• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

"Junior, the most important thing you need to know about how the world works is..."

"Strength does not come from physical capacity,it comes from an indomitable will"

The answers to life's riddles are not found in a sentence, but are devised and revised throughout a lifetime.

don't forget that the world is full of wonder, be brave enough to be interested in it and everything it contains, no matter what the current trends are, and life will be full, fun and adventurous, and others will love you for it.

nb i've been meaning to start this thread for ages.

Know your place, son! And know that it's shared with a world of other people, each wonderfully unique and worth everything, just like you are.

"I'm the one who has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want too."

-Jimi Hendrix.

My advice would probably be a 3rd person interpretation of that.

Outputting positive energy will attract positive energy, and likewise negativity will attract negativity. I found that once I started living my life daily attempting nothing but positive actions and feelings, everything startedd to fall into place and I became very happy in general, and I could always feel good about myself.

^^Great philosophy Xorkoth and a good way to go through life.

As the great Bill Hicks said, "It's just a ride".

Also, "learn to question everything".

Cowardice is the fastest track to being un-happy...be brave, and do what you want to do, and what you feel is right. Regardless of the risks, consequneses or un-popularity of it, go for it and never back down, never run away and never let fear rule you.

Control, be responsible for, and be honest to yourself.

Maybe this will change as I age, but this is what I have now.

The negativity of life is there at all times while the positive must be worked at to be acheived

ignorance is prerequesite to fear

take your pick;)

All anyone* wants is to be accepted.

* (anyone who is not a sociopath.)

A bit anti-climactic. :\

Don't take it the wrong way. You seem to be pretty intelligent, well-spoken, yadda yadda yadda. That's why I kinda expected something more.

Or maybe I'm missing something and the fish tank is deeper than I thought. 8o

If so, my apologies for being what the French call, "Le Dumb"

to smile. you will cross paths in life that can seem crippling. positivity will set you free again. dont forget to smile.

...kytnism...:|

Sorry to let you down, Max. :)

It just has struck me for some time that not wanting to be alone is the prime motivator for most people doing most of what they do, once basic survival needs have been met. You might not understand someone's exact reasons for doing what they do. But chances are they're just trying to feel more connected (and perhaps going about it all wrong). This is the key to being compassionate, rather than fearful or suspicious, toward people you don't get, or even don't like!

I completely agree.

Having that as the single most important thing about how the world works . . . I dunno. There's just so much more to life - very important things.

But you do make a good point, so. :)