European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Junkie Pro Tips

Sprout

Bluelight Crew
Some have it down to a fine art, others not so much, but I think we can all agree that life as a drug user is pretty fukkin' hard work and filled with endless possibilities that under the Law of Sod's namesake always seem to conspire together to occur at the absolute single worst possible point, like the Universe personally giving you the middle finger as it descends its scrotum directly onto your existence.

So here's the place to share those little nuggets of advice that make this life just a little less infuriating.

#1 - When buying and carrying multiple individual wraps or bags, always empty them into a single larger bag.
Getting caught with 700mg of Heroin is a possession charge, getting caught with 7 x 100mg units of Heroin is inviting charges of supply and distribution.

#2 - An interior pocket sewn to the inside of the leg of your jeans may seem like a great place to hide your drugs - it only makes it more difficult to quickly and subtly dispose of them if shit hits the fan. Always keep them accessible.

#3 - A small piece of aluminium foil rolled into a tube is unquestionable paraphernalia, a cheap pen with removable ends is not - foil tooters are a convention that will betray you, the hollow plastic tube of the pen works just as well.

#4 - Your eyes can't lie half as well as your words - if you're smacked up get used to applying Atropine drops, they will counteract the obvious constriction.

That last point is what catches me out a lot, my family have become rather good at spotting when I'm high on gear, my voice tends to go a bit raspy too when I'm high,
Never thought of using atropine eye drops, will have to give that a go.

as for the rolled tooter, I tend to only smoke gear at home but if I am out and about I just keep a square of foil in my wallet and make my tooter when needed

The raspy voice is a definite. Nobody's noticed it on me yet but I can feel it myself.

Pin eyes and even more so the white face. I deal with this using eye drops, always smoking weed and blaming that. And I've got this moisturiser which has a slight tan to it, load of that on makes me look less pasty.

The foil tooter is handy as the stuff that gathers inside it tends to be some of the best stuff.

The foil tooter is handy as the stuff that gathers inside it tends to be some of the best stuff.
That's not a specific property of foil, vapour will condense in exactly the same way in any tube, you just have to scrape it out onto the next tray.

- The few seconds it takes to make sure all the windows are closed is preferable to the few hours of incredulity and anger when a sudden gust of wind sends your racked up powder into the air.

- On a stim binge? Set an alarm on your phone to go off at hourly intervals - makes it much harder to lose track of time.

- Tripping solo at home? Put a note on the fridge stating "You have taken a psychedelic. This is drug induced. It is not permanent. It will be over soon" - has no impact if your trip is positive, helps to ground and reassure you if it turns negative.

- Tripping solo at home? Put a note on the fridge stating "You have taken a psychedelic. This is drug induced. It is not permanent. It will be over soon" - has no impact if your trip is positive, helps to ground and reassure you if it turns negative.

I haven't done that with psychedelics but I used to leave a note to myself when taking dissociatives but it may not have been much use. If there's a chance I might black out from benzos, I sometimes lock the doors and put my keys somewhere that will be hard to reach without proper motor skills. I'd rather hurt myself in the privacy of my own home than wander outside and get arrested/get hurt by someone else :\

EDIT:

Similarly I used to do the same with benzos except the note said 'DO NOT LEAVE YOUR ROOM'

Got there before me, snolls :D

I don't tend to vape anything outside my home Sprout. Although I've done meth and crack with friends and at parties, then though it's obviously a pipe used anyway.

It was bcf who gave me the best tip with making a tooter. Get the piece of foil, and fold it length ways several times 1cm between folds. That way when you roll it it rolls nicely. I sometimes use a pen or something to roll it around. Then tape it, so it keeps a good shape.

Also when making the sheet of foil to dump the stuff your vaping on never fold it at all flat. Just make a rounded channel in it for the substance to run down. And make sure the foil is a long enough sheet to chase it down so you get a good hit. I can run circles and squares all sorts of shit round foil now, and my wastage is miles less than it was when I was a newb :D

I have a habit of keeping my tooter in my mouth all the time I smoke, and when I used to smoke in my van regularly , I used to rap a rizla round it for stealth smoking. Not 100% fool prof but at a quick glance kept me out of trouble on more than one occasion.

a) DO NOT use vinegar or lemon juice

b) DO NOT use a lighter to 'sterilise' a needle (carbon-track marks)

c) DO NOT push the barrel/rig/plunger if the registered blood going in has the pressure to push the plunger back out, you are in an artery, not a vein (and that is a big no-no)

d) (personal one) DO NOT try to find a vein when tripping on strong acid, very hard to locate and can end up hitting a nerve, which leads to pain, bad thoughts then bad trip comes on as you sit and squeeze your arm and hope you didnt commit the previous point

e) DO NOT ignore your dealer saying "this batch is strong", even if it is apparently stronger all the time according to the texts they have been sending, leading you to believe they are talking pish

f) DO NOT take heroin then subutex for at least 24hrs (vice versa does next to nothing)

g) if going outside with anything and not wanting to get caught, double/triple bag your gear into small dumplings and keep them tucked away inside your mouth, at the top right or left side, in between the teeth and cheek, you'd be surprised how many gear dumplings can safely fit in that area (old dealers/runners around here done this and cops had a very hard time pinning anything on them (no pun intended))

h...eroin) if you have realised you are addicted, get straight to a doctor and try get on a program, the program will help on those days were theres nothing about or no £'s

i) benzos and heroin are like roulette, place your bet on your own life, 5 out of the 7 times i overdosed were because of benzos and point (e), if you take a long acting benzo the day before you plan on taking heroin, think twice and if you must, smoke or pin only a small amount

this next point should be done by anyone thinking of switching from foil to needle, plugging has great bio-availability when done correctly
j) if you found a vein then lost then found again then lost, the amount of blood starts to coagulate, making it very hard and dangerous to shoot, keep a spare rig/barrel/syringe with the needle point taken off, fill with warm water and shove it in your pooper, give yourself an enema, push shit out as much as you can then plug the heroin/blood mix into your ass (needle point taken off obviously) this is the best way i found to save a hit that has become too full of blood to shoot, just keep your arse in the air whilst the mixture absorbs, you wont get the rush if you already use needles but you will stave off any withdrawal

k) always ALWAYS use a needles bin (we call them sin bins around here) nothing worse than walking around and getting a random needle in the foot, worst thing is it might not be you that this happens to, anyone that enters the room which you have used in is at risk, if that happens then shit really will hit the fan

l) never believe this line "hes just down there, give us the money and ill go get it" because that person, 9 times outta 10, will not return, their fone also stops working too so TL;DR dont be gullible or pressured into handing money over before getting the product, drug etiquette 101 right there

m) if a deal sounds too good to be true, it prob is, coffee granules/oxo cubes/bisto granules all can be handed over and there's nothing worse than rattling and having to smell the coffee

n) "i will tick til your dole/pay day" are the words of a slave owner in regards to heroin

o) get naloxone training, me and my mother got it along with learning CPR (handy to know for any drug taker) i have 2 rigs full of it sitting in my house and i dont use anymore but you never know when they could be needed, best to have them than to have to wait on the ambulance whilst you friend is slowly fading from existence, your friend may hate you for a bit once its administered as its immediate withdrawals but they will thank you in the long run, that stuff has saved countless lives and should be available from any pharmacy that does a needle exchange

gonna stop there, theres plenty more as everyone here has said some good tips

stay safe!

a) DO NOT use vinegar or lemon juice

b) DO NOT use a lighter to 'sterilise' a needle (carbon-track marks)

c) DO NOT push the barrel/rig/plunger if the registered blood going in has the pressure to push the plunger back out, you are in an artery, not a vein (and that is a big no-no)

d) (personal one) DO NOT try to find a vein when tripping on strong acid, very hard to locate and can end up hitting a nerve, which leads to pain, bad thoughts then bad trip comes on as you sit and squeeze your arm and hope you didnt commit the previous point

e) DO NOT ignore your dealer saying "this batch is strong", even if it is apparently stronger all the time according to the texts they have been sending, leading you to believe they are talking pish

f) DO NOT take heroin then subutex for at least 24hrs (vice versa does next to nothing)

g) if going outside with anything and not wanting to get caught, double/triple bag your gear into small dumplings and keep them tucked away inside your mouth, at the top right or left side, in between the teeth and cheek, you'd be surprised how many gear dumplings can safely fit in that area (old dealers/runners around here done this and cops had a very hard time pinning anything on them (no pun intended))

h...eroin) if you have realised you are addicted, get straight to a doctor and try get on a program, the program will help on those days were theres nothing about or no £'s

i) benzos and heroin are like roulette, place your bet on your own life, 5 out of the 7 times i overdosed were because of benzos and point (e), if you take a long acting benzo the day before you plan on taking heroin, think twice and if you must, smoke or pin only a small amount

this next point should be done by anyone thinking of switching from foil to needle, plugging has great bio-availability when done correctly
j) if you found a vein then lost then found again then lost, the amount of blood starts to coagulate, making it very hard and dangerous to shoot, keep a spare rig/barrel/syringe with the needle point taken off, fill with warm water and shove it in your pooper, give yourself an enema, push shit out as much as you can then plug the heroin/blood mix into your ass (needle point taken off obviously) this is the best way i found to save a hit that has become too full of blood to shoot, just keep your arse in the air whilst the mixture absorbs, you wont get the rush if you already use needles but you will stave off any withdrawal

k) always ALWAYS use a needles bin (we call them sin bins around here) nothing worse than walking around and getting a random needle in the foot, worst thing is it might not be you that this happens to, anyone that enters the room which you have used in is at risk, if that happens then shit really will hit the fan

l) never believe this line "hes just down there, give us the money and ill go get it" because that person, 9 times outta 10, will not return, their fone also stops working too so TL;DR dont be gullible or pressured into handing money over before getting the product, drug etiquette 101 right there

m) if a deal sounds too good to be true, it prob is, coffee granules/oxo cubes/bisto granules all can be handed over and there's nothing worse than rattling and having to smell the coffee

n) "i will tick til your dole/pay day" are the words of a slave owner in regards to heroin

o) get naloxone training, me and my mother got it along with learning CPR (handy to know for any drug taker) i have 2 rigs full of it sitting in my house and i dont use anymore but you never know when they could be needed, best to have them than to have to wait on the ambulance whilst you friend is slowly fading from existence, your friend may hate you for a bit once its administered as its immediate withdrawals but they will thank you in the long run, that stuff has saved countless lives and should be available from any pharmacy that does a needle exchange

gonna stop there, theres plenty more as everyone here has said some good tips

stay safe!

Excellent post Matt! :)

I found this out from a certain Sunday World story a few months ago. You're probably aware of said bicycle crew floating about South Belfast with £500 worth of gear in their gob.

Last edited:
In the interests of harm reduction don't do this but....

Take the alcohol swabs you get in exchange packs, suck the alcohol out and use it to rinse out filters far more effectively than you can with water. Water it down a bit before shooting (it will evaporate very quickly as well).

Best/worst tip you will get in this thread.

blowing your nose as you push when taking a heroin shit helps get it out faster.

don't ever trust a dealer with more than £10-20 the first time you buy if he isn't vouched for.

have DHC or meth lying around for days you can't score to avoid trips to cash converters.

don't act like a cunt or steal anything when you're carrying, then you can hold all the tooters, brown, needles etc. you want when out and about.

Unlike most other drugs, nearly all the scaremongering and sensationalism you've ever heard about Heroin really IS true!

Not so much a tip, as a piece of advice that should be heeded.

The JKLM Concert Flute:

Take a 15 cm. square of aluminium foil. Place shiny-side-down. Fold up and over 3.75 cm. from each of two opposite edges, leaving a double-sided shiny rectangle with a gap up the middle of the top side. Fold up and over 0.5 cm. from one short edge. Take one of the remaining corners and fold up and over at 45 degrees, so the corner ends up 7.5 cm. from the other corner on that end. Fold that corner up and over to the new corner. You now have something the shape of which resembles the outline of the backspace symbol on your keyboard.

Take a Rizla paper and cut off the adhesive strip. Do not lick it yet. Wrap the foil around a ballpoint pen -- that actually writes; using a pen that does not write as a mould is unlucky -- with the unbroken side on the inside. While holding the last turn in place, lick the Rizla strip and use this as tape to wrap around the foil for at least two turns. When dry, slide the pen out of the tooter.

You can use this chisel-pointed tooter in two ways. Either with the long part at the top so the aperture faces down, in which case you can maximise the catchment area and minimise wastage; or with the long part underneath so the smoke has to travel around, up, over it and into the aperture, in which case you can maximise the amount of "Bonus Beetle" condensed on the end -- but this requires precision control of toke strength to avoid wastage.

For the very last of your stash, make an extra-long tooter (e.g. use a piece of foil 18 or 20 cm. by 15). You can then snip off the end, which is where all the condensate will be, open it out and the remaining stub of tooter is still long enough to smoke it through.

A woodburning stove will provide a convenient excuse for sooty fingerprints over light switches and door handles .....

Sounds good Julie, but what's the point of the rizla strip when simply crimping the centre of the tube between the thumb, index and middle fingers is sufficient to keep a tube from unrolling, and also acts as an adjustable venturi to restrict the airflow to one's personal taste? In fact, the whole thing sounds too much of a faff for a rattling junkie to be bothered with.

In a similar vein (pun intended), before I got a habit, I used to meticulously smooth the foil plate as flat as possible to remove any frazzle inducing creases. The best way to do this bitd (sadly no longer relevant these days) was to clean your CRT TV screen with an alcohol wipe or similar to remove any greasy deposits. Turn the TV on and wait a few minutes for the static charge to build up. Take your foil plate and offer it up to the screen with the shiny side facing you then slowly move it toward the screen. At a distance of about 20mm, the static charge will 'grab' the foil and pull it flat against the screen. You can now let go and it will stay stuck to the screen. Take a soft paper tissue and gently rub the foil all over the shiny side. Any creases and crinkles will disappear before your very eyes leaving an almost perfectly flat sheet which could then be carefully peeled away from the screen.

Unfortunately, even this was far too much of a faff when I got a habit and soon went out the window - as long as it was vaguely rectangular and flattish, it would do...

Last edited:
I know the hour alarm clock for stim binges was mentioned - but set a daily alarm, get a mate to call you, set something to remind you the days. If your at home try to shower in the morning and brush your teeth, can't be arsed with food make a smoothie fresh cold fruit is way easier to get down - brush your teeth again later in the day.

Even if your bouncing off the walls try to have a few hours 'down time' just shut your eyes and relax for a bit.

Use lube

I found this out from a certain Sunday World story a few months ago. You're probably aware of said bicycle crew floating about South Belfast with £500 worth of gear in their gob.

There was a spotlight video on 2 old dealers of mine, one hu held up my ex-partner with a knife when he was going to pick up a big bit of weight (police raided his place and found guns) then the Russian crew here that have now dissapeared, they had runner kids with hundreds of pounds every Hour go meet someone to give the cash to then go meet them again in another hour with another few hundred, that how good business was for them.
Spotlight done a government test kit on the stuff and it was reasonably quite high purity for such an operation that was doing hundred bags (.2) a day

Aye it must have been the same people. Did they attach bits of coloured insulation tape to their spokes so that they could recognise each other? I would wipe my arse down the nose bridge of the paramilitary dealers before I'd say, ''Excuse me, please'', to the crazy Russian bastards.

I'll remove this, if you wish, but I have a sneaking suspicion that I, unknowingly, met you on Malone Avenue one day. I may be wrong!

I must see if I can dig out that Spotlight episode online.

A great piece of advice. When you're coming down, and have put your todger out of action, it really is depressing.

Last edited: