• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Just tried xanax first time..what gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello again. great to see you've got the CWE going. Save your precious innards from ibuprofen punishment!

I really don't like the sound of these experiments you are conducting. Seems like trouble is coming at you on the express line. I'm sure you've heard it all before, and I'm sure you've got your reasons for doing what you're doing, but benzos are just bad news when taken in that way. Whatever issues you're trying to get relief from, benzos will bring back to you somewhere down the line multiplied dozens of times over.

Now that you know how to CWE, have you tried taking a larger dose of codeine? Codeine might help you sleep and relax, and it might last longer than the zopiclone.

I don't want to encourage you to take more things that could be dangerous (especially if you are combining downers: respiratory depression can be fatal), but I think that in many ways codeine is less dangerous than alpazolam (Xanax). I mean, it's the lesser of two evils. In my experience, codeine is a fucking saint compared to alprazolam.

Take care

Hi all,

Ok so here's the short of it. Im a major insomnia like others here as it seems.

Anyway I was taking zopiclone for sleep, been on them for a year since I was given them in hospital after a major op.

Now for some background, I regularly abuse opoids, mainly nurofen plus for the codiene at the moment, a packet at a time, sometimes givemss me a nice buzz sometimes does jack. Butbthats what gave me a burst intestine and hence hospital visit last year.

Well over the year I've needed more and more zopiclone to sleep, currntly take between 6 to 10 x 7.5mg Z's to sleep and even then wake up in the middle of the night and need to take another couple, wait an hour and get back to sleep. But at least with Z's I don't feel like crap in the morning.

Anyway I thought I was taking too many z's so i needed to switch to something else. Tried to get temazepam cos I remember mild but nice euphozria last time I too those but couldn't get any.lo

People said get xanax its much better that temaz. Sso I got xanax.

Tried them for the first time last night.
Now due to the scaremongering on this website about mixing cns depressants and ld50 and other technobabble I haven't a clue about, I thought id be careful.
Zz
So i took 1 x 1mg xanax, waited half an hour and nothing happened.
Couldn't face the thguht of not sleeping so i took 2 x 7.5mg zopi. That usually takes an hour to work unless you eat right after.

Took 2nd xanax 1 hour later, felt some mild something, not euphoria, but something. Nothing major.

ZAte evening meal.

Then within half an hour was knocked out.

But

Again woke at 2 am and had to take 2 zopiclone to get back to sleep.

So am I benzo resistant or do i need to do a higher dose or what?

Where's the euphoria everyone talking about?

As far as i can see temazapam is miles better even though it takes up to 2 hours to kick in

How do i get euphoria off xanax. Do a higher dose?

Any help appreciated.
Oh yes and i had also taken some tramadol and an ssri just earlier also.prescribed since I just had surgery again1 months ago.

Im trying to use benzos to get off those damned nurofen plus tablets cos they'll kill my guts.

Plus this morning I feel dopey.y

.5mg will be enough for me to sleep undisturbed for several hours, but benzodiazepines don't give you euphoria, they just prevent anxiiety, which could be mistaken as euphoria if taken during an anxiety attack, so that's a lost cause.

Also the tramadol may have kept you up, although i doubt it since that combo (xanax + tramadol) was a nod-fest for me, but i didn't take a particular high dose of tramadol.

I heard temazepam is more effective for sleep.

Nurofen +... that's codeine, i believe... why would you try substituting an opiate with a benzo?? they are very different classes of drugs. also you may have a cross tolerance to benzos since you used zopiclone, which works almost identically on the brain, so i guess that's possible but don't quote me.

And stop with the codeine, if youre going to abuse it, at least extract out all that nasty ibuprofen before, cause that's more harmful to your liver than the codeine!!

people have crazy expectations...benzos suck unless you truly have panic attacks...trust...

Benzodiazepines are not euphoric and are an absolutely horrible solution for insomnia for someone with your tolerance.

You can't just "solve" your problems with pills, you have to put in work to improve your sleep hygiene like regulating your diet and exercise.

^ word tricomb.
maybe try promethazine for your insomnia. alprazolam is the most effective benzo i found for stopping panic attacks, but for not much else.

Benzodiazepines are not euphoric and are an absolutely horrible solution for insomnia for someone with your tolerance.

You can't just "solve" your problems with pills, you have to put in work to improve your sleep hygiene like regulating your diet and exercise.
Ok,
So all I've heard im gonna cut down my benzo use. Sounds like a nightmsrish withdrawelnwhen it comes. At least I can cold turkey off N+ tablet with codiene, witoutnmajor ago.t honestly guys I can't afford not to sleep cos I honestly can get so down in a sleepless nightbi feel like self harm and it frightens me.I'll explain more when i know u g better.suffice to say there have been multiple deaths in my family this year alone, including my father whonws a brilliant doctor and saved my life umpteen times.

I need escaspism right now specially at night.

But i also need to find a path to sobriety for mybchildres sakes.

Im going to try we on nurofen + tablets, about 400 mg codiene.
Codiene is the best at helping me "escape" for a while from reality.

I refuse to do heroin etc.. so i only got benzos and codiene to help provide me relief.

Btw, what is dihydrocodiene, is it stronger than codiene. Only last time I tookparamax. Tablets they made me feel sick, not a nice high. Might have been otheradditivesthough.

N one got any advice on CWE of Nurprofen plus tabs, cos I heard its sludgy andhard to do. And how does one stop the coffee filters from ripping at the bottom?

Thanks mates.
Ant

dihydrocodeine is a semi-synthetic derivative of codeine and is approx. 1.2 times stronger. personally, i find it much more enjoyable than codeine.

Hi all,

Ok so here's the short of it. Im a major insomnia like others here as it seems.

Anyway I was taking zopiclone for sleep, been on them for a year since I was given them in hospital after a major op.

Now for some background, I regularly abuse opoids, mainly nurofen plus for the codiene at the moment, a packet at a time, sometimes givemss me a nice buzz sometimes does jack. Butbthats what gave me a burst intestine and hence hospital visit last year.

Well over the year I've needed more and more zopiclone to sleep, currntly take between 6 to 10 x 7.5mg Z's to sleep and even then wake up in the middle of the night and need to take another couple, wait an hour and get back to sleep. But at least with Z's I don't feel like crap in the morning.

Anyway I thought I was taking too many z's so i needed to switch to something else. Tried to get temazepam cos I remember mild but nice euphozria last time I too those but couldn't get any.lo

People said get xanax its much better that temaz. Sso I got xanax.

Tried them for the first time last night.
Now due to the scaremongering on this website about mixing cns depressants and ld50 and other technobabble I haven't a clue about, I thought id be careful.
Zz
So i took 1 x 1mg xanax, waited half an hour and nothing happened.
Couldn't face the thguht of not sleeping so i took 2 x 7.5mg zopi. That usually takes an hour to work unless you eat right after.

Took 2nd xanax 1 hour later, felt some mild something, not euphoria, but something. Nothing major.

ZAte evening meal.

Then within half an hour was knocked out.

But

Again woke at 2 am and had to take 2 zopiclone to get back to sleep.

So am I benzo resistant or do i need to do a higher dose or what?

Where's the euphoria everyone talking about?

As far as i can see temazapam is miles better even though it takes up to 2 hours to kick in

How do i get euphoria off xanax. Do a higher dose?

Any help appreciated.
Oh yes and i had also taken some tramadol and an ssri just earlier also.prescribed since I just had surgery again1 months ago.

Im trying to use benzos to get off those damned nurofen plus tablets cos they'll kill my guts.

Plus this morning I feel dopey.y

Xanax is highly overrated. Temazepam is way better, but I'm shocked you are claiming it takes 2 hours for it to kick in. I feel temazepam in 30 minutes flat. It is supposed to be among the most rapidly absorbed benzos. In fact, a British study said it was the most rapid acting benzo.

hello again. great to see you've got the CWE going. Save your precious innards from ibuprofen punishment!

I really don't like the sound of these experiments you are conducting. Seems like trouble is coming at you on the express line. I'm sure you've heard it all before, and I'm sure you've got your reasons for doing what you're doing, but benzos are just bad news when taken in that way. Whatever issues you're trying to get relief from, benzos will bring back to you somewhere down the line multiplied dozens of times over.

Now that you know how to CWE, have you tried taking a larger dose of codeine? Codeine might help you sleep and relax, and it might last longer than the zopiclone.

I don't want to encourage you to take more things that could be dangerous (especially if you are combining downers: respiratory depression can be fatal), but I think that in many ways codeine is less dangerous than alpazolam (Xanax). I mean, it's the lesser of two evils. In my experience, codeine is a fucking saint compared to alprazolam.

Take care

Thanks mate, that's probably sensible advice considering the road im on at the moment. I've already decided to start cutting down the benzos after reading some of your responses.

Im not going to get anymore and i don't have many left. I hope I can stick to this. You know, I doont really enjoy the feeling any benzo gives me much, apart from temazepam which did give me euphoria last time i took 20mg of it, whilst in hospital. I couldmt sleep cos of the pain from my surgery so my bro got me 2 tabs. Loved that visiting hour, wa ecstatic for a while. Not very long, but sure was pleasant.

I guess I've been chasing that with this benzo bender I've been on.

dihydrocodeine is a semi-synthetic derivative of codeine and is approx. 1.2 times stronger. personally, i find it much more enjoyable than codeine.

Which tablets should I buy to do this with .
I think in the uk its called paramol or paracodol or something similar.its OTC.

However last time i took 24 tablets of those, orally, before I knew about we, and i really felt sick for hours. Like serious nausea. But this may be the paracetamol in it.

Cheers bud.

That would be the APAP toxicity that made you sick.... 24 tablets with no CWE? sounds incredibly dangerous.

24 pills even if they contain only 250mgs paracetamol is clearly an overdose and your liver would be better served just topping off a bottle of vodka. not that i want to advocate alcoholism it's a shitty addiction.

No because I live in the United States and thus can't tell you much about DHC. ;)

Nobody here can tell you what drugs you need to buy to do a CWE, sorry. It's against the rules, and besides, there are too many brand names...

But... Panadiene Extra (15mg codeine plus acetaminophen) is one popular brand of painkiller that is probably carried anywhere Nurofen is, but you should ask and see if your local drugstore carries generics or store brand ones.

I wouldnt say benzoes provide much "euphoria" more like you dont give a fuck about much and just do some stupid shit that seemed fun at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
didn't i just state all this? it was assumed because of their different chemical structure that they weren't as addictive benzos, however since the nonbenzodiazepines have been around for a while (since the early 90s) it is now known that their short half life and their selectivity as GABA PAMs makes them just as addictive as benzos and comparable in addiction potential to stuff like triazolam and midazolam. they're bad news and i seriously recommend a taper with a long acting benzo like diazepam, oxazepam or clonazepam.
if you can none of these phenazepam will do too, if you manufacture a propylene glycol solution. i hope ths helps.

Last edited:
didn't i just state all this? it was assumed because of their different chemical structure that they weren't as addictive benzos, however since the nonbenzodiazepines have been around for a while (since the early 90s) it is now known that their short half life and their selectivity as GABA PAMs makes them just as addictive as benzos and comparable in addiction potential to stuff like triazolam and midazolam. they're bad news and i seriously recommend a taper with a long acting benzo like diazepam, oxazepam or clonazepam.
if you can none of these phenazepam will do too, if you manufacture a propylene glycol solution. i hope ths helps.

I agree with this except for the phenazepam bit.

Also, I don't think a drug that's been around for 20 years is long enough to evaluate it, although 20 years is certainly better than 10, etc.

well yeah phenazepam can really fuck you up if you get pure powder (as it's usually sold). but i don't see why a phenazepam taper in a solution wouldn't work. it has a very long half life and if he slowly tapers off, why shouldn't it work? i'm not putting you down tricomb, i'm genuinely curious. i did some really stupid shit when i eyeballed doses of phenazepam, but once i had a propylene glycol solution, which i made out of the aforementioned solvent and mineral water and vodka, the doses were clear (2mg per ml) and easy to dose with a 1ml syringe, and then it was helpful. if phenazepam is not suited for a taper please correct me.
edit: addiction to nonbenzodiazepines means at the same time addiction to benzos. they're interchangeable. it's like arguing that addiction to vodka doesn't equal addiction to scotch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.