitalist dictators can do look at what happened to Afghanistan when the CIA backed taliban took over. Talk about fucking psychopaths
Capitalist dictators in Afghanistan? lol wut?

I don’t know that much but I have paid attention for a few years and love reading about world governments, politics, I was very leftist but after Covid and woke I came bsck to earth.

Anyways Afghanistan is a good example of what can happen when people believe incorrect things and are so stubborn they refuse to look at evidence and have to go around banning it and killing anyone not super into the crazy shit they’re into. Religious fundamentalism. I feel like left of center people are getting like that with what I call wokeness but I hate labels because what woke means to me will mean something different to you. But it’s the crazy edge of the left. I can’t get down with it at all and now I feel silly that I was way out in the fuck woke land saying crazy shit like they do. It felt wrong.

I used to be anti capitalist now I’m not, even though a lot of it really sucks and is unfair. I have thought it over and scanned my memories (I have good memory like a movie I can play for any time/year) and capitalism is pretty great for humanity if I take my self and my consciousness out of it. Generally it works while seeming super unfair. It does distribute resources pretty good even though we hate it. I guess i see why you might think of Afghanistan as capitalist but it’s only a little capitalistic. The Taliban takes a lot of that money by force, it’s not how a true capitalist society would distribute resources. It’s just so culturally different that I would guess capitalism isn’t even a word they use but idk 🤷‍♂️

Okay, disclaimer, I read page one and page six. DIY ket dose got squirrely, but he made it, correct?

One Google search shows that the dosage was indeed correct for feline anesthesia, at least as he read them, however incredibly stupid doing it at home was. Hope you learned your lesson to leave the professional work to the professionals. Passion, good intentions and a little bit of information are no substitute for years of training and entire arrays of specialized equipment.

I'm glad catface made it tho. 🙂

yeah, this was the issue, it was not possible at the moment.

I kinda figured. It's a tough call, easy to say what "should" be done when you're not the one in the heat of the moment. Sometimes you have to make a hard decision.

Like I said, I'm just glad he's okay.

Capitalist dictators in Afghanistan? lol wut?

I don’t know that much but I have paid attention for a few years and love reading about world governments, politics, I was very leftist but after Covid and woke I came bsck to earth.

Anyways Afghanistan is a good example of what can happen when people believe incorrect things and are so stubborn they refuse to look at evidence and have to go around banning it and killing anyone not super into the crazy shit they’re into. Religious fundamentalism. I feel like left of center people are getting like that with what I call wokeness but I hate labels because what woke means to me will mean something different to you. But it’s the crazy edge of the left. I can’t get down with it at all and now I feel silly that I was way out in the fuck woke land saying crazy shit like they do. It felt wrong.

I used to be anti capitalist now I’m not, even though a lot of it really sucks and is unfair. I have thought it over and scanned my memories (I have good memory like a movie I can play for any time/year) and capitalism is pretty great for humanity if I take my self and my consciousness out of it. Generally it works while seeming super unfair. It does distribute resources pretty good even though we hate it. I guess i see why you might think of Afghanistan as capitalist but it’s only a little capitalistic. The Taliban takes a lot of that money by force, it’s not how a true capitalist society would distribute resources. It’s just so culturally different that I would guess capitalism isn’t even a word they use but idk 🤷‍♂️

The CIA funded the Taliban against the soviets thats a fact

I don't know how you can think capitalism is good for humanity. One need not look as far as Afghanistan for examples of that just look at homeless people freezing in your back yard