• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Just tried xanax first time..what gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yesterday i took 3mg alprazolam, 30mgs midazolam and 100mgs clorazepate on top of 1500mg pregabalin and countless doses of GBL. while the combination produced a sort of sedate euphoria, but the GBL greatly enhanced this. the pregabalin also. all in all i haven't felt this good in months, and i've taken quite a few drugs in this time. the last time i was this disinhibited and carefree was when shooting heroin. off course it doesn't really compare but i had an absolute blast last night. even though i just hung around at home it was a memorable evening.

For me, the first few times I took benzos (they were Xanex) I didn't feel anything except a little tired. After maybe the 3rd time I started to feel the euphoria, and the slightly-tired feeling went away for me. I compare it to how some people don't get stoned the first time they smoke pot (though that definitely didn't happen to me with pot).

Although, it might just be a dosage issue for you, this was just the case with me...

Xanax gives you a chilled out feeling and relaxes you and makes any situation more calm. What were you doing when you took it? If you go out or just chill with some friends and take a stick or two or three lol (2mg if u never done it before) you will feel awesome and have a great time. I love Xanax. Especially with D it makes you nod like a mofo, great combination. Throw some trees in, and you got the best combo possible IMO <3

Xanax gives you a chilled out feeling and relaxes you and makes any situation more calm. What were you doing when you took it? If you go out or just chill with some friends and take a stick or two or three lol (2mg if u never done it before) you will feel awesome and have a great time. I love Xanax. Especially with D it makes you nod like a mofo, great combination. Throw some trees in, and you got the best combo possible IMO <3

What is D exactly and trees?

Tonight I've taken 3 x 1mg xanax. Hasn't knocked me out. I feel a little life headed and a bit tired but that's about it.

I'll have to go empty my stomach and takes zopiclone to fall asleep now. What a pain.

Im probably just resistant to benzos, not the answer fornje.

But tanks for the CWE extraction info for codiene, it will definately at least prevent self arm because I don't trust myself to stay away from codiene for 2 long.

Cheers guys for all your help and comments.

And btw, there are many personal reasons I can't go to my doc and explain that im taking 10 times the prescribed dose of zopiclone. I can't have that on my medical record. Drug abuse in y career one is not tolerated and yes I have to sign a waiver allowing them to have access to my medical records. I have other reasons too personal too discuss just now.

That's why im here. I know I have problems and I was hoping some of you guys could help me.

What is D exactly and trees?

Tonight I've taken 3 x 1mg xanax. Hasn't knocked me out. I feel a little life headed and a bit tired but that's about it.

I'll have to go empty my stomach and takes zopiclone to fall asleep now. What a pain.

Im probably just resistant to benzos, not the answer fornje.

But tanks for the CWE extraction info for codiene, it will definately at least prevent self arm because I don't trust myself to stay away from codiene for 2 long.

Cheers guys for all your help and comments.

And btw, there are many personal reasons I can't go to my doc and explain that im taking 10 times the prescribed dose of zopiclone. I can't have that on my medical record. Drug abuse in y career one is not tolerated and yes I have to sign a waiver allowing them to have access to my medical records. I have other reasons too personal too discuss just now.

That's why im here. I know I have problems and I was hoping some of you guys could help me.

u don't have problems. The drugs you are using, the codeine pills you use is at the bottom of the opiate list, like the complete bottom. Those pills are pretty much harmless, the filler is worst that the codeine. And the dosage of Xanax you are taking is a small amount.

D = dope ( heroin )
Trees = weed

well, if you have a high tolerance to benzos (like i do), try getting your hands on some pregabalin or gabapentin. pregabalin is better, but gabapentin works too, as they both significantly potentiate benzodiazepines. a good starting dose for pregabalin would be 150-600mgs (some people get pretty good results with a low dosage). gabapentin i'd say 600-1200mgs as a starting dose.

if these dosages are too high, someone correct me if i'm wrong. i get pregabalin prescribed, and it's been useful on its own as a mild anxiolytic, (not that recreational) but it has been incredibly useful combined with other drugs. almost every drug i mixed it with, it enhanced the high. if you're starting out, i'd recommend taking not much more than 300mg the first time just to test the waters and keep the benzo dosage low. generally gabapentin and pregabalin are not hard to get prescribed, if you know what to say to the doc.

edit: for me mirtazapine works really well as an hypnotic. i've been taking it for four months, and aside from a little weight gain it has virtually no side effects. it doesn't lose its effectiveness over time, and a small dose will still make me sleep like a stone. benzos are pretty shitty for sleep in any case, their best use is as an anxiolytic, but only if not taken more than once a week.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Ok so here's the short of it. Im a major insomnia like others here as it seems.

Anyway I was taking zopiclone for sleep, been on them for a year since I was given them in hospital after a major op.

Now for some background, I regularly abuse opoids, mainly nurofen plus for the codiene at the moment, a packet at a time, sometimes givemss me a nice buzz sometimes does jack. Butbthats what gave me a burst intestine and hence hospital visit last year.

Well over the year I've needed more and more zopiclone to sleep, currntly take between 6 to 10 x 7.5mg Z's to sleep and even then wake up in the middle of the night and need to take another couple, wait an hour and get back to sleep. But at least with Z's I don't feel like crap in the morning.

Anyway I thought I was taking too many z's so i needed to switch to something else. Tried to get temazepam cos I remember mild but nice euphozria last time I too those but couldn't get any.lo

People said get xanax its much better that temaz. Sso I got xanax.

Tried them for the first time last night.
Now due to the scaremongering on this website about mixing cns depressants and ld50 and other technobabble I haven't a clue about, I thought id be careful.
Zz
So i took 1 x 1mg xanax, waited half an hour and nothing happened.
Couldn't face the thguht of not sleeping so i took 2 x 7.5mg zopi. That usually takes an hour to work unless you eat right after.

Took 2nd xanax 1 hour later, felt some mild something, not euphoria, but something. Nothing major.

ZAte evening meal.

Then within half an hour was knocked out.

But

Again woke at 2 am and had to take 2 zopiclone to get back to sleep.

So am I benzo resistant or do i need to do a higher dose or what?

Where's the euphoria everyone talking about?

As far as i can see temazapam is miles better even though it takes up to 2 hours to kick in

How do i get euphoria off xanax. Do a higher dose?

Any help appreciated.
Oh yes and i had also taken some tramadol and an ssri just earlier also.prescribed since I just had surgery again1 months ago.

Im trying to use benzos to get off those damned nurofen plus tablets cos they'll kill my guts.

Plus this morning I feel dopey.y

There is a cross tolerance between benzos and the zopiclone you are taking, but honestly I think you should work on other ways to manage your insomnia instead of adding more drugs to the mix which will undoubtedly cause dependence if taken more than a few times a week.

Where is the euphoria you hear everyone talking about? Well I don't hear many people talking about how euphoric benzos are, and there are a lot of threads about how people don't find them euphoric. If you are having panic attacks, social anxiety, or are under a lot of stress, then the relief of these symptoms is what people like xanax for. It just make you not care about anything, and takes away your worries, which is the appeal some people see in it. On it's own though, it doesn't provide euphoria like opiates, cocaine, or speed do, but will sure as hell make your comedown from the latter two a lot better, and withdrawals from the former more bearable, so that's what they are used most for outside of treatment of anxiety disorders.

It's not what they make you feel that is what people like about them, it's what they make you don't feel that people like about them. At the end of the day though you are eventually going to have to deal with these symptoms on your own since you won't always have drugs to help you with them, and the drugs can often make the problems worse in the long run. I suggest stopping before it gets worse. Also, don't mix benzos with other downers. If you mix it with alcohol you can black out and do stupid/dangerous things that will land you in prison, the hospital, or the graveyard, and if you mix it with opiates you can overdose on the combination due to the increased amount of CNS depression. Benzos are no joke, and I recommend you stay away from them unless you want to experience some really bad withdrawals, after finally quitting them after possibly doing some stupid/dangerous shit on them.

^ this i also very much agree with. benzos have their uses, but they lose their effectiveness quick which eventually leads to dosage escalation and dependence. i've abused benzos quite thoroughly over the years but except for one short period have never taken them daily. even when used 3-4 times a week, tolerance develops rapidly, and they lose their effectiveness as hypnotics very much faster than they lose their effectiveness as anxiolytics. generally, the rule of thumb is, don't take benzos daily, limit your use to maybe once a week at the most. this works for me although in spite of being very familiar with this substances and knowing the horrible rebound effects they can bring, i don't always stick to it. but that's just me being an idiot, no reason for you to behave in the same way. also z-drugs or nonbenzodiazepines (whichever nomenclature you prefer) have been proven to be just as addictive as benzos.

i just took 5 xanax and i feel no stress, relaxed and rubery like a fucking rubberband. i love xany and ambien ..living life :)

^ this i also very much agree with. benzos have their uses, but they lose their effectiveness quick which eventually leads to dosage escalation and dependence. i've abused benzos quite thoroughly over the years but except for one short period have never taken them daily. even when used 3-4 times a week, tolerance develops rapidly, and they lose their effectiveness as hypnotics very much faster than they lose their effectiveness as anxiolytics. generally, the rule of thumb is, don't take benzos daily, limit your use to maybe once a week at the most. this works for me although in spite of being very familiar with this substances and knowing the horrible rebound effects they can bring, i don't always stick to it. but that's just me being an idiot, no reason for you to behave in the same way. also z-drugs or nonbenzodiazepines (whichever nomenclature you prefer) have been proven to be just as addictive as benzos.

cool

i just took 5 xanax and i feel no stress, relaxed and rubery like a fucking rubberband. i love xany and ambien ..living life :)

If that's what you consider "living life" then you may need to reevaluate things. I don't mean to be preachy on a forum based on drug use, but it is after all a harm reduction board, and benzo use will end up causing more harm than good.

Enjoy your high and all, but please keep it very moderate. That's the only way that you can get by in the drug world, and the only way that you can be "living life" while being a drug user. I've seen way too many people addicted to several substances that still consider their benzo addiction the worst of them all. From the mood swings, to the black outs, to the withdrawals, to the memory loss, you really have to be careful with these drugs and treat them with respect or they will bring you to your knees. I think that they are viewed as somewhat harmless since they don't cause the euphoria of other drugs that seem to be more addictive, but benzo addiction sneaks up on you, and so be careful with it.

Again, sorry to preach but I just wanted to warn you about these things.

This might sound harsh, BUT you are taking an insane amount of tablets by self medicating. (taking 6-10 zopiclone to sleep is crazy)
Please go to your doctor and tell him everything, he is the only person who will know what is best for you.
Sleeping tablets are for sleeping, not euphoria.
Please see your doc as a matter of urgency.

Listen chap. That's the reason i m here to ask for help. Cos I know I need to reduce my z count. I can't tell the doctor that cos of a few obvious reasons ahd because I can't have it xon my medical record if he admits me to a rehab zzplace. My careers finished.

If that's what you consider "living life" then you may need to reevaluate things. I don't mean to be preachy on a forum based on drug use, but it is after all a harm reduction board, and benzo use will end up causing more harm than good.

Enjoy your high and all, but please keep it very moderate. That's the only way that you can get by in the drug world, and the only way that you can be "living life" while being a drug user. I've seen way too many people addicted to several substances that still consider their benzo addiction the worst of them all. From the mood swings, to the black outs, to the withdrawals, to the memory loss, you really have to be careful with these drugs and treat them with respect or they will bring you to your knees. I think that they are viewed as somewhat harmless since they don't cause the euphoria of other drugs that seem to be more addictive, but benzo addiction sneaks up on you, and so be careful with it.

Again, sorry to preach but I just wanted to warn you about these things.

How much benzo do i have to do to start getting addicted. Only been doing it two days. To be honest im not too impressed right now. Xanax is not a patch on temazepam but still, if i did xanax every day for sleep, how long would I get addicted to the point of bad withdrawels coming off them?

well, if you have a high tolerance to benzos (like i do), try getting your hands on some pregabalin or gabapentin. pregabalin is better, but gabapentin works too, as they both significantly potentiate benzodiazepines. a good starting dose for pregabalin would be 150-600mgs (some people get pretty good results with a low dosage). gabapentin i'd say 600-1200mgs as a starting dose.

if these dosages are too high, someone correct me if i'm wrong. i get pregabalin prescribed, and it's been useful on its own as a mild anxiolytic, (not that recreational) but it has been incredibly useful combined with other drugs. almost every drug i mixed it with, it enhanced the high. if you're starting out, i'd recommend taking not much more than 300mg the first time just to test the waters and keep the benzo dosage low. generally gabapentin and pregabalin are not hard to get prescribed, if you know what to say to the doc.

edit: for me mirtazapine works really well as an hypnotic. i've been taking it for four months, and aside from a little weight gain it has virtually no side effects. it doesn't lose its effectiveness over time, and a small dose will still make me sleep like a stone. benzos are pretty shitty for sleep in any case, their best use is as an anxiolytic, but only if not taken more than once a week.

Nice post fella.!

Unfortunatelynfornme mirtazapine lost its effectiveness some time ago as far as being a hypnotic is concerned.

Not sure if myndoc would give me the drugs you reccomend but in could ask him.
What are they used for? What do. Say I need them for?

How much benzo do i have to do to start getting addicted. Only been doing it two days. To be honest im not too impressed right now. Xanax is not a patch on temazepam but still, if i did xanax every day for sleep, how long would I get addicted to the point of bad withdrawels coming off them?

Well you are already dependent on the zopiclone, so you will have some bad withdrawals coming off of that. As for the xanax, probably a month.

This is horrible advice. Never mix a Benzo or an Opiate with Alcohol.

Also, why was this second thread about CWE merged with this one? Makes no sense...One has nothing to do with the other.

That is why i said 2mg and a beer or two. not 3 xanax bars and some whiskey. obviously that wouldnt be a good idea. sometimes xanax alone doesnt just knock me out but rather relaxes me and helps me wind down. and as for trazodone, that worked wonders for me. 50-100mg was perfect for a good night's sleep.

Listen chap. That's the reason i m here to ask for help. Cos I know I need to reduce my z count. I can't tell the doctor that cos of a few obvious reasons ahd because I can't have it xon my medical record if he admits me to a rehab zzplace. My careers finished.

Fair enough.
I was just trying to help.

Fair enough.
I was just trying to help.

Use i know mate and believe me, i do need to hear this kind of constructive criticism !
I badly need to get this insomnia under control without taking multiple doses of any drug.
I'm relatively new to benzos and i did spend good amount of time reading bluelight pages prior to posting get on here .
I was actually impressed by its members, how helpful they are as well as being technically aware of drug interactions etc...

So thank you for your input matey, and keep up the good work. I am definitely going to be trying to find ways of harming myself less. Not just with sleeping meds but with my codiene rabbit also.

Thanks again chap.

taking more xanax !

u don't have problems. The drugs you are using, the codeine pills you use is at the bottom of the opiate list, like the complete bottom. Those pills are pretty much harmless, the filler is worst that the codeine. And the dosage of Xanax you are taking is a small amount.

D = dope ( heroin )
Trees = weed

Ok so tonight im going to try 8x1mg xanax + 5xZopiclone.

See what happens.....

I've done about 60mg codiene this afternoon half of which was done using CWE that I've learnt off kind folks here . Thanks guys, some very good advice from some of you.

Ant

that is not really a safe dosage but then again, i've taken dosages far exceeding that so i'm not gonna preach here.
eh, nonbenzodiazepines and benzodiazepines are interchangeable when viewing their pharmacodynamics. so saying that zopiclone addiction is any different from alprazolam addiction is just pure bullshit. OP's already got a pretty good habit going with his zopiclone, and the best advice i can give is to get a long acting benzo then slowly taper off. diazepam is generally considered good for this, although chlordiazepoxide, clonazepam and clorazepate are also used and have proven effective.

as for the pregabalin/gabapentin question, they're used for neuropathic pain, epilepsy and in the case of the former generalized anxiety disorder (this is what pregabalin is approved for in the european union) and off label for a variety of shit, like mood stabilizers, as an adjunct to opioids in treatment-resistant pain and probably a few things i've forgotten. they're very versatile drugs and generally considered to have a low to non-existant abuse potential (which i can verify) so generally they're not hard to get prescribed.

Status
Not open for further replies.