• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Ketamine a portal to god and infinite reality

k-holing after smoking some weed used to be my absolute favourite drug experience, the trips ranged from beautiful and tranquil to profoundly disturbing - sometimes it would feel like i had peeled back the layers of reality and were seeing things as they really are, i wish i could describe it better than that but they were incredibly difficult experiences to put into words and even just thinking about them makes me feel like i'm tying my brain in a knot. unfortunately i can't really do it anymore as my tolerance means i usually just black out and trash my room and/or injure myself, shit sucks

You made it sound like it was ketamine addiction what killed him. Are you sure it did, though? Maybe he was indeed not in control, and his judgement had eroded to the point he didn't care about safety anymore.
Well I have always held the position there are no good or bad drugs. Just good or bad relationships with them. If an alcoholic had warnings that he ignored and then after his 5th DWI (don't laugh I have a brother in law that got his 6th DWI riding a lawn mower drunk in Ontario) went out and crashed his car yes it was his bad decision that killed him. But most of us would say alcohol was a big cultprit. D M Turner at the end of his own book talks about his ketamine addiction. If he had heeded some of the warnings from his conscience (or DMT as we say :) ) maybe he would not have made a decision like he did. All I know is from what is written, had a friend of a friend I met 25 years ago too that knew him, and as well this is in Erowid from another friend.

I really like Dr Jansens take on it. But if I said he did not die and followed a new reality on this board I would be looked at funny. But I agree, he got lured into a bigger reality. Don't we all? ;) The doctor is correct. For the books it says drowned in a bathtub.

Last edited:
Hmm.. let me clarify a little. If an alcoholic does repeated DWI and then gets killed, then no alcohol isn't just involved, addiction is a primary cause. Denying that is not my point. I'm saying that if a recovered alcoholic gets killed through DWI, that doesn't necessarily invalidate his recovery. It's straightforward to speculate it did, but it doesn't follow directly through logical deduction. In fact, it could be that Turner heeding the psychedelic warnings and down-regulating his substance use itself has been a factor.. you know, shooting up the usual dose with diminished tolerance. Then past addiction is still indirectly a factor in his death, just not necessarily present addiction, which might as well not have been there. Unless you're in the @Vastness camp that is. But I on the other hand like to sharply delineate the addiction concept. If every use is put on a spectrum of addiction, and addiction is unwanted, then therefore every use is unwanted. And that's just clearly not the case in the world of science-based medicine. So therefore some addiction is beneficial? How we're gonna call clearly unwanted use then? It just breaks down all the semantics and one's orientation in the complex field of psychoactives to try and radically simplify matters like that, in my opinion.

The first recollection on that Erowid page frames Turner's addiction as a presence that never left, contradicting my speculation. The second recollection on the other hand confirms he should indeed have had it under control in the end. Together that seems to support that the evidence is actually inconclusive, not just for the books.

So did he indeed got lured into a bigger reality? That's again putting it in terms of victimization. That's in conflict with how the dynamics in this bigger reality get perceived. I know this, because I have philosophically integrated the dissociative state, and can cognitively access and talk about the POV at will. I'm already "lured" into this bigger reality, that can't be my MO anymore. Specific use cases remain.. I guess you could frame those as DM-Turning the reality even bigger, in so far that makes sense. But I strive to make rational, utilitarian and sometimes compassionate choices to do so, with as much awareness as possible about the bias inherent in the fact that future self from whom past and present self borrow life force not always feels connected to them. Ultimately I feel it's just not empowering to think in terms of being entrapped by the boogeyman.. at least not for those who feel called to empowerment, and can't but feel resentment at being subtly cowed into taking even the more dubious psychedelic visions at face value.

That said, his friends remember Turner as a wonderful individual, and it's a pity we're past encountering him as well as the truths of his story.

Last edited:
We know, that is why I vote you should be the bartender at the BL picnic. :) And TZ the organizer. lol

I wish ketamine was a portal to God for me. Felt like a hospital drug 33 years ago. The first two 100- mgs IM trips were cool though. After that an anesthetic drug that I did not want to continue with. Being a fan of the morphogenetic resonance theory maybe 33 years of people visiting that realm has added color to it and it became more interesting. If anyone has done mescaline cactus you can almost feel the ancestors coloring the realm. Ketamine was nothing in 1990. No one know about it that I knew and I left 3 bottles of Ketaset sit in a closet till I moved. The next person that I saw knew about it was in a 1994 D M Turner book. It actually killed him. Reading his experiences is a must. He seemed to have changed his mind just before he died. He said that in a DMT trip he learned ketamine was a frankenstein molecule that did not follow the shamanic laws. (whatever that means). But he said DMT helped break his addiction to ketamine which as we see never fully actually did that.

But I trust you all. And I like reading about a drug even if I do not indulge.

im with you...i think K is far over-rated...,it's trippy and weird but it's just ok in my opinion - not a big fan of the k-hole and i don't see how it's a portal to anything except for a "i can't wait for this to be over"

im with you...i think K is far over-rated...,it's trippy and weird but it's just ok in my opinion - not a big fan of the k-hole and i don't see how it's a portal to anything except for a "i can't wait for this to be over"
Ok so I am not crazy. One thing that confuses me is the dosages. Back when I had it I read 50-75 mgs was below full immersion (not sure the word hole existed then) 100 -125 mgs full immersion and over 150 was amnesia. That is certainly what I found with IM dosages of Ketaset. Yet I see people huff 500 mgs lines. I get tolerance plays a part. But my last "trip" I felft you could cut my arms and legs off and I would not care. I do come from the old school of thought that dissociatives are different from psychedelics. That they became so popular and a useful tool interests me even more.

So did he indeed got lured into a bigger reality? That's again putting it in terms of victimization. That's in conflict with how the dynamics in this bigger reality get perceived. I know this, because I have philosophically integrated the dissociative state, and can cognitively access and talk about the POV at will.
Victimization is a telling word CT. Implies something happened against your will. (I guess death could be that?) Interesting take. But too many thoughts on victimization and it leans toward mental illness. (not you CT just dicussing a concept) A cousin of mine that has schizophrenia thinks there are many groups or people or life is against him. I am here to say a person should NEVER feel like as victim. Should feel cradled by Nature, not a viictim. So I am trying to think up a sentence that sort of changes the sentence "lured into a bigger reality". Went willingly maybe? lol I honestly believe (and it can only be a belief without proof) that we all chose the time we die. Not sure how. But I keep it open.

the people doing 500 mg lines are usually massive ket addicts who can no longer k hole.

I have had cut ketamine before that was shit and wouldn't k hole me after 400 mg snorted.

But my pharma pure stuff k hole snorting 200-250 mg every time.

You need the right music for ketamine, add some MDMA and weed in there.

I always liked to boost the cold clinical feeling of ketamine with other drugs to make the hole more enjoyable. Else it can be become very fucking dark.

At times i felt possesed by aliens coming out of the k hole just like john c lily. Infact i was also in contact with the galactic federation just like him when i would do it. They would beam messages into my head. I also saw a UFO outside while on ketamine. Was fucking wild lol.

Last time i ever k hole i went to the astral realm and got dragged to hell, met the devil and experinced being cruficed to a cross while begging god to forgive my sins. this was after 8 huge lines while stonned. I was in a dark space mentally before holing. I spent eons in the astral i felt totally insane. I was glad to make it back to my body and never touched ketamine ever since. That made me realize it was not all fun and games lol, its not fun to spend eons in hell seeing the void of unspeakable horrors i was the most scared i had ever been in my life. Felt total terror in my soul

Hmm.. let me clarify a little. If an alcoholic does repeated DWI and then gets killed, then no alcohol isn't just involved, addiction is a primary cause. Denying that is not my point. I'm saying that if a recovered alcoholic gets killed through DWI, that doesn't necessarily invalidate his recovery. It's straightforward to speculate it did, but it doesn't follow directly through logical deduction. In fact, it could be that Turner heeding the psychedelic warnings and down-regulating his substance use itself has been a factor.. you know, shooting up the usual dose with diminished tolerance. Then past addiction is still indirectly a factor in his death, just not necessarily present addiction, which might as well not have been there.
I guess I need to read this thread in it;s entirely before forming a proper opinion but I can follow this easily, why would a person who was once addicted to alcohol who just happened to be killed by a person presently addicted to alcohol be a relevant consideration except, perhaps, to point out an unlucky coincidence of some kind, that he was killed by a person perhaps quite similar to past version of himself... if one believed addiction was some kind of moral crime one might point to karmic factors but IMO that would just be disrespectful and cruel... I don't follow what you say about someone reducing their dose of an injecting-habit with a presumably somewhat incapacitating substance somehow having relevance to the manner of their death if it could have happened to any random soberhead walking down the street... his past addiction is a coincidental irrelevance except I suppose that maybe it contributed to his presence in areas with a higher risk of death caused by other relatively uncontrolled sustance abusers... maybe that's what you mean by it being "indirectly" a factor in his death? But only so far as the fact he liked to walk down the road at a certain unfortunate time was also an indirect factor... unless he was actively impaired by an altered state of consciousness that might otherwise have allowed him to avoid a grisly fate... his own problems aren't really relevant in any meaningful sense except, I guess, in a kinda convoluted way in that if a person encourages dangerous behaviour like say... texting and driving... and then someone else kills them while doing this... then I guess yeah it's kinda relevant. Clearly I need to read this thread to understand what's going on here though and why it even matters. However thanks for inviting me to the discussion, but and if the thread will make this clearer, feel free to just wait for me to work it out, but...

Unless you're in the @Vastness camp that is.
What camp is it that you perceive me to be in and what argument am I expected to make here? :)

But I on the other hand like to sharply delineate the addiction concept. If every use is put on a spectrum of addiction, and addiction is unwanted, then therefore every use is unwanted.
Ah, OK. I guess maybe I've made some kind of argument that addiction is a concept that is not black and white, and is indeed a spectrum, but I think this is just a semantic point I might have made at some point to demonstrate basically exactly what you went on to dispute. The fact that practically EVERYTHING IMHO can be said to be some kind of a spectrum isn't a value judgement on that this and therefore to me, it does not follow that if addiction is a spectrum then every use is unwanted because yes, addiction in and of itself has a clear definition that can imply dysfunction but doesn't necessitate it. Is addiction unwanted, always? I'd say no. People can be "addicted" to fairly positive things although such behaviour would rarely be described as such because addiction is a term with negative connotations, for which obviously, there are reasons, but yeah, if addiction is a spectrum and addiction is unwanted then every behaviour that might qualify as addicted is also unwanted but I would never personally argue that addiction is unwanted in and of itself. I'd like to be addicted to self-improvement, seeking happiness, finding ways to spread joy and benefit the people around me and the human species. I wouldn't like to be addicted to anything that made me behave in ways that impaired my ability to do this, harmed me or others around me, and I think when people speak of addiction negatively it's implied that it's the dysfunction behaviours addictions can cause that are the problem - not the basic psychological phenomenon of the human mind beginning to lose it's ability to act consciously and deliberately, and specifically when this involves a subversion of certain executive functions by addictions which end up resulting in dysfunction and harm that no one would actually choose if navigating the mind was as simply as flipping a few switches to control one's behaviour in a way that was not at odds with anything that a higher version of themselves, for lack of any immediately more clear description than I can think of it.

So I guess I gotta go read the rest of this thread now and report back but as far as the topic title I'm gonna say that ketamine can be a portal to both god and perhaps an "infinite reality", although I have trouble with such expansive and poorly defined terms, but it's not a reliable one and the same portal has wrong turns that lead to finite, godless, inescapable realms of darkness. Of course the same can be said of many, many drugs - I've said it before and I'll say it again though, with ketamine specifically, reports of people managing to use it to actively improve their lives in any sustainable, measurable way that they can actually coherently describe are few and far between, perhaps even nonexistent, compared to to the immense volumes of tragic outcomes where people go looking for god and sacred truths but never find it, instead getting hopelessly lost along the way, and with many dark and tragic endings.

Edit, having basically read the thread...

OK well turns out I didn't really need to do that because the Turner thing is a specific case not directly related to the thread topic except that I guess he was another person who was interested in ketamine. This thread is basically just a glorified and slightly poetic trip report that makes some in my view quite irresponsible and completely unnuanced claims about various, invariably, always, frustratingly vague properties of the ketamine experience as if they are universal, objective facts, when they are not. @TripSitterNZ - I'm genuinely very happy you had a good experience with ketamine, and it's no secret obviously my own love for the substance despite my deep, deep, distrust of it, and I enjoyed your ode to the K-hole in your opening post. Everyone else who also had a good time - good for you. I've had many too, I think ketamine is a very interesting and somewhat magical substance too. But it isn't magic. And there's barely anything of real substance in this thread to justify the title. This thread would be better placed in the Words forum or Drug Culture or something, Everyone who asked for clarity and pointed out the problems with the ever present vagueness, thank you for that because I was thinking the same thing right away, For example:

Chris Timothy said:
Can you elaborate on how you feel it cured your trauma? I'm aware of how sensitive of a topic that can be, and I don't want to inquisitive.. it's just that when you keep everything vague like this, the recurrent healing from trauma starts sounding more like coping.

I'm sure it isn't.. I mean I'm well aware of the power of dissociatives, like obviously. It's just that there is a delusional potential in them too, and describing the perceived psychological mechanism in more detail would reassure the readers that's not what's happening here.
You made this point admirably kindly and with humility and I totally agree with it. I think it was somewhat answered, but just speaking for myself I'm not reassured that anyone here has used ketamine for long enough to really understand how sustainable the good stuff really isn't - and because of the reasons I stated before which have not, as far as I can tell, been contradicted in any kind of clear way, this will not be true for everyone and I obviously have no way of knowing who in this thread it is really true for but as a a general rule - the good stuff is not usually sustainable. There will be exceptions of course, but the fact they are exceptions kinda just proves the rule.

I am probably being harsh here but I am just jaded with the flippancy with which every now and then someone declares that one or another dissociative is god's gift to humanity and like nothing else, because it never is, or at least - I have no reason to believe it yet, and I have many reasons to believe if there is such a substance - ketamine and probably, indeed, arylcyclohexylamine dissociatives are not going to be the class into which that magic substance falls.

Last edited:
Why I brought you here? Well you always insist that there are good addictions, and I always insist that, if so, it doesn't make sense to call it an addiction anymore. This keeps leading to confusion, and I've given up the hope of settling on any common ground over it, but therefore I thought your voice would have a place here in this thread. And I think it has. Even though I again indeed think you're being overly harsh, and sometimes try to remedy vagueness with more vagueness.

Once there are exceptions, it can be investigated why they are exceptions, instead of concluding there must be nothing really there, as the exception proves the unchanging rule. You're disappointed by the lack of immediately sustainable magic, I'm intrigued by it and look for ways to sustain it anyway. You think I'm therefore delusional I'm sure, and I disagree, because I feel I might very well not have been alive today if it weren't for the dissociative state. That must be the core point of our disagreement. That doesn't mean I can't imagine deep, deep distrust towards something that gives life. I'm incredibly harsh towards my close relatives, shamelessly so. Therefore I guess I'm more inclined to keep questioning deep distrust. Which is not guaranteed to be a net good for everyone around me. Which is why counterbalance is needed, and I'm glad you've indulged.