• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ketamine Bladder/Ketamine Cystitis - Any sufferers out there?

A factor people dont seem to think about is that its easy to move around in a matter that may cause pain or injury during a K high.

Then not know one did it untill the day after or later.
Ive seen people sit or lay in extremely bad positions on K and then wake up with back or hip pain.

Myself i am very careful and make sure i lay down if i take more then a small bump.
Ive seen some reports of people doing yoga or working out on dissios, as a personal trainer my opinion is that is a very bad idea.

LucidSDreamr said:
Sounds almost exactly how mine first started when I barley felt it...it went away quickly...but it eventually got worse after another while of heavy disso and drug use

So then exactly not the problem I'm dealing with. I was fine for a day or two after the acute dissociative coma session and never had an issue before.

Since then for the last 5 days I have had constant pain in my lower back right side and front right groin area/front lower stomach area, which might indicate a kidney/ureter issue either a blockage or infection, but again my urine looks ok.

Bitchniggaz said:
A factor people dont seem to think about is that its easy to move around in a matter that may cause pain or injury during a K high.

Then not know one did it until the day after or later.
Ive seen people sit or lay in extremely bad positions on K and then wake up with back or hip pain.

Myself i am very careful and make sure i lay down if i take more then a small bump.
Ive seen some reports of people doing yoga or working out on dissios, as a personal trainer my opinion is that is a very bad idea.

It's funny you mention this because I did hurt myself although I was unconscious at the time, I rolled out of a bed when coming down (I remember nothing of this however), and woke up on the floor with a bruise and a gouge on my right thorax which I only noticed the day after.

However this current right pelvic pain came a couple of days later and is internal (and my outer bruise has already healed), if it was just lower back pain I'd be fine with writing that off as muscle pain but it is a dull ache on my right groin area as well which does make it seem like something like a kidney stone or infection, but how this could occur from just 3.5g's max in a month with 0 previous abuse is beyond me.

Yeah I have used since my original post I did a quater 2 weeks ago then 5gs last weekend but I plan on not using for another few weeks. I seem fine though 2 weeks ago on my q binge I did start to feel minor pain in my piss but no cramps. went away after I stopped using. Last weekend no pains during my use. I seem to be a lot better since then but I am aware of this and have slowed down significantly. I believe I still do have damage too my bladder I piss a lot still but not nearly as much as I would when using.

To Tranced, yeah I know many people who cant support their habits. Its mainly due to tolerance I believe when you first start a G will last a while. Quickly if you use a lot a G will last only a few doses. Those people then cant support their habits ask for fronts etc fiend out and owe everyone money. Then they will need to do scum shit to get their highs. I try to not hang out with people who are like that they will only bring you down or take from you. Too the spilled K on the bed I have been their a few times. Not with spilled K but thinking my friends are against me. For example 2 weeks ago when I had the quater bag we where getting ready to leave for a venue and I ended up holing my self and waking up in the car. My quater bag was now probably 2gs and in a different bag. So I started freaking out thinking they robbed me. Ended up my good friend in the other car took my bag when I was holed and made it a small 2g bag and left the rest at the hotel for me because he knew I didnt wanna bring the whole bag. I wont pace myself if I did.

It's now been exactly since months since I last used K and I thought I'd give a little update for anyone who's still interested.

The story so far goes like this:

April - August 2017 - I used ketamine recreationally. Never more than a g in a weekend. Roughly every fortnight at first, culminating in a series of 2-3 weekends and music festivals where I used multiple days in a row. Still rarely more than a 1g in a weekend.

August 2017 - I started to notice strange abdominal symptoms that I immediately suspected to be ketamine related. Twinges and increased awareness in various parts of my abdomen and groin including what felt like my bladder

- These symptoms worsened through September and at their peak were bad enough to effect my sleeping for a few nights.
- They eventually died down and by the end of November I thought they had prettty much gone.

December 2017 - After assuming the symptoms gone and that I would be making a full recovery, the symptoms returned. This corresponded with a time in my life when I was partying a lot, using other drugs and alcoohol.

January 2018 - These symptoms worsened until I had another period where it affected my sleep for a few nights. This made me doubly anxious (a feedback cycle I think) and my mental health suffered for a while.

February - April - The symptoms seem to have very slowly got better. It's so gradual as to make it quite hard to recognise improvements but there definitely have been improvements.

April 2018 - After trying two GPs and a urologist with no answers I tried another urologist. He examined my bladder with an ultrasound and very quickly said "everything's fine". He then conducted a prostate exam which I found to be extremely painful. He seemed to think immediately (based on my reaction) that I had prostatitis. I gave him a semen sample which came back negative two days later. He advised that I take 800mg of ibuprofren every day for two weeks to ease my inflamed prostate. Tomorrow is the end of the two week period and though it does seem to be still improving, it's hard to tell why as it had been on the improve for the last few months anyway.

N.B. I've had blood tests with two different GPs and been fully tested for any STDs.

----

I'm still nowhere near having any answers but I still believe that the ketamine triggered whatever is happening. It's possible that it's affecting my prostate as much as my bladder but there's some talk in medical circles of prostatitis and interstitial cystitis being the same thing, so...